Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,505 members, 7,961,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 09:01 AM

University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes (18033 Views)

University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike / UNN Meets Its 24-hour Electricity Need From Organic Waste — VC / Cultists In Polytechnic Ibadan: Students On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by MasterTeeUSA: 11:16pm On Jul 17
That was before it was revised. That is how I know you did not even study the loan requirement. Shiorr

https://nefl-public-assets.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/PUBLIC+GUIDELINES+FOR+APPLICANTS+FUND+UNDER+THE+STUDENTS+LOANS+ACT+2024.pdf

GenFunction:
Did u read the loan requirements? u must have 2 govt directors to shortee u,they will even request 4 ur mother's jamb result if care is nt taken
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by MasterTeeUSA: 11:17pm On Jul 17
student loan that is 0% interest that you might not even pay back.. and you say you want to be unfortunate or you are already unfortunate.

NOwazobia:
Which dirty student loan, or you guys just want to be unfortunate in this country. angry
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by yewit37486: 11:27pm On Jul 17
premierlead:

It's not only people from that region that are in that school, we have many students from other regions there

Don't mind that ignorant fellow.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by Bigkoko: 11:50pm On Jul 17
IPOb students according to Asiwaju online miscreants!
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by PSmurf: 11:55pm On Jul 17
These Ipobic students need to shelf this nzogbu nzogbu noise making protest and adjust with us. Things are improving gradually but it's going to take time. Asiwaju is working hard. They should follow us manage the electricity like that - even the so-called developed countries ration electricity. As for tuition, the great jagaban has made tuition loans available. We don't have time for this nzogbu nzogbu ipobic protests.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by PSmurf: 11:56pm On Jul 17
Let me even add they should go collect loans like Nigeria. Everyone is borrowing 😁
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by emmi14: 12:59am On Jul 18
premierlead:

It's not only people from that region that are in that school, we have many students from other regions there

Yes you're right but majority are from Bola Tinubu region. Some are still supporting Tinubu their tribal man. One question they cannot answer sincerely is; how is this government directly affecting me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by rickleye: 12:59am On Jul 18
premierlead:
There is an ongoing protest inside the premier University. It was gathered that the management of the institution has increased tuition fee twice in two sessions since Tinubu came into steering the affairs of the nation.

All efforts to meet with any member of the management proved abortive as all doors to the Vice Chancellery Building were under key and lock.

Students were audibly heard chanting various protest songs. Entrance to the main gate was blocked by the students, who carried placards with different messages.

https://independent.ng/ui-students-protest-over-power-supply-rationing-amid-rising-fee-halt-movement/

Wahala approved light 💡 what a mess. There was a time when there was 24hour power !!! If it failed backup generators kicked in.
Black African man doesn’t like himself .
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by rickleye: 1:22am On Jul 18
I just read the document . Nicely done in theory but my issues are
1. Where are the jobs ?
2. Loans will be made available as long as the funds exist . So a student gets a loan 5 years university + one year NYSC + 2 years grace period ( 8 years before they start repayment .
3. The government can garnish your wages up to 10% if you are still owing .

Loans is not the answer for our climate. You are turning everyone to debtors before they leave school .
By making loans available the schools can increase school fees arbitrarily.

Stop the coastal highway to nowhere and use that money to lower the debt and fix the inland roads making the transportation of goods and services cheaper. Fix the epileptic light supply . Invest in solar , nuclear ☢️ and hydro .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by Tempulated: 2:48am On Jul 18
premierlead:
There is an ongoing protest inside the premier University. It was gathered that the management of the institution has increased tuition fee twice in two sessions since Tinubu came into steering the affairs of the nation.

All efforts to meet with any member of the management proved abortive as all doors to the Vice Chancellery Building were under key and lock.

Students were audibly heard chanting various protest songs. Entrance to the main gate was blocked by the students, who carried placards with different messages.

See road, Poverty dot com.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by DesChyko: 3:47am On Jul 18
Ballzproblem2:
police should use live ammunition and scatter them ,when they voted their brother in power with tribalism in their heart they thought they were doing Igbos, shoot them back to their hostels.

Tinubu did not win the last elections, especially not in areas with significant education/exposure and innocent citizens with no stake in what transpired must not be made to suffer for the corrupt practices of the ruling class.

That being said, your opinion is crass and thoughtless.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by NSK4U(m): 3:49am On Jul 18
Serves them right. Just in recent years, I as a student of UI paid 17k and the highest sch fee I paid throughout my undergraduate studies is within 23k, but immediately Tinubu entered, it rose to 50k+ and now, I can't even imagine how humongous the fee has become.

Yet, they nearly fought us during election time over who we knew Tinubu to be........it was tribalism that didn't let them consider all the red flags about him. I can still remember one of my lecturers and close friend friend from Kogi telling me to pipe low whatever the outcome of the court case would be during the election results trial. In his words, Nigerians have not suffered enough, when they do, no one would try to sell such a man to Nigeria because of tribal and religious relationship. This discussion was barely one year and all he predicted are already happening
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by MarketDispatch: 4:33am On Jul 18
premierlead:
There is an ongoing protest

https://independent.ng/ui-students-protest-over-power-supply-rationing-amid-rising-fee-halt-movement/

How can a country develop with band A band B rubbish
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by yommen: 6:20am On Jul 18
Ballzproblem2:
police should use live ammunition and scatter them,when they voted their brother in power with tribalism in their heart they thought they were doing Igbos,shoot them back to their hostels.

You are too deformed instead of being informed. I observe that people who accuse others of tribalism are the most tribalistic.

The university you are talking about is a federal university and students cut across different tribes. In my last visit there, I saw a building designated for students from .. I think Kenya. So there are students from even other African countries there not to mention other states in Nigeria. Shocked?

Go and analyse the results of the last election again. The result shows Obi won Tinubu in the south. This means if Nigeria was about the south alone, Obi is president already. Tinubu had the highest share in the north even more than Atiku and that's what won him the election. Obi did the analysis and that's why he is doing boreholes for them in the north in order to have their votes in the next election. So your accusation of tribalism against Yorubas is just as baseless and senseless as you are.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by ObalendeCMS: 6:26am On Jul 18
Useless youths!

It's like you guys don't know that your parents have sold your future!

Don't you all know that What Is meant for you & your unborn generations has been eaten up by your parents in way of empowering these useless politicians?

Instead of dragging your parents for their foolishness, you sons & daughters of fools come gather con dey display una family heritage - FOOLISHNESS!
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by Lovenorth: 7:09am On Jul 18
premierlead:

There are still other people from all over Nigeria in the North or South East
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by ivandragon: 7:13am On Jul 18
Ballzproblem2:
police should use live ammunition and scatter them,when they voted their brother in power with tribalism in their heart they thought they were doing Igbos,shoot them back to their hostels.

You are part of the reason why the country is a mess.

You import tribal nonsense into everything and end up causing disunity and hatred.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by cuteboy2: 7:14am On Jul 18
They should remove all those barricades, open the campus gates and go back to their stinking hostels to drink garri and endure the hardship like the rest of the zombies who afflicted us with these band of rogues in government.

Most of those students where at the forefront of rigging this government into power.

Elections have consequences. They still have at least 3 more years under ABAT to endure the pain. After him Shettima is eagerly awaiting his turn to loot.

And those students will still be deceived by ethnic scaremongering to rig him in.

Their brain never reset. Landing cost for petrol has just gone up to ₦1100 per litre. Transportation cost and food prices will soon shoot up again.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by cuteboy2: 7:17am On Jul 18
Can students from other regions go and organise protest at University or Ibadan and lock the campus gate, while the bulk of the students who are from Southwest are quietly going to classes or sleeping soundly in their hostels? Use your brain and reason.

premierlead:

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by CorrectionFLuid: 8:16am On Jul 18
Ballzproblem2:

Generalization no dey good.

It was actually in UI that Peter obi got the highest vote in Ibadan. People were making merry as votes were being counted. Shouting LP one, LP two. The videos made front page here.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by tarboshi(m): 9:31am On Jul 18
Power for only 10 hours in 24 hours in Nigeria's best public university is a BIG SHAME.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by GenFunction: 9:58am On Jul 18
MasterTeeUSA:
That was before it was revised. That is how I know you did not even study the loan requirement. Shiorr

https://nefl-public-assets.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/PUBLIC+GUIDELINES+FOR+APPLICANTS+FUND+UNDER+THE+STUDENTS+LOANS+ACT+2024.pdf

I care less if it was reviewed,like i said i am nt an undergraduate.what i read initially na crap,d usual 9ja,am pretty sure dis ur reviewed requirement too na stil CRAP.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by Osoboshi: 6:23pm On Jul 18
premierlead:

the mumu dey think na unizik or unn
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against 10-Hour Electricity, Tuition Hikes by meobizy(f): 11:44am On Jul 29
Protests are not new. University students do them all the time for one thing or the other.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: Anxiety As ASUU, FG Teams Meet Secretly / Where To Buy Or Purchase Nursing Form In Delta State Nigeria / 58 OAU Students Regain Freedom From EFCC Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.