Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,052 members, 7,960,347 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students (12118 Views)

South-East Institutions Missing As NELFUND Publishes Student Loan Disbursement / NELFUND: Varsity Students Celebrate, Stock Foodstuffs With ₦‎20,000 Loan / Finally! My Siblings NELFUND Loan Came Through (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by CommonSense1967: 7:01pm On Jul 17
K
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Adasun(m): 7:03pm On Jul 17
make them pay directly to us abeg, i don pay halve from my school fees already
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Thinktwicemybro: 7:03pm On Jul 17
See the old man claiming to be student. No student will benefit from this loan. It's just an avenue to loot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Goodvibes007: 7:07pm On Jul 17
If you like, go and dash your pastors and imams.

1 Like

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by davidluv(m): 7:07pm On Jul 17
VC don cash out 😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Sermwell(m): 7:11pm On Jul 17
LegendHero:

This cannot quell the protest we are doing in Abia. Otti the betrayer must pay living wage to the workers and not the 15k he is paying.

If Tulumbuuu like he should give student 1trillion, it won't stop us from demolishing Abia government house for betraying Abia workers.
Are you from Abia State or you're just fooling around as usual? cheesy
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Iddfx: 7:11pm On Jul 17
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Kingzjayzee: 7:12pm On Jul 17
Nonetheless, the date still remains August 1st- August 10th 😁
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Ikumapkayi: 7:13pm On Jul 17
GanagiBitrus:
grin

It is unfortunate we have youths like you who have been poorly educated and reacts to issues they know nothing about. The money will be paid directly to the school dumb head. And though you have an upkeep allowance, if you like spend it any how. You will pay for it in the future.

2 Likes

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by GanagiBitrus: 7:14pm On Jul 17
Ikumapkayi:

It is unfortunate we have youths like you who have been poorly educated and reacts to issues they know nothing about. The money will be paid directly to the school dumb head.
U r too serious with life.

1 Like

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by santaclaws: 7:15pm On Jul 17
givedemwotowoto:
When you see Bul@ba you’re seeing a former heroin trafficker, fake democrat, incompetent and highly corrupt politician, then you remember Funsho Williams.

ByTheWay how will these people pay back these loans? Priority should be given to people in STEM so as to discourage people from using it to study useless courses

A system should also be created to forgive these loans after 10 years of repayment in addition to working in the education or non-profit sector

Also, why are people being given checks directly? These funds should be sent directly to the University to cover tuition and other expenses, and the remainder (if any) can be transferred to the recipient’s bank accounts to cover personal expenses

It's this type of classist mentality that brought the country to where it is today... There are STEM students that won't pay back on time and there are Arts students that will pay back. This is a matter of their rights as Nigerian students, their course isn't anyone's concern!

2 Likes

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Finest2000: 7:19pm On Jul 17
See, Nigeria wey dey collect loan, still dey give loan
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Naughtyyking(m): 7:24pm On Jul 17
What were my good people of Abia expecting from someone that left PDP TO APGA THEN TO LP, without him the older governors wont have lotted the states money, den he turns to be the only saint, i been dey laugh those who went nacked to redicule PDP, omo dem go follow suffer, me i dey Abuja dey talk my own, i am a pure born Abian from umuopara in umuahia south LGA, that Inec officer madam OTTI wen dem dey praise were she dey?

1 Like

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by givedemwotowoto: 7:25pm On Jul 17
santaclaws:

It's this type of classist mentality that brought the country to where it is today... There are STEM students that won't pay back on time and there are Arts students that will pay back. This is a matter of their rights as Nigerian students, their course isn't anyone's concern!

Stop making false and useless blanket statements. Corruption brought the country where it is today.

I stand by what I said. I know not everyone will get the loan so based on scarcity of funds, the focus of these loans should be on STEM based education to discourage people from rushing into the university to study any available course.

Even when you go the bank to get a loan, they ask for details of your business to see if it’s a high loan default area of business, which affects your chances of getting a loan
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Roger3D(m): 7:25pm On Jul 17
It's all a ruse so the students won't join in the protests. Tinubu and his cronies are shit scared of what is to come
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Ikumapkayi: 7:33pm On Jul 17
GanagiBitrus:

U r too serious with life.

Don't be serious with your life. By the time you are over 54 years like me, you will realize life is seriously tied to time and season. Continue to play.
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by GanagiBitrus: 7:39pm On Jul 17
Ikumapkayi:

Don't be serious with your life. By the time you are over 54 years like me, you will realize life is seriously tied to time and season. Continue to play.
Isn't it the height of folly to judge someone you know entirely nothing about on a faceless forum.

1 Like

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by stagger: 7:44pm On Jul 17
I hope these students know that if they have an opportunity to japa based on getting a job abroad, they won't be allowed to travel until they have cleared their loans.
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by santaclaws: 7:49pm On Jul 17
givedemwotowoto:

Stop making false and useless blanket statements. Corruption brought the country where it is today.

I stand by what I said. I know not everyone will get the loan so based on scarcity of funds, the focus of these loans should be on STEM based education to discourage people from rushing into the university to study any available course.

Even when you go the bank to get a loan, they ask for details of your business to see if it’s a high loan default area of business, which affects your chances of getting a loan

You can stand by what you said, but it doesn't mean you made any sense... Telling the government that some should get lower priority is a form of poverty mentality because even the political class don't discriminate among each other. Did they tell you the country lacks enough funds for the student loan program?

Every student, studying ALL courses deserve equal access to anything that helps them study easily, your biased opinion doesn't count.

2 Likes

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by news247: 7:55pm On Jul 17
Shut you mouth up.

Tjra:

Even me... I dey Agulu right now.

We can no longer be deceived into protesting and destroying properties in Yoruba land.

Nnamdi Kanu deceived our people in 2020. It can never happen again.

It's time to hold our governors in Alaigbo accountable.
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Krankhead: 7:59pm On Jul 17
eduli:
Who has gotten his own
Did you apply. If you don't apply. Just don't comment
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Olabode211: 7:59pm On Jul 17
Make i use student loan do pilgrimage maybe ALLAH go answer our prayer.

1 Like

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Krankhead: 8:00pm On Jul 17
givedemwotowoto:
When you see Bul@ba you’re seeing a former heroin trafficker, fake democrat, incompetent and highly corrupt politician, then you remember Funsho Williams.

ByTheWay how will these people pay back these loans? Priority should be given to people in STEM so as to discourage people from using it to study useless courses

A system should also be created to forgive these loans after 10 years of repayment in addition to working in the education or non-profit sector

Also, why are people being given checks directly? These funds should be sent directly to the University to cover tuition and other expenses, and the remainder (if any) can be transferred to the recipient’s bank accounts to cover personal expenses
Sorry for your Loss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by DLifeless1: 8:06pm On Jul 17
You guys are too quick to conclude, how sure are you this is real, no be this people hire fake bishops and recently cloned UAE website for propaganda?

Una too dey para for propaganda, nawa...
This propaganda go burst soon, just wait and see.
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by givedemwotowoto: 8:08pm On Jul 17
santaclaws:

You can stand by what you said, but it doesn't mean you made any sense... Telling the government that some should get lower priority is a form of poverty mentality because even the political class don't discriminate among each other. Did they tell you the country lacks enough funds for the student loan program?

Every student, studying ALL courses deserve equal access to anything that helps them study easily, your biased opinion doesn't count.

I can see how your entitlement mentality is getting the best part of you.

If my point doesn’t count why are you responding to it? Are you that jobless?

Access to student loans is a privilege and if you meet the requirements, you’ll get access. Not everyone will.

And since you don’t know whether they have enough money for everyone or not, why are you arguing with me? Nigeria is a poor country. If funds are limited which is likely the case, and which is the basis of my post, then it should be prioritized based on certain criteria

Governments and individuals all over the world give incentives and scholarships to STEM based courses so yes it could be a requirement based on availability of funds

If funds are unlimited then yes it should be available to everyone.
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by DLifeless1: 8:11pm On Jul 17
santaclaws:

As the country is Now, be frank with all truthfulness, is their any hope that any of these people who will graduate will get a job to pay back?

Instead of me to ever allow my kids to take this loan, I will cry and plead with that my kid to go and learn mechanic or shoe making, you know Nigeria is a scam under tinubu.

Remember, I told You to be frank and honest.
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by givedemwotowoto: 8:11pm On Jul 17
Krankhead:
Sorry for your Loss

I know you wake up from bed crying every morning about the terrible choice you made during the elections. I understand your pain
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by Dada4me: 8:14pm On Jul 17
All these to douse tension that could lead to protests.... Audio loan
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by phemray(m): 8:25pm On Jul 17
LegendHero:

This cannot quell the protest we are doing in Abia. Otti the betrayer must pay living wage to the workers and not the 15k he is paying.

If Tulumbuuu like he should give student 1trillion, it won't stop us from demolishing Abia government house for betraying Abia workers.

Lolz, contractors that will rebuild them will be happy now. It's funny that people take actions that comes with negative results. sha, River government demolished assembly and now rebuilding it and same youth shouting curruption everywhere.
Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by phemray(m): 8:29pm On Jul 17
givedemwotowoto:

That check was given to the university as we can see. It covers the beneficiaries in that school.

1 Like

Re: NELFUND Begins Disbursement Of Loans To Students by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:32pm On Jul 17
Why does she first pix look like meme of tinubu?

The most unfortunate president to ever rule the country, followed by Buhari...

Na Ogun go kill u for this fraudulent pix and false presentation of cheques...

Where are the students?

This man dey craze ni?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can A-levels Be Done In Nigeria? / Need Some Information On Caritas University Enugu / Admission Into MED Schools In Nigeria - What You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.