Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,202 members, 7,963,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:31 PM

Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years (36650 Views)

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo / FG To Review Wages, Allowances For Governors, Others / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:32pm On Jul 18
Let me educate you for free. 70k is not the take home salary. All those allowances like leave, transport, housing, feeding, health etc will still be added to the above agreed amount for those government agencies apart from the government parastatals who are on consolidated salary. Though I don't know how they work those allowances but from reliable source they earn more the officially announced minimum wage in the public domain.
mrvitalis:
FG and Tinubu government should please tell us how a human can survive with 70k in a month in Nigeria

A federal worker please break it down

House rent

Transportation to work

Feeding

Health

Entertainment

Please I want to see it

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by Jevica: 10:03pm On Jul 18
That’s $47 a month
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by mediclife1987(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18
olatade:
This is still not a living wage but congratulations to everyone involved.

Just hope the governors will pay.

When will the FG sef start paying?
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by Okoroawusa: 10:17pm On Jul 18
After going through this thread I just realized that many Nigerians think that minimum wage is the amount you pay all the workers in the civil service every month.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by commoditiesnig: 10:32pm On Jul 18
Its good all parties agreed. Congrats to the workers
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by commoditiesnig: 10:34pm On Jul 18
Okoroawusa:
After going through this thread I just realized that many Nigerians think that minimum wage is the amount you pay all the workers in the civil service every month.
Lol i tell you.. Lots of ignorant folks on social media and they just post with so much confidence Lol.

Someone needs to educate them on what Minimum wage truly means

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by Mandem05: 1:39am On Jul 19
DMerciful:
The protest must go on!
Which protest are you referring to? Na only Kenyan people dey protest. We na siddon look be our motto.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by DMerciful(m): 1:43am On Jul 19
The momentum is building. July 29th
Mandem05:

Which protest are you referring to? Na only Kenyan people dey protest. We na siddon look be our motto.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by Sapasenator: 1:47am On Jul 19
N70k is not bad. Kudos to labour union. I will go share this good news with my two wives.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by tuzle(m): 8:47am On Jul 19
Dotherightthing:
Nice!!!

Piiiiiggs are already grunting angry Bunch of pathetic sore losers!!! angry

When a bag of rice was 7k, how many people bought it
ur last statement is kind of funny. My sister spends more than 200k on feeding every month and yet foodstuffs finishes before end of the month. It wasn't the same 2years ago.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage, To Review Wages Every Three Years by NoChill: 11:13am On Jul 19
LegendHero:

Oh if it’s against Otti, it’s propaganda.

Against Tinubu, it’s patriotism.

You are very intelligent and Otti will be proud of you.
How are you able to see through Otti's veil of deception. I thought that his Media power is enough to create the smoke cloud he needs to quickly fool the state and elope with whatever he can lay his hands on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2019: Ambode May Withdraw From Governorship Race / Buhari Shakes Kogi As Mammoth Crowd Welcome Him For Campaign -Vanguard / Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.