Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,024 members, 7,963,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 10:05 AM

"This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti (51041 Views)

''This is not a nightclub': Akpabio Apologises To Natasha Akpoti (video) / Natasha Akpoti Declares For Kogi Governorship Race / Natasha Akpoti Involved In Accident On Lokoja-Abuja Road. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by bdon12: 8:56am On Jul 19
dre11:
Senate President Godswill Akpabio, on Thursday, told the Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, that the Senate chamber was not a night club, therefore, she…

https://dailytrust.com/this-is-not-a-nightclub-akpabio-cautions-female-senator/#google_vignette
Wrong choice of words frm Akpabio.U mean becos shes beautiful she na niteclub material abi
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by TopBanter: 8:59am On Jul 19
CaptainFM1:

There's no one in APC that has good words in his mouth!

Yes Akpabio's utterances is uncalled for and ungracious. Perhaps even demeaning to Senator Akpoti. Yet you should not use that to demonize the APC or Presidency of Tinubu .

Akpabio must do better with his utterances but more important, regardless of his flaws, is his retention as SP so that some of the required legistlations that can transform Nigeria for the better can go from sponsored bill to ratified Nigerian laws.

God forbid someone like Lawan in place of Akpabio.
Lawan may be more circumspect in speech than Akpabio yet he was about preventing everything that can facililitate Nigeria's development while abetting those who want us to remain like Somalia and Afghanistan.

Forget the smiles of our legislators when they are together. Beyond the show of public cameraderie for the camera, they all know what they are in our legislative houses for.

I.e gatekeepers for their sectional/regional and ethnic interests which is number 1 above everything else. Those who are there to protect interests that keep Nigeria backwards will still do their jobs unless they can be subjugated by those who are progressives and want best for Nigeria.

That is what should matter most when judging Akpabio. If Yari had defeated Akpabio to be SP then nothing for the realisation of progressive ideals and initiatives.

2 Likes

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by jayce232: 9:01am On Jul 19
cococandy:

He wouldn’t say that to a man.
These are examples of misogyny that we talk about but people wanna be daft and say we love being victims
The bold is not true. A man wouldn't make any difference. This got nothing to do with misogyny. The only reason the senate president won't say such to any member is if u are one of his cronies, be it man or woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by WINDSOW(m): 9:05am On Jul 19
helinues:
That was reckless from the Senate president.

Infact, personal tones was attached
And she managed it beautifully. I expect her to hit him big at any other session, if he publicly goofed. Let's wait & see.

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:05am On Jul 19
Na person wen dey go night club..... dey know...

This man is unprofessional when it comes to Senate matters.. motor park fit am ooo...!!
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by jayce232: 9:07am On Jul 19
aylipple:
Only a misogynist like SP Akpabio could've made & gotten away with that statement. Even more appalling is the fact that fellow female Senators present in the chamber (although very few in number) couldn't stand up in defence of their colleague.
If a male Senator had made the same oversight Senator Natasha made, he wouldn't have brought "night club" into the conversation.
What are u saying?
Nightclub is not a vulgar or despicable word. The woman even realized her mistake & apologized. Why are u making it seem like the senate president used some swear words on her?

2 Likes

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by jayce232: 9:09am On Jul 19
WINDSOW:

And she managed it beautifully. I expect her to hit him big at any other session, if he publicly goofed. Let's wait & see.
Hit him big because of correcting her?
You guys are blowing this out of proportion. Nightclub is not a vulgar or despicable word.

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by TopBanter: 9:11am On Jul 19
bdon12:

Wrong choice of words frm Akpabio.U mean becos shes beautiful she na niteclub material abi

Yes his words shows compromised and/or unrefined thinking. Sad really.

I remember seeing a video when the house was taking about drug abuse by Nigerian youths and Akpabio stated that he is aware of Nigerian youths going to sniff septic tanks and soakaway to get high 😳😲

I was thinking What da fck? Yet I know he is there for a purpose far bigger than his occasional gaffes. Same as the more quiet and circumspect Lawan helped Buhari pull off a lot that is now haunting Nigeria seriously. If you know you know.

2 Likes

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by jayce232: 9:12am On Jul 19
spiceadole:

He definitely wouldn't have responded to a male senator in that manner.

So,I'm totally right

Or do Nigerian men have regards for women?
Yes @bold
You are wrong for thinking that way, he only corrected her & the woman even realized her mistake & apologized.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by CaptainFM1: 9:17am On Jul 19
TopBanter:

Yes Akpabio's utterances is uncalled for and ungracious. Perhaps even demeaning to Senator Akpoti. Yet you should not use that to demonize the APC or Presidency of Tinubu .

Akpabio must do better with his utterances but more important, regardless of his flaws, is his retention as SP so that some of the required legistlations that can transform Nigeria for the better can go from sponsored bill to ratified Nigerian laws.

God forbid someone like Lawan in place of Akpabio.
Lawan may be more circumspect in speech than Akpabio yet he was about preventing everything that can facililitate Nigeria's development while abetting those who want us to remain like Somalia and Afghanistan.

Forget the smiles of our legislators when they are together. Beyond the show of public cameraderie for the camera, they all know what they are in our legislative houses for.

I.e gatekeepers for their sectional/regional and ethnic interests which is number 1 above everything else. Those who are there to protect interests that keep Nigeria backwards will still do their jobs unless they can be subjugated by those who are progressives and want best for Nigeria.

That is what should matter most when judging Akpabio. If Yari had defeated Akpabio to be SP then nothing for the realisation of progressive ideals and initiatives.

You have have time to be comparing Apples with oranges. I only deal with whoever is presently at the helm of affairs. Government is continuun, and the whole buck lies at the desk of whomever is currently entrusted with the responsibilities of governance. Past is past!
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by moh1(m): 9:18am On Jul 19
These the guy actually deserve that seat of a senate president. anyway this is Nigeria were the leaders dash it people corruption and we celebrate them in return. LET THE SYSTEM WORK JUST LIKE OTHER COUNTRIES. we don't want leaders but we need system that works.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by TopBanter: 9:20am On Jul 19
jayce232:

What are u saying?
Nightclub is not a vulgar or despicable word. The woman even realized her mistake & apologized. Why are u making it seem like the senate president used some swear words on her?

It is in context to where it was was used in this case. I.e an NASS session like, for example,UK's parliamentary seating.

Akpabio should have instructed her to recognize where she is and make efforts to follow the recognised decorum of the red chamber always.

He just sounded authoritarian and out of touch with his nightclub reference.

The truth is that Akpabio has a history of inappropriate talk. He is not sophisticated. That’s the bottom line and you cannot suddenly gain that at his age.

He simply has to be managed as long as he is dispatching his main duty correctly which is to guide the conduct of the Senate progressively and productively to the glory of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by AntiChristian: 9:23am On Jul 19
adedayoa2:
I bet those commenting didn't read to the end. She actually apologized cuz she knew she should have introduced herself.

Many are clouded with bias. It's her first time i think so it's expected for her to learn gradually.
Protocols must be follow or else it's a nightclub where anything goes!

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by AntiChristian: 9:25am On Jul 19
blowjohn:

Exactly my thoughts.

It's just like saying' this is not a beer palour'
Anything goes in a beer palour.

Just because we don't like someone or a political party shouldn't mean we should criticize them on just everything they say!

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by pocom16: 9:28am On Jul 19
Kei144:
Why should Victor Umeh, Oshiomole and others oppose the bill on regulating the road transport industry and the transport profession? These are people whu have not lived in other countries with well regulated public road transport system. FRSC and VIO only deal with condition of road vehicles. What about registration and control of road transporters behaviour, including agberos?

Then they should expand the duties of VIO and FRSC...not creating multiple useless agencies
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by moh1(m): 9:32am On Jul 19
Honestly people with too much money need not to occupy political seat in a country. the SP have the money plus power, what do u think he will do with it. so he can insult any one and goes free just like wike, Trump e.t.c the boldness they have is the power and the money they have at there disposal. LEADERS SHOULD ALLOW THE SYSTEM TO WORK, YOU GUYS WILL NOT BE THERE FOREVER BUT A GOOD SYSTEM WILL REMAIN FOR DECAYS TO COME.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by highchief1: 9:32am On Jul 19
Sapasenator:

Akwa Ibom people way be that. Their mouth too sharp. The main abuse we I collect for Uyo no be for here.
lol that choice of words Dey poor .why tell a senator that this place is not a night club.if natasha stubborn she go demand apology from the man o.na big insult

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by SaLongs1(m): 9:33am On Jul 19
helinues:

That's why we have been advising some of you to stop the bitter politics, bitter supporting so that you can be having fair judgement about issue not always using fixated mindset
This is very rich coming from you.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by TopBanter: 9:34am On Jul 19
CaptainFM1:

You have have time to be comparing Apples with oranges. I only deal with whoever is presently at the helm of affairs. Government is continuun, and the whole buck lies at the desk of whomever is currently entrusted with the responsibilities of governance. Past is past!

I don't understand your point or whether you even have one. Contextual example made with Yari is not the essence of my post. Far from it.

My main and simple point is that Akpabio should remain in his position if he is not failing Nigeria in regards to his core duty of leading the house progressively and productively. Scolding Akpoti inappropriately does not damn Akpabio a poor or innefective SP.

Nigerians, if progressive, should focus more on the bills being ratified into law under him plus progressive assistance given to the executive arm.

The legislative arm of Government for any Country practising our type of democracy, eg the USA, is a glorified meat market for lobbyist and interest groups to get bills ratified into the law that abets their own interests and agenda. Lobbyist in the US even get paid stupendous amount of money for this purpose.

To me, that is what Akpabio should bring progressive influence to bear on because Nigerian leaders love hiding behind the law.

It is the reason those who manage to smuggle regressive legislation in place, like the ludicrous 1999 constitution, defend it blindly today and will do so forever unless defeated.

Akpabio is there to aid the progressives delivery of transformational laws others have fought to keep out since 1999. That is a fact.

Saying Yari would have been the opposite is not all you should note if you understand the entire message.

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by nwirinedu(m): 9:37am On Jul 19
Very unfortunate, he should have been more mature in correcting her about the procedure for making contributions without referring to night clubs. As if he doesnt goto nightclub.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by WINDSOW(m): 9:45am On Jul 19
jayce232:

Hit him big because of correcting her?
You guys are blowing this out of proportion. Nightclub is not a vulgar or despicable word.
You do not understand words.
Akpabio described her attitude as such found among nightclubbers. He could have used a subtle element to correct her instead of personifying her with a 'nightclub'.
Only if you grew up in Southwest or lived with an aged parent.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by CaptainFM1: 10:01am On Jul 19
TopBanter:

I don't understand your point or whether you even have one. Contextual example made with Yari is not the essence of my post. Far from it.

My main and simple point is that Akpabio should remain in his position if he is not failing Nigeria in regards to his core duty of leading the house progressively and productively. Scolding Akpoti inappropriately does not damn Akpabio a poor or innefective SP.

Nigerians, if progressive, should focus more on the bills being ratified into law under him plus progressive assistance given to the executive arm.

The legislative arm of Government for any Country practising our type of democracy, eg the USA, is a glorified meat market for lobbyist and interest groups to get bills ratified into the law that abets their own interests and agenda. Lobbyist in the US even get paid stupendous amount of money for this purpose.

To me, that is what Akpabio should bring progressive influence to bear on because Nigerian leaders love hiding behind the law.

It is the reason those who manage to smuggle regressive legislation in place, like the ludicrous 1999 constitution, defend it blindly today and will do so forever unless defeated.

Akpabio is there to aid the progressives delivery of transformational laws others have fought to keep out since 1999. That is a fact.

Saying Yari would have been the opposite is not all you should note if you understand the entire message.

SMHFU!
I'll leave you with your point(s). Continue with your comparisons. Do you see me mentioning Yarrri, AkPabLo, and others?
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by Emekaonline: 10:02am On Jul 19
RighteousDemon:
When you glorify bunch of mentally deficient retar.ds with the title of senators you get nothing but retrogressive ideas and projects.
Akpabio being so daft, couldn’t come up with better choice of words to chastise the senator.

Goes to show you the combination of minds at the helms of affairs in this country. People with poor thinking caps.

Only members of dotians family dont know that even a civilised society that they all crave to have, there is decorum. In Britain, the PM could not just stand up to talk without being granted the permission by the Speaker. But I know many of you have never left your village or market to know what is right from what is wrong.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by samuelson06(m): 10:08am On Jul 19
helinues:

Oya, between Apkabio's statement and your attacks on my comments, which do you think worst pass?

When would some of you start to be sensitive about issue?

You are a very terrible human being. You always see people as attacking your comment but you like talking nonsense all the time. If someone tries to correct you, they're attacking your comment. As if you are the owner of this forum. It's a matter of time, you'll reap what you sow.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by jayce232: 10:08am On Jul 19
WINDSOW:

Akpabio described her attitude as such found among nightclubbers. He could have used a subtle element to correct her instead of personifying her with a 'nightclub'.
Nightclub is just like a beer parlour, where anything goes. Nightclubbers don't follow protocol, they do as they like. That was what apkabio meant.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by Gandrova: 10:09am On Jul 19
When you have dumb Asss as Senate President, he would vomit anything that comes to his mouth without thinking.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by jayce232: 10:14am On Jul 19
TopBanter:

It is in context to where it was was used in this case. I.e an NASS session like, for example,UK's parliamentary seating.

Akpabio should have instructed her to recognize where she is and make efforts to follow the recognised decorum of the red chamber always.

He just sounded authoritarian and out of touch with his nightclub reference.

The truth is that Akpabio has a history of inappropriate talk. He is not sophisticated. That’s the bottom line and you cannot suddenly gain that at his age.

He simply has to be managed as long as he is dispatching his main duty correctly which is to guide the conduct of the Senate progressively and productively to the glory of Nigeria.
He sounded authoritarian because he is the senate president! What are u saying? Is it because he was talking to a female? How were u expecting him to sound? A senate president is the leader of the house & have authority over every member during plenary. He has the right to caution & correct any member so far he is not using any swear word on them. Nightclub is just like a beer parlour where anything goes, there are no rules, that's the point akpabio was trying to make & u guys are blowing it out of proportion. If he had said this to male senator, u guys wouldn't be saying this.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by TopBanter: 10:35am On Jul 19
WINDSOW:

I agree with this point. His utterances could be pounced upon and spun in a lot of negative ways.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

22 Soldiers Declared Wanted By Army For Running From Boko Haram / PDP Installs Digital Billboard To Broadcast Oshiomhole’s Attestation On Obaseki / IPOB Sit At Home Protest, 2018: Live Updates

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.