Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,024 members, 7,963,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 10:04 AM

"This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti (51041 Views)

''This is not a nightclub': Akpabio Apologises To Natasha Akpoti (video) / Natasha Akpoti Declares For Kogi Governorship Race / Natasha Akpoti Involved In Accident On Lokoja-Abuja Road. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by sukar886: 10:38am On Jul 19
Akpabio dosent sound matutured as a senate president
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by TopBanter: 10:42am On Jul 19
jayce232:

He sounded authoritarian because he is the senate president! What are u saying? Is it because he was talking to a female? How were u expecting him to sound? A senate president is the leader of the house & have authority over every member during plenary. He has the right to caution & correct any member so far he is not using any swear word on them. Nightclub is just like a beer parlour where anything goes, there are no rules, that's the point akpabio was trying to make & u guys are blowing it out of proportion. If he had said this to male senator, u guys wouldn't be saying this.

Read my posts in this thread . I make it clear, in most, I am in support of Akpabio as senate President. Yet the truth is that the man is needlessly rash and unsophisticated with his utterances generally.

For example, If Nigeria has strong and powerful feminist voices, rather than the reality of Nigerian women being subservient to men to perhaps even include Akpoti herself, Akpabio would be dragged for his"sexist" suggestion that every perceived wrongdoing of women in the NASS stems from his belief they belong in nightclubs and therefore not equal to male senators.

Remember Buhari been dragged internationally for suggesting Aisha belongs in "the other room"? Innocous statement to those from where Buhari hails from but not so easy to accept internationally where values and orientations are different.

Akpabio lacks sophistication. It is a shame. He should be more circumspect and wise with his talk.

2 Likes

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by Lovit(m): 10:42am On Jul 19
Tinubu cooking a ministry for MC Oluomo

e go soon done

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by TopBanter: 10:47am On Jul 19
CaptainFM1:

SMHFU!
I'll leave you with your point(s). Continue with your comparisons. Do you see me mentioning Yarrri, AkPabLo, and others?

Lol. Okay. You did not mention Yari. Go ahead and clarify the comparison you're talking of.

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by Thoceen: 10:55am On Jul 19
Very unfortunate!
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by zoomzoom(m): 11:01am On Jul 19
[quote author=helinues post=131030100]That was reckless from the Senate president.

Infact, personal tones was attached.
This is the choice of words of a moronic imp who is unfortunately the 3rd man in Nigeria.
He is a SEXIST and sees NATASHA like one of those CLUB GIRLS who should be priced for their SERVICES and has no place where SERIOUS BUSINESS is being discussed.
Akpabio is a DEPRAVED MISOGYNIST.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by zoomzoom(m): 11:11am On Jul 19
[quote author=TopBanter post=131034584]

Read my posts in this thread . I make it clear, in most, I am in support of Akpabio as senate President. Yet the truth is that the man is needlessly rash and unsophisticated with his utterances generally.

For example, If Nigeria has strong and powerful feminist voices, rather than the reality of Nigerian women being subservient to men to perhaps even include Akpoti herself, Akpabio would be dragged for his"sexist" suggestion that every perceived wrongdoing of women in the NASS stems from his belief they belong in nightclubs and therefore not equal to male senators.

Remember Buhari been dragged internationally for suggesting Aisha belongs in "the other room"? Innocous statement to those from where Buhari hails from but not so easy to accept internationally where values and orientations are different.

Akpabio lacks sophistication. It is a shame. He should be more circumspect and wise with his talk.

Don't mind that uncultured misogynist with his brutish personality.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by Energist: 11:15am On Jul 19
ceejayluv:

It Will only end up being an added revenue mobilisation agency. We're in Nigeria. They can empower the current ministry of transportation, FRSC, vio,etc to carry out the functions stated above.

I agree to an extent. Your fear is valid, but it can be addressed within the bill. The bill might propose to merge those agencies currently involved in some form of regulation in the road transport sector. Their scope of responsibilities will be widened without exerting huge burden on the populace.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by 247man: 11:22am On Jul 19
Sexist comment by akpabio

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by IdeasYapayaski: 11:23am On Jul 19
Badassniggga:
Wetin Akpabio dey yarn self? Wetin bring nightclub enter the salient issues raised by the woman?

Because she got up and spoke without the permission of the Senate President! And that was why she apologized! Simple as ABC! South east is filled with too much hatred! And it is worrisome!
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by IdeasYapayaski: 11:25am On Jul 19
RighteousDemon:
When you glorify bunch of mentally deficient retar.ds with the title of senators you get nothing but retrogressive ideas and projects.
Akpabio being so daft, couldn’t come up with better choice of words to chastise the senator.

Goes to show you the combination of minds at the helms of affairs in this country. People with poor thinking caps.

For heaven sake! She got up and spoke without the permission of the Senate President! And that was why she apologized! Simple as ABC! South east is filled with too much hatred! And it is worrisome!

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by ITbomb(m): 11:26am On Jul 19
Does this even deserve to be on the news?
It happen every time and the distinguished Senator understood that she was called to order and apologised immediately, session continued.

What is there? Must you be bent on sensational headline to smear someone you don't like?
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by lereinter(m): 11:42am On Jul 19
Sexist comment from a old man
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by TopBanter: 11:45am On Jul 19
IdeasYapayaski:

For heaven sake! She got up and spoke without the permission of the Senate President! And that was why she apologized! Simple as ABC! South east is filled with too much hatred! And it is worrisome!

Indeed. Akpabio's choice of word may be unwise but you will find it will mainly be our brethren from the SE who will cross over to the extreme end to be demanding Akpabio's removal.

To me, Akpabio may have his flaws but if he helps Nigeria to defeat the retrogressive forces that have kept us underdeveloped and backwards for decades now, as the current president is pursuing, then he will have written his name in gold in the annals of Nigerian history.

Till today, nobody can forget Awolowo"s free education yet you'd struggle to remember the definitive achievements of many leaders after him.

2 Likes

Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by Afamed: 1:33pm On Jul 19
helinues:
That was reckless from the Senate president.

Infact, personal tones was attached

You said it all.
The choice of the words is somehow not too good
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by adeniyi65(m): 2:24pm On Jul 19
dre11:
Senate President Godswill Akpabio, on Thursday, told the Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, that the Senate chamber was not a night club, therefore, she…

https://dailytrust.com/this-is-not-a-nightclub-akpabio-cautions-female-senator/#google_vignette

Somebody should educate me pls. If a bill is rejected. Can it be reintroduce by another representative/senator after some period of time?
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by OChimex: 3:14pm On Jul 19
RighteousDemon:
When you glorify bunch of mentally deficient retar.ds with the title of senators you get nothing but retrogressive ideas and projects.
Akpabio being so daft, couldn’t come up with better choice of words to chastise the senator.

Goes to show you the combination of minds at the helms of affairs in this country. People with poor thinking caps.

You said it right dude. The way things are done in Nigeria and the way an average Nigerian thinks will make you depressed. Leave Nigeria for your sanity.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by ViceGovernor: 3:20pm On Jul 19
helinues:
That was reckless from the Senate president.

Infact, personal tones was attached
Men tend to dislike any woman that rejects their advances.

Our SP fit don toast beautiful ebira woman and she no gree for am. Abi how you see am
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by aylipple: 3:22pm On Jul 19
jayce232:

What are u saying?
Nightclub is not a vulgar or despicable word. The woman even realized her mistake & apologized. Why are u making it seem like the senate president used some swear words on her?

She apologized for speaking without been permitted to do so: I imagine you're married and during staff meeting your wife says something out of turn then her supervisor reminds her that she's not in a night club. If you were privileged to be at that meeting, pray, tell, will you smile about such a rebuke & give that her supervisor a pat on the back or ask yourself how did night club suddenly join the conversation?

You know? Don't even bother responding.

There's a reason why Akpabio makes news headlines as SP for the wrong reasons and it's not solely because he's an unapologetic stooge of the President, it's due to his unbridled tongue.
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by Firefly2017(f): 4:56pm On Jul 19
What a crude and uncut comment from a sexist, chauvinist senate president. This has got to be the worst senate president in the history of Nigeria. My apologies on his behalf as I'm an akwaibomite.
This relentless attack on female politicians will not be tolerated, I repeat it will not be tolerated if this is not stopped immediately.!!!
Re: "This Is Not A Nightclub", Akpabio Cautions Natasha Akpoti by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19
This akpabio always come across as an imbecíle to me...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

22 Soldiers Declared Wanted By Army For Running From Boko Haram / PDP Installs Digital Billboard To Broadcast Oshiomhole’s Attestation On Obaseki / IPOB Sit At Home Protest, 2018: Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.