Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,636 members, 7,962,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 08:59 PM

Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height (21877 Views)

Niger Ex-finance Minister Cries After Told To Explain Missing Funds Or Die / British Soldiers Told To Get Ready For War Against Russia, Warn Loved Ones (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by AfeezShomorin(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19
Ballzproblem2:

Did you fail to read where she took the journalist to court ,which is the appropriate measure for defamation, instead of using police to intimidate.

una love to defend una oppressors, continue no find way japa.

Who has time to be going around in court rooms?

If I were the Prime Minister or President and you write nonsense about me I will use police to treat your fùck up.

Person wey no get home training from house wey go teach am outside!
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by maasoap(m): 8:24pm On Jul 19
Lezzlie:
It is what it is.

Italy as conservative as they are by Western standards had the grace to seek civil redress.

Your government enacted cyber bullying law to punish and imprison people who expressed this exact type sentiments.

If you call it inferiorly complex, your education is half completed and you're hiding behind self-deceit.

You can't lack honesty and sense at the same time except there will be nothing to give your children as legacy

Cristal clear hypocrisy and asslicking is what it is grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by Lezzlie(m): 8:27pm On Jul 19
maasoap:

Cristal clear hypocrisy and asslicking is what it is grin grin grin

don't hide behind generic cliché, son. Be original and not some idiot on the internet

What's hypocritic in criticising oneself? You can't be this stupid and dumb and at same time desperately trying to sound smart.

Go call the president of Nigeria short man and you're a known figure if DSS won't come after you and arrest you without due process
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by Afonja007: 8:35pm On Jul 19
raskymonojendor:

Two face Hypocrites...

Ordinary "tweet mocking height" is what the Italian PM took a journalist to court to, but you guys would curse and insult Nigerian politicians and the justices day and night. You would threaten them with violence, and they don't even take you to court.

When Erisco took that foolish Chioma to court, and Toyin Abraham did same, you headless mob were still the same people that said the rich were oppressing the poor. When the judges rule in favour of the prosecutor, you lots would still say the judges were bribed.
Italian prime minister to took ordinary journalist to court in nigeria dss will kidnap the person like I said, is not in nigeria tinubu attended a secondary school in 1970 while the school was built in 1974 ?in country with law and order can tinubu even contest for a counsellor ship?
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by Shattuck(m): 9:03pm On Jul 19
Goodvibes007:
If this was Nigeria and the government does same, some 🤡s would have been screaming saner climes with the 8 years old girl voice.
if this is implemented in Nigeria obi should definitely be among the richest men but Ronu miscreants are poverty stricken I doubt if they would be able to afford ordinary 2k fine.
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by Shattuck(m): 9:07pm On Jul 19
Tjra:
If dem implement this law for Naija, Tinubu and Soyinka go surely be the richest men in the world.
obi should be among the richest also but Ronu miscreants are as poor as a church rat, so obi definitely won't be among the richest, but tinubu would definitely makes the list, his looted govt funds, Would definitely would assist him to make the list.
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by specialmati(m): 9:45pm On Jul 19
anonymous1759:
If BAT or Minister of justice starts arresting those Election losers calling him “drug lord”
They’ll tell you Democracy is in danger ⛔️ those bitter people will avoid threads like this .
In their fufu skull online bullying is a good testament of democracy.
grin grin grin grin grin grin you are highly welcome

Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by 7upnigeria: 9:46pm On Jul 19
Ballzproblem2:

Did you fail to read where she took the journalist to court ,which is the appropriate measure for defamation, instead of using police to intimidate.

Since Igbos came into Yorubaland, respect for elders has been evaporating gradually. But if any journalist try that rubbish with anybody that I like and i locate am, I will let him understand there are RED LINES you dont cross with SOME NIGERIANS. Go to Kano and insult prophet Mohammed beside a mosque or in a market, you'll understand what I mean better, NO POLICE will dare come close when the problem starts.
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by PHAYOL81: 10:20pm On Jul 19
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by Tjra: 4:03am On Jul 20
Shattuck:
obi should be among the richest also but Ronu miscreants are as poor as a church rat, so obi definitely won't be among the richest, but tinubu would definitely makes the list, his looted govt funds, Would definitely would assist him to make the list.
Obi is rich already. He was a former NPA chairman. He worked closely with Abacha, an equally corrupt man whose loots is still being returned to Nigeria decades later.
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by Quintessence44: 4:27am On Jul 20
Ballzproblem2:

Liar. Even if the president went to court, you would accuse him of influencing/bribing the judges, if they rule against the journalist.
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by Believeintruth: 4:29am On Jul 20
FreeStuffsNG:
Cortese responded with further tweets including one that translates as “you don’t scare me, Giorgia Meloni. After all, you’re only 1.2 meters (4 feet) tall. I can’t even see you.”

Nonsense journalist bullying the Italian PM. The journalist should have been served more than fine sef. Journalist isonu.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

But this is what you people do with tribal attacks on igbos and other insults. Now you see how the consequences are. No be everything be cruise freedom of speech comes with responsibility for the consequences.
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by Believeintruth: 4:30am On Jul 20
tobenuel:
People have been mocking Tinubu for here o

All nairalanders dog whistling against a tribe and region take note.
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by Believeintruth: 4:31am On Jul 20
Goodvibes007:

100%

Straight Gay or whatever you call yourself. I don't take people that fuk arses like yourself serious.

If Peter Obi decides to sue you for defamation of character against his son, will you survive. You guys should know that freedom of speech comes with responsibility for the consequences of it.
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by benjanny(m): 7:41am On Jul 20
That's nice
they have to be fine for unprofessional tweer
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by BALLOSKI: 11:21am On Jul 20
Funny journalist. 😂

She should attack her policy and not her person.

The PM should have ignored her though.
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by maasoap(m): 12:56pm On Jul 20
Lezzlie:

don't hide behind generic cliché, son. Be original and not some idiot on the internet

What's hypocritic in criticising oneself? You can't be this stupid and dumb and at same time desperately trying to sound smart.

Go call the president of Nigeria short man and you're a known figure if DSS won't come after you and arrest you without due process

I might the same age with your dad, no hyping
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by Lezzlie(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20
maasoap:

I might the same age with your dad, no hyping
no hyping? So you're a teenager in an old man's body

When did your cognitive mutation begin?
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by JagabanB: 1:14pm On Jul 20
DesChyko:

The journalist literally said the same thing or you read only the headlines? 🤷🏾‍♂️
Do understand my statement or the comment I replied at all?
Re: Journalist Told To Pay Italian PM $5,400 For Tweet Mocking Her Height by meobizy(f): 7:25am On Jul 29
I encourage this. They should catch distributors of fake news while at it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Republic Mourns 137 Victims After Deadliest Attack In Recent Memory / Meet Kate Middleton's Royal Baby Number Three (photos) / President Mnangagwa Fires Joram Gumbo Over Power Outage For 8 Hrs Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.