Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,235 members, 7,936,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:52 PM

Apapa Customs Intercepts Shipment Of Cutlass From China, Other Items Worth N292m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Apapa Customs Intercepts Shipment Of Cutlass From China, Other Items Worth N292m (535 Views)

Chidinma Ojukwu: Fake Drivers’ License, Intl Passport, Other Items Recovered / Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos / Border Closure: Customs Intercepts Rice Smugglers In A Bush (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apapa Customs Intercepts Shipment Of Cutlass From China, Other Items Worth N292m by emma2002(m): 9:20am On Jul 21
Customs Area Controller, Apapa Command, Babatunde Olomu (3rd from left)

The Apapa Command of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), has intercepted seven containers of contrabands including cutlass, expired drugs and some frozen chicken among others.

Parading the contrabands at the Apapa Port complex today (Friday), the Customs Area Controller, Apapa Command, Babatunde Olomu, said the items were worth about N292.2 million.

Olomu said “this type of importation is against schedule 3 of the revised import prohibition list of the Common External Tariff (CET) and violates section 233 of the Nigeria Customs Service Act 2023”.

He said: “On Thursday, 17 July 2024, the command seized 2x40ft containers carrying 12,000 pieces of cutlass and machete; 2x40ft carrying 4,129 packages of frozen chicken; 1x40ft container carrying 368 jumbo bales of used second hand clothing; and 1x40ft container of expired pharmaceutical,”

Olomu said the cutlass and matches were imported from China, the expired drugs from India and the frozen chicken were from Turkiye

He said the seizures were made following a combination of intelligence and diligent enforcement in ensuring that no consignment exits Apapa Port or any terminal under the command without undergoing proper examination.

He reiterated that the Apapa command would continually sustain and improve on trade facilitation and maximum revenue collection without compromising the enforcement of the extant laws as they pertain to false declaration, concealment, under declaration and under valuation.

“We are also enforcing the requirements for sister regulatory agencies like National Agency for Food Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) in the case of food and drugs and strict implementation of the end user certificate rules for products that require it from relevant authorities like the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA),” he stated.

He however warned against smuggling of prohibited items and restated that the command would keep ensuring that only consignments that meet the integrity test of compliance will be allowed to go through this port either as import or export cargoes.

He said the seizures would be handed over to the appropriate agencies for further investigation and regulatory action.

Re: Apapa Customs Intercepts Shipment Of Cutlass From China, Other Items Worth N292m by YOUNGELDER1(m): 10:00am On Jul 21
Kudos to NCA
Re: Apapa Customs Intercepts Shipment Of Cutlass From China, Other Items Worth N292m by Edoreborn: 11:00am On Jul 21
O ti sele..
Re: Apapa Customs Intercepts Shipment Of Cutlass From China, Other Items Worth N292m by yarimo(m): 12:06pm On Jul 21
That's what Obidients want to use for protest, this is very commendable from the customs
Re: Apapa Customs Intercepts Shipment Of Cutlass From China, Other Items Worth N292m by lordm(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21
Is it that we can't produce cutlass in Nigeria?
Re: Apapa Customs Intercepts Shipment Of Cutlass From China, Other Items Worth N292m by ElohimShenRa(m): 1:04pm On Jul 21
yarimo:
That's what Obidients want to use for protest, this is very commendable from the customs

They really mean business but we are prepared for them.
Re: Apapa Customs Intercepts Shipment Of Cutlass From China, Other Items Worth N292m by ElohimShenRa(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21
All of them are free to protest in their home States. Anybody that foments trouble or constitutes nuisances in YORUBA LAND - in the name of protest WILL SURELY MEET HIS/HER WATERLOO on that day.

Whether they’re of Yoruba origin or hiding under Yoruba’s identity like they do on Twitter to deceive themselves; THEY SHALL ALL MEET THEIR WATERLOO if they try nonsense in any Yoruba State. We are really prepared for them.

They have already started opening threads - preempting that the FG wants to arrest Peter Obituary.

This is the same futile tactic they used during the Presidential Election when one idiot in their “Nzogbu-Nzogbu camp” maligned Babatunde Fashola by saying He had already written the Election Results and handed it to INEC.

We Patriotic Nigerians know the only tribe and ethnicity that has been praying & working for the downfall of Nigeria.

We know the only ethnicity that celebrates & jubilates when tragedy happens in Nigeria.

We know the only tribe that celebrated the Plane Crash that killed the late Chief of Army Staff Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attaihu in May 2021.

We know the only tribe that has been shouting “THE ZOO MUST FALL”.

You can choose to do whatever you want in your home States and region; but if you bring your madness to Yoruba Land; there are no longer Yoruba Liberals that sit on the fence or brainwashed with your childish propaganda; we are now all United in Purpose to flush you incorrigible miscreants down the sewer hole like we did to your envious & covetous ancestors during the BIAFLA War.

The only Yoruba that are still pandering or swallowing your propaganda are those half breed-bastards whose genes and DNAs have been corrupted by your Satanic & Parasitic Virus which is inherent in all of you.

Open additional thousands and millions of fake monikers on Twitter, Nairaland & other social media platforms - under Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani names to push your stupid propaganda like you did during the Presidential Election ; but it will amount to an exercise in futility.

I follow Reno Omokri on Twitter and always retweet his comments especially the ones debunking all the lies & bubbles that have been passed down from their vacuous ancestors and peddled for more than 5 decades. e.g They Built Lagos; They’re the wealthiest ethnicity in Nigeria; The 1966 Coup was not orchestrated by them.

And so, all of a sudden, I just noticed influx of more than 80 Twitter Monikers following me on Twitter; And as a security conscious person, I began to check these fictitious accounts and I noticed that all of them have the same thing in common.

Most of them were registered between Year 2021 and 2023; they have pictures of Oyinbo Women on their profiles and have not posted a single comment since their registration.

On a good day, I follow just 40 monikers on Twitter and have about 55 followers. If anybody follows me and I see that they’re from that cursed ethnicity or the moniker has never posted any single comment since their registration (even if they’re Yoruba) ; I block them instantly because even offline - I do not have any of these primitive cannibalistic barbarians as friends.

The only thing that joins me and them together offline is if I want to buy anything or if I want fvck Ashewo.

I have been extremely very careful not to impregnate any of their women so as not to corrupt my family Tree & DNA with their incurable virus of gri-gri, hatred & criminality.

Apparently; these nimcompoops are following me on Twitter for the sole purpose of trolling & issuing threats like they do to any person (including Reno Omokri) that sees through their foolish propaganda; but like I always tell them on Nairaland, all of them no get sense and are easily predictable.

See attached photos.

But unknown to them, I am the Father of their hairy-chested and Yam-Legged mothers.

The message is simple. GO AND PROTEST IN YOUR 5 STATES IN THE SOUTH EAST!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Taxi Driver Who Hides 9.2kg Drug In Palm Oil For Export / Chiang Yo Kay / Man, Wife, 5 Children Roasted In Midnight Mystery Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.