Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport (482 Views)

Soldiers Lock-up Customers In Shoprite Umuahia Over Alleged Missing Money [VIDEO / No Incident Of Gun Battle - Nsukka Council Boss Warns Against Falsehood / Ambrose Alli University Student "Ties Roommates' Destinies" Over Missing Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by Olamila: 4:08pm On Jul 21
It was a day filled with unfortunate events, as on July 20th, 2024, I found myself in a rush to catch my Aero Contractors flight. Waking up slightly late, I hurriedly prepared myself and made my way to the airport, hoping to board the 8:40 am flight. Little did I know that this day would be marred by a significant loss.

Arriving at the airport at 8:11 am, I was informed that the boarding process had already concluded. Determined to not miss my flight, I pleaded with the airline staff, and fortunately, they allowed me to board. In my haste, I carried both my school bag and suitcase, unaware of the consequences that lay ahead. Inside my school bag, I had stored my valuable possessions, including my cream, laptop, and a substantial amount of money.

Regrettably, I had forgotten that I had placed $300, £50, and #50,000 in my school bag, intending to remove them before my journey. Unbeknownst to me, the bag was checked in along with my other belongings due to the rush. It was only when the plane landed, and I retrieved my bag from the luggage carousel, that I realized my money had vanished into thin air.

In a state of shock and disbelief, I immediately contacted Aero Contractors numerous times, hoping for a resolution. Unfortunately, my efforts were met with little to no assistance or reasonable explanations. Frustrated, I resorted to emailing the airline, seeking answers and a resolution to my missing money predicament. However, my emails have gone unanswered, leaving me feeling ignored and helpless.

Driven by my determination to seek justice, I made my way to the airport's customer service desk at MMA2, using an Uber ride. To my dismay, I overheard the cashier instructing a colleague not to provide me with a complaint form, claiming that nothing could be done about my stolen cash amounting to over #640,000. This revelation only intensified my despair, as it raised questions about the integrity of Aero Contractors' employees.

The loss of my hard-earned money has left me in a state of immense pain and distress. I am currently battling with depression, and this incident has dealt a severe blow to my morale. The stolen cash was not only a significant financial setback but has also disrupted my plans, including an interview for a college opportunity that I can no longer attend due to lack of funds.

I implore Aero Contractors to address this matter urgently and take appropriate actions to investigate the incident. It is my fervent hope that justice will prevail, and I will be able to recover my stolen money. As a loyal customer, I had placed my trust in Aero Contractors, and this unfortunate incident has shattered that trust completely. I eagerly await a response and a resolution to this distressing situation.

Yours sincerely,
OGB Yoyal customer

Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by Olamila: 4:11pm On Jul 21
Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun fellow nairalander Nigeria needs people with integrity to handle our affairs and properties
Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by Olamila: 4:20pm On Jul 21
This is the money when my sister was using it to take pictures

Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by youngrichnigga: 4:42pm On Jul 21
Take this to Twitter (X) and call their asses out shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by Samesame247: 5:53pm On Jul 21
Did you declare the money before boarding?

2 Likes

Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by Olamila: 6:06pm On Jul 21
I was in hurry bro beside my money inside my bag
Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by BigYash: 6:32pm On Jul 21
How will you now prove to them that you actually had that money in your bag? Anyways Nairaland isn’t for issues like this,na tribal war dem dey fight here.. Take the issue to X (Twitter) for best result..

1 Like

Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by Hedonisco: 7:03pm On Jul 21
You sloppy people with low OT tend to always have plenty tales of woe, mostly self inflicted.

If you don't know how to hide such cash within your luggage, 'in plain sight' so to speak, then I don't know what to say to you.

If you packaged the money the right way then they would have needed to empty your entire bag contents and painstakingly rummage through each item to see the money. Which is of course impossible.

As you don loose guard come 'gock am', then accept your loss. Because chasing a potential recovery is a waste of time.
Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by Olamila: 8:19pm On Jul 21
Hedonisco:
You sloppy people with low OT tend to always have plenty tales of woe, mostly self inflicted.

If you don't know how to hide such cash within your luggage, 'in plain sight' so to speak, then I don't know what to say to you.

If you packaged the money the right way then they would have needed to empty your entire bag contents and painstakingly rummage through each item to see the money. Which is of course impossible.

As you don loose guard come 'gock am', then accept your loss. Because chasing a potential recovery is a waste of time.
It’s clear you left the thieves to attack me, this is how our society had Detracted to, blaming someone who innocently kept his possession in his bag and dishonest people preyed on him. We must learn to call a sped a sped not blaming innocent people. Me doing this already knew my money is lost but we have so many people that can innocently make my horrific mistakes. I know people like you will always champion the blame game instead of asking them to put their security and integrity to test.

1 Like

Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by MaziObinnaokija: 11:16pm On Jul 21
sad No evidence sad. Dem distracted u.No cameravyhere and those THIEVES won't confess..
There's nothing u can do. How I wish u can disgusted/tell yo family member to do the same thing/make those THIEVES search and steal another money and u confront them
Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by ceejay80s(m): 12:29am On Jul 22
Ii wonder why it only in Nigeria that there are no cameras at the airport, camera should be everywhere, let's how that money would have been stolen

1 Like

Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by symbianDON(m): 6:55am On Jul 22
You won't get a dime back without providing evidence that you declared the cash earlier before boarding.
Re: The Disheartening Incident Of Missing Money At The Airport by Nkpitime(m): 7:10am On Jul 22
Olamila:

It’s clear you left the thieves to attack me, this is how our society had Detracted to, blaming someone who innocently kept his possession in his bag and dishonest people preyed on him. We must learn to call a sped a sped not blaming innocent people. Me doing this already knew my money is lost but we have so many people that can innocently make my horrific mistakes. I know people like you will always champion the blame game instead of asking them to put their security and integrity to test.
How do you know she is saying the truth

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attacks: FG Told To Make Nigeria Habitable / ‘my Wives Know I’m A Criminal’ / 442 Lagos Bus Drivers Take Cocaine- LASG Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.