Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,243 members, 7,936,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote (4957 Views)

Again, Kogi Residents Protest Against Dangote's "Monopoly & Exploitations" / Efcc Is On A Vendetta Against Chief Whip Of The Senate For Political Reasons / Ganduje Vendetta Against Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by kokoA(m): 6:35am On Jul 22
malali:
The rest of us in Nigeria, did we come to this world to serve Dangote ?

He is hitting 70, only you the sell cement to the whole country.

Only you want to sell diesel and petrol to the whole country.

At the rate we are going we have to pray for him not to enter water and oxygen business.

I get it, he is an avid business man, but the optics do not look good. Especially knowing fully well some of the money used to build that refinery was definitely sourced from Nigerian coffers through Elemiefiele (former CBN governor).

If he is not expecting any concessions from Nigerian crude Oil, let him buy international crude and sell Petrol to international community or have Nigerian government buy from him.

Do you really thing Asiwaju invested over billion of dollars to win election, just to hand over the crown jewel of Nigerian economy(Petrol procurement) to Dangote, just like that.

Playing devils advocate: Land is Lagos, Crude oil is Niger delta, Capital for financing was most likely Emelefiele sourced, Refinery Pollution is Lagos, Owner Kano.

There is no country in the world with its energy tied to 1 single individual

PROFITS 100% DANGOTE.
Wetin your Papa been dey do when Dangote dey hustle?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by Kobojunkiee: 6:36am On Jul 22
leokid866:
wait I don't get you mean the diesel we were buying 1700 - 1800....that is now 1200 is not a good thing.....and you say it is been subsidized.....subsidized how?
Between Week of March 10th and April 3rd when the price of diesel crashed, you know what else happened in Nigeria? The government took out $1.2 billion from the foreign reserves to force the Naira from a high of about Naira 1900 to a dollar, down to a low of about Naira 1200 to a dollar. I don't believe Dangote has been selling AGO before that point in time, according to reports, so I don't believe his product is singlehandedly responsible for the crash in price we experienced back then. The same has been in the market for all this while yet prices have been slowly creeping up nonetheless. undecided

As to the question of subsidy, well, on Thursday, Ajero, after his meeting with the president, hinged at the very existence of that. The President's people have yet to deny the claim. undecided
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by MaiDeribe: 6:37am On Jul 22
gare:

Did he stop you from fixing your refineries? Government should go and ensure they complete the government refineries and stop being stupid

Why is he being a cry baby.
He has a refinery. Let him buy crude in the open market, we are not giving him access to Nigerian crude. That Nigerian crude belongs to 300 million Nigerians.
He can source his crude and if he comes to the market with good price diesel and petrol, we will buy from him. If not he is free to sell to the highest bidder.
As a country of 300 million one man cannot be taking limestone to make cement and now wants access to crude oil easy peezy.
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by MaiDeribe: 6:41am On Jul 22
kokoA:
Wetin your Papa been dey do when Dangote dey hustle?

I am very very comfortable financially.
I do not need a dime from anyone.
But i speak the truth without fear or favor.
I am just a Nigerian tired of seeing 300 million people being taken advantage of in different guises.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by leokid866: 6:45am On Jul 22
Kobojunkiee:
Between Week of March 10th and April 3rd when the price of diesel crashed, you know what else happened in Nigeria? The government took out $1.2 billion from the foreign reserves to force the Naira from a high of about Naira 1900 to a dollar, down to a low of about Naira 1200 to a dollar. I don't believe Dangote has been selling AGO before that point in time, according to reports, so I don't believe his product is singlehandedly responsible for the crash in price we experienced back then. The same has been in the market for all this while yet prices have been slowly creeping up nonetheless. undecided

As to the question of subsidy, well, on Thursday, Ajero, after his meeting with the president, hinged at the very existence of that. The President's people have yet to deny the claim. undecided
your right the prices went to 1100 then to 1200....currently the highest is 1300...that is still a far cry from 1800......and yes some level of price control exist when it comes to oil related products but those only kick in when certain markers are passed for example if by some strange reason prices rises to 2k per litter.....but at 1300 you are not going to get a cheque from Tinubu and the people who have import licenses have been bringing in diesel of lesser quality just to compete.....I believe that NMDPRA guy is one of them which is why he is salty.......

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by DesChyko: 6:47am On Jul 22
Nigerians should not be used as pawns in another man's chess. We have four refineries in Nigeria. Make them work. That is a bigger statement, except we are trying to say Dangote's monopoly supercedes the government's intent. And if that is the case, we're probably better off with him.

In case you have forgotten, this same refinery was the meat in the campaigns.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by leokid866: 6:48am On Jul 22
MaiDeribe:

He has a refinery. Let him buy crude in the open market, we are not giving him access to Nigerian crude. That Nigerian crude belongs to 300 million Nigerians.
He can source his crude and if he comes to the market with good price diesel and petrol, we will buy from him. If not he is free to sell to the highest bidder.
As a country of 300 million one man cannot be taking limestone to make cement and now wants access to crude oil easy peezy.
you have no choice.....it makes no sense to deprive of him crude.....you will just be shooting yourself in the foot economically.....cause if you sell your crude outside you will still have to import it after it's refined.....it's 2024 bruv no one has time for that.....drop your hate I beg.....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by Kobojunkiee: 6:51am On Jul 22
leokid866:
your right the prices went to 1100 then to 1200....currently the highest is 1300...that is still a far cry from 1800......and yes some level of price control exist when it comes to oil related products but those only kick in when certain markers are passed for example if by some strange reason prices rises to 2k per litter.....but at 1300 you are not going to get a cheque
∆ from Tinubu and the people who have import licenses have been bringing in diesel of lesser quality just to compete.....I believe that NMDPRA guy is one of them which is why he is salty.......
Go back and listen again to what AJaero said.. He claim it is currently being subsidized, not that it would be after a certain price is reached. undecided

2. All this na supposition though. undecided
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by MaiDeribe: 6:58am On Jul 22
leokid866:
you have no choice.....it makes no sense to deprive of him crude.....you will just be shooting yourself in the foot economically.....cause if you sell your crude outside you will still have to import it after it's refined.....it's 2024 bruv no one has time for that.....drop your hate I beg.....

No hate here my friend, not an iota.
If we sell crude to open market, we get money to pay all the salaries and execute projects in Nigeria.
If we sell to Dangote directly without checks and balances. We are going to be using that One refinery to finance Nigeria's economy all controlled by one man. Thats a huge security risk in any country in the world.
He should at least run the refinery independent of the government for 6months to 1 year. Buy your crude from anywhere, sell your diesel and petrol to anyone.
Ask yourself ? Why is he hell bent on Nigerian crude and Nigerian petrol market ?
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by Maxxim: 6:59am On Jul 22
Anyone in Nigeria fighting for em is foolish. Once Dangote starts sourcing supplies from local crude sellers and becomes the sole buyer, there's no way you'll benefit positively. Dangote is a hardcore capitalist playing a dangerous monopoly game.
If things go his way, we'll all be at the mercy of his pricing and the resulting inflation across the country. I hope the government doesn't fall for his tricks.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by Kobojunkiee: 7:00am On Jul 22
leokid866:
∆ you have no choice.....it makes no sense to deprive of him crude.....you will just be shooting yourself in the foot economically.....cause if you sell your crude outside you will still have to import it after it's refined.....it's 2024 bruv no one has time for that.....drop your hate I beg.....
Dangote has not been deprived of crude in any way. His claim that he has seems more a scam instead. undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by leokid866: 7:07am On Jul 22
MaiDeribe:

No hate here my friend, not an iota.
If we sell crude to open market, we get money to pay all the salaries and execute projects in Nigeria.
If we sell to Dangote directly without checks and balances. We are going to be using that One refinery to finance Nigeria's economy all controlled by one man. Thats a huge security risk in any country in the world.
He should at least run the refinery independent of the government for 6months to 1 year. Buy your crude from anywhere, sell your diesel and petrol to anyone.
Ask yourself ? Why is he hell bent on Nigerian crude and Nigerian petrol market ?
Oga your thinking still makes no economic sense why are you selling your crude in the open market when you haven't secured local supply? It's like been a chicken farmer and asking your wife to bid for the chicken you will eat at home along side you other customers....and who told you Dangote is the only refinery we have in Nigeria? There are others of varying degrees from 45k bpd to 100k or more.....Dangote would only help increase supply.....and he can make other products the other refineries we have cant.....
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by leokid866: 7:09am On Jul 22
Kobojunkiee:
Go back and listen again to what AJaero said.. He claim it is currently being subsidized, not that it would be after a certain price is reached. undecided

2. All this na supposition though. undecided
share the link cause I don't think I've seen this interview and if diesel is been subsidized the price would definitely be lower and our neighbors wouldn't be crying they are paying more for our petroleum products.......
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by Peakdesign23(m): 7:09am On Jul 22
Will Nigeria ever get better? Vision 2030 is close enough!
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by leokid866: 7:14am On Jul 22
Kobojunkiee:
Dangote has not been deprived of crude in any way. His claim that he has seems more a scam instead. undecided
he actually can't get crude cause Nigeria entered into a forward sales agreement with Afreximbank earlier in the year.....the contract ends at the end of this month.....so Nigeria and NNPC can't sell to him direct and the IOCS have taken advantage of this by selling their products at a markup or just not selling to him at all.....
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by Oju4190: 7:16am On Jul 22
malali:

At the rate we are going we have to pray for him not to enter water and oxygen business.

I get it, he is an avid business man, but the optics do not look good. Especially knowing fully well some of the money used to build that refinery was definitely sourced from Nigerian coffers through Elemiefiele (former CBN governor).

If he is not expecting any concessions from Nigerian crude Oil, let him buy international crude and sell Petrol to international community or have Nigerian government buy from him.

Do you really thing Asiwaju invested over billion of dollars to win election, just to hand over the crown jewel of Nigerian economy(Petrol procurement) to Dangote, just like that.

Playing devils advocate: Land is Lagos, Crude oil is Niger delta, Capital for financing was most likely Emelefiele sourced, Refinery Pollution is Lagos, Owner Kano.

PROFITS 100% DANGOTE.
Did anybody stop u from building ur own refinery and cement factory.....Na jealousy go kill u dere
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by MaiDeribe: 7:18am On Jul 22
leokid866:
Oga your thinking still makes no economic sense why are you selling your crude in the open market when you haven't secured local supply? It's like been a chicken farmer and asking your wife to bid for the chicken you will eat at home along side you other customers....and who told you Dangote is the only refinery we have in Nigeria? There are others of varying degrees from 45k bpd to 100k or more.....Dangote would only help increase supply.....and he can make other products the other refineries we have cant.....

Dont be fooled, Dangote is in for himself only.

By your analogy we should be enjoying the best cement prices in Africa......No
There are other African countries where Dangote cement is cheaper than Nigeria !!
Although all the limestone and land and import waivers and tax concessions are given to him free in Nigeria.
We are not about to start that in the Oil and Gas Sector.
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by leokid866: 7:24am On Jul 22
MaiDeribe:

Dont be fooled, Dangote is in for himself only.

By your analogy we should be enjoying the best cement prices in Africa......No
There are other African countries where Dangote cement is cheaper than Nigeria !!
Although all the limestone and land and import waivers and tax concessions are given to him free in Nigeria.
We are not about to start that in the Oil and Gas Sector.
Oga we enjoy the cheapest cement prices in West Africa.....the raw materials used in his other factories across Africa all come from Nigeria....Ghana that is just close by pays from 500 to 700 naira more for cement not to talk of others.....and of course Dangote is in it for himself.....if I put 20Billion $ on the table of course I'm going to want certain protections.....if it were you would you open your eyes down and watch any Tom dice and Harry be importing substandard goods to be competing with you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by Standing5(m): 7:26am On Jul 22
malali:

PROFITS 100% DANGOTE.
This is the mentality that has kept us in witchcraft stronghold and absolutely backwards for ages. For Decades, govt fumbled and we all suffered. If govt does not like his business vantage, they should at least cough up 50% of the refinery and buy him out. They are broke and cant do that but leave governance alone to be chasing a businessman. They all want to compete with Dangote by stealing from govt coffers.
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by MaiDeribe: 7:29am On Jul 22
leokid866:
Oga we enjoy the cheapest cement prices in West Africa.....the raw materials used in his other factories across Africa all come from Nigeria....Ghana that is just close by pays from 500 to 700 naira more for cement not to talk of others.....and of course Dangote is in it for himself.....if I put 20Billion $ on the table of course I'm going to want certain protections.....if it were you would you open your eyes down and watch any Tom dice and Harry be importing substandard goods to be competing with you?

Its sold cheaper in Ethiopia and Kenya.
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by AdesegunSanni89: 7:32am On Jul 22
This Ned media guy needs to be cautioned about the unsubstantiated claims in his propaganda videos.
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by CyrusVI(m): 7:43am On Jul 22
Odotech:
Thief tinubu of Lagos state should investigate thief dangote and destroy his companies that has employed over 50,000 persons. How many families are employed by thief tinubu? Jealousy will kill you Yoruba folks o. A Yoruba thief needs no investigation, but the fulani own who has no access to public fund should be destroyed - not even investigated. This is envy at work in your heart and life

Wetin carry Yoruba enter this one na

Some of u are just old dullards

No be the same Yoruba dey praise am everywhere,dey call am better businessman?

You are Igbo 100% , cause only they see hate in nonexistent places

That guy u quoted isn't even Yoruba

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by Abee79(m): 7:58am On Jul 22
Anyone who fights against the collective prosperity of Nigeria is the real enemy of Nigeria lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by Sheuns(m): 8:00am On Jul 22
MaiDeribe:

Its sold cheaper in Ethiopia and Kenya.

Those countries have limestone. It can be cheaper there if the cost of running his factories and business is a lot lower when compared to Nigeria.

That it’s sold cheaper there doesn’t mean it should be sold cheaper here. Many factors go into pricing products even if they’re from the same producer.
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by gare(f): 8:40am On Jul 22
MaiDeribe:

He is not asking for free crude, he is asking for the same price sold in the international market, the IOC are asking for $5 extra, Nigerians should rally round him to ensure he gets the crude at the same price sold in the open market, because if he has to import and get crude which he is presently doing would increase the price of PMS and other products. He is not crying but Nigeria is only showing to the world that business can't be done well in Nigeria if we can't treat our own like this
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by MaiDeribe: 8:58am On Jul 22
gare:

He is not asking for free crude, he is asking for the same price sold in the international market, the IOC are asking for $5 extra, Nigerians should rally round him to ensure he gets the crude at the same price sold in the open market, because if he has to import and get crude which he is presently doing would increase the price of PMS and other products. He is not crying but Nigeria is only showing to the world that business can't be done well in Nigeria if we can't treat our own like this

He is asking for an advantage, which sounds a little entitled. If he buys crude in USA or Brazil he has to pay tankers shipping fees to Nigeria, He has to import charges at the port authority, he has to pay taxes to the government. So a little $5 Extra is still a good deal if sourced locally.

If i buy a goat in katsina for 30k naira and ship it to lagos to sell it. If i meet someone in Lagos raising goats. If he tells you to pay 35k naira to buy the goats in Lagos. You cant be complaining that you buy it in Katsina for 30k naira......He has to add something, its business. If you do not want to buy, travel all the way to katsina by yourself to purchase it yourself.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by yoruboid: 9:14am On Jul 22
Although his hands are not clean as he has enjoyed unfair government patronage in the past

He’s been getting FOREX for way lower than usual and he’s cheated the system but for all it’s worth and to save the country from further embarrassment, his refinery must be allowed to thrive
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by gare(f): 9:31am On Jul 22
MaiDeribe:

He is asking for an advantage, which sounds a little entitled. If he buys crude in USA or Brazil he has to pay tankers shipping fees to Nigeria, He has to import charges at the port authority, he has to pay taxes to the government. So a little $5 Extra is still a good deal if sourced locally.

If i buy a goat in katsina for 30k naira and ship it to lagos to sell it. If i meet someone in Lagos raising goats. If he tells you to pay 35k naira to buy the goats in Lagos. You cant be complaining that you buy it in Katsina for 30k naira......He has to add something, its business. If you do not want to buy, travel all the way to katsina by yourself to purchase it yourself.

The refineries in this countries do you know how much they buy their crude? I believe if the freighting fee is out and he gets his crude at the normal open prices then his by products will be cheap for us to buy
Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by MaiDeribe: 9:37am On Jul 22
gare:

The refineries in this countries do you know how much they buy their crude? I believe if the freighting fee is out and he gets his crude at the normal open prices then his by products will be cheap for us to buy

Dangote is a business man, any concession he gets will go to his profit margin.
He is not running a charity.
When he says he paid 100 million USD for land. You think he is joking ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by Lavor234: 9:43am On Jul 22
BUA also accused Dangote

Re: Tinubu Vendetta Against Dangote by PaZwoD: 10:13am On Jul 22
malali:

PROFITS 100% DANGOTE.

Who's stopping you from setting up your own company?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

News Flash - Alert Nigerians, Alert Jega, Alert Inec / Ngige Was Wrong On Obasanjo Power Plants / NURTW (national Unionof Road Transport Workers) SHOULD BE SCRAPPED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.