Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:10 AM

Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest (9725 Views)

'Warn your children against protest': Tinubu's daughter begs Lagos market women / Anyone Kicking Against Protest Is Your Enemy – Workers Tell Nigerians ( Pic ) / Reno Omokri Speaks Against Protest In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by adamusuleiman1: 10:16pm On Jul 22
A coalition of civil society organisations led by Rising Up for a United Nigeria (RUN) and Coalition of Civil Society Groups for National Stability and Cohesion, have urged Nigerians to distance themselves from the planned August 1st nationwide protest against the Bola Tinubu’s administration.

Addressing newsmen on Monday in Abuja, leaders of the group, convener of RUN Solomon Adodo, convener of Empowerment for Unemployed Youth Initiative, Danesi Momoh and Convener Guardians of Democracy and Development, Igwe Ude-umanta, advised Nigerians not to allow themselves to be used as tools by “unpatriotic” persons to destabilise the country in the name of national protests or strikes.

They alleged that the planned protest was being driven by “certain people with ulterior interests, driven by bitterness and personal agendas, are attempting to exploit our nation’s challenges to incite unrest through protests and strikes.

“While we respect the fact that the right to peaceful protest is a fundamental aspect of our democracy, it is crucial to remain vigilant and not be swayed by those who seek to destabilize our beloved country for their own gain.

“These voices of opposition, bitter and disgruntled politicians and other unpatriotic interest have been on the campaign of employing sensationalism and exploiting the outcomes of the initial challenges of the visionary and bold reforms of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to instigate Nigerians, particularly the young and middle-aged citizens to go on protests against the temporary challenges in the country.

“They intend to instigate the young people using the incidents of protests and riots in Kenya, which has its own peculiarity and influences.

We reiterate that the proposed nationwide protests slated to begin on August 1st, 2024 is largely being sponsored by persons who are completely faceless, whose motives are nebulous and are therefore operating nocturnally and clandestinely to undermine national unity. They are only trying to exploit genuine national misgivings about the temporary implications of the reforms of Mr. President to execute their acts of treason and ultimately push for a regime change.

“The sheer theme of the protest to wit-“End Bad Government”, is an invitation to anarchy, disorder and mayhem. These faceless gangsters certainly do not have an answer to what structure takes over when a democratically elected government is ousted through brigandage. In any case, all through history, when patriotic and well-meaning citizens abdicate their responsibilities and allow unpatriotic elements to hold sway, the repercussion becomes grave.

“Indeed, the agenda of these enemies of the country is very sinister and the intention is indeed destructive. We wish to call on our compatriots, the youth and middle-aged citizens and all Nigerians to discountenance the protest and avoid participating in such unpatriotic protests. We appeal to well meaning Nigerians to rally support for national stability and cohesion. We must resist any attempt at throwing our country into turbulence or chaos. It will all look very idealistic and colourful on the surface, but the outcome is always dire, unsavoury and highly regrettable.”

While warning that the planned protest could be hijacked as witnessed in the EndSARSass protest which resulted in the loss of lives and properties, they noted that despite the current hardship occasioned by the ill-timed removal of fuel subsidy, President Tinubu was already rolling out initiatives to address the adverse situation.

“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved centres for the conversion of petrol and diesel-powered vehicles to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) at no cost to the vehicle owners under the Presidential Compressed Natural Gas Initiative (P-CNGi). The NNPC has assured that the refineries will soon commence optimal performance.

“Further more, Mr president has established the ministry of livestock to tackle the perennial farmers and herders clashes which has hindered massive food production and animal husbandry.

“The government of Tinubu has just approved a minimum wage for workers in view of the realities of the times with a promise to review after three years. The wage award is being paid to cushion the effect of the hardship. Fertilizer and other farm inputs are deliberately being distributed by government to encourage farming.

“This is in addition to the massive distribution of grains across the country. Security agencies are aggressively clamping down on the bandits that terrorized communities and prevented farming activities. The student loan scheme is an initiative to help students pay their tuition without challenge. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a listening leader.

“The President has been proactive and significantly started addressing the base foundation of these glaring challenges.

He has taken the bull by the horn to make difficult decisions which the consequences are before us. Mr president deserves our support at this critical time. We must stand by him while offering fair and constructive criticisms where necessary.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/coalition-kicks-against-protest-against-tinubu/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by TemplarLandry: 10:19pm On Jul 22
cool

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by Felabrity: 10:21pm On Jul 22
Which uselèss apc coalition is this one again?

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by OkCornel(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22
The coalition of sell outs and saboteurs.

Edited: Why did the mod hide one of my posts on the thread exposing the sell outs?

I’m not surprised, one of the saboteurs (Solomon Adodo) coming out was sentenced for forgery! Now it’s making sense.

The other saboteur and sellout (Danesi Momoh Prince) is an APC member and influencer.

Igwe Ude-Umanta another sell out is a card carrying member of APC Ebonyi.

Why didn’t they come out to say they’re APC members from the start? Who do they think they are fooling?

A coalition of saboteurs and sell outs with questionable character.

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by Massiveglory: 10:23pm On Jul 22
The pressure on tinubu and his online boys is really high.
You see all sorts of rubbish and comedy in the name of fighthing the protest.
Op adamusuleiman1 aka ibrahimcoomaise ( Disguised Agbado) make sure you collect your money.
The hunger protesters are not on social media.

Advice the failures in power, Instead of all these propaganda hirelings, use the energy to make basic things available for the masses.

There is a serious anger and hunger in the land.

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by MasterJayJay: 10:48pm On Jul 22
Next: Bandits withdraws from protest.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by CyrusVI(m): 11:45pm On Jul 22
Massiveglory:
Op adamusuleiman1 aka ibrahimcoomaise ( Disguised Agbado) make sure you collect your money.

Instead of all these propaganda hirelings, use the energy to make basic things available for the masses.

Pressure high on Tinubu yet him never talk anything about the protest

He's 100% calm and has always reacted to other issues but never this

I don't understand how u guys analyze situations at all

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by CyrusVI(m): 11:47pm On Jul 22
RUN don Run

By August I, na three people go remain wey go protest

I care less tho, as no protest is holding in my region

The rest can go swim in Indian ocean to prove whatever point they wanna

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by Kobojunkiee: 11:50pm On Jul 22
TemplarLandry:
cool
Buhari, Tinubu, Akande Lead APC Protest TO INEC Headquarters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPUG_vLjn44?si=W5qhpjaM0q2UV70-

12 Likes

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by Kobojunkiee: 11:50pm On Jul 22
Massiveglory:

Instead of all these propaganda hirelings, use the energy to make basic things available for the masses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEvSnqGNcEI?si=80K3IxpQCRK7v8aK

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by TimeManager(m): 2:42am On Jul 23
Kobojunkiee:
[b]Buhari, Tinubu, Akande Lead APC Protest TO INEC Headquarters
How many public infrastructures were burnt down like you did during ENDSARS?

-Kiss the truth!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by Kobojunkiee: 2:47am On Jul 23
TimeManager:
■ How many public infrastructures were burnt down like you did during ENDSARS? -Kiss the truth!
I don't know much about the events of EndSars since my attention was not on Nigeria at the time. So, at this time. I am unable to comment on that event. For all I know it may not have been the actual protestors that did the burning but political touts hired by the Government/opposition. The one video I saw was of touts sent to ransack an oba's house. The touts claimed they were protestors, ransacked, and threatened the people in the house, only to then leave right after that in black cars. They had at least 3 or four black SUVs they rode off in afterward. Cleary, they were gangsters/hired touts. Yes, all that evidence is online! undecided

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by raskymonojendor: 3:06am On Jul 23
MasterJayJay:

Next: Bandits withdraws from protest.
Peter Obi's friend, bandit leader and negotiator, gunmi has already withdrawn.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by raskymonojendor: 3:11am On Jul 23
OkCornel:
The coalition of sell outs and saboteurs.
Sellout because they said they weren't protesting. That means all Ibos that are saying they won't protest are sellouts too. LMAO.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by Kobojunkiee: 3:27am On Jul 23
raskymonojendor:
■ Sellout because they said they weren't protesting. That means all Ibos that are saying they won't protest are sellouts too. LMAO.
Who knows! Last I checked, APC is also in the South East. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by ivandragon: 5:00am On Jul 23
Lol.

People who took to the streets in 2012 and even protested in London are suddenly afraid of protests...

You protested when:

Fuel - N140
FXr - N216:$1
Gas - N200kg
Diesel- N250
50kg rice- N8000
Cement- N1800

But you don't want people to protests now that:

Fuel - N800
FXr - N1600:$1
Gas - N1100kg
Diesel- N1200
50kg rice- N80000
Cement- N11000

What is most irritating is the arrogance with which they talk down on the masses. And if the protests don't hold, it is the same people that would mock the protests for not holding.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by opamoses1: 5:43am On Jul 23
OkCornel:

Those ones were straightforward with their position from the start.

I’m not surprised, one of the saboteurs (Solomon Adodo) coming out was sentenced for forgery! Now it’s making sense.

The other saboteur and sellout (Danesi Momoh Prince) is an APC member.
Oya run background checks on the others as well. Anyway, they are not stopping you from protesting.

So one of them is even Ibo. You should be happy since he said ibos weren't going to protest 🤷🏾‍♂️

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by Kobojunkiee: 6:03am On Jul 23
opamoses1:
■ Oya run background checks on the others as well. Anyway, they are not stopping you from protesting.
It is indeed necessary to run background checks on them. I happened to discover one of the frauds myself yesterday. Imagine the fraud being pulled by Tinubu miscreants. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by helinues: 6:05am On Jul 23
Winks

wink wink

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by opamoses1: 6:07am On Jul 23
Kobojunkiee:
It is indeed necessary to run background checks on them. I happened to discover one of the frauds myself yesterday. Imagine the fraud being pulled by Tinubu miscreants. undecided
And it doesn't occur to you that Ibrahim fan-musa is a common name in the North. Even if it's the same person. He could have changed his mind on protesting. He never even said he was going to protest by the way.

Anyway. It's called freedom of choice. Them not protesting does not block your own freedom of leading a protest.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by OkCornel(m): 6:12am On Jul 23
ivandragon:
Lol.

People who took to the streets in 2012 and even protested in London are suddenly afraid of protests...

You protested when:

Fuel - N140
FXr - N216:$1
Gas - N200kg
Diesel- N250
50kg rice- N8000
Cement- N1800

But you don't want people to protests now that:

Fuel - N800
FXr - N1600:$1
Gas - N1100kg
Diesel- N1200
50kg rice- N80000
Cement- N11000

What is most irritating is the arrogance with which they talk down on the masses. And if the protests don't hold, it is the same people that would mock the protests for not holding.

Don’t worry yourself. The so called coalition are just a bunch of young APC political jobbers. Bunch of hungry sell outs trying to spin a narrative.

Why didn’t they come out to say they were APC members in the first place? Your guess is as good as mine.

To them it’s just the usual game. We are taking notes.

We’re still waiting for more of their likes to come out. Palms have been greased, we are watching and waiting.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by OkCornel(m): 6:16am On Jul 23
Kobojunkiee:
Who knows! Last I checked, APC is also in the South East. undecided

Igwe Ude-Umanta is a card carrying member of APC Ebonyi.

This so called coalition is not even smart enough to clear their footprints before coming public. They think it’s business as usual.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by OkCornel(m): 6:18am On Jul 23
opamoses1:

Oya run background checks on the others as well. Anyway, they are not stopping you from protesting.

So one of them is even Ibo. You should be happy since he said ibos weren't going to protest 🤷🏾‍♂️

I don’t give a hoot about tribe. Nigeria must work for the common man irrespective of their tribes!

Nobody chose the tribe they were born into.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by Kobojunkiee: 6:18am On Jul 23
opamoses1:
■ And it doesn't occur to you that Ibrahim fan-musa is a common name in the North. Even if it's the same person. He could have changed his mind on protesting. He never even said he was going to protest by the way. Anyway. It's called freedom of choice. Them not protesting does not block your own freedom of leading a protest.
He changed his mind after severally supporting the Tinubu, and then changed his mind again to go back to supporting the same Tinubu 🤔 😏😏😏😏

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by ivandragon: 6:50am On Jul 23
OkCornel:

Don’t worry yourself. The so called coalition are just a bunch of young APC political jobbers. Bunch of hungry sell outs trying to spin a narrative.

Why didn’t they come out to say they were APC members in the first place? Your guess is as good as mine.

To them it’s just the usual game. We are taking notes.

We’re still waiting for more of their likes to come out. Palms have been greased, we are watching and waiting.

It is so terrible that people do not mind setting the polity on fire to support failure.

Some of the most virulent of them don't even reside in nigeria. They are all over social media making inciting videos targeted at creating division.

I often wonder if they think bat would be in power forever... no matter how long it takes, the shoe would one day be on the other foot...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by opamoses1: 6:54am On Jul 23
Kobojunkiee:
He changed his mind after severally supporting the Tinubu, and then changed his mind again to go back to supporting the same Tinubu 🤔 😏😏😏😏
You can support a government and still critisize or call out the policy of that government that you may not agree with. You need brain nutrients so as to be able to think critically. No offence.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by ivandragon: 6:54am On Jul 23
OkCornel:

Igwe Ude-Umanta is a card carrying member of APC Ebonyi.

This so called coalition is not even smart enough to clear their footprints before coming public. They think it’s business as usual.

Lol.

Bursted.

But then again, are supporters even sane or rational in the first place?

I have never seen a more openly morally debased party and supporters like the apc.

Every single thing they condemned under the pdp, they have done worst, 100 times over. Yet, they have the temerity to be Arrogant in their deceit and call it politics...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by Kobojunkiee: 6:57am On Jul 23
opamoses1:

You can support a government and still critisize or call out the policy of that government that you may not agree with. You need brain nutrients so as to be able to think critically. No offence.
Wetin this one dey talk. We dey talk of protesting bad governance, e dey talk something else entirely. undecided

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by OkCornel(m): 6:57am On Jul 23
ivandragon:

Lol.

Bursted.

But then again, are supporters even sane or rational in the first place?

I have never seen a more openly morally debased party and supporters like the apc.

Every single thing they condemned under the pdp, they have done worst, 100 times over. Yet, they have the temerity to be Arrogant in their deceit and call it politics...

They protested against Jonathan in 2012.

Now they are in power doing worse and expect hungry/angry Nigerians to clap for them.

Jokers

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by opamoses1: 6:59am On Jul 23
Kobojunkiee:
Wetin this one dey talk. We dey talk of protesting bad governance, e dey talk something else entirely. undecided
We are not protesting in my home state of Abia - It's not by force. If these guys in Abuja or wherever they are don't wanna protest too, that's their prerogative.

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Coalition Kicks Against Protest by MasterJayJay: 7:07am On Jul 23
raskymonojendor:

Peter Obi's friend, bandit leader and negotiator, gunmi has already withdrawn.

Boko Haram nko that your Buhari was picked as a negotiator, have they withdrawn too?

The bandit leader we know is Bello Turji, who is being protected by APC government.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Wins Bayelsa Central Senatorial By-Election / Ogunlewe: Asking Osinbajo Not To Contest Because Of Tinubu Is Undemocratic / Reps Probe 45 Million Accounts Without BVN With ₦1.2tn Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.