Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,238 members, 7,936,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero (19215 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu Pictured At Event With Namibia’s Late President And New President / Chris Ngige And Sadiya Umar At The National Migration Dialogue Forum / Crowd At Buhari Supporters Rally In Abuja Attended By VP Osibanjo- VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Islie: 5:33am On Jul 23
Mob attacks Kano lawmaker ‘for supporting Bayero’s removal’

A member of the Kano State House of Assembly, Abdul-Majid Umar was on Saturday attacked by a mob at an event attended by the 15th Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado-Bayero.

The incident occurred during an annual prayer for peace and stability organised at Isyaka Rabiu’s residence in the Goron Dutse area of Kano.

Umar, who is the lawmaker representing Gwale local government area under the ruling New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP), was seated beside the deposed emir at the event.

Tensions rose after the lawmaker left the venue with some people accusing him of supporting the bill that led to the Bayero’s dethronement and this led to a violent attack on the lawmaker.

Umar recounted the harrowing experience to BBC HAUSA stating, “After the deposed emir arrived at the event, his supporters started abusing me and my colleagues, accusing us of repealing the Emirate Council Law 2019 that led to the dethronement of the Emir.

The deposed Emir stopped one of the palace guards who attempted to hit me. The deposed Emir himself used his hand to bounce back one of the palace guards and shouted at another who attempted to hit me.

Feeling increasingly unsafe as the only government official present at the event, Umar decided to leave the event. “I became more disturbed after I left the venue as people armed with dangerous weapons attacked me. I hastily jumped into a police vehicle. That was how I was rescued from the attack. Two of my supporters were injured while we were leaving the venue,” he added.

However, a media aide to the deposed Emir, Khalid Adamu, refuted claims that the attackers were part of the emir’s entourage.

He insisted that although Bayero had many supporters present, none were armed.

LEADERSHIP reports there is ongoing strife in Kano following the lawmakers’ decision on May 23 to repeal the State Emirate Council Law 2019.

The law, enacted under former Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, had created four new emirates, significantly altering the traditional emirate structure.

The repeal of the of law has continued to fuel tension in the state with the deposed Emir Bayero clinging to the throne at the Nasarawa Mini Palace while the reinstated Emir Mohammad Sanusi II occupies the main palace.

https://leadership.ng/mob-attack-kano-lawmaker-at-event-attended-by-bayero/

3 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:41am On Jul 23
Too bad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by franchasofficia: 7:19am On Jul 23
lol

2 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Gadafii: 7:21am On Jul 23
The protest that will consume these wicked Nigerian leaders and politicians and the demonic structure will not be planned, it will happen like a spark

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by sukar886: 8:16am On Jul 23
Good news
Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Max24: 8:37am On Jul 23
It's obvious that the people of Kano prefer this Bayero guy to Sanusi but the gov and Kwankwaso are using their political power to impose Sanusi. While I am not against Sanusi, I think the peoples will should be allowed to stand.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Sirianese: 8:43am On Jul 23
Why couldn't they kill him?

9 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by yarimo(m): 8:49am On Jul 23
Mr lawmaker why jumping in to a police car instead of your official car you came with na grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by asiwaju60: 9:18am On Jul 23
Max24:
It's obvious that the people of Kano prefer this Bayero guy to Sanusi but the gov and Kwankwaso are using their political power to impose Sanusi. While I am not against Sanusi, I think the peoples will should be allowed to stand.
The media isn't even reporting what's really going on in Kano, Sanusi representative to different emirate are been stoned by the people

May God help the Governor

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by iwaeda: 9:24am On Jul 23
Islie:

https://leadership.ng/mob-attack-kano-lawmaker-at-event-attended-by-bayero/

Nlfpmod

See what Obi has done, apology to Bayo Onanuga. You can't enslave people forever. Hunger and hardship will force people on the streets, hope their drum beaters can hear the tunes. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Melagros(m): 9:26am On Jul 23
COMRADES, this chieftancy tussle in Kano may degenerate if not properly handled

2 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Chikel20000(m): 9:29am On Jul 23
Sirianese:
Why couldn't they kill him?
what will they gain if they kill him?

2 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by STEWpid(f): 9:53am On Jul 23

Proteste don Starte from the Deposed Bayero's Seat!

...when polithiefcians receive some stuporical beatings, it gladdens the heart of the pipu,,

C h a i..

1 Like

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Mitsurugi(m): 9:53am On Jul 23
cheesy
Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by mbahdi(m): 9:53am On Jul 23
The monsters there made

1 Like

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Kennitrust(m): 9:54am On Jul 23
I thought it was an attack on the hunger ravaging the nation.
Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by callmevirus(m): 9:55am On Jul 23
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

Nice one from the mob

Please I need those mobs to attack

Yarimo and Helinus

6 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by santopelele(m): 9:55am On Jul 23
It will certainly starts from the north. I trust them
Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by erisoundla: 9:56am On Jul 23
All this ones dey protest for pocket matter not hardship
Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by specialmati(m): 9:58am On Jul 23
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ok
Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Franzinni: 9:58am On Jul 23
Men bleeps are very expensive now so I have none to give ... The people are getting kidnapped and killed daily but we don't seem to have a solution yet.

They killed a general the other day and like miracle all the perps have been arrested .... That shows you how effective our police force can be but when they don't see reason to take the risk for the sake of the nation knowing fully well that if they die for Nigeria, thier family will suffer ... If nah you nkoh?

The Nigerian fish is rotten but it is always traced to the head.

3 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by tiswell(m): 9:58am On Jul 23
North and attacks are one and the same
Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Promismike(m): 9:59am On Jul 23
Imagine what positive impact this we have in our country if every politician is attached by its people.

These people are criminals.
Someone who does not have couple of millions in his account and assets all of a sudden starts buying houses and asset and millions of dollars are now in his account immediately he occupies a political position. The worse part is the same people he steals from hails and protect him for giving them crumbs from what he stole.

Africa needs self deliverance from stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Didijiji: 9:59am On Jul 23
small small e go go round
Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by illicit(m): 10:00am On Jul 23
Who Emir help
Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by malware: 10:04am On Jul 23
Max24:

Nothing is obvious, bro, the thing is sharply divided along political lines, with NNPP members showing support for Sanusi amd their APC counterparts supporting Bayero. It is just an unfortunate situation that will turn the traditional stool into a 4-year tenureship, depending on the party ruling the State. Brothers brought this destruction to their heritage.

1 Like

Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by Otulented: 10:05am On Jul 23
Am loving this ahswearugaud
Re: Mob Attacks Kano Lawmaker, Abdul-Majid Umar, At Event Attended By Bayero by JikSneh: 10:06am On Jul 23
H

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hunger Protest Loses Steam As DSS Grills Seven Foreigners / Army Arrests Many Dislodged Boko Haram Suspects In Lagos / Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.