Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,243 members, 7,936,810 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:32 AM

Is Opening A Barber's Shop A Worst Investment? Share your experiences - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Opening A Barber's Shop A Worst Investment? Share your experiences (219 Views)

She's Dark, Beautiful And A Female Barber (Photos, Video) / 10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market? / Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Opening A Barber's Shop A Worst Investment? Share your experiences by chatinent: 3:39pm On Jul 23
Not me personally but my friend who opened a saloon with approximately ₦6m (interior designs and equipment) has just sold it for a meagre ₦1.1m.

His experience: the barbers he employed are inconsistent and not truthful. After employment, they give notice of Jamb admissions and leave or relocation. One of them went a street close to his and opened his own saloon, roping in the fewer customers gathered over the year.

It also proved the fact customer loyalty are to barbers not even the shop.

I once considered investing in it but after his experience, I am scared. How can you prolly invest with a capital of ₦6m and sell ₦1.1?

You'd think he met bad buyers. But the truth is that every buyer was pricing within this range. I watched a guy online also talking about this issue and it's true.

What's your say?

cc: mynd44 Nlfpmod

Re: Is Opening A Barber's Shop A Worst Investment? Share your experiences by chatinent: 3:40pm On Jul 23
Share your experiences ✌️
Re: Is Opening A Barber's Shop A Worst Investment? Share your experiences by XOGBADO(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23
From experience, any business you won't be actively involved has a 70 percent chance of failing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Opening A Barber's Shop A Worst Investment? Share your experiences by sleek214(m): 4:20pm On Jul 23
Your friend does not know what is called Business Management.... There's Johnny Barbers and GMG in Abuja. He should go and learn how to manage a Barbershop. I intend opening one soon. It's a very lucrative business

1 Like

Re: Is Opening A Barber's Shop A Worst Investment? Share your experiences by Laird(m): 9:02pm On Jul 23
If You dont intend to run a business yourself, Never open a business with low barriers to entry

Or a business that can be run on a small scale

Focus on high scale business

1 Like

Re: Is Opening A Barber's Shop A Worst Investment? Share your experiences by AngelSlay: 10:26am On Jul 24
XOGBADO:
From experience, any business you won't be actively involved has a 70 percent chance of failing.
100%

(1) (Reply)

Apply Now: Accenture Africa’s Top 30 Tech Start-ups Competition 2018 / Kiplinger Fellowship In Digital Media 2019 | Apply Now Before Deadline / Project Topics And Materials Available Www.researchclue.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.