Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:01 AM

Don't Be Afraid Of Failing (2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Be Afraid Of Failing (2) (90 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be Afraid Of Failing (2) by Btruth: 5:42am On Jul 24
Don’t be afraid of failing (2)

Wed, 24 Jul 2024

‘I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the Gospel!’ 1 Corinthians 9:16

Let’s take another look at how to conquer the fear of failure.

1) Pursue your God-given purpose in life. To truly succeed at something, you must have a passion for it. And God will not only reveal to you His purpose, He will give you a passion to pursue it. Paul had the gift, education, and connections to pursue a number of different careers. But he wrote, ‘For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the Gospel!’ (1 Corinthians 9:16 NIV) What do you feel passionately about? Study it; it’s a clue to your destiny.

2) Ask yourself these three questions:

a) ‘What’s the worst that can happen if I don’t succeed?’ You will still have God, your talents, your family, and other opportunities.

b) ‘Has this ever been done before?’ Even if not, so what?

c) ‘Is this fear a signal that I don’t have the proper people, processes, or plans in place to succeed at this time?’

Then ask the really big question: ‘What are the benefits I will enjoy if I succeed?’ Have a can-do attitude. Look your fear in the face and boldly assert: ‘I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me’ (Philippians 4:13 KJV). Don’t let the familiarity of this Scripture cause you to recite it by rote. Say it out loud. Really absorb the words; get them into your spirit. Know that Christ strengthens you to succeed for the glory of God. Know that when He guides you, He provides you with all that you need to succeed in whatever He has called you to do.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Failing (2) by Alexb76: 10:57am On Jul 24
Here https://howfastamigoing.net/ that allows users to measure their real-time speed using GPS. The tool displays speed in meters per second (m/s), kilometers per hour (km/h), or miles per hour (mph). It's useful for activities like running, biking, or driving, providing accurate and immediate speed readings.

(1) (Reply)

You Use To Be Rich And Now Broke And You Always Thinking ? / Interrogating Upsurge Of Neo-paganism Among Youths By Valentine Obienyem / Miracle Water? Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Secret For Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.