Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,234 members, 7,936,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:43 PM

Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria (16470 Views)

Dangote To Renovate MKO Abiola Stadium / The Time It Would Take Dangote To Pay Off His ₦792m Bugatti Veyron / Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:46am On Jul 24
At this point, i am left with the feeling that none of this would be happening if Atiku was the president of Nigeria
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by jpmoriarti(m): 8:46am On Jul 24
When you have made years and years of bad decisions, Nigeria is your answer. There is no other result you can have apart from this present Nigeria. If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.

It is quite difficult to know how things can turn around.
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Emmy000seun(m): 8:47am On Jul 24
One man food is another man poison... I don't understand the kind of plan the government have for the country..maybe they want to grind the country to 0'level..
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-amid-attacks-in-nigeria-gabon-invites-dangote-to-explore-business-opportunities/
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by malali: 8:48am On Jul 24
You cant shakara us with Gabon.
The honey you have been licking in Nigeria made you the richest black man in the world.

You are a finessing Oligarch.
Everybody knows that.

Lucky to have had so many administration in your pockets.
This is the first time he is hitting a real speed bump.

Largest refinery without 1 single Niger-Delta ownership.
Dangote its time to relax and count your blessings.

Open a refinery in Gabon too.
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by LeeSmart: 8:48am On Jul 24
Dangote daht almost every body was vilifying for monopoly is all of a sudden being supported.

3 Likes

Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Tflex01: 8:48am On Jul 24
oluseyiforjesus:
It will never be well with dos frustrating Dangote

Calm down. Everything will soon be resolved.

We all love Dangote.
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Chetas81(m): 8:48am On Jul 24
CONGRATULATIONS TO DANGOTE,AS SO CALLED NIGERIAN CITIZENS NEVER HAVE VALUE, THEY ALSO DON'T EMBRACED VALUE
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Tflex01: 8:49am On Jul 24
LeeSmart:
Dangote daht almost every body was vilifying for monopoly is all of a sudden being supported.

It's the nature of our politics. 😀

We call it dark politics. cool
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Deefirm: 8:50am On Jul 24
You see them, by their name you'll know where they're from, they always have this mentality of we are the ones helping them or giving them the platform to grow, bringing successful people down is always their game.

AdesegunSanni89:
Dangote carry your monopoly to Garbon. Nigeria has subsidized you enough.
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by kenn4rill(m): 8:54am On Jul 24
This country government and bad policies have really taken us backward, I wonder how other potential investors with be thinking about this.

And the most surprising thing about all this is that they still have supporters everywhere.

I just want to know why this protest won't hold because. And for our Yoruba neighbors, not because your tribal man is now in power and you feel that you don't want to get involved by joining the masses to show solidarity, the leadership won't remain with you for ever, after 3 or 7 years it will rotate.

I just want my south south people to see and learn because it will surely rotate to us someday.
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by chidiokay: 8:54am On Jul 24
AdesegunSanni89:
Dangote carry your monopoly to Garbon. Nigeria has subsidized you enough.

weyrey suffering no dey taya you ...
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Lavor234: 8:55am On Jul 24
Can he behave the way he is behaving with Gabon? I read one of the paid nairalaid pay per post people say that he cannot compete with subsidided fuel so essentially government should stop paying fuel subsidy so that Dangote will succeed and we will pay more for fuel.

I want to ask Dangote, how much is he going to sell his fuel to us?
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Anguldi(m): 8:55am On Jul 24
Judolisco:
9ja na still him biggest market... To me if dangote refinery can serve the whole nation, then importation should stop... D only ish I have is dangote buying crude oil abroad to refine in Nigeria.... Dem say buhari Don use our untapped crude oil to take collect loan.....

If person reason Nigeria matter sometimes person fit mad oh
💯
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Available9: 8:55am On Jul 24
Will Gabon give him free crude ?
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by dkidd: 8:58am On Jul 24
AqualinaXYZ:
People never learn

If you’re seeing this and you’ve millions for investment please and please don’t invest in Nigeria you’ll cry blood

Otedola even advised Dangote not to invest in Nigeria but Dangote thought it was going to be business as usual

PLEASE DONT INVEST IN NIGERIA IT WILL BE A HUGE LOSS
1000%
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by seunH: 8:59am On Jul 24
AqualinaXYZ:
People never learn

If you’re seeing this and you’ve millions for investment please and please don’t invest in Nigeria you’ll cry blood

Otedola even advised Dangote not to invest in Nigeria but Dangote thought it was going to be business as usual

Then you will later complain blame the government for unemployment
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Olichoke: 8:59am On Jul 24
This is a serious matter.
Why is our own government frustrating us?
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by udemzyudex(m): 9:01am On Jul 24
Judolisco:
9ja na still him biggest market... To me if dangote refinery can serve the whole nation, then importation should stop... D only ish I have is dangote buying crude oil abroad to refine in Nigeria.... Dem say buhari Don use our untapped crude oil to take collect loan.....

The only issue? Una sell crude to him and he no buy?
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Elzazzi: 9:07am On Jul 24
Judolisco:

Buhari did Nigeria dirty big time

1 Like

Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by egoldman(m): 9:09am On Jul 24
Shall we blame PETER OBI 🤔🤔
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by amazingspiderma: 9:11am On Jul 24
The Nigeria Project.

What a Project ?

See how people celebrate capital flight.
People play politics without understanding consequences.

Ford started car manufacturer as a monopoly, then others followed in America.

Tata industries did the same in India.

Aramco, oil company of Saudi Arabia.

MTN played a huge role in developing the telecommunications industry.

Monopoly is meant to be a building phase. It is might prevent competition temporary but it transfers needed skills for critical sectors and reduces reliance on external factors.
Monopoly is the first phase of industrialization.
There was a time when only Coca-Cola was the dominating drink, the came PepsiCo.

My point is,the absence of an indigenous refinery means there are very few or almost little number of indigenous petrochemical engineers practicing, yet we have people studying these courses in the universities across almost all geopolitical location.

What do we do with them, when they graduate.

Do we turn our industrial complexes to museums for the unborn generation.

The manufacturing sector is an indication of a nation's development.

Taxation comes at the end of value chain not at the beginning.

But here in Nigeria, people pay taxes before setting up manufacturing processes, hence the high price of entry. Typical example is building a house in Lagos. It is a hurdle.

Manufacturing before taxation makes commerce cheaper, but taxation before manufacturing makes commerce expensive.

We are creating more poor people out of critical workforce i.e. graduates. There is no upward mobility of income for even an average graduate anymore. This is why everyone is moving out.

There were days where graduates buy cars after six months of resuming work. Now people work for years without pension.

We are losing the race against income inequality, security, food security, health and industrialization.

The Nigerian dream is looking like a nightmare for some.

People need to learn from history.
People are growing impatient.
There is a threshold to tolerance.
200 million angry people will be impossible for any system to handle if they insist.

We are not at war, we should not be starving

I rest my case, a word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Ventura1: 9:12am On Jul 24
Dangote business cannot thrive elsewhere with the way he runs it in Nigeria. Will he tell Gabon government to prohibit importation of cement or fuel because he's producing them in their country?
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by dival247(m): 9:15am On Jul 24
Karma is a bitch , dang Ite and the government destroyed our country , and the banking system , let them fight their self , on the underage children will not understand ask the elders they tell u what u need to know about this country
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Naz34(m): 9:16am On Jul 24
AqualinaXYZ:
People never learn

And you think you are making sense. Advicibg people not to invest in their own country. You sound very aweful & disoriented
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by dival247(m): 9:17am On Jul 24
We brought dangote shares he scanned us
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Akaegwu(m): 9:21am On Jul 24
AdesegunSanni89:
Dangote carry your monopoly to Garbon. Nigeria has subsidized you enough. Let other businessmen also grow.
e diot
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Demayour: 9:29am On Jul 24
AdesegunSanni89:
Dangote carry your monopoly to Garbon. Nigeria has subsidized you enough. Let other businessmen also grow.

Are you talking about a country that is choking because it has to subsidise imported fuel since it cannot refine its own fuel despite being one of the biggest crude oil producers in Africa? Are you talking about a country where the teeming youth population are unemployed because the industries to absolve them are too few? Are you talking about the same country that have more firms leave its shores in the past few years than it has gained in more than 10 years?
If you're talking about the same country, then you're likely not well-informed or you're just one of the enemies of the country.

1 Like

Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 9:33am On Jul 24
udemzyudex:

The only issue? Una sell crude to him and he no buy?
crude oil no dey to buy sef
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Goodman247: 9:35am On Jul 24
AqualinaXYZ:
People never learn

your country is still your country, let us build Nigeria and make it great
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Reloadedisraelp: 9:38am On Jul 24
Judolisco:

the problem Dy b say if them stop importation nnpc nor go see food chop again grin ,as for the crude oil.... Them don use them collect loan they cannot pay....and the new crooks still Dy collect more..so no hope,na to sell the country remains for them

2 Likes

Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Image123(m): 9:40am On Jul 24
Stories.
Re: Gabon Invites Dangote To Explore Business Opportunities, Amid Attacks In Nigeria by Babaken(m): 9:49am On Jul 24
AqualinaXYZ:
People never learn

imagine what happening to indigenous company the foreign ones will be scared to come in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Lagosians Should Move Their Businesses To Apapa / Directors Of 10 Banks Pocket N6.96bn Allowance, Compensation / Fire Outbreak In Ochanja Market, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.