Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,236 members, 7,936,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:55 PM

Don't Be Afraid Of Failing (3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Be Afraid Of Failing (3) (63 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be Afraid Of Failing (3) by Btruth: 4:39am On Jul 25
Don’t be afraid of failing (3)

Thu, 25 Jul 2024

‘Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.’ Matthew 14:29

The Bible says, ‘"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"’ (Matthew 14:28-31 NIV). When you know that you have prayed, prepared, and planned, you must step out and do it. It’s normal to experience fear when you attempt something you have never done before.

Perhaps you have read the story of Peter’s attempt to walk on the water and judged him a failure. That’s not so.

First, Peter gets an A for being willing to leave his safety zone and do what he had never done before.

Second, he experienced the exhilaration of actually walking on water if for only a fleeting moment; no other disciple could boast of that.

Third, he learned a valuable lesson: focusing on Jesus rather than your circumstances is essential when attempting the impossible.

Fourth, he recognised that his survival depended solely on Jesus. ‘But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, why did you doubt?”’ (Matthew 14:30-31 NIV). Jesus didn’t condemn Peter for failing, He just told him he needed to develop greater faith.

God won’t let you drown in your mistakes. As long as you keep trusting Him, He will keep working with you until you succeed. He is your heavenly Father, and your success is His success!

(1) (Reply)

Good Followership I / Nigerian Christian Movies Free Download / Where Are Your Good Works? (2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.