Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,227 members, 7,936,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:08 PM

Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' (36921 Views)

Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect / Donald Trump Mocked In United Kingdom (Photos) / Melania Trump Mocked Over Her 'Creepy' Christmas White House Decorations (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by lexy2014: 10:03pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

You're wrong. You're spreading misinformation and so focused on being right you aren't even reading the nonsense you write.
You're arguing with the wrong person about this.

This thread is about the Sept 10th debate. You don't even seem to get that fact right.
This is from Kamala herself, who would know.

You reflexively defend Trump and throw your credibility away in the process.

How is his defending Trump the same thing as throwing his credibility away?

How is the dates he gave different from the date on your screenshot?

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by GenFunction: 10:06pm On Jul 26
alsudan:
Trump has the Numbers to take him to the white house, so no need wasting his time on a replacement.

This is even the first time Trump is avoiding debates, unlike one Chicago First Class Economist who discovered and built Lagos from scratch.
That one avoid debate,avoid him duties as president join.Kai,warisdis?
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by damosky12(m): 10:06pm On Jul 26
Thiefobi1:

Dey play

Delete this thing. grin

Reuters! US elections? grin

These wanna be naija americanas sef
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by Zejeed: 10:07pm On Jul 26
Haydens:

Get behind me short Jabez.
E pain you abi🤣🤣🤣 i thought he’s your Lord and personal savior. 2016 was a mistake, the most stupid and moronic incoherent, animalistic, cannibalistic peodophile will never be our president again inugo
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by Ayoefa: 10:08pm On Jul 26
alsudan:
Trump has the Numbers to take him to the white house, so no need wasting his time on a replacement.

This is even the first time Trump is avoiding debates, unlike one Chicago First Class Economist who discovered and built Lagos from scratch.

Rubbish trash post. Trump refused to debate. You are obviously ignorant of the facts.
More importantly, Trump doesn't have the numbers to win. He will just go around crying and wailing after losing like he did previously.
He will claim that he won just like the Agulu packaged fraudster, the Yes Daddy religious fanatical IPOB terrorist cannibal monkey. He will claim that he won without providing any fact to back up his claim.
We the Americans are voting for Harris.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by ijebosb: 10:08pm On Jul 26
lexy2014:

It's a simple question.

Who is the democratic candidate for the presidential election?

There is none yet as there wasn't one when Trump debated Biden.
But again, what does it matter?
Debates used to be set almost a year in advance when there were no nominees.

Jan 20th is inauguration date.
By your argument we can't set that date yet because we don't know who the President will be.
Your argument is silly.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by lexy2014: 10:10pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

By your argument we can't set that date yet because we don't know who the President will be.
Your argument is silly.

I don't need all this irrelevant grammar.

The first words is all I need.

Can you show me the argument you are referring to?
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by ijebosb: 10:10pm On Jul 26
lexy2014:

You are just Bs'ing repeating the same thing.
He keeps reposting things that are objectively false.

If he can't defend his position, he should do what you are doing. smiley
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by Funflipper: 10:11pm On Jul 26
maestroferddi:
Ogbeni, stick to what you know and stop disgracing yourself in a public forum...

JD Vance was chosen to cover the demographic of traditionally white dominated swing states. They cost Hilary the White House in 2016...

GOP strategists have been touting Vance more than three months before he eventually got the nod...

Politics at US level is not for slouches...

Whatever their reasons are for picking him did the campaign no good. He turned out to be the worst VP pick in the history of the United States with a -6 rating.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by CaptainFM1: 10:11pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

1.) One of us doesn't know what they are talking about and it's not me. Parties can do whatever they want as long as it abides by their own rules. They said they are holding the roll call vote on Aug. 1st.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/24/dnc-democrats-kamala-harris-nomination

2.) Let's try this slowly. Trump has backed out of the September 10 debate. That is the debate we are talking about.
September 10 is even after the Dem convention in Aug.
Read that slowly.

I will respond to your No.2)
From all I could gather, the Republicans are ready to debate only a substantive candidate and that's after the Dems have held their convention.

Holding a roll call is not the same thing as the main convention. The point here is why asking for a debate ahead of their convention.

Another thing to note is that even in a scheduled debate anyone can pull out if they so wish. But in this case, the Republicans have only hinged their participation in debate on condition that the Dems formally choose their candidate.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by Mintum: 10:11pm On Jul 26
Nyamiriflathed:

Trump said he will have a debate any time place. He made a smart move to abort on this one. He is no match for Harris in a debate. Even Obama with his excellent oratory skills will struggle if matched up with Kamala Harris.
Stop telling blatant lies, Trump didn't abort any debate with Harris because none was ever agreed to in the first place. He has said he is willing to have more than one debate with Kamala Harris but that will be only after she is confirmed to be the democratic party candidate.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by ijebosb: 10:11pm On Jul 26
lexy2014:

I don't need all this irrelevant grammar.

The first words is all I need.

Can you show me the argument you are referring to?

That irrelevant grammar you are referring to is called an argument.
You should sit with it, it may make you more informed.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by AmalaAtiEwedu: 10:12pm On Jul 26
Ojiofor:

Biden is the president and consensus candidate of Democrats until he was forced to step down.
Whenever Haris is nominated as candidate after their convention I am sure Trump will debate and win her.
If Trump can debate and win Hilary Clinton who be Kamala?
If not for college votes, trump would never have been president .

Every candidate he has contested against has gapped him with over 6 million popular votes
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by PepeXKermit: 10:12pm On Jul 26
Nyamiriflathed:
Smart move by the Trump's campaign team. Harris will totally wipe Trump on the floor in a debate.

Trump avoid and abort mission! Copy that!

You can't match up with a former state Attorney General, and not just any American state but the biggest (population wise) and richest state in America - California 😂

Kamala harris wey no fit talk... lol. Trump go chew am lile tigernut.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by ijebosb: 10:13pm On Jul 26
Mintum:

Stop telling blatant lies, Trump didn't abort any debate with Harris because none was ever agreed to in the first place. He has said he is willing to have more than one debate with Kamala Harris but that will be only after she is confirmed to be the democratic party candidate.

Why can't he set the date now and if it's not Harris debate whoever it is?
In fact the Sept. 10th date is after the nominee is chosen.
What's the impediment. Does he think there will never be a Democratic nominee?

You're defending foolishness.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by PepeXKermit: 10:13pm On Jul 26
Nyamiriflathed:

Trump said he will have a debate any time place. He made a smart move to abort on this one. He is no match for Harris in a debate. Even Obama with his excellent oratory skills will struggle if matched up with Kamala Harris.

Lmao. Joker. You are a big joker.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by lexy2014: 10:14pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

You are just Bs'ing repeating the same thing.
He keeps reposting things that are objectively false.

If he can't defend his position, he should do what you are doing. smiley

When were the following questions asked before that you say they're repeated?

Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by Ojiofor: 10:17pm On Jul 26
AmalaAtiEwedu:

If not for college votes, trump would never have been president .

Every candidate he has contested against has gapped him with over 6 million popular votes

Win is win and he will win again.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by AfDapone: 10:17pm On Jul 26
Obrigardo:

Stop this ridiculous ass kissing. There's no 3d move here. No one wants to give the future of their kid into the hands of a rapist who violates children.
I'll rather choose the one who dances with them.

...who dances with them and teach your kids how to fond their private parts and to become gay an lesbians because it is their birth right.

Claps for you until you wake up.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by lexy2014: 10:17pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

That irrelevant grammar you are referring to is called an argument.
You should sit with it, it may make you more informed.

According to you
ijebosb:

Your argument is silly.

Are you saying your argument was silly?

Which argument are you referring to?

Do you even know what you are saying or you are just being emotional?
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by Mintum: 10:17pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

Your argument is silly.
Biden won the democratic party primaries and was literally the candidate of the party elected by the vast majority of the democratic party supporters. Kamala is none of that, she didn't win any primaries and she can only be seen as the candidate when delegates vote for her at the convention. That many party elites endorse you doesn't guarantee that you'll get the votes of delegates. So let the Dems go make her candidacy official then they can come for a debate, trump has already said he is willing to have multiple debates with Kamala Harris if she's the candidate so you guys should stop your gaslighting.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by ijebosb: 10:18pm On Jul 26
CaptainFM1:

I will respond to your No.2)
From all I could gather, the Republicans are ready to debate only a substantive candidate and that's after the Dems have held their convention.

Holding a roll call is not the same thing as the main convention. The point here is why asking for a debate ahead of their convention.

Another thing to note is that even in a scheduled debate anyone can pull out if they so wish. But in this case, the Republicans have only hinged their participation in debate on condition that the Dems formally choose their candidate.

Actually you are wrong.
The main thing is officially electing the nominee.
That is done when the delegates vote. The delegates will vote for Harris on the roll call vote on Aug. 1st instead of the convention this year.
The convention is just window dressing. If it doesn't happen it wouldn't matter.

You are writing all of this to deflect from the fact that Trump won't commit to scheduling a debate in Sept. after the Dem. nominee is selected. Think that through.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by CaptainFM1: 10:20pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

I hope you'll be a man and admit you were wrong.

Don't get it wrong. The right word to use is endorse, not nominate.

And in any case, they can do anything within their party as you said earlier, but the formal nomination will still have to happen at the convention.

See it like this...."You've been dating and courting a lady for 10yrs. Infact, you've had children together and living together. No matter what you do will pronounce you two as husband and wife. That's the power of formal expression.

That's why I said, the right word remains "endorse" until convention.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by Mintum: 10:22pm On Jul 26
Obrigardo:

Stop this ridiculous ass kissing. There's no 3d move here. No one wants to give the future of their kid into the hands of a rapist who violates children.
I'll rather choose the one who dances with them.
The one who dances with them then supports drag shows for kids? Gives schools authority to unilaterally decide to change the sex of kids against their parents wishes? Allows men into your daughters' bathrooms if the men simply decide to "identify" as women? Make we hear word abeg. Also, Trump is not a rapist and your kangaroo court's felony conviction will be overturned on appeal soon.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by maestroferddi: 10:22pm On Jul 26
Funflipper:

Whatever their reasons are for picking him did the campaign no good. He turned out to be the worst VP pick in the history of the United States with a -6 rating.
Grow some sense and quit reading and viewing trash packaged as news reports.

That dude is a president in the making.

Mark this spot...
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by ijebosb: 10:23pm On Jul 26
Mintum:

Biden won the democratic party primaries and was literally the candidate of the party elected by the vast majority of the democratic party supporters. Kamala is none of that, she didn't win any primaries and she can only be seen as the candidate when delegates vote for her at the convention. That many party elites endorse you doesn't guarantee that you'll get the votes of delegates. So let the Dems go make her candidacy official then they can come for a debate, trump has already said he is willing to have multiple debates with Kamala Harris if she's the candidate so you guys should stop your gaslighting.

Wrong again.

Delegates to the election are selected by the number of votes during the primary. The delegates Biden won, pledged their support to the Biden. They can change their vote. Kamala reached out to them and she got enough of Biden pledged delegates to pledge to support her. She is just as much the presumptive nominee as Biden was.

The US system is quirky, but it is what it is.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by Okhuadams(m): 10:24pm On Jul 26
alsudan:

That same Chicago man is far more better than you . Relax on your frustration. Least you develop migraine
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by ijebosb: 10:24pm On Jul 26
CaptainFM1:

Don't get it wrong. The right word to use is endorse, not nominate.

And in any case, they can do anything within their party as you said earlier, but the formal nomination will still have to happen at the convention.

See it like this...."You've been dating and courting a lady for 10yrs. Infact, you've had children together and living together. No matter what you do will pronounce you two as husband and wife. That's the power of formal expression.

That's why I said, the right word remains "endorse" until convention.

Listen, I am telling you. I am in the know. You are not telling me how to see it.
You are learning this on the fly by me, trying to explain to me what it is. Chai.
Nigerians sometimes.

The formal nomination will happen before the convention. They are doing it because some Republican states were threatening to keep them off the ballot if they didn't do it early. Ohio set the date for Aug. 7th.

Here is a good source.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kamala-harris-campaign-dnc-virtual-roll-call/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=520850060

Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by CaptainFM1: 10:30pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

Actually you are wrong.
The main thing is officially electing the nominee.
That is done when the delegates vote. The delegates will vote for Harris on the roll call vote on Aug. 1st instead of the convention this year.
The convention is just window dressing. If it doesn't happen it wouldn't matter.

You are writing all of this to deflect from the fact that Trump won't commit to scheduling a debate in Sept. after the Dem. nominee is selected. Think that through.

The Republican party made a conditional statement which is not too difficult to fulfill. .......We will consider debate after you come up with your substantive candidate after your convention.

Don't get things wrong, even after the roll/roster call endorsement, they still have a whooping 3weeks to change candidates if they want.

It's all politics they both playing anyway. But Dems own seems dirtier and tricky knowing fully well that whomever they endorse on Aug 1st may still not be the substantive candidate.
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by maestroferddi: 10:31pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

Huh?

He pulled out of the Sept. scheduled debate.
She would be the nominee at that point.
Why would he pull out of a scheduled debate that would happen when she is the nominee?
Think through it.
You are NOT thinking enough...

Why would Trump help the Democrats sort out their chaos?

We are talking about a serious contest here and not a competition to please everybody...
Re: Donald Trump Mocked After Backing Out Of Kamala Harris Debate: 'scared' by CaptainFM1: 10:33pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

Listen, I am telling you. I am in the know. You are not telling me how to see it.
You are learning this on the fly by me, trying to explain to me what it is. Chai.
Nigerians sometimes.

The formal nomination will happen before the convention. They are doing it because some Republican states were threatening to keep them off the ballot if they didn't do it early. Ohio set the date for Aug. 7th.

Here is a good source.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kamala-harris-campaign-dnc-virtual-roll-call/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=520850060

My fingers are tired with your back and forth. I should leave you with it now.

What happens to Nigerians?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Putin Attends Christmas Service With Families Of Fallen Soldiers (Photos) / Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) / US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.