Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,969 members, 7,936,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 01:20 AM

Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits (30500 Views)

Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures / Lagos Govt Begins Demolition Of Distressed Buildings In Ebute-Metta / Lagos Govt Releases Official Figures Of Persons That Died In Collapsed Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by Sapasenator: 10:10pm On Jul 27
raskymonojendor:

It's not by force to live in Lagos. Just as it's not by force for me to live in New York or Toronto, when there is Atlanta or Houston.

Toronto and New York are different countries my friend. Nigerians are free to live anywhere within the same country and so, your analogy is lame.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by MaziObinnaokija: 10:10pm On Jul 27
grin
Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by IbeOkehie: 10:11pm On Jul 27
grin grin grin

Good Luck to Lagosians!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by GeneralOjukwu: 10:12pm On Jul 27
cheesy grin

"Lagos is No Man's Land."

If them born ya papa well... go and tell LASG that. grin

Na una Eze still dey chop KiriKiri beans. grin

The same message UK & USA have for immigrants is what Lagos is saying.

" You cant leave your shiithole home to disturb us. Go back to your homes and fix it."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by Abagworo(m): 10:14pm On Jul 27
The message is that people should stop building in Lagos but the deaf will never hear. Come to Port Harcourt, Owerri, Uyo and Asaba and earn an honest living devoid of everyday harassment. These cities have better standard of living than Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by CHIDINMALOVE: 10:16pm On Jul 27
Wahala
Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by juliuscaesar(m): 10:18pm On Jul 27
In a sane country, this can not happen. Cleaning of house should start with the employees of whatever organization is in charge of issuing the permits. After that, an audit needs to be done, to see those that were approved outside of the master plan. Then the government can contact the builders affected and have them reapply or stick the the original master plan. Canceling the permit of every builder is like punishing all drivers because a few were driving dangerously.

This is why I have not invested a dime back home. All my investment properties are here, in the US, where I know stuff like this can not happen.

The builders need to get a lawyer and sue the lagos state government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by GeneralOjukwu: 10:20pm On Jul 27
EmeeNaka:
Lagos state government are the most extortionate of all state government in Nigeria. They are guilty of fraud and insensitive behaviour. The residents has ignore them all along.

There are 5 states in the East that aren't " extortionate". Go and stay there.

Unfortunately, they are shiity pit latrines that even the indigenes flee from. Only the poor and illiterate stay there.

Example- Peter Obi ran away after 8 years to live in the Lagos you just insulted. Obiano ran away to Texas.

Added advantage. You hide under beds every Mondays.

Go to any of the 5 states.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by Front0lane: 10:20pm On Jul 27
It is only you Igbos that will have one imaginary no existent foolish man that is contravening the law around your father's house. If you are asked to provide prove of your senseless foolish claim you will disappear into think air.

kcprince:
If this is true na wahala o. I think they should face only those that don’t invite them for stage certification.

One influential man who is building near my site has never invited these people to come and inspect his construction and funny enough it has never been sealed. They should find a way to make everybody follow the laid down procedure rather than looking at your political status.

Overall lagos is doing a good job in building supervision but there is room for improvement

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by HopeGying: 10:34pm On Jul 27
why did they approved them in the first place without proper assessment? Nincomp00lp f00lz !

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by EmeeNaka: 10:35pm On Jul 27
GeneralOjukwu:

There are 5 states in the East that aren't " extortionate". Go and stay there.

Unfortunately, they are shiity pit latrines that even the indigenes flee from. Only the poor and illiterate stay there.

Example- Peter Obi ran away after 8 years to live in the Lagos you just insulted. Obiano ran away to Texas.

Added advantage. You hide under beds every Mondays.

Go to any of the 5 states.
Lagos is no man's land.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by GeneralOjukwu: 10:38pm On Jul 27
EmeeNaka:
Lagos is no man's land.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by BigBashiru: 10:45pm On Jul 27
RZArecta:
Revalidation in this context will surely mean paying the same fees all over again rather than these officials actually doing their jobs and going into the field for impromptu regular inspections. Revenue generation beats saving lives once again cool

Policy somersault

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by BigBashiru: 10:56pm On Jul 27
juliuscaesar:
In a sane country, this can not happen. Cleaning of house should start with the employees of whatever organization is in charge of issuing the permits. After that, an audit needs to be done, to see those that were approved outside of the master plan. Then the government can contact the builders affected and have them reapply or stick the the original master plan. Canceling the permit of every builder is like punishing all drivers because a few were driving dangerously.

This is why I have not invested a dime back home. All my investment properties are here, in the US, where I know stuff like this can not happen.

The builders need to get a lawyer and sue the lagos state government.

The average Nigerian lacks planning and those in government arent immune to this tendency. Policy somersault is due to lack of planning and knee jerk reactions.

Secondly poor work ethic. The issue is that office failed to carry out random inspections of work sites.

Finally the black man is easily bought with bribes and special favours.

These 3 factors are a dangerous combination and makes it unwise to invest in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by kcprince: 11:08pm On Jul 27
Front0lane:
It is only you Igbos that will have one imaginary no existent foolish man that is contravening the law around your father's house. If you are asked to provide prove of your senseless foolish claim you will disappear into think air.

May God heal you in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by JeffArmani234: 11:11pm On Jul 27
raskymonojendor:

It's not by force to live in Lagos. Just as it's not by force for me to live in New York or Toronto, when there is Atlanta or Houston.

So who says he’s living in lagos?
Besides what he said is the gospel truth
Agberos are everywhere on d mainland extorting people, making transportation fairs higher than it supposed to be!! Is it how it’s done in ur so called Toronto, or Atlanta? You’re just showing how tribalistic you are by spewing that trash

Tribalism has finished this country, the real protest should be divide Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by greggng: 11:12pm On Jul 27
Another way to continue milking the masses . How can you explain the fact that an organisation issue certificate ad now wznt to revoke it?...Thst means they are only interested in the money .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by IbnB: 11:31pm On Jul 27
NwaNimo1:

https://dailynigerian.com/lagos-govt-revokes-existing/

Someone should take these stupid bastards to court

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by Christistruth00: 11:41pm On Jul 27
NwaNimo1:

https://dailynigerian.com/lagos-govt-revokes-existing/

Awa la ni Eko

This is Raw Power on display

Power rules over money

And Power can useless Money

Just one Pronouncement from Gentle Sanwo Olu and money bites the dust

There will be much gnashing of teeth in Lagos tonight

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by Yankee101: 11:46pm On Jul 27
This is madness
Will they pay again?
Cos we all know Lagos knows nothing but taxes and revenues

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by Christistruth00: 11:50pm On Jul 27
EmeeNaka:
Lagos is no man's land.

Tell that to Sanwo Olu

Who has revoked all building Certificates in Lagos

Face it, Ipob Cannot save you neither can your Politicians

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by Christistruth00: 11:57pm On Jul 27
JohnAOne:
Very good.

If dem born YOUR PAPA WELL, go and tell LASG that "Lagos is no mans land".

God continue to bless Lagos.

God bless YORUBALAND.

AMEN!
Sanwo Olu just delivered the " Lagos is no man's" Campaign a complete knockout.
Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by toprealman: 12:02am On Jul 28
The name alone, Lagos State Building Ciollapse tells you how crazy the shii is.
Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by toprealman: 12:04am On Jul 28
immortalcrown:
Does this revalidation mean that the builders will pay more money for another approval of the same projects? If yes, your aim is not to save lives but to scam builders. But if the revalidation is at no extra cost, you are doing well.

But wait oh! Are you saying that you were incompetent when you gave the initial approval? grin

Good! But, will you inspect completed buildings before issuing the certificate or will you just sit in your office and collect money to give out the certificate?
What you t means?
Google ethnic cleansing.
Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by zumbigbo(m): 12:32am On Jul 28
Trust a Nigerian builder at your peril.

You better check cement, check sand, check block, count and monitor on site, every minute of every day - as the site foreman will steal, labourer go steal, gateman go steal.

End time mentalities
Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by Xkonzult: 12:41am On Jul 28
raskymonojendor:

Oga ...I get u ...pls face front...ur (Atlanta/Houston)
Nitori olohun oba ....jor baba mi....long distance... economic relationship is not allowed....sir

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by 0bjpmb: 12:41am On Jul 28
Always trying to attach Owerri everywhere. Owerri is a village, the only business that thrive in Owerri is okada, keke, brothel and commercial sex hawking. You can earn a decent wage living in Owerri. Most imo indigenes in igboland live in either Onitsha or Enugu. There’s nothing happening in Owerri, no reasonable investor goes to Owerri, even imo indigenes prefer to invest in Anambra than their state . Stop always deceiving yourself

Abagworo:
The message is that people should stop building in Lagos but the deaf will never hear. Come to Port Harcourt, Owerri, Uyo and Asaba and earn an honest living devoid of everyday harassment. These cities have better standard of living than Lagos
Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by 43Ronin: 1:02am On Jul 28
SangoOlukosoOba:
Any investor should be scared of Lagos

Been having thoughts of building a race course in the state, but I don’t want to die of hypertension. I don’t want to wake up one morning and the government will tell me my investment is blocking a proposed road.
They will extort you at all development levels of the race course that you will spend twice the cost in building it. Go to Kano if you wana build a race course you can get cheap horses there, cheap labor to maintain the horses and course and you will be loved by the people there. Can you see they charged dangote $100m for a land that is not worth 50m naira?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by Father4all: 1:02am On Jul 28
This is how they generate money by taking it from residents by force. What a shame

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Revokes All Existing Building Permits by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:23am On Jul 28
Hope they do same for Alausa secretary dilapidated construction s angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Kicked Out By Landlord For Changing Girlfriends Too Often In South Africa / If I’m Collecting ₦250k, I Won’t Be In That Place Again – Underbridge Landlord / My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.