Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,098 members, 7,963,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:29 PM

Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business (204 Views)

Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips / Obi Cubana: Despite The Challenges Of November, 2021 Remains Our Best Year Ever / Unlocked 3g Mtn Modem Isn't Recognized On 4g Airtel Sim. What Do I Do Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business by delmus(m): 10:19am On Jul 28
I woke up yesterday to discover that my MTN SIM card is barred from receiving and making of calls, This is a line I've been using since 2005, I have upgraded the SIM to 4g about a year or two years ago, what's so annoying is their is no proper notification to that effect, all of a sudden they just barred the lines of people Saturday morning. I even take step to rectify it, I went to a nearby MTN office, they verify after sometime they said they could not find my picture after providing my NIN. They said I should go to their main branch office of which the queue there is out of this world. This has caused a lot of harm to my biz. This is not the time to add to the frustration of Nigerians by creating hardship. You can also share your experience as to what you are going through concerning this.
Re: Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business by fullnetwork: 10:27am On Jul 28
The sad part is that the other network providers are very unserious. Else, I would have moved on. Just discovered like 39 mins ago. Using the red guys for now.
Re: Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business by kelechi50: 10:40am On Jul 28
God bless Nigeria with a working organization that will put people's inconvenience at heart and not like MTN that didn't consider the consequences of their actions.
Yesterday I woke up to make calls as usual only to hear that you're barred.
Re: Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business by JAOS(m): 10:58am On Jul 28
same thing they did to me.
op dial *996# then click on the "update sim info" that should be option 5,then click on "accept" to give consent with nin biodata then wait for confirmation.
@delmus

2 Likes

Re: Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business by Dragunz: 2:25pm On Jul 28
JAOS:
same thing they did to me.
op dial *996# then click on the "update sim info" that should be option 5,then click on "accept" to give consent with nin biodata then wait for confirmation.
@delmus

The response I got after pressing 5 was, "Dear customer, consent for SIM Registration Update is not required by your line at this time"

1 Like

Re: Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business by JAOS(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28
Dragunz:

The response I got after pressing 5 was, "Dear customer, consent for SIM Registration Update is not required by your line at this time"
OK choose the option that says " link nin" first then input your nin and summit.
after you come back to the option 5 and give the consent for update

1 Like

Re: Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business by Dragunz: 3:24pm On Jul 28
JAOS:

OK choose the option that says " link nin" first then input your nin and summit.
after you come back to the option 5 and give the consent for update

So this is what I got as response, "Dear Customer, thank you for
the consent provided. Your SIM
registration details will be updated
with your NIN Biodata. Thanks for
choosing MTN"

How long to wait?
Re: Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business by JAOS(m): 3:31pm On Jul 28
Dragunz:

So this is what I got as response, "Dear Customer, thank you for the consent provided. Your SIM registration details will be updated with your NIN Biodata. Thanks for choosing MTN"

How long to wait?
within 24 hours

2 Likes

Re: Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business by Dragunz: 9:02am On Jul 29
JAOS:

within 24 hours

Thanks man, them dun free me.
Re: Barred Sim What Are The Challenges To Your Business by JAOS(m): 9:56am On Jul 29
Dragunz:

Thanks man, them dun free me.
you are welcome

(1) (Reply)

Stop Wasting Money On Ads That Don’t Work—create Videos That Click! / I Am Just Thinking � What If All Nigerians Decide Not To Buy Petroleum Products / Bring Your Paypal Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.