Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,485 members, 7,961,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:13 AM

Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter (39930 Views)

Let Lecturers Breathe Do Not Suffocate Us, ASUU Tells Tinubu / Tinubu's Daughter, Folashade Ojo Appointed Pro-chancellor, Havilla University / Don’t Handle Education Like Buhari, ASUU Tells Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Smithwilliams826: 9:23pm On Jul 29
Toluwanise247:

Wait until his arrest
looks like you're living backward, how many times Dem don arrest am now? wait until his arrest... Dem Neva arrest am B4... Dum
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Calitoscassius(m): 9:48pm On Jul 29
Toluwanise247:

Wait until his arrest
Arrest him for what? He is still a hero even if he is arrested. But why would he be arrested? undecided
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Fujiyama: 9:52pm On Jul 29
Pastoshizzy:
He's asking for it.
He just might get it worse than his lawyers can ever imagine.
VeryDumbMan.

^^^
grin

He's asking for what?

Did he defame anyone? Did he slander anyone? Can he be accused of libel?

Some of us don't know much about social media influencers...and I understand that he may very well change his tune tomorrow. But what he said is true and it stands independent of him as a person.

This woman brought her father into the discussion and this darkman fellow engaged her with exactly the same kind of language she used. Where does this woman get off telling people they shouldn't assess her father until he has spent 3 years in office? undecided
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Fujiyama: 10:09pm On Jul 29
Angelfrost:
That's disrespectful coming from VDM... He should be more careful with his Choice of words.

^^^
Being 'careful' with words is part of what got us here in the first place.

In fact, 'words' are an even bigger part of what put us in this mess to begin with. We waste time with words when action is what's needed. If more Nigerians took their civic duty with the seriousness it deserves, would BAT have gotten up to 7 votes in any election? He was never the right man for the job.

This darkman fellow is blunt and that isn't a crime. He may yet fall short tomorrow but for now, what he has said resonates with the public. For God's sake, what business do Nigerians even have with this woman? She wasn't elected by Nigerians to any office. Why should anyone (apart from Lagos market women) care what she thinks? undecided
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by chimaology92: 10:13pm On Jul 29
Nigeria,a country where the three arms of government are cartel,we are in a long trouble..we will survive.
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by PAQ(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29
otherway:
Lol!

Tinubu mean well for Nigeria and that was why he hijacked the election to become president by force.

Unfortunately, he does not have the quality of a leader.

He is arrogant and extremely proud, he listens to nobody and he probably thought he can run Nigeria like a cartel.

Kofoworola Burknor, ogbeni Rauf have all made this known.

How can you foolishly removed subsidy in one swoop and more ridiculous is the fact that there was no where in the speech that he read it.

Was it dementia that affected him cos he was against Jonathan removing subsidy in one swoop.

But as soon as he got sworn in, he did exactly what he advised Jonathan against in 2012

Now Read Tinubu's very own words to Jonathan in 2012.

11 January, 2012

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) national leader and former governor of Lagos State, has accused the Jonathan presidency of betraying its social contract with the people by suddenly removing fuel subsidy.

He, however, provided a window out of the crisis:

if subsidy must be removed at all, it must never be at one fell swoop. Rather it must be on calibrated phrases, on which the promised gains are measured and confirmed before moving to the next phase of removal.

“Government must modify the sudden and complete removal of the subsidy. Either we restore the subsidy or use the funds for other social purposes.

,” Asiwaju Tinubu counselled in a special release he captioned, ‘Removal of oil subsidy – President Jonathan breaks social contract with the people’ and which he personally signed.

“If we are to use the funds for other programmes, these programmes shall be placed on parallel track with the subsidy. As more of these programmes are ready to go on line, then the subsidy can be lifted in phases” he continued. “In this way, the public is assured government will not lower its total expenditure on their behalf, thus maintaining the spirit central to the social contract.”*

But the former governor cautioned the federal government against economic policies that tend to balance the books at the detriment of the people’s welfare.

“As there is progressive politics, there is progressive economics. As there is elitist politics, there is elitist economics,” Asiwaju Tinubu explained. “It all depends on what and who in society government would rather favour.

The Jonathan tax,” he declared, “represents a new standard in elitism.”
But the ACN national leader cautioned the president against being captive to economic orthodoxy and its local purveyors, who always look at the Nigerian economy as nothing until when tied to the apron strings of the conservative orthodoxy.

“Because he is slave to wrong-headed economics,” Asiwaju Tinubu said of President Goodluck Jonathan, “the people will become enslaved to greater misery. This crisis will bear his name and will be his legacy. The people now pay a steep tax for voting him into office.

The removal of the subsidy is the ‘Jonathan tax’,” he insisted. “The situation shows that ideas count more than personalities.

People may occupy office but how that person performs depends on the ideas that occupy his mind
Insisting that the subsidy removal was ill-timed he said there must be some conditions precedent before such a step could be taken

“First government needs to clean up and throw away the salad of corruption in the NNPC [Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation]. Then, proceed to lay the foundation for a mass transit system in the railways and road network with long term bonds and,” he added, “fully develop the energy sector towards revitalising Nigeria’s economy and easing the burden any subsidy removal may have on the people.”

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/01/11/tinubu-jonathan-has-betrayed-the-people/

Iyaloja if you are reading this just know that your father has destroyed Nigeria with his oversabi attitude.

I'm sure mummy can not even correct him cos he believes he is all knowing.

Your father has destroyed Nigeria by doing exactly what he advised against

You are in Aso Rock enjoying and eating quality food and you have the temerity to advise people who are using water melon, cucumber to make stew.

Im trying not to use offensive words on you.

And for the records, I'm not igbo. Omo yoruba gidi ni mi.

The worst part of it all is that the same subsidy he hurriedly removed is now back and bigger cos the FG is still paying subsidy and that is why petrol price has not risen higher than it is presently.

This is the consequence of irrational decision making.

You forgot to add; floating of the Naira.
These are the two things that got us where we are today.
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by benjanny(m): 3:52am On Jul 30
Good
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Shikini: 4:02am On Jul 30
Pastoshizzy:
Tinubu sha! You no go tire.

You never did Government (as a subject) in secondary school or probably didn't have anyone to tell you that Tinubu will not go and arrest VDM for house.

Ignorance can be embarrassing when there's no room to learn. I am able to conclude ignorance is more pronounced in half literate[b]tribalistic prejudiced[/b] individual.

If VDM is your ideal human right activist I can understand your level of intellect.
But then, aren't you lucky..you can read and write.

You guys are laughable, I swear!

Same you supporting an obviously incompetent and thieving leader because of tribalism is now accusing me of same thing you're guilty of.
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Onucs(m): 6:21am On Jul 30
HenryQuest:
All the people campaigning against the protest are rich and influential. They do not and cannot understand the predicament of the common Nigerian at this time. You can’t beat a child and expect the child not to cry.

If Tinubu who is in panic mode over the protest cannot fix the problem of the country what makes anyone think he can when he is not?

Two kids of one of the prominent northern politicians that recently spoke against the protest are my neighbours here in New York. They are chilling on a regular, flexing their father’s money but their father is back home cautioning the downtrodden against exercising their civic rights in the face of poverty and starvation. I just de laugh all the poor lads on this platform siding the government. I just de laugh una.

There’s no single indices to show that this government can fix anything! Absolutely none! It’s only in Nigeria that “things must get bad before they get better”. Don’t believe anybody that tells you that crap! If you can’t improve on things the way you met them, leave it all for another!

🍻
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by UnfairLife7(m): 6:37am On Jul 30
Fearyourcreator:

Like how you said Obi will be sworn in then .. you sabi see rubbish
why are you scared of everybody going their separate ways? You dey chop for government pause?
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by press9jatv: 7:55am On Jul 30
Exactly verydarkman is on point here. The clueless Tinubu government and his cronies are destroying Nigeria economy by the day
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Fearyourcreator: 8:51am On Jul 30
UnfairLife7:
why are you scared of everybody going their separate ways? You dey chop for government pause?
Wetin concern me... Anywhere you like you go ...
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Obierika(m): 11:37am On Jul 30
Calitoscassius:
Everyone is not the same, he is not fearful like some people, this is what real men do. Not social media goons, most naigerian men are hiding behind social media, this guy has balls.

When Tinubu calls him now and make him minister of something then people would say he didn't do anything to gain the job, now he is risking his freedom, some people think he is doing too much.

There is an Igbo adage that goes thus - "Sometimes we stand in the compound of the coward to look at the ruins of the house of the brave man"

Everything no be by too much gragra!
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by UnfairLife7(m): 11:50am On Jul 30
Fearyourcreator:

Wetin concern me... Anywhere you like you go ...
Nigeria will soon divide. Unity beggar
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Fearyourcreator: 12:43pm On Jul 30
UnfairLife7:
Nigeria will soon divide. Unity beggar
I have never wanted igbos
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by UnfairLife7(m): 1:54pm On Jul 30
Fearyourcreator:

I have never wanted igbos
I want them. I love them better than you. I'm not a tribal biggot like you
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Pastoshizzy(m): 2:46pm On Jul 30
Shikini:

You guys are laughable, I swear!

Same you supporting an obviously incompetent and thieving leader because of tribalism is now accusing me of same thing you're guilty of.
Who said anything about support for anyone. It is only an educated mind that can understand an objective argument.
All you people do is just abuse him as if he alone is Nigerian government.
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Pastoshizzy(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30
Fujiyama:

Did he defame anyone? Did he slander anyone? Can he be accused of libel?

Since you're asking ME. I'll refer you to the section 4 of the "hate speech" bill. The prosecutors would easily work with that while Tinubu's daughter is in between air flights.

Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Fujiyama: 8:52pm On Jul 30
Pastoshizzy:
Since you're asking ME. I'll refer you to the section 4 of the "hate speech" bill. The prosecutors would easily work with that while Tinubu's daughter is in between air flights.

^^^
I am not very current on this matter but has this bill actually become law? Or it is still passing through the legislature?
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Pastoshizzy(m): 9:14pm On Jul 30
Fujiyama:

^^^
I am not very current on this matter but has this bill actually become law? Or it is still passing through the legislature?
It's still passing through really. But there are still plenty grounds for the DSS to detain him for questioning. E get as lawyers no too get mouth for some cases... maybe some human right activist.
If DSS grab person, before e go see lawyer dem for don show am sense (physically and psychology).
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Fearyourcreator: 9:46pm On Jul 30
UnfairLife7:
I want them. I love them better than you. I'm not a tribal biggot like you
E be like say your mama na igbo ... E ma shanku po ni
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Fujiyama: 11:32pm On Jul 30
Pastoshizzy:
It's still passing through really. But there are still plenty grounds for the DSS to detain him for questioning. E get as lawyers no too get mouth for some cases... maybe some human right activist.
If DSS grab person, before e go see lawyer dem for don show am sense (physically and psychology).

^^^
The bill was 'stood down' (for want of a better term) because some of its proposed provisions/clauses were nothing short of an outrage. That bill wasn't popular legislation - it was designed to stifle dissent, plain and simple.

I challenge your assertion about the DSS having enough grounds to detain him for questioning. What crime has he committed? undecided

With all the problems Nigeria is facing from rogue herders/bandits/boko haramists etc. and their sponsors, is it a social media influencer (who has spoken truth to power) that the spooks should be concerned about?
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Pastoshizzy(m): 2:55am On Jul 31
Fujiyama:

I challenge your assertion about the DSS having enough grounds to detain him for questioning. What crime has he committed? undecided

that the spooks should be concerned about?
It has not been vetoed either (the bill).

The pedigree of VDMs learnt the very hard way. Social influencing is not in my mental register cause I'm close to my fifties and I still don't know why anyone would wants to become such in life.
VDM can fight for his tenancy rights in Lagos (when hin house rent don due grin ) but not the President and members of his family. They are not directly responsible for every bad happenings in our kitchens.

Everyone heard about your supposedly 'stood down' bill.. it was controversial but with the excessiveness of some of these social media literates the bill will definitely be an enacted bill.
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by UnfairLife7(m): 3:27am On Jul 31
Fearyourcreator:

E be like say your mama na igbo ... E ma shanku po ni
aye e ma run bi guguru ni. Bloody illiterate
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Fearyourcreator: 4:47am On Jul 31
UnfairLife7:
aye e ma run bi guguru ni. Bloody illiterate
Wetin literate about you ... Chasing people online... School no show for your body ... Onijere... Omo wole iya busekun... Oloriburuku omo kekere ..
Alainise omo kekere... You are checking people's activities here ... You no get work noni ... If your life make sense you wont have time checking people here ... Iwo taiye e ti baje ...
You will come and start tagging everywhere here and you think say your life make sense to you... Ori e ti buru patapata ... Na wetin you learn for school be that ... As we are goin into new month ... If you ever tag me again peace will be far from you and your family the number of times you call me out ... Literate thats always calling others out when they give their opinions... If government dey determine your live leave others alone na ... Complain if you wan complain thats your own problems... As for me i have no issues with government... Na you get problems....
If you get work ni you won't be tagging every...
Go do forex or crypto trading... No government go give any of you free money ... Internet is here .. leverage on that and stop crying government failed you ..
Imagine how you dey pursue me around here like i owe your papa money ..
Tomorrow you will blame government again whereas you dey pursue person here dey check him life wasting your time ... Well na how your own literate wan live him life sha...
If you tag me again sorrow no go leave you and your family... Frustrated soul ...
Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Fujiyama: 1:00pm On Jul 31
Pastoshizzy:
It has not been vetoed either (the bill).

^^^
Ok.

It hasn't even been passed yet so we haven't gotten to the 'veto' stage. We'll see how it goes. From what I have seen, the bill (in the form it took for its first reading among lawmakers) is not pro-people legislation. It was a thinly disguised attempt to shut down criticism of government and it should not be allowed to stand.

Pastoshizzy:
The pedigree of VDMs learnt the very hard way. Social influencing is not in my mental register cause I'm close to my fifties and I still don't know why anyone would wants to become such in life.

^^^
Fair enough.

I initially took (and perhaps still hold) a dim view of social media but I recognize it is here to stay, warts and all. If the likes of VDM can use their platforms to hold government accountable and to promote civic responsibility...then social media influencing does have something to offer society.

Pastoshizzy:
VDM can fight for his tenancy rights in Lagos (when hin house rent don due grin ) but not the President and members of his family.

^^^
Not sure what you mean here...?

Pastoshizzy:
Everyone heard about your supposedly 'stood down' bill.. it was controversial but with the excessiveness of some of these social media literates the bill will definitely be an enacted bill.

^^^
I am not against fair and responsible regulation of any space by government. The problem is that this government (just like its predecessors) has no idea what it means.

By all means enact legislation to rein in bloggers and influencers who use their platforms to harrass members of the public. But we all know the real targets of this bill are the advocates of openess and transparency in government.

If the bill does not come back with considerable amendments to its provisions, it will be 'stood down' again before a second reading. The civil society space in Nigeria has actors who will oppose anti-people bills like this.

1 Like

Re: Go And Warn Your Father.. Verydarkman Tells Tinubu's Daughter by Pastoshizzy(m): 3:53pm On Jul 31
Fujiyama:

^^^
Ok.

It hasn't even been passed yet so we haven't gotten to the 'veto' stage. We'll see how it goes. From what I have seen, the bill (in the form it took for its first reading among lawmakers) is not pro-people legislation. It was a thinly designed attempt to shut down criticism of government and it should not be allowed to stand.

^^^
Fair enough.

I initially took (and perhaps still hold) a dim view of social media but I recognize it is here to stay, warts and all. If the likes of VDM can use his platform to hold government accountable and to promote civic responsibility...then social media influencing does have something to offer society.

^^^
Not sure what you mean here...?

^^^
I am not against fair and responsible regulation of any space by government. The problem is that this government (just like its predecessors) has no idea what it means.

By all means enact legislation to rein in bloggers and influencers who use their platforms to harrass members of the public. But we all know the real targets of this bill are the advocates of openess and transparency in government.

If the bill does not come back with considerable amendments to its provisions, it will be 'stood down' again before a second reading. The civil society space in Nigeria has actors who will oppose anti-people bills like this.
You're very correct. I appreciate your enlightenment, it's rare around here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Charles Okpaleke To Sponsor Warri Girl Chased From School Over School Fees / National Open University Of Nigeria In Pictures / Paper Used As Report Card By Adamawa Government Primary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.