Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,653 members, 7,962,134 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

Protest: Thousands March In Abuja, Boo Minister, Block Major Roads, Wike Begs [T - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest: Thousands March In Abuja, Boo Minister, Block Major Roads, Wike Begs [T (287 Views)

Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again / Please Forgive Me, I Made Wrong Choice – Wike Begs Rivers People Over Fubara / Governor Wike Begs Buhari Government: Please Forgive Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Protest: Thousands March In Abuja, Boo Minister, Block Major Roads, Wike Begs [T by Ukpaka: 8:28am On Aug 02
Protest: Thousands march in Abuja, boo minister, block major roads, Wike begs [The Sun]
https://247ureports.com/2024/08/protest-thousands-march-in-abuja-boo-minister-block-major-roads-wike-begs-the-sun/
-
In an effort to ensure it did not escalate into a violence, more trucks of soldiers were deployed to bring the situation under control in order to reopen the road.

Regardless, the defiant protesters forced their way through the Karu Bridge and marched towards Kugbo towards Abuja city centre.

In the meantime, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has again called on those protesting against the President Bola Tinubu administration to come for dialogue, saying the government was ready to listen to and walk them through some governance issues that they might not have been privy to.
Re: Protest: Thousands March In Abuja, Boo Minister, Block Major Roads, Wike Begs [T by aviona: 8:28am On Aug 02
If only majority of Nigerians vote the best candidates during elections, without ethnic bais, just the way detribalized FCT-Abuja votes always reflects, we would not be where we are today. Vote only the best amongst the candidates.

•Why do you think former president Buhari never won in Abuja? Even in polling units around the villa, he couldn't win both in 2015 and in 2019 as incumbent.
• Why do you think a Bola Tinubu could not get as little as 25% of votes across FCT in 2023. Even, the villa he currently occupies, he couldn't win at the polling unit there. They simply manipulated some election results from other parts of the country, thanks to selfish people like Wike of Rivers, Ortom of Benue, Sule of Nasarawa, even Sanwo-Olu of Lagos were he came second, etc.
He simply can't deceive the enlightened people in FCT, as majority don't vote individuals based on ethnic, tribal, or religious sentiments.
The FCT-Abuja residents are just too woke for any chalatant to manipulate with campaign shenanigans.

Once another elections year comes again, some parts of Nigeria become senseless, and get easily deceived by politicians to mortgage their future yet again.
The cyclical movement continues, and this in turn stagnates the progress of a blessed country like Nigeria.

When will Nigeria 🇳🇬 be blessed with true leadership?

2 Likes

Re: Protest: Thousands March In Abuja, Boo Minister, Block Major Roads, Wike Begs [T by Chinkoalhaji34: 9:13am On Aug 02
Wike has always been a man of the people, but this protest just shows how deep the frustration runs.

However, it's crucial to listen to the voices of the citizens. A true leader knows when to rally the troops and when to step back and reflect.

I believe Wike can turn this around, he’s got the vision and the tenacity to transform Abuja. Let’s hope he channels this energy into solutions that uplift everyone.

(1) (Reply)

Kashim Shettima : What If He Decides To Contest In 2027 ? / We Have Not Borrowed Money Since The Commencement Of My Administration—gov.otti / Gov Soludo Has Described As Fake News From Daily Trust about borrowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.