Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,177 members, 7,963,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 08:51 PM

Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir (568 Views)

Akpabio’s Senate Presidency Will Spell Doom For The North – ACF / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Tinubu Made The Right Decision — Yakasai / Adamu Garba: Tinubu Made The Best Choice In Kashim Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by bennybuhari: 10:29am On Aug 06
Akpabio A Clown, Tinubu Made Him Senate President In Order To Control National Assembly – Babachir

A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal has berated the conduct and utterances of the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, saying he is unworthy of his position as Nigeria’s number three man.

Speaking in an interview with TheScrutiny, Babachir described Akpabio as a clown and sycophant who has lots of baggage, especially during his tenure as Minister of Niger Delta.

He said President Bola Tinubu knows the personality and capability of Akpabio which was the reason why he did everything possible to make him Senate President in order to put the National Assembly under the grip of the presidency.

“Let me tell you, Akpabio ab initio is a clown who is now occupying the number three position in Nigeria. You have no opportunity to assess whether he is brilliant or not. He is just a clown and a sycophant, a ‘yes sir’ man”.

“He was governor at a time when Akwa Ibom had stupendous amount of money. So, because he had excess money, he did something with it but I doubt if the money he spent on developing the state is up to one tenth of what the state earned. When they told me Akpabio is the new senate president, I just laughed”.

“When he was made Minister of Niger Delta, he was acting like a clown there too. Look at the scandal that trailed his tenure. If you remember, there was a case when Joy Nunieh, the former NDDC MD said he slapped Akpabio for sexually assaulting her. It was during his period we had the ‘off the mike’ saga”.

“Now tell me, a man like that with loads of baggage is who Tinubu threw his weight behind as senate president. He made him senate president so he can manipulate, control and enslave him in order for the national assembly to be under his grip. The agenda is working and that is why Akpabio cannot tolerate anybody criticising Tinubu today. That was exactly what happened in the case of Ndume”.

Babachir said President Tinubu lacks access to good advice and people like Ndume who are willing to tell him the truth are being denied access to him or punished when they speak out.

“Bola Tinubu has no access to good advice. I know how the system works. When people get the opportunity to see the president, they don’t like offending him by telling him the truth. I can assure you, there are some ministers in this cabinet who only see the president during Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting. They can never have one-on-one meeting with him because the gatekeepers won’t allow them access to the president”.

“I think Tinubu should have listened to Ndume because he (Ndume) was his great supporter. Ndume was on his side. He should have considered what Ndume said and find out really if people are being denied access to him. I was in the presidency so I know how these things work. One or two people who are supposed to grant access to the president usually block it, either because they don’t want you to undermine their own authority or because you refused to bribe them to do it”.

“They know Ndume will tell the president the honest truth about what is going on outside and for that, they won’t allow him access to him”.

https://thescrutinyng.com/2024/08/06/akpabio-a-clown-tinubu-made-him-senate-president-in-order-to-control-national-assembly-babachir/

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by Salewa97: 10:30am On Aug 06
Babachir's comments sound more like a personal vendetta than constructive criticism. Tinubu knows what he’s doing by appointing Akpabio; he’s playing the long game. Leadership is about strategy, and having allies in key positions is essential for progress. Let’s see how this unfolds before passing judgment!

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by EyeCumInPeace: 10:32am On Aug 06
Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by nairavsdollars(f): 10:36am On Aug 06
Nothing personal in what he said. Truth is bitter
Salewa97:
Babachir's comments sound more like a personal vendetta than constructive criticism. Tinubu knows what he’s doing by appointing Akpabio; he’s playing the long game. Leadership is about strategy, and having allies in key positions is essential for progress. Let’s see how this unfolds before passing judgment!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by SmartPolician: 10:37am On Aug 06
Tinubu and Akpabio are a big embarrassment to the educated and enlightened South.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by RighteousDemon: 10:37am On Aug 06
We already knew.
Akpabio is a buffoonish whacko

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by MadamVanessa(f): 10:39am On Aug 06
shocked

Even a child born today knew that was Tinubu aim of making that clown the senate president. A complete clownish stooge.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by kcprince: 10:42am On Aug 06
Tinubu should shun tribalism and controllability and instead pick based on merit. See the kind of people he surrounded himself with.

If I were tinubu I would start looking for how to consult great economist within and outside Nigeria. The country economy is not in the right hands just because he want people without conscience he can control

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by Chinkoalhaji34: 10:45am On Aug 06
Tinubu is just playing chess while some are still figuring out checkers. Akpabio knows the game, unlike Peter Obi who thinks he can win with mere wishes and no strategy.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by DevilsEqual(m): 10:48am On Aug 06
nairavsdollars:
Nothing personal in what he said. Truth is bitter

And how do u know its nothing personal?

Is it because u were with them when the decisions were?

or u just believe your normal beer-parlour gist with 100% assumptions and zero facts?

What do u Northerners have against a Southern SP?

The North has been occupying the SP position since over a decade now, One Southerner enter, e never even reach 18months, Una don dey cry

Rest Aboki. Cause i dont believe any Southerner should have issue seeing a Southerner SP there

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by Dspsalvate: 10:51am On Aug 06
I'm not good at supporting evil though, but if i may ask.... What's the difference between the present national assembly and the one that ended June last year of which by your words you were a key player? Where was the Iroko tree Senate president when buhari was using both Sun lights and lantern to borrow? It's very sad for one to find himself on this part of the globe 🌐

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by MrCork: 10:51am On Aug 06
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Even a child born today knew that was Tinubu aim of making that clown the senate president. A complete clownish stooge.

helo how much would u charge? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by psucc(m): 11:03am On Aug 06
And that's his saving grace. By now he would have been grappling with impeachment

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by Realtord43: 11:04am On Aug 06
Pretty obvious for everyone to know, reason why Akpabio became a total clown for Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by sIfioksq: 11:10am On Aug 06
Tinubu knows how to play the political game. Appointing Akpabio as Senate President is a strategic move to ensure stability in the National Assembly. A strong leader makes bold decisions. Let’s see how this unfolds!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by Philipponzaghi: 11:10am On Aug 06
Babachir is just bitter because he couldn't secure a position in this administration. Tinubu's strategy is clear; he knows how to play the game and ensure that the National Assembly is aligned with his vision. Akpabio may have his flaws, but let’s not forget that leadership requires a certain level of loyalty and control. The agenda is moving forward, whether they like it or not!

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by nairavsdollars(f): 2:32pm On Aug 06
They are both rubber stamp but Lawan is still matured than Akpabio

Dspsalvate:
I'm not good at supporting evil though, but if i may ask.... What's the difference between the present national assembly and the one that ended June last year of which by your words you were a key player? Where was the Iroko tree Senate president when buhari was using both Sun lights and lantern to borrow? It's very sad for one to find himself on this part of the globe 🌐

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by gawu1: 3:25pm On Aug 06
Has any president of a country ever supported someone whom they knew would become their opponent after being elected as the Senate president or to any other position?

Let this grass-cutter thief be honest and answer yes that he would like to have senate president that will antagonize him the way Saraki did to Buhari if, by chance, he becomes president in 2027.
Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by nairavsdollars(f): 4:23pm On Aug 06
But must they approve everything from the president?
gawu1:
Has any president of a country ever supported someone whom they knew would become their opponent after being elected as the Senate president or to any other position?

Let this grass-cutter thief be honest and answer yes that he would like to have senate president that will antagonize him the way Saraki did to Buhari if, by chance, he becomes president in 2027.
Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by agulion: 4:40pm On Aug 06
The evil Tinubu and other local Yoruba Muslims committed against GEJ have come back to hunt them, and inshallah it hunt to the opposite of life
Re: Tinubu Made Akpabio Senate President To Control National Assembly - Babachir by nairavsdollars(f): 7:02pm On Aug 06
Law of karma
agulion:
The evil Tinubu and other local Yoruba Muslims committed against GEJ have come back to hunt them, and inshallah it hunt to the opposite of life

(1) (Reply)

Emergency Lovers Of Nigeria... / Aondoakaa Apologises To Akunyili / ''yaradua Is Incapacitated''- The Conspiracy Theory!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.