Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,584 members, 7,961,937 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:09 PM

Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships (305 Views)

Tinubu Vows To Crash Petrol Price, Eliminate Hardships / Tinubu’s Presidency In 30 Days: Increased Hardships, Rising Hopes! / OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by klimkid: 8:00am On Aug 07
In an inspiring show of support, the people of Okitipupa left their shops, homes, and daily activities to welcome Oba, the SDP gubernatorial candidate for Ondo State. As Oba visited his Local Government Area, the air was filled with a hopeful chant: "It is a fresh start for Ondo!" This slogan captures the essence of a community that has endured years of hardship under the rule of APC and PDP.

The crowd, weary from the escalating cost of living, where a derika of beans now costs 2,500 Naira and a single tuber of yam is 5,000 Naira, echoed a unified cry for change. Their newly coined slogan, "FROM DEPUTIES TO DISAPPOINTMENT, CHOOSE OBA FOR A FRESH START," resonated deeply with the gathering. It highlighted their disillusionment with former deputy governors who failed to deliver on their promises.

Oba's visit to Okitipupa was more than just a campaign stop; it was a beacon of hope. The enthusiastic support he received underscores the desire for a new dawn in Ondo State, a break from the past and a step towards a brighter future. The people’s message is clear: it's time for a fresh start with Oba, a leader who listens and understands the struggles they face daily.

As the campaign moves forward, this grassroots support in Okitipupa is a powerful testament to Oba's vision and the people's readiness for real change. The momentum is building, and the promise of a fresh start is within reach for Ondo State.

Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by chiiraq802(m): 8:06am On Aug 07
If he somehow gets there nw... I mean Ondo Government House. He become clueless, start looting and forgets the people that voted for him.

You fit enter Ashawo quarters jam virgin but you no fit enter Nigeria jam honest Polithiefcian.
Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by Tutudora: 8:08am On Aug 07
This man has my support. It’s either him or no one else. Ondo people deserve the best. The change begins with electing a leader that is not APC or PDP affiliated.

For me this is the Peter Obi of Ondo. It’s time to get it right. Ondo? Let’s make it work.
Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by klimkid: 8:18am On Aug 07
My brother how sure are you? Ondo must have a Governor. They should support him first and see what he will do. I am tired of APC and PDP. I am from Edo and we are kicking both APC and PDP out this time.
chiiraq802:
If he somehow gets there nw... I mean Ondo Government House. He become clueless, start looting and forgets the people that voted for him.

You fit enter Ashawo quarters jam virgin but you no fit enter Nigeria jam honest Polithiefcian.
Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by klimkid: 8:21am On Aug 07
I think it's a fresh start for Ondo. Ondo deserves better and Nigeria too. This is the only way we can kick APC out by kicking them out from the Guber elections.
Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by Tutudora: 8:21am On Aug 07
I don’t think so. We can’t keep having this mindset and keep the bad eggs when we should throw them away and allow for new and fresh ones. He is not APC or PDP. There is nothing wrong having a new leader govern us who is neither of the parties I mentioned. He is not even there yet, you are condemning him already?

I STRONGLY BELIEVE HE WILL DO FAR BETTER .
chiiraq802:

Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by RingRoadCartel(m): 8:24am On Aug 07
Left to me, I will suggest this as the best form of protest nationwide. Boycott APC and PDP during elections for fresh new ideas. We have had enough tbh..

3 Likes

Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:30am On Aug 07
chiiraq802:

Otti is a good example of what happens when the masses stand by the right person. Is Otti perfect? NO, but he has been largely impressive. This is a step in the right direction. Congratulations to the people of Ondo 👏

2 Likes

Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by klimkid: 8:33am On Aug 07
Thanks my bro. This guy is really eating big from APC. Well, Nigerians are tired and we want a fresh start.
EtinosaDLaw:

Otti is a good example of what happens when the masses stand by the right person. Is Otti perfect? NO, but he has been largely impressive. This is a step in the right direction. Congratulations to the people of Ondo 👏

1 Like

Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by VikingKing: 8:41am On Aug 07
Looks like a sharp dude.

Nigerians should wake up o, choose the right leaders, forget the 4k they will share for you on election day. 4k cannot feed you and your family for 1 day talk more of 4 years. Nuffsaid!
Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by Keaton(m): 8:53am On Aug 07
Fresh start! I like that. Aiyedatiwa wey wan rebel him boss will not even be given the ticket if he continues on this downward slope. Since he took over, ondo is never in the news for anything good. It's a pity how terribly he's doing.
Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by LAXconfidential(m): 9:00am On Aug 07
One thing about Ondo, they always have some of the brightest minds on the ballot, its now a question of if they will support one of them this time.
Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by Xtianlouis: 9:09am On Aug 07
Ondo state happens to be one of the oldest states in Nigeria...
It was created 9 years after Lagos and up until date the states growth over the years has been impeded by bad governance.
It's a state blessed with mineral resources and one of the seven sates the 853km long Nigeria coastline runs through. But unfortunately their seaport has been abandoned. Ondo state can take a cue from Abia state and vote right this time around. Oba, the SDP gubernatorial candidate for Ondo state is the Right man for the job.
Re: Okitipupa Welcomes Oba: A Fresh Start For Ondo Amidst Hardships by klimkid: 9:15am On Aug 07
Let's move with OBA then!

(1) (Reply)

Anger As Petrol Sells For Over N1,000 Per Litre In Benue / Peter Obi's Responses To Kenneth, His Support For Dangote & His View On Fg Jets / BREAKING: Borno State Govt Flagged Off Distribution Of Bag Of Rice, N10,000 Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.