Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,445 members, 7,961,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President (23150 Views)

UNICAL First Female SUG President Appoints 50 Aides / Gloria Young: Youngest Ever Female Sug Union President Of Fedponam / Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by DrAda(f): 8:39am On Aug 08
Ferebiekunake:

The VC of a university is assisted by all administrative staff plus deans of faculties, heads of departments, coordinators of courses, and numerous others in statutory positions.

If her appointees are truly volunteers who are competent to serve the interest of her jurisdiction, then, she's a promising good administrator.

Well put

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by geewean(m): 8:42am On Aug 08
Mark this girl in the future.

she will be worst than Buhari , Betta Edu and Tinubu combined.

The future for this country dey fear me.I no lie
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by sirpharrell(m): 8:45am On Aug 08
DrAda:

I have. Think beyond Tinubu.. Remember we are talking about 200 million people. Besides Tinubu and his 'aides', we have the 36 states, each with her respective governors and 'aides'. Going further down, we also have the LGAs.

And that isn't all, think about the schools with VCs, hospitals, markets, towns, villages, churches with bishops, obas, emirs, chiefs, etc. These people are all there for a reason, to serve the people.

I mentioned the above people because that is exactly what you need to cater to the welfare of the people in this country.

I hope you understand now

You have even made her case worse.
The 20 faculties have their various students Unions headed by the faculty presidents
The 110 departments have theirs too headed by the departmental presidents
Even the halls of residence have their various students executives.
Then there is the elected students union parliament
The students Union also have their elected executive Council.
Are these numerous representatives not enough for her to work with in the "complex" University?

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by OnknownSoldier(m): 8:49am On Aug 08
kaludestiny10:
I see nothing bad in the appointments that she made considering the fact that the appointees are on a voluntary service.
It will even help to broaden the knowledge of the appointees on leadership and service to people.

You get sense. Her explanation is valid, at least those aides are not on salary.

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by DrAda(f): 8:58am On Aug 08
sirpharrell:

You have even made her case worse.
The 20 faculties have their various students Unions headed by the faculty presidents
The 110 departments have theirs too headed by the departmental presidents
Even the halls of residence have their various students executives.
Then there is the elected students union parliament
The students Union also have their elected executive Council.
Are these numerous representatives not enough for her to work with in the "complex" University?

Not quite.

You equated her organizational structure to that of Tinubu who caters for 200 million persons forgetting that that isn't entirely the case.

Now, that you have roped in more groups, are you now beginning to understand why she needs 50 aides or even more? Or are you really expecting her to communicate directly to all the representatives of these groups and more in person?

Above all, let's not forget that she is a student as well. To effectively lead, one must learn to delegate.
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by Maxcollins042(m): 8:58am On Aug 08
Uteghe:
Worthless emulation of rogue leaders.

Did you even read the post?
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by Father4all: 8:59am On Aug 08
Very stupid person. Tomorrow she go be blame Tinubu
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by Maxcollins042(m): 9:01am On Aug 08
kaludestiny10:
I see nothing bad in the appointments that she made considering the fact that the appointees are on a voluntary service.
It will even help to broaden the knowledge of the appointees on leadership and service to people.

It seems you're the only one here with sound comprehension ability. The rest have just been ranting unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by paxonel(m): 9:07am On Aug 08
DrAda:

I find it deeply concerning that that you are equating needs and welfare to just food. I sincerely pray that all is well with you. Hang in there
So, assuming I'm a unical student, how will you explain this to my understanding? smiley

when the sug presido is saying needs and welfare, what exactly is she referring to as needs and welfare?
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by DrAda(f): 9:11am On Aug 08
paxonel:

So, assuming I'm a unical student, how will you explain this to my understanding? smiley

when the sug presido is saying needs and welfare, what exactly is she referring to needs and welfare?

On the contrary, I do not think that you are a student. Although it would have been better if you are because it would have explained to a large extent why you have a limited understanding of what needs and welfare is.

If you want to be further enlightened on what the terms means, may I suggest that you reach out to the SUG president if you are a unical student or better still look it up yourself. I recommend ChatGPT. Cheers
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by Wigetsolar: 9:12am On Aug 08
A bad example.

From a former student leader to this lady.
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by sirpharrell(m): 9:14am On Aug 08
DrAda:

Not quite.

You equated her organizational structure to that of Tinubu who caters for 200 million persons forgetting that that isn't entirely the case.

Now, that you have roped in more groups, are you now beginning to understand why she needs 50 aides or even more? Or are you really expecting her to communicate directly to all the representatives of these groups and more in person?

Above all, let's not forget that she is a student as well. To effectively lead, one must learn to delegate.

Where did you see me mention Tinubu abi your eye dey pain you?
Imagine her appointing faculty liason officers when there are faculty Presidents and Excos
Imagine her appointing a SA on sports when the SUG has a Director of Sports
You can go on and on.
It beats me how a reasonable person can defend her but this is the Nigerian leaders of tomorrow for you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by DrAda(f): 9:16am On Aug 08
sirpharrell:

Where did you see me mention Tinubu abi your eye dey pain you?
Imagine her appointing faculty liason officers when there are faculty Presidents and Excos
Imagine her appointing a SA on sports when the SUG has a Director of Sports
You can go on and on.
It beats me how a reasonable person can defend her but this is the Nigerian leaders of tomorrow for you.

Let's agree to disagree please. I had thought you were one of those who mentioned me earlier citing Tinubu hence the reference.

Civility is key to a healthy discussion
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by otokx(m): 9:17am On Aug 08
An example of bad citizenship, which one comes first, citizenship or governance? This are young adults whose parents sent them to school.
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by festacman(m): 9:22am On Aug 08
Ferebiekunake:

The VC of a university is assisted by all administrative staff plus deans of faculties, heads of departments, coordinators of courses, and numerous others in statutory positions.

If her appointees are truly volunteers who are competent to serve the interest of her jurisdiction, then, she's a promising good administrator.

The SUG President has her EXCO, Hall of Residence Reps, etc to work with. I was active part of SUG of my University and we did more effective Aluta without all these unnecessary aping of the ways of our corrupt politicians.

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by paxonel(m): 9:27am On Aug 08
DrAda:

On the contrary, I do not think that you are a student.
i didn't say i am a student, read my question

Although it would have been better if you are because it would have explained to a large extent why you have a limited understanding of what needs and welfare is.

If you want to be further enlightened on what the terms means, may I suggest that you reach out to the SUG president or better still look it up yourself. I recommend ChatGPT. Cheers
grin grin grin
Anyway,
Please tell the president incase you can reach her, that her responsibilities as an sug president cannot be that enormous to the extent of appointing the large number of appointees, so she should not be scared.

As a matter of fact, her basic responsibilities are to draw the attention of the dean of students or the school authorities to the plights of students on campus, then she focus more on her studies.

Students needs and welfare were already provided by their parents grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by DrAda(f): 9:28am On Aug 08
paxonel:
i didn't say i am a student, read my question

grin grin grin
Anyway,
Please tell the president incase you can reach her, that her responsibilities as an sug president cannot be that enormous to the extent of appointing the large number of appointees, so she should not be scared.

As a matter of fact, her basic responsibilities are to draw the attention of the dean of students or the school authorities to the plights of students on campus, then she focus more on her studies.

Students needs and welfare were already provided by their parents grin

grin Funny.
If she is scared, then appointing more people to assist her may just be the right tactic.

If she isn't scared, and is confident in her role, which is most likely the case here, then appointing more aides may simply mean that she must have identified earlier the prevailing gaps in the past leadership which she intends to address in her tenure.

As to the simplification of her role to just being a conduit to the higher ups, I beg to differ. wink

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by Ahigbo1: 9:55am On Aug 08
Foul logic! So the VC should get over hundred aides ni kiss

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by otomatic(m): 10:01am On Aug 08
DrAda:

Don't you think that you are misrepreeenting facts? What exactly do you think political appointments are? Going by your logic, even the aides appointed to cater to the students in this one university are political appointments as well.

Now sit back and think of every current political appointment made in this country, down to the schools, churches, markets that cater, like you put it, to the needs of 200M -+ citizens. I am pretty sure it will run into hundreds of thousands.

No I am not misrepresenting. School is for learning different things and if this works for the SUG, then she has learnt a template for future use if she is in public service.
She should be learning how to cut down cost of governance instead of ballooning it.
She can chose to work with departmental or faculty leadership instead of these many apointments
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by DrAda(f): 10:21am On Aug 08
otomatic:

No I am not misrepresenting. School is for learning different things and if this works for the SUG, then she has learnt a template for future use if she is in public service.
She should be learning how to cut down cost of governance instead of ballooning it.
She can chose to work with departmental or faculty leadership instead of these many apointments

I honestly cannot fathom what the issue is.

Majority of the persons here on this platform are not necessarily worried about the number of aides but the costs that they perceive will be incurred forgetting that noone will be paid at the end of the day.

Oh well, let's hope her decision to engage more people will yield positive outcomes.
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by otomatic(m): 10:38am On Aug 08
DrAda:

I honestly cannot fathom what the issue is.

Majority of the persons here on this platform are not necessarily worried about the number of aides but the costs that they perceive will be incurred forgetting that noone will be paid at the end of the day.

Oh well, let's hope her decision to engage more people will yield positive outcomes.

You truly believe there will be no payments!
These appointees will be incurring spurious expenses in lieu of payment.

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by DrAda(f): 10:49am On Aug 08
otomatic:

You truly believe there will be no payments!
These appointees will be incurring spurious expenses in lieu of payment.

I thought of that as well. Last I checked there was no mention of an increase in dues. Whatever expenses that will be incurred, which ironically may even be less compared to the past administration, will eventually be audited and appraised.
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by Judolisco(m): 10:49am On Aug 08
How many ministers we get for 200m people
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by 6ixT8: 10:59am On Aug 08
Your simple work is to just listen to any of your aid and append signature. Softwerk grin
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by Dspsalvate: 11:00am On Aug 08
[quote author=Mikelarteta post=131392089]This one go worse pass Tinubu.[/qu

Nature May Not Forgive You If You Dear Kill Me With Laughter...... Trouble Won't Finish For Naija,Why
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by adenigga(m): 11:14am On Aug 08
geewean:
Mark this girl in the future.

she will be worst than Buhari , Betta Edu and Tinubu combined.

The future for this country dey fear me.I no lie

Correct .........

Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by ComeToJesus: 11:55am On Aug 08
Uteghe:
Worthless emulation of rogue leaders.

Na so woman thing dey be.

She get SA-Sport and still come get SA-Gym. 😅😅😅😅😁 and if I'm not wrong, there's a Director of Sports already in the SUG hierarchy.

My little sister, re-work and review your list abeg. Little things matter in life.
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by sylve11: 1:22pm On Aug 08
sleek214:
Nigerians. I laugh when people criticise govt officials... Give them power and see their true colours

I tell you. cool
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by jackie111(m): 3:03pm On Aug 08
The SA / SSA on media and publicity should have handled this madam President.
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by Fearyourcreator: 6:01pm On Aug 08
sleek214:
Nigerians. I laugh when people criticise govt officials... Give them power and see their true colours
If you understand Nigerians well well... You will know that all this anger na cus no be them dey there...
E easy to come say person wan be councillor... If them no ise jazz finish person ...
Re: Why I Appointed 50 Aides - UNICAL First Female SUG President by Fearyourcreator: 6:02pm On Aug 08
Throwback:
The leadership stems from the followership.

As I would always say, many do not want Nigeria to change. They are only angry that they are not the ones in power.
Simple...
If you see as some treats their workers alone .. you will fear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Hope Of Physics Students After Graduation? / Uweifo Primary School, Ewuru, Agbor Commissioned (Photos) / Largest Solar Plant In Africa Opens In Bayero University, Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.