Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,457 members, 7,961,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 02:32 AM

Who Issues The Certificate For PGDE By NTI? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Issues The Certificate For PGDE By NTI? (147 Views)

Post NYSC: Should I Go For PGDE Or Masters? / NTI Where Is Our Result For 2017/2018 Pgde Result / NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Issues The Certificate For PGDE By NTI? by adejames2000: 6:46pm On Aug 07
Who Issues the certificate for PGDE by NTI (National Teacher's Institute)? I could not get necesary information from their website. It is now noted that different regions of the country are affiliated to different universities, see https://lms.nti.edu.ng/course/index.php?categoryid=7

I finished in 2010, when NTI was only affiliated to Usmanu Dan Fodiyo University (UDUS), Sokoto. The transcript (with errors on it) that was obtained for me in 2013 was attached to an NTI letterhead.

Information here by Nazor83: https://www.nairaland.com/ogoenue/posts, suggests that transcript may be issued NTI but certificate by the UDUS University, which may present conflict outside of Nigeria.
He said:
I applied to Wes for evaluation of my bachelors cert and a PGDE I got from NTI (affiliated to Usman Dan Fodio University). However, am foreseeing there may be problems evaluating the PGDE cert as the Certificate is bearing Usman Dan Fodio and the transcript will bear NTI[color=#990000][/color]. I want to ask WES to cancel the PGDE evaluation request and go ahead with the bachelors. My IELTS is out (LRWS - 8.5, 7, 7, 7.5) and I will get CSR score of 439 with just the bachelors.

1. Does anyone have insight on how the PGDE at NTI works?
2. Can I say that I graduated with PGDE from Usmanu Dan Fodiyo University? Or do I have to say that that I graduated with PGDE from the not so popular NTI? [NOTE: I can only list one school on the document and CV, so I cannot say I graduated from "National Teachers' Institute (affiliated to Usmanu Dan Fodiyo University)", I need to choose one, preferably the one that will be on the certificate.

Any clarification or personal experience is appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Who Issues The Certificate For PGDE By NTI? by chido20(m): 6:49pm On Aug 07
H
Re: Who Issues The Certificate For PGDE By NTI? by RealLordZeus(m): 7:05pm On Aug 07
If its affiliated to Usman Danfodio University , then the university is the one that issues the Certificate and not NTI.
It's like all these study centers inside secondary schools, the affiliated institution is the one that issues certificate and regulate their affairs

My thoughts only

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NBTE-HND Top Up / How Do I Solve This Quantitative Please / Kindly Help Me With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.