Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,692 members, 7,962,234 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

Loom! If I May Get The Name Correctly, Obviously This Business Still Bringing Fo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Loom! If I May Get The Name Correctly, Obviously This Business Still Bringing Fo (98 Views)

What Are The Things I Would Regret If I Don't Do Before Thirty Years Of Age? / Loom Ponzi Scheme: The Complete Review / Why I May Not Get Married, Nollywood Actress, Funke Adeshiyan Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Loom! If I May Get The Name Correctly, Obviously This Business Still Bringing Fo by Sunnyadius: 11:29pm On Aug 09
~By Oluwaseun Trust Bethnews

This is a local machine used to make 'Ofi' a quality traditional wears called 'aso oke, oja or aso ibile' in Yorubaland.

Back In The Days:

Sincerely, it was in 90s that I saw this particular locally made machine for making Yoruba traditional wears 'Ofi' and it was in my hometown somewhere in Kwara State. During those periods it's commonly used by our aged-mothers. They specialized, focused while operating this machine with full concentration in order to circumvent some errors/mistakes that might occur, I also observed whenever those our mothers were on this machine to operate they used to sing some melodious songs in our dialect at the same time engaging in some partnership gisting.

While on the machine and operating by twisting their hands and legs for hours, I studied they hardly go for breakfast neither lunch, for people like us that grew up in the village can attest to this especially some of us with family "Grandma" that ventured into this lucrative/expensive business then will remember how we used to take their lunch even dinner to their factory location. If going by my calculation and without mincing words they usually seat twelve hours a day because they believed it was a great task ahead of them.

Aged-Woman With Meticulous Attention And Passion

Those women are so industrious and well oriented, they see far beyond their nose and they never allowed anyone to cajoled them before taken all necessary steps regarding their respective daily business/endeavors.

My Recent Visit To Ogun State On A Journalistic Assignment/Walkabouts.

To be candid, I never knew this 'loom machine' still in existence not until few days ago that I rammed into these two industrious women operating wholeheartedly and with all enthusiasm, I further asked them some few questions and how passionate they are. They both smiles... At me and in their responses it was whaoooo!. Wait.... I will be back shortly to furnish out their beautiful responses to my questions.

(1) (Reply)

Bashir Hadejiya's Arrest: Turning Point In Nigeria's Security Landscape - AYCF / Top Places To Explore In Taif: For A Memorable Holiday / Fintechzoom: Navigating The Pulse Of Financial Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.