Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,051 members, 7,963,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:36 AM

Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) - Fashion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) (29413 Views)

Mia le Roux: South Africa Crowns First Deaf Woman as Miss South Africa / Shatu Garko Wins 2021 Miss Nigeria Pageant (Photos) / Nyekachi Douglas In London For Miss World 2019 Pageant (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by CJStarz: 1:14pm On Aug 11
DevilsEqual:

At this rate, we're beginning to act like envious ones. It's beginning to look like we are hating on them or something close to that

I know we are just tryna set them up for drags once again, but to be honest, it's looking like we are too obsessed with how they choose to do their things
You're yet to answer me.
Why are you the devil's equal,from your Moniker?
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Afamsi: 1:18pm On Aug 11
ddippset:
If we think about it critically and devoid of sentiments there must be a genuine reason why she was disqualified.

I believe the judges are South Africans they could very easily have voted against her and not allow her win if the country had anything personal against her.

They would have let her contest but never let her win, if they wanted to.
the judges were afraid because the people were clamouring
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Botragelad: 1:19pm On Aug 11
slimthugchimee2:

Citizenship of the place permits them to hold positions

Doesn't mean it represents their culture
Still doesn't change the fact that the lady is from South Africa.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Didi2d(m): 1:21pm On Aug 11
ddippset:
If we think about it critically and devoid of sentiments there must be a genuine reason why she was disqualified.

I believe the judges are South Africans they could very easily have voted against her and not allow her win if the country had anything personal against her.

They would have let her contest but never let her win, if they wanted to.

With due respect, I guess you didn't read the story very well.
She was never disqualified, South Africans didn't want her to be in the pageant simply because she has a Nigerian background which made her withdraw from the from the competition.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Originalsly: 1:21pm On Aug 11
Lionessza6:

Most people who win these pageants aren't really the most beautiful, a lot goes into the decision....

Google all the former black Miss SA and check if those are the most beautiful SA women you've ever seen. The same goes for Nigeria and most countries. There are many citizens more beautiful than these pageant winners . She is far from being the most beautiful white SA woman , I can certainly tell you that.

No doubt... In don't believe any country put out the most beautiful woman ... but in general ... the beauty queen will usually get your attention as being above the average pretty person.... a pretty plus.. This one will not. If her photo is posted and some one is asked...For one million Naira ... which one of the following is correct about the person ? A. Pole vault contestant in the Olympics B. A fashion designer C. Daughter of a billionaire D. Beauty Pageant winner and E. World Women's Rights spokesperson.

Out of 10 persons how many do we really believe will pick the correct answer? I would say 3 the most ... two who believe White is beautiful and the other who can't read ... just picked an answer.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11
Ikaeniyan0:
The white woman ancestors moved to South Africa, hundreds of years ago

Moved or invaded?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Azazyel: 1:26pm On Aug 11
So na still Caucasian win am? South African blacks would always be slaves. They'd rather hate other black people and embrace the white people. Well... I have nothing against South African whites. They are far better than many of those black South Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by themanderon: 1:32pm On Aug 11
NhlanhlaGHOST:
all your poverty forsaken people must stop coming to our land

The same land the whites stole from you and you needed their help to get freedom from the whites who treated you guys the way you deserved?

2 Likes

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Crafteck1: 1:33pm On Aug 11
Botragelad:
What's the point of this attention grabbing headline, 'White woman'? Is she not a South African, then? It seems like another attempt to play the race card. Meanwhile, Black people have been achieving great success in prominent positions across the West without any fuss, yet when a white person does the same in an African country, it becomes an issue.

I'd say many of you are guilty of hypocrisy when you accuse whites of racism. The original poster is a staunch supporter of Russia, yet hardly any Black people hold top positions there but he never mentioned that. Instead, he's always quick to cry foul in other situations. Hypocrisy!

Dont be dumb, the point is the pushed chidima out for a reason more pronounced in the winner, if chidima matter wasnt tabled no one would give a fk about the winner

2 Likes

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Doylestown92(m): 1:34pm On Aug 11
condensedmilk:

In case you don't understand my question, let me repeat my self.

Please show me one Dutch, French, Italian that entered South Africa 200yrs ago with a passport.

Passport is a white man's invention. Try being sensible.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Azazyel: 1:37pm On Aug 11
Botragelad:

Your hatred's getting the better of you, making you a bit unhinged. You lot are always going on about racism, but you're being racist yourselves! She's a white South African, and if she weren't from South Africa, she wouldn't be eligible to stand.

Meanwhile, Black people are holding top jobs all over the US and other parts of the world, yet hardly anyone cries about it. Should we chuck them out just because they're Black?

It's okay to be white!

I don't have anything against white South Africans. I even prefer them to many of those blacks there. My problem here is why did the blacks there suddenly start bullying chidima? Is this not evil? Must they always have issues with anyone that has Nigerian roots? Even tyla received insults cos she spoke out against bullying. Something is fundamentally wrong with many black people in SA. They have issues accommodating black people from other places. Is that not strange? Despite the fact that these black nations helped during the apartheid
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Scientheosopher(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11
illicit:

There are white South Africans, they have been there for generations...

Ofcourse u know this
Citizenship in South Africa (SA) is not by who got there first, as your comment implies. It's rather by birth, descent and naturalisation.

Chidimma was born in South Africa to a father of Igbo tribe of Nigeria. Her mother's background is controversial; according to Wikipedia, her mother is said to be a naturalised Mozambican, or of Zulu in South Africa.

From the above, Chidimma is a South African. Because she was born in SA in which her mother is a naturalised citizen. Whether her father is also naturalised is inconsequential here.

[b]Context: [/b]The reason they don't want her is (largely) because she's a Nigerian. The average South African hates Nigerians. Heck! The legendary raggae musician Lucky Dubbie was killed by his fellow South Africans because they thought he was a Nigerian! So you see, the hatred has been long.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Zenci: 1:59pm On Aug 11
Lionessza6:

LMFAO. Nigerians are obsessed with SA and being victims of South Africans...that's why there are 15 threads of the same story running grin grin. And all of them are over 5 pages grin. Embarrassing

You're the ones shoving the stories on our faces. Normally, people aren't even interested in pageants, not to talk of a South African one. Remove this nonsense from here. Nobody cares about what happens in SA.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Slytiger: 2:00pm On Aug 11
madone:
grin chidinma commot white lady now wins grin
Let me guess her father is Portuguese her mother is south african or both are from yankee.
What makes her different from chidinma or
Wherr all the fat big A...sss south african natives
She is likely a boer. They have been in South Africa since the 1600s.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 2:07pm On Aug 11
Botragelad:

Is the lady who won not a citizen of South Africa?
You still don't get the point. No one is contesting the citizenship of the current winner. But why should Chidimma's citizenship be contested when it's obvious she was born and raised in SA.
Or should SA folks tell us how does one acquire citizenship in South Africa?
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by condensedmilk: 2:10pm On Aug 11
Doylestown92:

Passport is a white man's invention. Try being sensible.

if the grandfather of a white girl can enter South Africa without a passport, while then are you guys furious about the origin of a black girl on same soil?

1 Like

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by PureFace1(m): 2:18pm On Aug 11
Lionessza6:

You're really dumb.

1. The Le roux represent the Afrikaaner heritage in South Africa; people who have been here since 1652.
She represents that part of SA. And the former black ones represent the Xhosas,Zulus on the streets.
2. Who does Chidimma represent in SA? There's no Igbos here grin
3. The Le roux clan has more claim to SA than some refugee breed who came here when things when in place grin
4. And for the fckn last time:

Look at your own screenshot cheesy.

Chidimma was registered as a native because her mother stole a Zulu woman's identity. She didn't get any permanent residency in South Africa, probably because she didn't qualify so she used fraudulent ways to be a citizen and not even a naturalised one but an indigenous one. This is a big crime. Chidimma is a product of that crime.

She can however plead to keep her citizenship on humanitarian grounds since she was born here. But she isn't entitled to it. Case closed. Her mother did her dirty.

And yes, we didn't like the idea of having a Nigerian breed represent us...I'd rather a donkey do it than you and you cant change our minds so stop bytching and looking for our acceptance. We don't want nor like you around us. Make peace with it and stop acting like battered desperate wives grin.

You are the dumb one here, former black one ? how many black winners since 1994, white dominated it since 1994 excluding before apartheid ended.

A country of majority black having more white winners and representation and you think it is normal because they conquered and enslaved your forefathers and established themselves a long time ago on your land.

How are you even so sure Le roux parents didn't come to South Africa recently like Chidimma's parents ? Would you even bother to investigate her as long as she is white ? You only care about black you don't give a damn about it if she's white that's the truth.

You are also so fixated on Chidimma's mother, what about her father ? who told you her father is not a naturalized citizen of South Africa or permanent resident permit holder ? I think it is time you wear your slave, xenophobic and racist collar with your full chest, i think you are not even a black south african if you are then you have really been conquered and enslaved mentally.

4 Likes

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Bonapart(m): 2:20pm On Aug 11
Botragelad:

Your hatred's getting the better of you, making you a bit unhinged. You lot are always going on about racism, but you're being racist yourselves! She's a white South African, and if she weren't from South Africa, she wouldn't be eligible to stand.

Meanwhile, Black people are holding top jobs all over the US and other parts of the world, yet hardly anyone cries about it. Should we chuck them out just because they're Black?

It's okay to be white!
shut up and go worship your masters. You held your own down so that another can go through. Shame and joke on you puppet

1 Like

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Botragelad: 2:20pm On Aug 11
winterfell007:

You still don't get the point. No one is contesting the citizenship of the current winner. But why should Chidimma's citizenship be contested when it's obvious she was born and raised in SA.
Or should SA folks tell us how does one acquire citizenship in South Africa?
You can make a research on why. I'm talking about this lady here!
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:22pm On Aug 11
Scientheosopher:

Heck! The legendary raggae musician Lucky Dubbie was killed by his fellow South Africans because they thought he was a Nigerian! So you see, the hatred has been long.

The men convicted of killing Lucky Dube weren’t South Africans.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Scientheosopher(m): 2:50pm On Aug 11
1stGenAmerican:

OK.
What country (-es) are they from?
#Thank you for the correction.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:51pm On Aug 11
Scientheosopher:

OK.
What country (-es) are they from?
#Thank you for the correction.

Zimbabwe and Mozambique. They were said to have attempted several robberies in the days before LD was murdered.

2 Likes

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by etrange: 2:53pm On Aug 11
Botragelad:
What's the point of this attention grabbing headline, 'White woman'? Is she not a South African, then? It seems like another attempt to play the race card. Meanwhile, Black people have been achieving great success in prominent positions across the West without any fuss, yet when a white person does the same in an African country, it becomes an issue.

I'd say many of you are guilty of hypocrisy when you accuse whites of racism. The original poster is a staunch supporter of Russia, yet hardly any Black people hold top positions there but he never mentioned that. Instead, he's always quick to cry foul in other situations. Hypocrisy!

The writer wrote white women simply because they wanted to draw the readers' attention to the fact that a black African was made to withdraw from the race (which is why we're all hearing about the pageant this year). It's not just because a white lady won. White people have been winning before now. The lady that was made to withdraw is just as South African as this lady that won. So while some people naturally like to play the race card, what you're seeing here is a writer trying to point out the irony of a black person rejected by Africans while a white person is accepted. You mentioning Russia and political positions makes wonder if you understood the back story that gave rise to the caption.

On a different note, I'm not a fan of Russia one bit, but not having a black person's in top positions is absolutely nothing to go by. Russia was not a popular destination for Africans. The black people that identify as Russians are mostly African African Americans that moved there after the revolution and Africans that moved there cause of tye scholarships and there are just about a few thousands of them compared to the population of the country. While a couple of them have actually occupied top military positions in the past, most notable ones are into sports and entertainment today. Should Russia come to Africa to pick black people for top positions in thier country just to show they're welcoming? Again, I'm not saying they are, but not having a black person in any political position isn't a good indicator of their lack of acceptance given the circumstances. It's just like saying Nigerians are racists cause we don't have a white person in any top positions
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by FoolishBoy419: 3:09pm On Aug 11
Botragelad:

It's okay to be white!

I didn't know you were so brainwashed that you're willing to adopt the catchphrase of far-right racists who see non-whites as animals.

And please, quit pretending you don't know that this is about a black South African citizen being bullied out of a competition by self-hating bastards while they smile as White people participate in the same competition.

1 Like

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by illicit(m): 3:22pm On Aug 11
Scientheosopher:

Citizenship in South Africa (SA) is not by who got there first, as your comment implies. It's rather by birth, descent and naturalisation.

Chidimma was born in South Africa to a father of Igbo tribe of Nigeria. Her mother's background is controversial; according to Wikipedia, her mother is said to be a naturalised Mozambican, or of Zulu in South Africa.

From the above, Chidimma is a South African. Because she was born in SA in which her mother is a naturalised citizen. Whether her father is also naturalised is inconsequential here.

[b]Context: [/b]The reason they don't want her is (largely) because she's a Nigerian. The average South African hates Nigerians. Heck! The legendary raggae musician Lucky Dubbie was killed by his fellow South Africans because they thought he was a Nigerian! So you see, the hatred has been long.

I don't believe you

Being in a place for generations implies that the newer generation will be citizens by birth and descent...

They are there
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by BigIyanga: 3:33pm On Aug 11
Lionessza6:

We don't give a damn about your feelings and perceptions here, but we don't want arrogant, loud and boastful people anywhere near a position of power in SA.

And before you rant about it:

We prefer White colonisers to them. So you can continue ranting and bytching ...that won't change. This is our choice, you people must make your own choices about your own country and people. This is becoming pathetic. You're spending all your time online ranting about what choices are made by people who have nothing to do with you than focusing on the crumbling country you live in? grin. Leave us alone in our colony and enjoy your free and fair nation grin. What is all this grin grin
What a poster child of Stockholm Syndrome and black Xenophobia. You threatened and forced a fellow black South African who’s got Naija half blood, to withdraw.
You guys are inconsequential in your country too. 5% of white folks own 90% of real estate in your country.5 % of white folks own 98% of banks and financial institutions in your country. Your cars, houses, jobs, etc are all owned and provided by white folks. Pls chilax.
You guys are inconsequential on global stage too. Look at the Olympics.. how many black SAs are competing even though you guys have one of the best training facilities and equipment in Africa.
In education, science, technology, business etc.. you guys cant compete

1 Like

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by BigIyanga: 3:36pm On Aug 11
1stGenAmerican:

But their motive was to rob/kill a Naija person
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:37pm On Aug 11
BigIyanga:

But their motive was to rob/kill a Naija person

That’s correct. My correction to him was the nationalities of the killers, not their motive,

2 Likes

Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by Believeintruth: 3:53pm On Aug 11
Sweeetheart:

As if your tribe is better of

Igbo and hypocrisy

Stop being a dense individual. If there is any hypocrite it is you these Ronu miscreants, always forming holier than thought whereas you are full of shit.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by tishbite42: 4:14pm On Aug 11
ShogunNoName:

No wonderrrrr!!!!
His curse is really affecting them till tomorrow.

Bro you should open a thread on this , it's no joke. It's Avery interesting topic that many people will be interested in and it may explain why the blacks behave as if something is wrong with them
Okay
I'll do so
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by BondRiv: 5:08pm On Aug 11
Look at who won. South Africans are in need
of serious help.
Re: Mia Le Roux Wins Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant (Photos) by FoolishBoy419: 6:11pm On Aug 11
Lionessza6:

We prefer the so called non-core SA to win than a loud and irritating Igbo perpetual victim of the world grin

I'm suspecting that you're a Nigerian 😂😂😂 Anyway, this is what too much boasting can lead to. South Africans' hatred towards us irritates me a bit but this is mostly a problem for chronic migrants and developers. Enjoy the battle

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Foreign Second Hand Clothes Or New Nigerian Made Clothes. Which Do You Prefer? / 100% Herbal Cosmetics, Treat All Blemishes And Protect Your Flawless Glamour! / Genevieve, Tiwa Savage Or Venita: Who Wore It Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.