Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,488 members, 7,961,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:52 AM

FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit (128 Views)

FGN Raises 126.65bn Through Sukuk Bonds Sale / Dangote Commences Pre-testing Of $2bn Fertilizer Plant Ahead Of Inauguration / How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit by Veegil: 3:46pm On Aug 12
The Debt Management Office has made public two Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) savings bonds for subscription at N1,000 per unit.

On Monday in Abuja, the first offer is a two-year FGN savings bond due on 21 August 2026, at interest rate of 17.373 per cent per annum.

The second offer is a three-year FGN savings bond due on 21 August 2027, at interest rate of 18.373 per cent per annum.

Today 12th of August 2024 marks the Opening date for the offer and the closing date is 16 August, the settlement date is 21 August, while coupon settlement dates are 21 November, 21 February, 21 May and 21 August.

The DMO said “They are offered at N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N5,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50 million and the interest is payable quarterly while bullet repayment (principal sum) is on maturity date.”

It assured that FGN savings bonds are backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria and charged upon the general assets of Nigeria saying that ‘They qualify as securities in which trustees can invest under the Trustee Investment Act and they qualify as government securities within the meaning of Company Income Tax Act and Personal Income Tax Act for tax exemption for pension funds amongst other investors.

Re: FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit by budaatum: 3:51pm On Aug 12
With inflation at 30%+, and currency devaluing at the rate it is, my N1000 plus 18.373% interest will not buy what it buys today.

Note to self!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit by advanceDNA: 4:21pm On Aug 12
Only 17%?

I'd rather put my money with fairmoney microfinance bank...at a whopping 26% per annum interest for 2years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit by SocialJustice: 9:38pm On Aug 12
advanceDNA:
Only 17%?

I'd rather put my money with fairmoney microfinance bank...at a whopping 26% per annum interest for 2years
Wow, renmoney is 24%.

This bond sale is for institutional investors. For investor with N1 billion, it is better to keep it with government than private businesses.
Re: FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit by advanceDNA: 9:46pm On Aug 12
SocialJustice:
Wow, renmoney is 24%.

This bond sale is for institutional investors. For investor with N1 billion, it is better to keep it with government than private businesses.

Federal government wey dey craze
Re: FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit by SocialJustice: 10:30pm On Aug 12
advanceDNA:

Federal government wey dey craze
No matter what it can print money to pay back.
Re: FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit by advanceDNA: 10:48pm On Aug 12
SocialJustice:
No matter what it can print money to pay back.

NDIC cover everybody
Re: FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit by SocialJustice: 11:28pm On Aug 12
advanceDNA:

NDIC cover everybody
Fgn bonds are not bank deposits.
Re: FG Commences Savings Bonds Sale At N1000 Per Unit by advanceDNA: 11:57pm On Aug 12
SocialJustice:
Fgn bonds are not bank deposits.

I wasn't talking about FGN bonds..

(1) (Reply)

Four Telegram Mining Bot You Should Consider Playing Right Now. / Stellar Publishing Guide / Help Me With This Paypal Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.