Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,202 members, 7,963,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:11 PM

Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals (34620 Views)

We Don’t Get ₦‎21 Million As Salary Or Allowance’, Senate Counters Sumaila / Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race / Edo PDP Primaries: PDP Senator Reveals Obaseki’s Secret Deal With Stakeholders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Kingzjayzee: 12:22pm On Aug 14
Mindsetmindset:
Nigeria is a country programmed to fail. In a sensible clime those nonentity are not to be paraded as lawmakers
which law are they even making?Bunch of idiots!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Chydoohh: 12:24pm On Aug 14
Sounds the idiots who call themselves apc supporters right. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by prickursense: 12:26pm On Aug 14
# 21 Million is not sustainable!!!!! That is why the NASS must be part-time and salary capped at #250K. Nigeria is in serious trouble if this is not stopped ASAP. What a waste!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by McLizbae: 12:27pm On Aug 14
As if the guys in defence are more honest, patriotic, and prudent than the ones in NASS. grin
DevilsEqual:
NASS annual budget is huge shocked

They should swap that with our Defence budget and lets see if insecurity will not become things of the past

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Timmi: 12:28pm On Aug 14
dre11:
Lawmaker representing Kano South, Senator Sumaila Kawu, has revealed that he earns over N21m monthly as a total take-home package. In an interview with the…

https://dailytrust.com/i-get-n21m-monthly-kano-lawmaker-reveals/

Nlfpmod

Obasanjo has blown the wind exposing the yansh of these dishonorable Honorables.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Brushstrokes20: 12:30pm On Aug 14
Lobatan😉😉😉😉
The shyyythole is being ruled by a bunch of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!💯💯💯
The doomed contraption is a ticking time bomb 💣💣💣

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by felaismyhero(m): 12:30pm On Aug 14
dre11:
Lawmaker representing Kano South, Senator Sumaila Kawu, has revealed that he earns over N21m monthly as a total take-home package. In an interview with the…

Nlfpmod
The ‘legislooters' have always been a huge source of financial wastage since 1999. I stand corrected though, but I think it was Obj, in his quest for third term, that raised their allowances in a bid to entice them to support him. They have now become a stumbling block in the path of Nigeria's development; first, as a waste drainage for the country's resources, and second, a rest house for ineffective, corrupt leaders who want to remain relevant.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Oshokhai69: 12:31pm On Aug 14
alsudan:
I thought RMAFC came out yesterday to Say Senators earn only 1M a month.

Nigeria is a terrible crime scene under Thiefnibuu and Akpabio.

Did you read the article at all? 🤔

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Omoluabi16(m): 12:31pm On Aug 14
Newspaper money, furniture allowance, clothing allowance ..
One day one day, we will wake up. Until then, let's keep celebrating bag of rice and ounje ekó.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Shikini: 12:32pm On Aug 14
When a thief is your president

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by APOPTOSIS: 12:32pm On Aug 14
segun18:
Nigeria as a nation is nothing but a crime scene.
You can say that again and again

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by GreatUniben: 12:33pm On Aug 14
When that youtuber lady from the UK or Canada said it the last time, all of them came out to threaten her, declare for her arrest and threaten to jail her. Now comes the truth.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by UrgentNeeds(m): 12:33pm On Aug 14
segun18:
Nigeria as a nation is nothing but a crime scene.
This is nothing but the very truth.

Until Our Security Guards (Police & Soldiers) Begin To Earn The Same Salaries As Politicians, There Will Continue To Be Insecurity in The Country.

We Need Equity in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by sunray(m): 12:33pm On Aug 14
All these extra allowance and budget padding started under President Obasanjo. Legislators without conscience who make the executive arm to borrow and share.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by benjaminlawson(m): 12:34pm On Aug 14
One uncultured among them was calling Baba Obasanjo a liar, but I rebuked him here in this forum, and I said, time will tell when the the face of actual liar will be unfold. One thing that can never be hidden is truth, that why Yoruba proverb said, " bi iro ba lo ni ogun odun, ojo kan ni otito yoo ba" meaning if lying last for 20 years, truth will catch up with it in just one they, they are shameless they still deny their colleagues. These people feel Nigerians are as fool as they were, if not foolishness, how would you lie on something that is not hidden. Even if it is not officially revealed, unofficial everybody know, for someone will prepare the voucher, a bank will credit the account etc, how do you now expect those information to be hidden if not foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by casualobserver: 12:34pm On Aug 14
alsudan:

Pretend you have some level of education

1:Did it start under Tinubu and Akpabio? Did Ireti Kinigbe and others reject the sums?

2: there is a difference between a lawmaker’s salary/ allowances and office running costs.

3: under which president were these allowances approved?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by SmartyPants(m): 12:36pm On Aug 14
alsudan:

Your main issue is a lack of reading comprehension. You neither understood that write up nor this one - from both it is clear that the RMAFC offers a certain figure around 1m but the senators have other ways of padding this, which is beyond the RMAFC.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by GboyegaD(m): 12:36pm On Aug 14
Was Obasanjo not the one who started the jumbo salary and made our political offices do or die when he came into power in 1999 all in orchestration for his third term agenda? Why is he talking like it is something new?

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Love800(m): 12:37pm On Aug 14
Yes it takes the biggest cut but public servants take big cut from it too!
Kukutenla:

Defence takes the biggest cut of our budget
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Kukutenla: 12:38pm On Aug 14
Love800:
Yes it takes the biggest cut but public servants take big cut from it too!
Ogas at the top
Na chop I chop everybody clean mouth
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by maasoap(m): 12:38pm On Aug 14
IkeIgboNiile:
This is just the basic earnings. There are still ways if making millions more by been in lucrative committees.
You get it. Including bribes and all from oversight functions. Another one is constituency allowance, they submit the projects and nominate the contractors grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by jaxxy(m): 12:39pm On Aug 14
Check governors and even local government chairman now. They are the next cash out criminals.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Basicend: 12:39pm On Aug 14
libvrithy:
National assembly will be the end of this country. Protesters will soon resume again

Protesters dont need to protest on the streets on this issue. . Just gather yourselves and go to the national assembly and pour your wraths upon them all there. Simple.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by olanrewaju99(m): 12:39pm On Aug 14
Kelklein:
I told you all RMAFC and others were being economical with the truth..

See now..

He hasn't even disclosed the full amount yet o..

Plus Constituency Allownaces for Projects paid to companies they have interest in..

Plus taking contracts from Various ministries.. (Akpabio revealed that much during the 'off Your Mic' saga..)

In Nigeria, instead of building strong institutions that serve all, we build strong individuals that serve themselves.. all these would only put undue pressure on the coming generation after now because these acts of recklessness and greed would only leave them with so much debts..

Just Leaders inhumanity to citizens..!!!

Jeez!!!

Mahatma Gandhi was right afterall when he said 'Nature has enough to take care of every man's need but not every man's greed'..
change that Nature to Nigeria.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Jayhome24: 12:40pm On Aug 14
Ok.

Noted....

Next topic pls
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by sweetrace(f): 12:42pm On Aug 14
humilitypays:
This is part of the reasons these criminals in government will do anything to ensure Nigeria remains undivided as a nation, so that they can continue to plunder Nigeria's treasury in the name of being officials. They know that if Nigeria disintegrates, the new emerging countries like Biafra will not give criminals like them the opportunity to emerge leaders and parliament will become a part time job and not a full time job some criminals will be using to milk the nation while doing nothing special to make laws to make the country work for all citizens angry

This may not be true. You need to read “Animal Farm” by George Orwell.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by EmmyMaestro(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14
These people are just playing with our heads. They will say one thing today another person will say something else tomorrow. Don't worry, if we shout protest now they will talk true
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Love800(m): 12:45pm On Aug 14
Very unfortunate.
Thanks alot. I appreciate.
Kukutenla:

Ogas at the top
Na chop I chop everybody clean mouth
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by fabolouz1(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14
Which means principal officers earn close tho two hundred naira the former president postulated .
Democracy is so expensive.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Jagabanarmy: 12:48pm On Aug 14
dre11:

Criminals

Nlfpmod
Criminals in government
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by allthingsgood: 12:48pm On Aug 14
madridguy:
Bunch of rogues.

How are the rogues
Go be senator na
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by allthingsgood: 12:50pm On Aug 14
maasoap:

You get it. Including bribes and all the from oversight functions. Another one is constituency allowance, they submit the projects and nominate the contractors grin grin grin

LOL
Nobody should complain because the people also collect kpaje before voting. So its tit for tat grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poll Shift: Oshiomhole Dares INEC, To Resume Campaigns Despite Restriction / FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory / Ishaku's 800 Anti-Open Grazing Marshals Undergoing Training In Taraba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.