Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,720 members, 7,962,327 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:48 AM

Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation (474 Views)

Debunking Igbos Claim Of Marginalisation / The Brazen Act Of Marginalisation Of Christians In Kaduna State By Gov Elrufai / South East Tired Of Marginalisation - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by KEVIND: 12:15pm On Aug 16
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) Chairman for Rivers State and Southern Nigeria, Musa Saidu, has expressed deep concern over the alleged continued marginalization of Northerners in Rivers State by Governor Siminalayi Fubara.
In an interview with The Guardian in Port Harcourt, Saidu alleged that since Fubara took office, Northerners have not benefited from his government, citing a lack of appointments, contracts, and representation in the state government.
He accused Fubara of continuing the policies of his predecessor, Nyesom Wike, which he claimed were discriminatory against Northerners.

He said: "Since Governor Siminalayi Fubara held sway we have not benefited anything, we did not see rice, we did not see appointment and the marginalisation has continued from the Nyesom Wike era.

We did not do bad to Governor Fubara. What we are seeing is that the policy of Wilke has continued. We do not have any representative in the Rivers State Government House on behalf of the North."
He condemned Fubara for abandoning and
dividing the Northern community in Rivers State.
Saidu expressed deep disappointment and
frustration, stating that Fubara has created a
crisis and division among Northerners.

He likened Fubara's actions to those of his
predecessor, Nyesom Wike, who they dragged
to court for eight years over similar issues.
The Northern leader emphasized that Fubara's actions have exacerbated the existing divisions and marginalized the community.
He urged the governor to take immediate action to address the grievances and work towards inclusivity and unity.
While speaking on the recent inauguration of
five news commnissioners, Saidu expressed
disappointment that Northerners were not
represented in the recent appointment of
commissioners, with an Igboman from Abia State being the only non-Rivers State indigene on the list.

He emphasized that Northerners were excluded from the process, despite their contributions to the state.
The Northern leader criticized Fubara's government for being "entirely partial against Northerners, accusing him of only favouring the Igbo community.
He warned that this could lead to division
among the people and urged the governor to
engage with legitimate Northern leaders to
address their grievances.
Saidu, however, reiterated that Northerners
are not opposed to Fubara's government, but
want to see progress and inclusivity in Rivers
State.
He, also called on Fubara to reverse the
marginalization and work towards an all-
inclusive government, warning that
Northerners may be forced to seek alternative
alliances if the situation persists. "However, our next line of action is that we are in the market, we do not owe anv.

However, our next line of action is that we are in the market, we do not owe any allegiance to the governor, if he does not work with us and another person comes to us,
we will work with the person. We are not indebted to Fubara, he can not stop us from dealing with others because we have been dealing with others before he became governor," he said.
Although Wike can not work with us because we do not swallow our vomit. Wike under his supervision Northerns were slaughtered during the EndSarS protest and families of security agencies were compensated but we were not paid any compensation till today.
Wike is not the only person he is out of
contention."
The ACF leader also criticized Fubara's recent
appointment of commissioners, which he
said did not reflect the diversity of the state.

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/metro/northerners-in-rivers-accuse-fubara-of-marginalisation/

1 Like

Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by Alexiiydon: 1:38pm On Aug 16
MODs pls I want to deactivate my account stop holding me hostage
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by hammerT: 1:59pm On Aug 16
LOL IS DAT NOT MADNESS?

ANYWAY, WHEN THEY OWN YOUR OIL WELLS, WHAT ELSE DO U EXPECT TO HEAR FROM THEM.

4 Likes

Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by victory36(m): 2:02pm On Aug 16
What appointment is a notherner expecting in RIVERS STATE? undecided
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:17pm On Aug 16
What an effrontery!

When are we going to accept the reality that Nigeria is not one, we are just cohabiting and tolerating ourselves for humanity sake?

Even in the Northern Nigeria, Hausas who are Christians will never sniff Governorship or Presidential candidacy let alone winning it

Me personally I vehemently detest hearing Chukwu or Chi something in our political seats in any of the South Western States, even if he or she is a born and raised, I don't give a fvck because any name that doesn't represent our cultural heritage, no matter how fluent your Your Yoruba is, you are not part of us, you can not represent us with the name Emeka in South West, otherwise we will riot you out, ko ju bayen lo.
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by Melagros(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16
COMRADES, these are Wike's Northern puppets

Do they expect Fubara to feed them with food like infants?

What a nonsense
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by phantom(m): 2:29pm On Aug 16
Tajbol4splend:
What an effrontery!

When are we going to accept the reality that Nigeria is not one, we are just cohabiting and tolerating ourselves for humanity sake?

Even in the Northern Nigeria, Hausas who are Christians will never sniff Governorship or Presidential candidacy let alone winning it

Me personally I vehemently detest hearing Chukwu or Chi something in our political seats in any of the South Western States, even if he or she is a born and raised, I don't give a fvck because any name that doesn't represent our cultural heritage, no matter how fluent your Your Yoruba is, you are not part of us, you can not represent us with the name Emeka in South West, otherwise we will riot you out, ko ju bayen lo.

But you won't mind your son with name OluFemi or Olu-something running for president of the United States... or UK PM abi ? When they discriminate against him, youll be screaming racism everywhere..😂.. you tribalistic fucktards never cease to amaze me.

The tribalism of some of you is just off the charts and uncontrolled! 🤦🏾‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:30pm On Aug 16
phantom:

But you won't mind your son with name OluFemi or Olu-something running for president of the United States... or UK PM abi ? When they discriminate against him, youll be screaming racism everywhere..😂.. you tribalistic fucktards never cease to amaze me.

The tribalism of some of you is just off the charts and uncontrolled! 🤦🏾‍♂️

What is difficult for you to understand that an Igbo cannot have a Political seat in Yoruba land, it's an abomination.
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by GoodJohn: 10:27pm On Aug 19
This perspective is well-presented
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by AcuraZDX: 10:52pm On Aug 19
Tajbol4splend:

What is difficult for you to understand that an Igbo cannot have a Political seat in Yoruba land, it's an abomination.

This one na Pikin.

Heard of Ndubuisi Godwin Kanu before?
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by EkoExposer: 10:54pm On Aug 19
Tajbol4splend:

You must drag Igbo into any discussion.

How did you sneak Igbo in here you demon?
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by yarimo(m): 11:30pm On Aug 19
FUBARA is a disgrace to good governernce undecided

12 Likes

Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by SHAKABOOM: 12:36am On Aug 20
Wike I see you

Trying to stir northerners up against Fubara tru your paid northern puppets.But youfailed already
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by BitterTruth0001: 12:39am On Aug 20
Tajbol4splend:

Living under a stone

We have already some representing Amuwo Odofin constituency in Lagos

Oh wait. You’re right. I forgot Lagos is not Yoruba land 🤣🤣
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:34am On Aug 20
BitterTruth0001:

Living under a stone

We have already some representing Amuwo Odofin constituency in Lagos

Oh wait. You’re right. I forgot Lagos is not Yoruba land 🤣🤣

Are you talking about George Adegeye?
Re: Northerners in Rivers Accuse Fubara Of Marginalisation by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:35am On Aug 20
AcuraZDX:

This one na Pikin.

Heard of Ndubuisi Godwin Kanu before?

I thought he was dead

(1) (Reply)

Panic As Gov Soludo's Commissioner, Wife Kidnapped, Details Emerge / Alleged Importation Of Fuel From Malta - Our Response By Matrix Energy Limited / Japa Syndrome: Are Nigerian Youths Repeating The Mistakes Of Our Ancestors ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.