Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,466 members, 7,961,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 04:42 AM

My Experience In Abidjan, Ivory Coast: A Glimpse Of Beauty And Development - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In Abidjan, Ivory Coast: A Glimpse Of Beauty And Development (231 Views)

How To Get Settled In Abidjan / Calabar's Monorail Shows A Glimpse Of Nigeria's Intracity Public Transit System / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience In Abidjan, Ivory Coast: A Glimpse Of Beauty And Development by Explorernet: 9:30pm On Aug 18
My experience in Ivory Coast, though brief, left a lasting impression on me. I had the privilege of spending a week exploring various parts of the country, and Abidjan stood out for its beauty and remarkable infrastructure. One of the first things that struck me was the excellent road network. The roads in Abidjan are clean, wide, and dualized to modern standards, providing smooth and efficient transport throughout the city. It was refreshing to see how well-maintained the roads were, contributing to the city’s overall sense of organization and development.

Abidjan’s beauty extends beyond its roads, as it is a city marked by growth and prosperity. The skyline is dotted with towering skyscrapers, modern office buildings, and numerous multinational companies that have made it their home. The city feels well-planned, with a balance between business and everyday life.

During my visit, I explored several parts of Abidjan, each offering its own unique atmosphere:

• Plateau: The business and administrative hub, filled with skyscrapers, banks, and government offices, representing the city’s financial pulse.
• Cocody: An upscale residential area, home to embassies, universities, and the Presidential Palace, with leafy streets and luxury hotels.
• Marcory: A cosmopolitan district known for shopping, dining, and entertainment, catering to both locals and expatriates.
• Treichville: A lively area famous for its markets, rich cultural scene, and the Autonomous Port of Abidjan.
• Yopougon: The largest and most populous commune, celebrated for its nightlife, local eateries, and cultural vibrancy.
• Adjame: A bustling commercial hub known for its sprawling markets and strong Nigerian presence. Adjame hosts a large Yoruba community, and the area is alive with young Nigerians, especially Igbos, who are actively engaged in various businesses. This sense of entrepreneurship adds to the vibrancy of the area, making it a dynamic part of the city.

Abidjan is also home to a diverse mix of expatriates from Canada, France, Lebanon, Europe, and Belgium, many of whom have set up successful businesses. The city’s thriving economic atmosphere is a testament to the opportunities available for both locals and foreigners.

Though my time was limited, I could sense the dynamism and promise that Abidjan offers. Ivory Coast, especially Abidjan, gave me a glimpse of the country’s potential, its beauty, and the solid foundation it has laid in infrastructure and economic development.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Abidjan, Ivory Coast: A Glimpse Of Beauty And Development by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18
You no carry phone go to snap pics?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Fell A Victim To Keke/bike/cab TP Scam? Share Your Experience / Lagos-ibadan Tanker Explosion: Fear,as Tanker Explodes On Ibadan Bridge / The Only Reason Why The Government Must Put A Ban To Travelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.