Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,100 members, 7,973,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:23 AM

. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / . (1909 Views)

Please Help, Proton Security Lagos Has Robbed Me Of My Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Chevrolet076(m): 1:15pm On Sep 02
Re: . by Sonnobax15(m): 1:16pm On Sep 02
lipsrsealed
How can you be so stupid enough to refer someone to another person whom you just met online for a job interview.........

See, should anything happen to that lady, you'll definitely go down for it undecided

7 Likes

Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 1:19pm On Sep 02
This is my only chat with the guy. And she has followed up with the guy since yesterday before she was eventually robbed of her phone.

+234 902 712 9761

This is the guy's phone number.
Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 1:30pm On Sep 02
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
How can you be so stupid enough to refer someone to another person whom you just met online for a job interview.........

See, should anything happen to that lady, you'll definitely go down for it undecided

I don't know many companies that are employing so the only I saw is what I thought of assisting a friend with. She's just struggling for herself and needed something doing.

I won't respond to you if you reply me with such demeaning words.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Zonefree(m): 2:05pm On Sep 02
Chevrolet076:

I don't know many companies that are employing so the only I saw is what I thought of assisting a friend with. She's just struggling for herself and needed something doing.

She was robbed at Oriental hotel or somewhere else?

2 Likes

Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 2:17pm On Sep 02
Zonefree:

She was robbed at Oriental hotel or somewhere else?

By the person who invited her for the job interview at Oriental Hotel
Re: . by Zonefree(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02
Chevrolet076:

By the person who invited her for the job interview at Oriental Hotel
I know.... My question is, she was robbed at Oriental hotel or she followed the person to another location?

Update.

The lady just got home now. She said the person asked her to follow her to a cafe where she will add his name into her CV as the referee. On getting to the Cafe, he asked her to go and snap a passport and open her phone so she can send the CV from her Gmail.

And that's after she had paid 8,500 for 10 postal stamps

Then she couldn't find him again
I knew she must have followed the man to another place.

Is it American visa stamp he collected 8,500 from the lady? undecided

I think the lady was so desperate, the reason the thief got her so easy.

5 Likes

Re: . by jikolp: 3:05pm On Sep 02
First thing first, calm down. As long as you were genuinely trying to help the fellow you will find a way through it. Next time do not repeat this same mistake

8 Likes

Re: . by vincentont(m): 3:15pm On Sep 02
Zonefree:

I know.... My question is, she was robbed at Oriental hotel or she followed the person to another location?
@op kindly answer the question above.
Re: . by RealLordZeus(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02
She hasn't even gotten home and I don't know what to do.
I'm more concerned about this,

OP, Is she home now?
Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 3:44pm On Sep 02
Zonefree:

I have to wait till she gets home.
Re: . by Charmingrascal(m): 4:03pm On Sep 02
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

Referring someone for a job is not a crime.
It's not the OP's fault.
Obviously he was just trying to help a jobless lady.
The question now is where did the lady meet the said Franklin?
Did he give another address which is different from Oriental?
So many questions need to be ask.

7 Likes

Re: . by Charmingrascal(m): 4:07pm On Sep 02
Chevrolet076:

Don't mind him.
It wasn't your fault to refer someone for a job, obviously you were just trying to help her.

Where did the lady meet the man, was it the oriental address you gave or he gave her another address?

1 Like

Re: . by AlphaNugget(m): 4:33pm On Sep 02
Plot twist: The man tried sleeping with the lady at his home/office, but she ran away, leaving her phone behind
Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 4:52pm On Sep 02
Charmingrascal:

Don't mind him.
It wasn't your fault to refer someone for a job, obviously you were just trying to help her.

Where did the lady meet the man, was it the oriental address you gave or he gave her another address?

The lady just got home now. She said the person asked her to follow her to a cafe where she will add his name into her CV as the referee. On getting to the Cafe, he asked her to go and snap a passport and open her phone so she can send the CV from her Gmail.

Re: . by MrToothBrush: 4:53pm On Sep 02
Report to the bank
Re: . by Bazztadewu: 5:04pm On Sep 02
Well since she was robbed casually by a petty thief,report the case to the police. Let them track the phone ,get the buyer and the thief,then bill the family 3m in damages,if the thief had already stolen her weak funds in her acct,she should be happy and up it to 5m in damages. It would go a long way in this sapa nation tinubu don turn us into ....

4 Likes

Re: . by Smilleydr(m): 5:27pm On Sep 02
Chevrolet076:
I saw a job advert yesterday on a WhatsApp group chat and forwarded to a friend that needed a job. She went to meet the person this morning and the person robbed her of her phone. The said job is at Oriental Hotel and Suites

Now the Mom is calling me saying that I was the one who gave her the link. Please help me. She hasn't even gotten home and I don't know what to do.

This is my chat with the person that posted the job and he also said he doesn't know the Franklin guy personally but had done a printing job for him once.

Please help me. I was just offering to help a friend and this is even worse than the situation she was initially.

I want to get this Franklin guy please. Anybody that can help. And I need help for this lady too. This is the phone number of the guy +234 902 712 9761.

Cc Davide470, Seun, mynd44, nlfpmod

Update

my dear it's never your fault, just anything online job you just need to be careful, that s how one was charting me on WhatsApp that I should pay for registration fee s befoer he send me to interview, I told him I will come to his office and register he told me to just send the money I insisted I will prefer to come to the office, the second day he was the first person to called me in the money that I should send the money to fuel s car inother for us to see in the office, I told him he never Sabi work well make him still go back and learn more.

3 Likes

Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 6:20pm On Sep 02
Bazztadewu:
Well since she was robbed casually by a petty thief,report the case to the police. Let them track the phone ,get the buyer and the thief,then bill the family 3m in damages,if the thief had already stolen her weak funds in her acct,she should be happy and up it to 5m in damages. It would go a long way in this sapa nation tinubu don turn us into ....

Police will not do it for free
Re: . by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:55pm On Sep 02
Chevrolet076:

How is it your fault that she's a slow fella? undecided

Left an unlocked phone with an unknown person in 2024, mumu

2 Likes

Re: . by Nairalander248: 7:29pm On Sep 02
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

Very fast to call someone Stupid... If the job was legit, and he kept it to himself, what would you say??

It's quite unfortunate this is happening with your good intentions Op.

4 Likes

Re: . by Kingking001(m): 10:04pm On Sep 02
Tru helping her u also help yourself in learning not to enter trouble by yourself grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: . by ravensckar(m): 10:38pm On Sep 02
Dear OP, in as much as your intentions are "noble", you would have been tagged "complicit" had that lady been kidnapped or God forbid .........

The next time you refer someone to a job (especially if you don't know the advertiser personally), you should attach a caveat and advise the applicant to be security conscious.

Secondly, you should try to do more "follow up" by ensuring the applicant gets there safely and even request to speak with whoever they are going to meet.

It's never wrong to help anybody, but let's always proceed with caution so that we don't get in trouble in the process.

1 Like

Re: . by Prophet007: 11:06pm On Sep 02
I can help you track him down if the mobile number is still available or in use 07062357770
Re: . by Juliearth(f): 12:09am On Sep 03
Chevrolet076:
I saw a job advert yesterday on a WhatsApp group chat and forwarded to a friend that needed a job. She went to meet the person this morning and the person robbed her of her phone. The said job is at Oriental Hotel and Suites

Now the Mom is calling me saying that I was the one who gave her the link. Please help me. She hasn't even gotten home and I don't know what to do.

This is my chat with the person that posted the job and he also said he doesn't know the Franklin guy personally but had done a printing job for him once.

Please help me. I was just offering to help a friend and this is even worse than the situation she was initially.

I want to get this Franklin guy please. Anybody that can help. And I need help for this lady too. This is the phone number of the guy +234 902 712 9761.

Update

Wise men have said it here, times without number, that most of the jobs posted online are not legitimate. The victim trusted your judgement and let her guards down because she assumed the job giver is your trusted ally. I pray you sail through this unscathed and learn your lessons. You don't have any option than to appease the victim and her mother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Juliearth(f): 12:11am On Sep 03
Chevrolet076:

I know his words are brash, but he is right. You ought to have done your due diligence before forwarding to your friend
Re: . by AndroBlaze: 1:03am On Sep 03
Chevrolet076:

Update

Abeg make una de use words properly. "To rob someone" indicates there was a use of force. I was worried when I saw robbed and thought he might have even raped her (and then you would be in serious trouble).

Please from what you have described she was not "robbed"..he stole from her and deceived her, which is still pretty bad and there is no excuse as we are all suffering this country together.
Re: . by BigYash: 4:45am On Sep 03
Op go and do thanksgiving that she wasn’t raped,killed or kidnapped o. Police for use you shine.. Find money buy her phone and give her the 8500.. End the fvcking friendship,since the mother already thinks you planned the whole thing.. I am sure you learned from this.. Na why people no dey gree help people again.. I am sure if she had gotten the job,the mom wouldn’t have even called to say thank you. But she was quick to call you when it turned bad.. LIFE IS A TEACHER. Don’t feel bad,just don’t forget this lesson for the rest o your life on earth.. For those blaming him,I don’t blame you guys.. Shay una dey above mistake ni ,or to help person na bad thing for una village? I just dey ask .. Op try to ask questions on how you can trace the bastard with his bank details,and ensure he pays for his crime..
Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 5:54am On Sep 03
Juliearth:

I know his words are brash, but he is right. You ought to have done your due diligence before forwarding to your friend

I did, I called her all the way to the place until I asked how far and she said she'd get back to me which was the last message I got from her till her mother called that she had been robbed.
Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 5:58am On Sep 03
BigYash:
Op go and do thanksgiving that she wasn’t raped,killed or kidnapped o. Police for use you shine.. Find money buy her phone and give her the 8500.. End the fvcking friendship,since the mother already thinks you planned the whole thing.. I am sure you learned from this.. Na why people no dey gree help people again.. I am sure if she had gotten the job,the mom wouldn’t have even called to say thank you. But she was quick to call you when it turned bad.. LIFE IS A TEACHER. Don’t feel bad,just don’t forget this lesson for the rest o your life on earth.. For those blaming him,I don’t blame you guys.. Shay una dey above mistake ni ,or to help person na bad thing for una village? I just dey ask .. Op try to ask questions on how you can trace the bastard with his bank details,and ensure he pays for his crime..

I only have his phone numbers He used this in calling her 08142572204. And This was his WhatsApp 09027129761.

I'm trying to get send her like 10k but I'll appreciate if I can get any assistance for her. Maybe A job or money to at least get her a phone back
Re: . by BigYash: 6:10am On Sep 03
Chevrolet076:

I only have his phone numbers He used this in calling her 08142572204. And This was his WhatsApp 09027129761.

I'm trying to get send her like 10k but I'll appreciate if I can get any assistance for her. Maybe A job or money to at least get her a phone back
Well I don’t know where you will get that assistance from,cux it’s definitely not from persons like me that they have used stories to scam on Nairaland. Just like I advised you to learn from what happened to you,I have learned from what happened to me and from what happened to Goube on Nairaland ,while trying to help/assistance people that claimed to be in need.Since you are still looking for job for her after my advice to you ,I wish you good luck,if your story is even true in the first place.
Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 6:19am On Sep 03

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bank Phb Is Recriuting / Shell Invitation! / Bank Phb Salary Entry Level Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.