Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,763 members, 7,952,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:12 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1104 Views)

My Brother In-law Is Making Advances At Me / Help! My Sister In-law Is Seducing Me / My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Lovecode89(f): 5:56pm On Sep 11
Re: . by madridguy(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11
Tell any of your male sibling to follow you to any nearest police station, go and make entry and let the police invite your mother-in-law for threatening you. You must act fast on this because if anything should happen to your husband, the woman will show you shege.

I don't know how a reasonable mother will be threatening his daughter in-law for her own failure.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Wawelexy(m): 6:44pm On Sep 11
madridguy:
Tell any of your male sibling to follow you to any nearest police station, go and make entry and let the police invite your mother-in-law for threatening you. You must act fast on this because if anything should happen to your husband, the woman will show you shege.

I don't know how a reasonable mother will be threatening his daughter in-law for her own failure.

OP follow this advice....

Your husband has been locked 8n that addiction, only God can deliver him....

Gambling has done more harm than good to Nigerian citizens....

3 Likes

Re: . by njelrapheal: 6:49pm On Sep 11
gambling addiction is like weed alcohol or any other addiction. it can ruin ones life.. with gambling its more risky as funds are involved. the mental state forcing him to gamble is what needs to be tackled as he has lost control. let me ask. does he want to change? its a long rode but he is the only one to determine to beat it.

you need your safety first before you can help. that is if you want to. its a free world

1 Like

Re: . by Candidlady: 6:55pm On Sep 11
I read the two paragraphs

Then something told me that this writing will end in the usual way

So Iran down to the last paragraph

Lo and behold iwasnt disappointed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Lovecode89(f): 6:58pm On Sep 11
Re: . by Lovecode89(f): 6:59pm On Sep 11

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Lovecode89(f): 7:00pm On Sep 11

1 Like

Re: . by Lovecode89(f): 7:02pm On Sep 11
Re: . by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:24pm On Sep 11
ALL THESE PROFESSIONAL NL BEGGARS SEF WITH THEIR YEYE SOB STORIES!!!!
first he was a lazy husband who didnt work for the past 3yrs as seen below:

Lovecode89:
I'm just worried and tired. He don't want to take up small job either. So many private school around us, I have encouraged him severally to pick up a teaching job, but he kept on complaining on the small salary.
He prefer to be relaxing at home than trying little thing. Is this a character of a man that loves his wife and child?
Lovecode89:
Since we got married 3years ago, I have been the only one providing. I have been encouraging and supporting him to get a job, but all to no avail. He keep saying things will get better, but he's not working on anything

now he has upgraded to jobless gambling addict ... while you have upgraded to homeless, but you had a home all along, and YOU decided to leave that home. so to you, being homeless is better than living in a home with a gambling addict, abi?! your story makes very little sense.

3 Likes

Re: . by Foodqueen(f): 7:32pm On Sep 11
She wants to blame you for her failures.

She failed woefully as a mother and she wants you to clean up her mess.

Report her threat to police and make her write a statement.

3 Likes

Re: . by Lovecode89(f): 8:03pm On Sep 11

1 Like

Re: . by Lovecode89(f): 8:04pm On Sep 11
Re: . by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:12pm On Sep 11
Lovecode89:
Don't be too quick to condemned people. If you've not walked in their shoes.

as i stated earlier...

Lovecode89:
I'm just worried and tired. He don't want to take up small job either. So many private school around us, I have encouraged him severally to pick up a teaching job, but he kept on complaining on the small salary.
He prefer to be relaxing at home than trying little thing. Is this a character of a man that loves his wife and child?
Lovecode89:
Since we got married 3years ago, I have been the only one providing. I have been encouraging and supporting him to get a job, but all to no avail. He keep saying things will get better, but he's not working on anything

now he has upgraded to abusive jobless gambling addict ... while you have upgraded to homeless, but you had a home all along, and YOU decided to leave that home. so to you, being homeless is better than living in a home with a gambling addict, abi?! your story makes very little sense.

1 Like

Re: . by Mercylike: 8:16pm On Sep 11
Lovecode89:
Noted

Please follow that guy advice...

Go to police station and report the threat..

As for the man, leave him till he comes back to his senses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Lovecode89(f): 8:19pm On Sep 11
Re: . by Nicepoker(m): 9:11pm On Sep 11
Candidlady:
I read the two paragraphs

Then something told me that this writing will end in the usual way

So Iran down to the last paragraph

Lo and behold iwasnt disappointed

Help her out. Abi your hook up full time job isn't that lucrative?

1 Like

Re: . by chicfarmer: 9:19pm On Sep 11
Lovecode89:
All along I was with my abusive husband, enduring everything, almost lost my life in the process of trying to stop him from gambling. I kept on reporting to my mother in-law and my husband's siblings. My mother in-law always appreciate, applaud me and rebuke her son for not contributing to the family. Which he never made any change. And his mom has always been aware that he never changed.
There was even a time I reported to her on her son raising hand at me and I wanted to pack my things and go.
She called me and begged me. She told me not to, that marriage is not a bed of roses which I honoured her and stayed back.

One of his brothers opened up to me recently, that their brother has always been that way and their mother have always sided him.

I was the only ignorant person who knew nothing about his gambling habit.

Last month, I took a bold step and walk away. Without telling his mother.

Things are not easy for me and the children as well and my mother in-law is not happy with me. She recently told me on phone that his son is in my hand and if anything happens to him, I will be held responsible.

We presently don't have accomodation too. We are putting up in family house. Still battling on new school entrance and feeding.
It's not easy on me.

My husband has been kicking out of the house because he couldn't afford to renew the rent either. Which I notify his people and non of his family members help him out, because they angry with his lifestyle as well. He's stranded and staying in a friend's shop. The last time I saw him, he was looking so unkept and skinny, but he has not changed from gambling because I still saw one of those papers from his pocket.

I'm afraid. I don't want anything like suicide to happen to him. I don't want enemity between myself, his family and our children.

I'm been advised to ignore him that once he reach the bottom pit in his gambling decision, he will willing stop on his own. But I'm scared.

His mom is threatening me. She always prefer I stay with her son no matter what he do, which is not ok with me. And I have no intention to go back.

What would you advise in regards to my mother in-law?
What's your general advice in this situation?

And if you can help us in any little way to enable us pay for school, I will appreciate. I have enrolled them but we have some balance to clear up.
And we still don't have accomodation yet.

My humble advice to op, don't involve police yet. At this stage it is still purely a family matter and the police will tell you so. I respect your decision to separate from him for now.
At this point you must now fully involve your own family. Let them know your decision to separate from your husband and explain clearly the reasons why you have taken this decision, then let your father or whoever can stand as your father arrange for an enlarged meeting between your family and your in-laws. At this point the matter don pass your mother in-law power and she will learn to respect your decision.
Additional, I would advice that you also communicate your decision clearly to your husband and also let him know that your ultimate goal is to get him to clean up his life and get his acts together. I wish you all the best!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by eniolorunfe: 10:38pm On Sep 11
Why is your family not involved in all this. You didn’t mention them in your write up. Get them involved ASAP if you haven’t done so. If your MIL has anything to say, she should be saying it to your family not you. Abi you sef no be someone’s child? Also, next time she calls to threaten you, try and record it as proof because she might deny it when confronted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:47am On Sep 12
Take it easy on yourself and mil, I would say she has failed not to stopped her son habit because other siblings don't.she sees you has a way to control her son bad habit.It better to sit her down and have a lengthy discussion with her
Re: . by Lovecode89(f): 4:11am On Sep 12
Re: . by Lovecode89(f): 4:13am On Sep 12
Re: . by Candidlady: 4:20am On Sep 12
Lovecode89:
Ignore the last paragraph

Meaning you no longer need the accommodation?

1 Like

Re: . by oz4real83(m): 5:08am On Sep 12
The mom isn't threatening you, she is just being old-school. Old-school marriages mean that women must be with their husbands for better and for worse, they believe that gambling isn't even enough for a woman to run away from her husband shocked. Your husband is addicted and needs rehabilitation, he just can't help himself, he needs external help and i hope he finds it sooner.

2 Likes

Re: . by ibechris(m): 6:45am On Sep 12
U are calling it a threat...

This is the usual rant about most in-laws.

Just say u want to beg for assistance...ur mother in-laws statement is not a threat as we have heard this kind of line even before u.

U knew ur husband was a gambler and u accepted to marry him...or are u saying he hid it from u?

Just seek for assistance and u shall be assisted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by mrblessed(m): 7:48am On Sep 12
Threaten her back
Re: . by Lovecode89(f): 7:52am On Sep 12
Re: . by Baronthecelebri: 8:01am On Sep 12
You're the cause of your problem, why will you marry that kind of person, maybe he's good in bed, because women loves bad guys.
Re: . by AngelicBeing: 12:05pm On Sep 12
MrBrownJay1:

as i stated earlier...

now he has upgraded to abusive jobless gambling addict ... while you have upgraded to homeless, but you had a home all along, and YOU decided to leave that home. so to you, being homeless is better than living in a home with a gambling addict, abi?! your story makes very little sense.
You have started again with your eagle 🦅 eyes investigating skills, l will contact Femi Falana ( SAN)to sue you for 500 billion Naira for your post on nairaland, Haha 🤣

1 Like

Re: . by WeddingParol: 12:15pm On Sep 12
It really shows that you are still in love with your husband really wish things could change.

Unfortunately, gambling is a very dangerous but suble addiction that hardly stop until it finishes the victim.

First, you need to workout how to make make meaning with your life. Look for work or do business so that you can have a place for you and your children to lay your head.

Get a respected person preferably a male to talk to him from time to him.

Continue to pray for him and sometimes check on him. But avoid giving him money unless he is obviously about to die of hunger.

As for his mother's threat, involve your family members and your husband siblings. Do not return to the house yet until you see a significant chance.

The woman obviously failed in her responsibility but looking for someone to blame for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by JovialJune(f): 12:31pm On Sep 12
Lovecode89:
I do, but if you have problem with it, you can just ignore it. Thank you

You sound exactly like the renowned mercychen that always find ways to ask for money for accomodation, with a touch of arrogance.
Re: . by Mom007(f): 1:16pm On Sep 12
If you have left the husband, then you have left the family as well. She is the one that created that monster and now she wants to tie the baggage on you for life. Initiate a proper divorce so that you have no legal ties to him anymore.

Women! Train your sons properly and stop looking for a poor lady to foist your useless sons upon. Marriage is not a rehabilitation center!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plz Help Me Cousin Out Of This / Eight-year-old Girl Divorces Husband / Are You Looking For A Male Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.