Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,655 members, 7,962,134 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 12:24 AM

Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri (12880 Views)

Sule Lamido: Wike Made It Clear He Never Wanted To Become VP To Anyone / Senators Express Shock As Petroleum Ministry Spends N₦16m On Pens, Others / Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1975 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Islie: 2:28pm On Sep 29
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Heineken Lokpobiri, has said his counterpart in the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, is responsible for his appointment in President Bola Tinubu’s cabinet.

Lokpobiri made this known on Saturday at an event organised in honour of Wike by the Ijaw Peoples Congress in Port Harcourt, the Rivers state capital.

The former Senator also revealed that the move to become a minister in Tinubu’s administration started at Wike’s house in Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital, and concluded in his Abuja residence.

PUNCH Online reports that Lokpobiri, who hails from Bayelsa, was the Minister of State for Agriculture and Rural Development between 2015 and 2019.

He said, “It is important to tell you, my brothers and sisters, that me that is standing before you today as the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources was also made possible by Nyesom Wike. You also heard the account of the MD of the NDDC, who said that the minister of the FCT played a direct role in his appointment.

My own case could have been a more direct role. Some of you may not know. It all started in Wike’s house in Port Harcourt, and it all concluded in his house in Abuja. My second journey of becoming a minister started at the minister’s house in Port Harcourt, and it concluded in his house in Abuja. It is important for me to complete this history.

“Because when I was looking at the welcome address, our names were not included among those who have benefitted from his benevolence. I thought that my name, Heineken Lokpobiri, would have been included amongst those that he has helped. But since my name is not included, I have to complete it. I want you, Ijaw people, to know that we have a brother and a friend.

“It is always better to have a good friend than to have a bad brother. Of what use is a bad brother? It is of no use. But if you have a good friend, such as the FCT minister, you are already blessed.

“Your Excellency, the FCT minister, let me on behalf of the Ijaw people all over the world, express our gratitude to you for your show of love to Ijaw people. We Ijaw people are very grateful people. If you do us good, we will not pay you back with evil. So, we will always be grateful to you for what you have done for our Ijaw people. We are looking forward to you doing more for our Ijaw people.”

https://punchng.com/wike-made-my-appointment-as-petroleum-minister-possible-lokpobiri/?amp

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Racoon(m): 2:33pm On Sep 29
Political appointments attributed to political godfathers and never merit or competency. Then how can the appointees see the sacredness of the office they occupy?

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Ofunaofu: 2:34pm On Sep 29
And it turned out that both you and Tinubu, who are minister and minister for state petroleum resources, respectively, have become the worst petroleum resources ministers Nigeria has ever had. Superintending this incessant fuel pump price hike with the attendant scarcity, which has only succeeded in improverishing the people. 

It shall not be well with all of you.

54 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by id4sho(m): 2:34pm On Sep 29
Could it be there's more money in FCT than ministry of Petroleum

Something ain't adding up

8 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by etrouble: 2:34pm On Sep 29
You all should know whom the boss is

10 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by ULTIMATEAlone: 2:35pm On Sep 29
Lord Wike slayer of the lion of Ubiama🌟🌟🌟💪

Natural Herbal In Creamish Form For Longer And Thicker Penis And Bigger And Firmer Boobies Buttocks And Hippies

Noticeable changes in the first week of usage 💯

Increment of length and girth of the peni.s 💯

Increament and firmness of the booty boobies and Hipps 💯

No adverse effects of whatsoever 💯

Works effectively💯

Positive review from users 💯

Testimonies with pictures 💯

We do WAYBILL to all locations

Price is 10,000 plus WAYBILL

Phone/ WhatsApp : 0. 8. 0 .6 .7 .6 .4 .2 .1. 8. 5
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Godwin4444: 2:36pm On Sep 29
Underate wike at your own peril

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by brain54(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29
Another round of as. S licking...

Same way it started for fugbara on his journey to becoming governor.

So I would say No permanent friends in politics, only permanent interests.

Won't be surprising if tomorrow you and wike start washing your dirty and torn underwears to the chagrin of the public!

10 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Shadomaan7: 2:41pm On Sep 29
Wike is not just a politician but a master tactician

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Oakenshield: 2:52pm On Sep 29
Wike thinks he is boss of bosses well history always repeats itself.
Pride comes before a great fall to grass that's why it's better to always keep quiet.
Tinubu keeps on piling enemies and I guess PDP just never ready for am yet

12 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by etrouble: 2:54pm On Sep 29
Racoon:
Political appointments attributed to political godfathers and never merit or competency. Then how can the appointees see the sacredness of the office they occupy?

Submit your CV, let’s see what makes you more qualified than the people appointed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Penguin2: 3:09pm On Sep 29
Yes!

Because on your own you a daft with no pedigree to have earned Ministerial appointment if we were in a sane society.

But you people can have your party while it lasts. Because it will not last forever.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by CoronaVirusPro: 3:13pm On Sep 29
Never fvck with a Ikwerre man

They are have studied the art of power and war over generations and have perfected the art.

Having rifts among each other is normal for them, but just don’t let them export their trade outside. You will end up losing.

Wike is a true son of the soil!

Ikwerre Meka!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by CrushObituaries: 4:12pm On Sep 29
Wike is the man bitter grievingory Obi want to be but the embittered bitter grievingory Obi is groaning, grieving and mourning.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by straighttalk(m): 4:13pm On Sep 29
Good
Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:13pm On Sep 29
No wonder fuel is very expensive

2 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Golan007: 4:14pm On Sep 29
Wike finished Ipob.
grin

12 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Christ4ever: 4:14pm On Sep 29
Wike has Political sagacity no doubt. I admire it as well.

His weaknesses are pride, talkativeness and arrogance.

And without humility, you definitely won't end well.

He should learn to calm down.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by techbro1: 4:14pm On Sep 29
See the nonsense that these people say to our faces because of how much rubbish we’ve tolerated. If you have sense and some money, please leave this country for good. There’s nothing in it!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by ClearFlair: 4:15pm On Sep 29
The things you hear in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by SonofElElyonRet: 4:16pm On Sep 29

1 Like

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by mmafhew(m): 4:16pm On Sep 29
shocked
Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by highchief1: 4:16pm On Sep 29
Godwin4444:
Underate wike at your own peril
ppl no Dey hear word.wike na machine.i always tell ppl.nobody boasts for Nthg.wike made men na why.Im expecting any of the governors he talked to to return and insult him none so far

6 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Kukutenla: 4:17pm On Sep 29
Has he been telling you when to shite and when to sleep since then?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by David0002(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29
This Wike is really a political heavyweight. I pity Fubara in 2027

Greetings members of this forum. I hereby present a Telegram midnight prayer group where prayers are made every midnight by 12 am prompt. It is via Telegram live. It is only 1hr.

Wonderful and amazing testimonies are already happening. Join and see them for yourself.

To join, all you have to do is to chat me up on my Telegram number 2348083375001 so you can be added to the group immediately.

God bless you as you participate.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by BondRiv: 4:21pm On Sep 29
Supporters of secession and that neophyte in Rivers State will start wailing.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Samogloby: 4:22pm On Sep 29
So,the appointment was not based on qualifications.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Abagworo(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29
Wike the most influential man from South-south in Tinubu's government. Even Akpabio is missing in action as Senate President.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by Chucks13: 4:23pm On Sep 29
Racoon:

Ok we have heard you but why can't you give us your CV to check how competent you are?

I remember one of your gang yesterday foolishly said Edo governorship election mandate was stolen by apc and the wailer party called LP scored 21k votes in entire Edo state yet still shamelessly talking of stolen mandate is it with 21k votes Akpata want to become the governor?

Submit your CV let's see where you stand Mr Lagoon or Pacoon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by xtianchris(m): 4:24pm On Sep 29
CoronaVirusPro:
Never fvck with a Ikwerre man
[b]
They are have studied the art of [/b]power and war over generations and have perfected the art.

Having rifts among each other is normal for them, but just don’t let them export their trade outside. You will end up losing.

Wike is a true son of the soil!

Ikwerre Meka!
Always study in life .. That's the Goal ..

2 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by fasho01(m): 4:25pm On Sep 29
Na wa o.. We don't need a marabout to know where his allegiance lies.

Indeed, after Tinubu, Wike is the next most powerful figure in Nigerian politics right now.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Made My Appointment As Petroleum Minister Possible – Lokpobiri by ruggedtimi(m): 4:25pm On Sep 29
We know...you didnt tell them you were the one that recommended wike to Tinubu.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan / Overview Of The Mining Sector Under President Buhari First Four Years / Yerima Shettima To SE: Politicians Are Responsible For Your Suffering Not Buhari

Viewing this topic: mach7(m), Lowzones(m), Bobby4090, demospain(m), Bridiazof(m), Chine12(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.