Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,971 members, 7,936,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 01:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (994404 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uchechuwku: 8:05am On Aug 19, 2013
Vicjustice:
You're asking for advice on how to achieve something that is not to be. I believe you know too well that your narrated circumstances do not qualify you for a visa: First of all, your reason(s) for wanting to travel to the UK does not hold water, and you neither have job nor finance to fulfill the requirements: not even a naive visa officer will see you deserving a visa.

GBAMMEST.
Sad truth. So On point.
"A visa for a change of environment?"
How's that even "Imaginable?"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 19, 2013
Vicjustice:
You're asking for advice on how to achieve something that is not to be. I believe you know too well that your narrated circumstances do not qualify you for a visa: First of all, your reason(s) for wanting to travel to the UK does not hold water, and you neither have job nor finance to fulfill the requirements: not even a naive visa officer will see you deserving a visa.
@ the bolded cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

But there is nothing God cannot do ooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by StephGirl: 8:45am On Aug 19, 2013
Vicjustice:
For question 1, 2, 3 and 5, i think you're in a very good position and location to get first-hand information from the office of the people concerned: i say this because, you are currently in the UK.
As for question 4, the answer is (normally) NO because, under the data protection acts, it is not legitimate for a government office to give a person's documents with personal data to another person except in circumstances where legal representation is officially acceptable. A breach of this would mean a breach of your rights which may entitle you to taking legal actions.
Thanks VicJustice...Unfortunately if I have a better way of getting the info, I won't be here to ask.
It works slightly differently here than it does in Nigeria. For example, I would have submitted a postal application with a postal order for the application fee. I also would have booked for a priority application as everything is clearly specified. And if you are in doubt, you call or send an email and you will get a response. I have been calling the number provided on VAC website and it never went through. I also sent an email and got no response. Hence my being here seeking some help.
I thought you guys know more on how it works in Nigeria that's why I asked.
Thanks for the attempt to answer though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oriste(f): 8:58am On Aug 19, 2013
Thank you all here the visa of my friend and mine is out was granted after 2 denial within 3 months thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 19, 2013
oriste: Thank you all here the visa of my friend and mine is out was granted after 2 denial within 3 months thank you so much
Hi! Congrats smiley Pls when did you apply? Was it up to 3weeks before your last app can out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2013
kofsy:
@ the bolded cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

But there is nothing God cannot do ooooo
It is true that there's nothing God can not do, he can even help visa officers to detect those who have no reasons to travel to the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:53am On Aug 19, 2013
StephGirl:
Thanks VicJustice...Unfortunately if I have a better way of getting the info, I won't be here to ask.
It works slightly differently here than it does in Nigeria. For example, I would have submitted a postal application with a postal order for the application fee. I also would have booked for a priority application as everything is clearly specified. And if you are in doubt, you call or send an email and you will get a response. I have been calling the number provided on VAC website and it never went through. I also sent an email and got no response. Hence my being here seeking some help.
I thought you guys know more on how it works in Nigeria that's why I asked.
Thanks for the attempt to answer though.
I understand how frustrating sending emails or making phone calls to government offices could be, so I will recommend visiting an immigration office in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 10:09am On Aug 19, 2013
Vicjustice:
It is true that there's nothing God can not do, he can even help visa officers to detect those who have no reasons to travel to the UK

Need i say more cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 11:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
Dear All,
Please I have an issue bothering my mind. My wife and my 2 kids intend to travel to the U.K on holiday. My wife and my son (2yrs old) both have valid visas for the trip since this is not their first trip to the UK, but we need to get an entry clearance for my daughter cos she wasn't born the last time we all went to the UK on vacation (she is almost 2 months old).

I would like to ask the gurus in the house if she wouldn't be seen as too young for an entry clearance to be applied for, on her behalf by the entry clearance officer? ( My son was like 8 months old when we applied for his first visa in 2012)

Kindly assist ?

Justwise and Vicjustice, your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pastor4real: 2:08am On Aug 20, 2013
Get a passport for your 2 months old baby, then apply for visa. since u and your wife have a valid visa they will grant him/her too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:41am On Aug 20, 2013
SOTAJ: Dear All,
Please I have an issue bothering my mind. My wife and my 2 kids intend to travel to the U.K on holiday. My wife and my son (2yrs old) both have valid visas for the trip since this is not their first trip to the UK, but we need to get an entry clearance for my daughter cos she wasn't born the last time we all went to the UK on vacation (she is almost 2 months old).

I would like to ask the gurus in the house if she wouldn't be seen as too young for an entry clearance to be applied for, on her behalf by the entry clearance officer? ( My son was like 8 months old when we applied for his first visa in 2012)

Kindly assist ?

Justwise and Vicjustice, your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
An individual visa is required for every baby, only the babies in their mother's womb are exempted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 9:26am On Aug 20, 2013
Hello Justwise and Vicjustice,

I want to apply for UK visa for 5 days conference in UK and the balance in my account is 1Million, Do i have better chance ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Aug 20, 2013
wola44: Hello Justwise and Vicjustice,

I want to apply for UK visa for 5 days conference in UK and the balance in my account is 1Million, Do i have better chance ?

What do you do? Is the conference work-related? Who is sponsoring you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 10:15am On Aug 20, 2013
justwise:

What do you do? Is the conference work-related? Who is sponsoring you

Work as Telecom engineer & I am sponsoring my self .Also i am using my salary account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omobee23: 10:46am On Aug 20, 2013
Justwise, I am new on this forum. I am really trying to catch up with how to communicate well here.Seem not difficult at all. I have been given a UK Family Vist Visa after a year of appeal procedure. Finally BHC has withdrawn their initial decision and I have received my visa. In my last application that resulted into the refusal, I wanted to spend two weeks with my brother. Given the Visa, I want to spend three weeks vacation in the Uk with my brother's family this time. I hope there won't be any discrepancy at the aiport-that my last application says 2 weeks and ticket three weeks. i need to know befor e i buy my ticket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2013
wola44: Hello Justwise and Vicjustice,

wola44:

Work as Telecom engineer & I am sponsoring my self .Also i am using my salary account.
To help in accessing your chances, it would help if you give full details of your circumstances and your earnings etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ericas: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2013
Hello house,
I'd like to apply for a Uk family visit visa to attend my brothers wedding. I intend to be gone for 3 weeks during my leave. I work in a federal agency. I am married with kids. I will be travelling with my parents and my father will be sponsoring the trip. I learnt on this tread that I will be required to include my personal bank statement. The problem is that in June, I withdrew a chunk of my bank balance for a business transaction but the money has been returned; will this be considered BULK DEPOSIT.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 11:24am On Aug 20, 2013
Vicjustice:
To help in accessing your chances, it would help if you give full details of your circumstances and your earnings etc

At vicjustice i said

Work as Telecom engineer
Account balance of 1M,Salary account
my salary is 170k
5 days conference in UK .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:43am On Aug 20, 2013
omobee23: Justwise, I am new on this forum. I am really trying to catch up with how to communicate well here.Seem not difficult at all. I have been given a UK Family Vist Visa after a year of appeal procedure. Finally BHC has withdrawn their initial decision and I have received my visa. In my last application that resulted into the refusal, I wanted to spend two weeks with my brother. Given the Visa, I want to spend three weeks vacation in the Uk with my brother's family this time. I hope there won't be any discrepancy at the aiport-that my last application says 2 weeks and ticket three weeks. i need to know befor e i buy my ticket.

Not at all, considering the fact that the visa was delayed due to appeal, the reason for the initial travel is more or less irrelevant. If stopped at the POE explain the situation to them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ericas: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2013
ericas: Hello house,
I'd like to apply for a Uk family visit visa to attend my brothers wedding. I intend to be gone for 3 weeks during my leave. I work in a federal agency. I am married with kids. I will be travelling with my parents and my father will be sponsoring the trip. I learnt on this tread that I will be required to include my personal bank statement. The problem is that in June, I withdrew a chunk of my bank balance for a business transaction but the money has been returned; will this be considered BULK DEPOSIT.
Thanks
@Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
omobee23: Justwise, I am new on this forum. I am really trying to catch up with how to communicate well here.Seem not difficult at all. I have been given a UK Family Vist Visa after a year of appeal procedure. Finally BHC has withdrawn their initial decision and I have received my visa. In my last application that resulted into the refusal, I wanted to spend two weeks with my brother. Given the Visa, I want to spend three weeks vacation in the Uk with my brother's family this time. I hope there won't be any discrepancy at the aiport-that my last application says 2 weeks and ticket three weeks. i need to know befor e i buy my ticket.
The number of days that you stated during the application is mainly for formality and reference purposes, it does not bind you to limited duration of stay except if there is a clause in the visa conditions resulting in your visa carrying a "remark". Otherwise, you may stay for up to 6 months per visit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
wola44:

At vicjustice i said

Work as Telecom engineer
Account balance of 1M,Salary account
my salary is 170k
5 days conference in UK .
Your salary is cool, and your job is fine: if the application is well done, you can get the visa in one go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by codeninja(m): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hi Friends.

I got an invitation to attend a Software Developer summit in the UK in October.
The summit organizers are sponsoring my Travel and Hotel costs.

I just finished university (B.Sc.) in July, and not yet mobilized for NYSC. I have a part-time job in the university though. I dont have much considerable earnings though (average about N70k a month).

I want to access my chances of getting a business Visa.

I have a Letter of Invitation from the Summit Organizers.
I can get a letter of Introduction from my place of (part-time) work.
I have got a parents that have steady income in their accounts.
I traveled to the USA last year for a similar summit (while still a student though), but my passport went missing, so I have had to get a replacement.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
codeninja: Hi Friends.

I got an invitation to attend a Software Developer summit in the UK in October.
The summit organizers are sponsoring my Travel and Hotel costs.

I just finished university (B.Sc.) in July, and not yet mobilized for NYSC. I have a part-time job in the university though. I dont have much considerable earnings though (average about N70k a month).

I want to access my chances of getting a business Visa.

I have a Letter of Invitation from the Summit Organizers.
I can get a letter of Introduction from my place of (part-time) work.
I have got a parents that have steady income in their accounts.
I traveled to the USA last year for a similar summit (while still a student though), but my passport went missing, so I have had to get a replacement.

Thanks
Is this a testimony?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by codeninja(m): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
Vicjustice:
Is this a testimony?

Nope.
I'm asking
*what are my chances for getting a VISA?
* What documents do you think i need?
* Will i get the VISA in time, The summit is due for October 9. (I intend going to submit my application next monday)

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Vicjustice:
Your salary is cool, and your job is fine: if the application is well done, you can get the visa in one go

Thanks, Can u give me hotel reservation website near Victoria UK d conference center.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omobee23: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
justwise:

Not at all, considering the fact that the visa was delayed due to appeal, the reason for the initial travel is more or less irrelevant. If stopped at the POE explain the situation to them.

Justwise, thanks so much. I have all the relief needed now. Sticking with my three weeks stay. Just keep being great. Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omobee23: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
Vicjustice:
The number of days that you stated during the application is mainly for formality and reference purposes, it does not bind you to limited duration of stay except if there is a clause in the visa conditions resulting in your visa carrying a "remark". Otherwise, you may stay for up to 6 months per visit

VicJustice, thanks my person. You have saved a sister from a headache. I have booked for three weeks. Merci Bouqui.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hello All,

I'm in desperate need of urgent advice.

I am very new to this forum so forgive me if my questions have been previously answered a thousand times before...

My partner and I are coming home to get married this year, after dating for almost 2 and half years...

We've gone through the UKBA website and are comfortable in the areas of accommodation and finance

He has his own 3 bed house on a mortgage and lives there on his own.... And he's got a good job earning well over the £18,600.. Threshold...(- he is also British.)

The only problems we have are, I am overstayer on a visitors visa(, and i have overstayed for almost a lifetime)...and I took up employment in my name...

Also last year, I had an op for which I wasn't billed ( well, not yet) as I have an NHS number..

We have been asvised by a lawyer that it is better to disclose the work in a cover letter he writes in support of my application, to the BHC, and he also advised us to call the NHS to pick up the bill first before applying as I could be refused on this basis.

Do you think it's better to call NHS and ask them for a bill or wait until it is raised as an issue at BHC in Naija.

Would you also think it wise to include the work part in the cover letter or not.

Is it better to keep mum on this and If I am called for the interview, and it is asked, them I would open up about it?

Not sure if it helps, I've never made any application in the home office, neither have I come under the arrest or attention of police or immigration in the UK...

Thank you very much....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
Good Day to u all, it is acceptable to use scan copy of document sending to me frm my brother that is inviting me or I should tell him to send it through dhl. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ik.kao:
Hello All,

I am very new to this forum so forgive me if my questions have been previously answered a thousand times before...

My partner and I are coming home to get married this year, after dating for almost 2 and half years...

We've gone through the UKBA website and are comfortable in the areas of accommodation and finance

He has his own 3 bed house on a mortgage and lives there on his own.... And he's got a good job earning well over the £18,600.. Threshold...(- he is also British.)

The only problems we have are, I am overstayer on a visitors visa(, and i have overstayed for almost a lifetime)...and I took up employment in my name...

Also last year, I had an op for which I wasn't billed ( well, not yet) as I have an NHS number..

We have been asvised by a lawyer that it is better to disclose the work in a cover letter he writes in support of my application, to the BHC, and he also advised us to call the NHS to pick up the bill first before applying as I could be refused on this basis.

Do you think it's better to call NHS and ask them for a bill or wait until it is raised as an issue at BHC in Naija.

Would you also think it wise to include the work part in the cover letter or not.

Is it better to keep mum on this and If I am called for the interview, and it is asked, them I would open up about it?

Not sure if it helps, I've never made any application in the home office, neither have I come under the arrest or attention of police or immigration in the UK...

Thank you very much....
I'll get back to you in good time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ik.kao:
Hello All,

Thank you very much....
Even if you don't intend to apply for a visa, are you not supposed to pay your bills and debts?
This is the kind of ungrateful behaviour that causes problem to innocent Nigerian who are genuinely seeking visas.
Well, if you are married to a British citizen (or any other person with full rights of abode,) your old immigration flops and breaches will have little or no negative effect on your spouse visa application: the effect would be that you may be subjected to serious scrutiny in suspicion of involving in a sham marriage with the intent to obtain leave to remain in the UK. The onus would be on you to prove that your marriage is not one of convenience

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (426)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.