Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,730 members, 7,941,760 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1066362 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 11:28am On Sep 16, 2013
@girlfio 
@justwise
Hi I want u ask that I just received letter from tribunal and say that my hearing date on 28th November

.now what I do I have ready for new application doccument .I should wait our submit new application

Plz advice me
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by peacenlove: 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
johnwray:
Not sure this is the right thread - forum member pls provide guidance

Worth having a bash at admin review. Try and keep your argument strong but short - just a page long counter statement will do (no further evidence docs). just make references to the docs submitted earlier.

Issue to tackle - "Applicant was considered unsettled" due to 1) lack of ties and 2) financial circumstance. Number 1) you can easily get away with but 2) is a little tricky because ECO got it right somehow. I would concentrate more on 2) and play the human right card very well. God bless

Hi There helpfull nairalanders,
I require some urgent info, I intend requesting a administrative reveiew on behalf of an Inlaw, i feel some confidence after digesting the ECOs guidance on general visitors(http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CD4QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk%2Fsitecontent%2Fdocuments%2Fpolicyandlaw%2Fmodernised%2Fvisiting%2Fgeneral-visitor.pdf%3Fview%3DBinary&ei=Pvg2Uq6qBsfStQaS6oCwDw&usg=AFQjCNF2Wi7xgDHKTkwlMKcQk_eaBCuusQ&bvm=bv.52164340,d.Yms) that i may be able to highlight some points that need to be readressed.
The original Form was submitted at the Visa centre in IKEJA, can anybody out there please supply me the email address to which this reveiew is to be sent. on the refusal papers there is no address sugested for sending in a reveiew i guess because the reveiew is supposed to be for the points based system. Also can any body give me the adress for where the reveiew can be submitted by hand. The 28 day dealine is this wednesday so i really require this info A.S.A.P. The review form suggests that the form can be sent by email, fax, post or handed in. Thank you in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bunita11218: 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
@halle 26. i am just new on this forum please my deadline is also 4th of Oct please how did you expedite your appeal.please kindly inform me because i cant wait to be with my husband.

halle26:

@ JOHNWRAY

any update about your cousin's application and how long did it take for her passport to be returned?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsBee: 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Sorry to say this but that your friend is ignorant, there is no need at all to get a new passport, you will still get a visa to other countries even with the UK visa refusal, simply be honest with all your visa applications and keep your immigration record clear from any form of malpractices
@Justwise thanks for this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
bunita11218: @halle 26. i am just new on this forum please my deadline is also 4th of Oct please how did you expedite your appeal.please kindly inform me because i cant wait to be with my husband.

At this stage in the process I would have thought that your case has either or is due to be shortly reviewed by the ECM. Have you emailed the Sheffield office to find out if they have an update on your case?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ebiphi(f): 8:44am On Sep 17, 2013
Hello every one.
I need ur candid advise. I applied for tier 5 visa and was refused with the excuse that the COS I submitted wiv my application is invalid. I ve applied for an administrative review, which was delivered in sheffield since on the 27th of august 2013. Since then I ve nt heard anything from them. My question now is do I contact them to ask for the progress of the review or just wait till the 28 days is complete? Pls if I am to contact them, wht mail address of phone no do I use? Many thanks as I look forward to ur reply.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 11:22am On Sep 19, 2013
girlfio:

At this stage in the process I would have thought that your case has either or is due to be shortly reviewed by the ECM. Have you emailed the Sheffield office to find out if they have an update on your case?

@girlfio ,
@ JOHNWRAY
@ JUSTWISE

I want you to ask that I get my hearing date and I have all doccument ready do you think that if I submit now and immigration judge will overturned there decision . Before hearing date

Any chances ??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by matojusto: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
@justwise,girlfio,johnwray and adetorosey,pls kindly need ur help on this, as Adviced, i email the sheffield office yesterday just to have an update abt my Appeal which the deadline to be reviewed is 29/10/2013 by the original person that refused my application in the first place. So the sheffield office replied me back today, email stated.

Dear mr xxxxxxx

Thanks you for your email.

Iam unable to give you an update on your Appeal as it is not being processed in sheffield.your application was decided in Lagos,and that is where your Appeal has gone to. My visa categorie is family visit visa and not settlement visa,i think is only settlement visa issues is been handle in sheffield office.pls anybody with the lagos embassy email address and their phone number for me to reach them on for the followup on my appeal. I will really appreciate if i can get dat pls.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
leeon2011:

@girlfio ,
@ JOHNWRAY
@ JUSTWISE

I want you to ask that I get my hearing date and I have all doccument ready do you think that if I submit now and immigration judge will overturned there decision . Before hearing date

Any chances ??

I have heard that there are some cases where the ECM will overturn the refusal even after they've made the initial assessment that the case should go to court. I can only imagine this would happen in cases where they have not reviewed the evidence they have received fairly or if the applicant can clearly determine that their decision is in breech of immigration law/policy. The UKBA have been mandated to decrease the number of cases overturned by the court so if it is clear that they won't win a case then they may make a decision to overturn before it gets to court. Im not sure that submitting additional documents would cause them to change their decision as these should generally be submitted as part of the court case. It would probably be better if you could prove that they should reconsider their decision based on the information they've already received.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
mato-justo:
@justwise,girlfio,johnwray and adetorosey,pls kindly need ur help on this, as Adviced, i email the sheffield office yesterday just to have an update abt my Appeal which the deadline to be reviewed is 29/10/2013 by the original person that refused my application in the first place. So the sheffield office replied me back today, email stated.

Dear mr xxxxxxx

Thanks you for your email.

Iam unable to give you an update on your Appeal as it is not being processed in sheffield.your application was decided in Lagos,and that is where your Appeal has gone to. My visa categorie is family visit visa and not settlement visa,i think is only settlement visa issues is been handle in sheffield office.pls anybody with the lagos embassy email address and their phone number for me to reach them on for the followup on my appeal. I will really appreciate if i can get dat pls.

The contact details should be as follows for the Lagos office:

visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk or consular.lagos@fco.gov.uk
Tel numbers: +234 (1) 2619537 or 2619531 or 2619541 (telephone numbers were taken from this forum early on so they may have changed)

Trusting God that you'll get the answers you're looking for.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by matojusto: 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
[@girlfio,Thanks so much,i say capital AMEN to dat, i will keep u pple posted as it progresses.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missjiji: 9:44am On Sep 20, 2013
girlfio:

I have heard that there are some cases where the ECM will overturn the refusal even after they've made the initial assessment that the case should go to court. I can only imagine this would happen in cases where they have not reviewed the evidence they have received fairly or if the applicant can clearly determine that their decision is in breech of immigration law/policy. The UKBA have been mandated to decrease the number of cases overturned by the court so if it is clear that they won't win a case then they may make a decision to overturn before it gets to court. Im not sure that submitting additional documents would cause them to change their decision as these should generally be submitted as part of the court case. It would probably be better if you could prove that they should reconsider their decision based on the information they've already received.

Girlfio- good morning!

Please kindly explain further on the point you raised that " The UKBA have been mandated to decrease the number of cases overturned by the court" I tried checking on Google - no luck - Does this mean the UKBA wants the Judge to overturn less cases or that they want less cases to be sent to court for further hearing?

Thanks girl!.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ebiphi(f): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
Pls I need ur advice on this.
I need ur candid advise. I applied for tier 5 visa and was refused with the excuse that the COS I submitted wiv my application is invalid. I ve applied for an administrative review, which was delivered in sheffield since on the 27th of august 2013. Since then I ve nt heard anything from them. My question now is do I contact them to ask for the progress of the review or just wait till the 28 days is complete? Pls if I am to contact them, wht mail address of phone no do I use? Many thanks as I look forward to ur reply
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
ebiphi: Pls I need ur advice on this.
I need ur candid advise. I applied for tier 5 visa and was refused with the excuse that the COS I submitted wiv my application is invalid. I ve applied for an administrative review, which was delivered in sheffield since on the 27th of august 2013. Since then I ve nt heard anything from them. My question now is do I contact them to ask for the progress of the review or just wait till the 28 days is complete? Pls if I am to contact them, wht mail address of phone no do I use? Many thanks as I look forward to ur reply

Who sent the review to Sheffield? I don't think reviews are handled in sheffield.

customer.service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
for UKBA: VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by leeon2011(m): 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Email Customer Enquiry Unit.

Correspondence Address:
HM Courts & Tribunals Service, First-Tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber)
P.O. Box 6987, Leicester, UNITED KINGDOM. LE1 6ZX
Telephone: (0044) (0)300 123 1711 
Fax: (0044) (0)116 249 4192
Minicom: (Text Phone) (0044) (0)300 123 1264

ebiphi: Pls I need ur advice on this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
missjiji:

Girlfio- good morning!

Please kindly explain further on the point you raised that " The UKBA have been mandated to decrease the number of cases overturned by the court" I tried checking on Google - no luck - Does this mean the UKBA wants the Judge to overturn less cases or that they want less cases to be sent to court for further hearing?

Thanks girl!.

Hi missjiji. It costs the UKBA to take a case to court. That is the reason why they have the ECM review the case before it gets to that stage. They want to see judges overturn less cases because then this will justify their additional spend. This doesn't mean that they want to see less cases get sent to court, they just want to be sure of a win. This means that as long as you provide strong evidence to support your eligibility for the visa you are less likely to have your case sent to court, its not in their interests to do that. Unfortunately this is not always the case but the hope is that the vast majority of us that meet the requirements and can support our refusals with documentary evidences should not expect the case to progress through the court system.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dappyfresh: 3:03am On Sep 21, 2013
Please help me....this is extremely recent if you are reading this september 21 2013.....I applied for ireland visa was rejected ....then I did the appeal....then after several weeks ....I got a mail saying I was called but didn't pick up the phone ....its just a visting visa ...is there hope for me....pls
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dappyfresh: 3:10am On Sep 21, 2013
I appealed about 8 weeks ago...and I just got the email on the 17th saying that I should come to abuja to collect my documents....they didn't say anything about passport....please I have missed my family all of them for 6 years ...have been schooling alone in nigeria...the email also read all efforts to reach applicant failed....please a have not slept since then .....what can I do.....see what nigeria has caused oo...nepa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:39am On Sep 21, 2013
dappyfresh: I appealed about 8 weeks ago...and I just got the email on the 17th saying that I should come to abuja to collect my documents....they didn't say anything about passport....please I have missed my family all of them for 6 years ...have been schooling alone in nigeria...the email also read all efforts to reach applicant failed....please a have not slept since then .....what can I do.....see what nigeria has caused oo...nepa

I'm guessing that you made an application for a family visit visa. In which case I expect the appeal was sent to the Abuja office for consideration. The best thing to do at this stage would be to first collect your documents, I expect that along with your papers there should be a summary of their response to your submitted appeal. If you only get your documents back and no indication of the outcome of your appeal then you can send an email to the Abuja office requesting an update.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2013
dappyfresh: Please help me....this is extremely recent if you are reading this september 21 2013.....I applied for ireland visa was rejected ....then I did the appeal....then after several weeks ....I got a mail saying I was called but didn't pick up the phone ....its just a visting visa ...is there hope for me....pls

Ask the question here https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dappyfresh: 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Okay thank you for the reply....my dad has sent a courier service to get it..we should have it by monday...worst case scenario, what if in the documents the result of the appeal say rejected or something like that....does that mean I ave to reapply is that the end
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Matadaz(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2013
@ justwise, johnwray, girlfio and everyone in the house

To God Almighty be all the Glory.

My Appeal was allowed last week Thursday and got the determination this Tuesday.
I really want to say a very big THANKS to justwise,johnwray,lamorsy,Girlfio and all the other
Members of the House.

I pray to God to pls continues His Favour upon the members of this House,amin.
To the new Members,try read up the post,most of what U need for ur application are here.

Thanx alot to the House.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
Matadaz: @ justwise, johnwray, girlfio and everyone in the house

My Appeal was allowed last week Thursday and got the determination this Tuesday.
I really want to say a very big THANKS to justwise,johnwray,lamorsy,Girlfio and all the other
Members of the House.

To the new Members,try read up the post,most of what U need for ur application are here.

Thanx alot to the House.

Awwww! i'm really happy for you, really great news! Congratulations!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Matadaz(m): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
@ Justwise

Thanx so much for being U.

Takia
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by matojusto: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
@matadaz,am so much happy for u,the lord has finally show is favour upon ur Appeal,i really thank God for that. Still waiting for the rest of us with appeal issues to be Allowed, Especially girlfio. Mine is still under review now,i pray b4 29/10/2013 i will receive a positive result just like u just did now by God grace.i say congratulations once again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2013

Members of the House.

Thanx alot to the House.

Oh wow, Praise God, I'm so very happy for you. This is really an encouragement to those that persevere, in the end it will all work out in your favour. I pray that the UK welcomes you with open arms, you deserve it. smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
mato-justo:
@matadaz,am so much happy for u,the lord has finally show is favour upon ur Appeal,i really thank God for that. Still waiting for the rest of us with appeal issues to be Allowed, Especially girlfio. Mine is still under review now,i pray b4 29/10/2013 i will receive a positive result just like u just did now by God grace.i say congratulations once again.

We celebrate with those that have the good news, they too will celebrate with us when we receive ours. smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Matadaz(m): 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
@ mato-justo
@ girlfio

Thanx alot,as U Guys celebrate with me,U will be celebrated as well soon,amin.

God Almighty will surely extend His favour upon U insha Allah,amen.

We will continue praying for one another and by His Grace,more good news in

the House including mato-justo,girlfio and the rest members of the House.

Takia
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by matojusto: 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
@girlfio
@matadaz

I say a capital AMEN to that,the rest of us still waiting for good news in the house,will all laugh last like matadaz did.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ebiphi(f): 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
@justwise, tnx for ur responds. I was told in british high commission lagos that the point where my application was refused is in sheffield, so I was given an address to forward the review notice to, which I did via DHL and it was delivered on the 27th of August.
Below is the address I was giving:
Vulcan house,
6 millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU uk.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2013

Members of the House.

I pray to God to pls continues His Favour upon the members of this House,admin.

Thanx alot to the House.

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and to God be all the glory. I've always believe that what is rightly yours can never be denied you. I pray that all of us that are expecting positive decisions on our appeals get desired results in Jesus name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.