Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,942 members, 7,959,970 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (877610 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayboss: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
I'm working in Nigeria, put in my 30 days as my office doesn’t grant study leaves.
Plan B come back and start a farm. Quite frankly
. @pholareen1 amen ohh,same as you mine also clocked 15 working days too,God dey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayboss: 11:28am On Sep 04, 2014
pholareen1: It was my 15th working day yesterday. I guess the real waiting has just started. But all is well. I'm very hopeful I'll get it by the end of this week. Can I hear someone help me with an Amen?

Lol. Teleperformance got me doing this.
amen ohh mine also clocked 15 working days,God dey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 11:30am On Sep 04, 2014
Hello All...

Please do I need a sponsor letter? My sister is my sponsor. My fees have already been paid. My maintenance money has been held in my account, in my own name, even though she supplied all the funds.

I want to know if I need a letter from her stating she's the one going to sponsor me for the duration of my studies? Should she also send financial documents, like her own bank statements?

I had thought that the maintenance money held in my own name would have been sufficient proof of financial independence

Pls a quick response is appreciated

Cc justwise spikesC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 11:50am On Sep 04, 2014
IntroVAT: Hello All...

Please do I need a sponsor letter? My sister is my sponsor. My fees have already been paid. My maintenance money has been held in my account, in my own name, even though she supplied all the funds.

I want to know if I need a letter from her stating she's the one going to sponsor me for the duration of my studies? Should she also send financial documents, like her own bank statements?

I had thought that the maintenance money held in my own name would have been sufficient proof of financial independence

Cc justwise spikesC

Once you have the whole maintenance money held in your own account under your own name for 28 days then you dont need any other document

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 11:57am On Sep 04, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

Once you have the whole maintenance money held in your own account under your own name for 28 days then you dont need any other document

Even a sponsor letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 11:57am On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

I'm working in Nigeria, put in my 30 days as my office doesn’t grant study leaves.

Plan B come back and start a farm. Quite frankly
No matter the challenges, God shall favour our heart desire. Hope for the best, and it shall come to past.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:57am On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Thanks a lot bro. I know nothing is guaranteed. With hard work, determination and a teeny weeny bit of luck, anything is possible.

At least I choose a reputable school or so they tell me.

All the very best, give it your best shot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 11:59am On Sep 04, 2014
IntroVAT:

Even a sponsor letter?

Thats all you need once you have the money under your name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2014
IntroVAT: Hello All...

Cc justwise spikesC

No you don't, so far so good with your arrangements. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francini(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
@justwise pls I submitted on 29th August @ Abj. when I checked online my status message was your passport n docs have been forwarded to the British high commission, since then I have been checking to see if the status will change but it hasn't. should I expect anymore status message ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
francini: @justwise pls I submitted on 29th August @ Abj. when I checked online my status message was your passport n docs have been forwarded to the British high commission, since then I have been checking to see if the status will change but it hasn't. should I expect anymore status message ?
From people's experiences here that status may remain that was until you get your visa, don't always count on it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francini(m): 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
@Justwise I paid for courier and I am meant to pick up my doc n passport from the UPS office near me, I wont know when the docs arrive. #serioustrouble
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francini(m): 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
@Justwise is it safe to pull out money meant for maintenance from my account this period, as I have a pressing need?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
francini: @Justwise is it safe to pull out money meant for maintenance from my account this period, as I have a pressing need?

If you got your visa now then you can withdraw the money, but if your application is still pending then its a bad idea

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nageo(m): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
Good day all,

Big kudos to all those that has really made this thread very informative.

I've been following this thread as a guest for sometime but decided to signup so as to enable proper interaction.

I recently got an offer at Sheffield Hallam University, the tuition fee is 9150 (12150 - 3000, discount given to Nigerians) plus maintenance fee of 7380, making it a total of 16530 . With the initial deposit of 1000 as requested by the school, my CAS was sent and I applied for visa on 2nd sept 2014.

My dad can sponsor my stay in Uk effectively but I can't afford to start counting my 28days as the school's intial start date is 15 sept 2014, so we got a sponsorship letter from my local government stating that the sum of 4.5m would be made available to me as soon as the visa is issued.

Do I have to relax that the visa will be approved and issued?

Please I need your thoughts and insight on this.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
Please oo my statement of account bears a different address from the one on my tb certificate and passport. And I can't travel to get the utility bill to change the address

Secondly, my documents, certificates, bear Chukwuma but my account name has it as Chuma. But my surname and middle name tally perfectly will this be a problem?

Cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Morgan89(m): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
Got mail today from teleperformance that my Visa is ready 4 pick up. Applied 6th August tier 4. All thanks to God.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sunvick(m): 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
Morgan89: Got mail today from teleperformance that my Visa is ready 4 pick up. Applied 6th August tier 4. All thanks to God.

Congrats man. We are still waiting ohh.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nageo(m): 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Morgan89: Got mail today from teleperformance that my Visa is ready 4 pick up. Applied 6th August tier 4. All thanks to God.
Congratulations. .still hopeful for mine, applied at abuja center two days ago.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Allenbaba(m): 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
I did not get any CAS document from my university (Middlesex University). All I got was an email containing my sponsor's details and my CAs number. I understand I need to submit my CAS when applying for my visa. Can I print this email and it along? Thank you house. My interview is on the 9th of September at Ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd: My 28th day is today,also paid my tuition gotten my tb certificate. I just don't know why I'm scared of going to the UK now.

Did anyone have cold feet before the msc? The challenge ahead of me seems daunting! No plagiarism? We virtually copied and pasted our assignments in Nigeria.

No family? No old friend? No Nigerian food? Racism? Infact I barely slept last night. Think I had a panic attack!

Justwise, did you have any of these feelings before leaving for the uk?

SpikeC how are you coping?

I am scared

Am doing fine. Still staying with my bro currently and as i came very early, everything seems to be falling in place.
If you've lived on your own in Nigeria, then you don't have anything to worry about.
People generally are friendly and university support in the UK is to notch.
They help in everything. Where to get accommodation, food and even where to party. They will direct you.

For me, i believe racism is a thing of the mind. Just try to make friends with as much people as you can, get connected and be open minded.
But be careful though, white people are very corny and unstable.
They can sue you for stupid things.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
Allenbaba: I did not get any CAS document from my university (Middlesex University). All I got was an email containing my sponsor's details and my CAs number. I understand I need to submit my CAS when applying for my visa. Can I print this email and it along? Thank you house. My interview is on the 9th of September at Ikeja.

That, is your cas document.
Print it, as is, from your email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nageo: Good day all,

Big kudos to all those that has really made this thread very informative.

I've been following this thread as a guest for sometime but decided to signup so as to enable proper interaction.

I recently got an offer at Sheffield Hallam University, the tuition fee is 9150 (12150 - 3000, discount given to Nigerians) plus maintenance fee of 7380, making it a total of 16530 . With the initial deposit of 1000 as requested by the school, my CAS was sent and I applied for visa on 2nd sept 2014.

My dad can sponsor my stay in Uk effectively but I can't afford to start counting my 28days as the school's intial start date is 15 sept 2014, so we got a sponsorship letter from my local government stating that the sum of 4.5m would be made available to me as soon as the visa is issued.

Do I have to relax that the visa will be approved and issued?

Please I need your thoughts and insight on this.
Thanks.

If all is well, then yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Morgan89(m): 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
Allenbaba: I did not get any CAS document from my university (Middlesex University). All I got was an email containing my sponsor's details and my CAs number. I understand I need to submit my CAS when applying for my visa. Can I print this email and it along? Thank you house. My interview is on the 9th of September at Ikeja.
Just print the email, at Imperial College you would copy and print the CAS number. there is no special document called CAS, its just the number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Please oo my statement of account bears a different address from the one on my tb certificate and passport. And I can't travel to get the utility bill to change the address

Secondly, my documents, certificates, bear Chukwuma but my account name has it as Chuma. But my surname and middle name tally perfectly will this be a problem?

Cc justwise

Your TB certificate is supposed to bear your UK school address.
You need a court affidavit for your name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2014

Congratulations. It means mine is getting closer. I applied 13th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
House please, what is the interview like, I mean d embassy interview... secondly, how do I pay for the Visa application, is it online or in person, or in a bank... Then finally, my maintenance fee is 10,800pounds, I kept 3,000,000naira in my account, but at d end of d month d bank taxed d money making it 2,999,617naira... Hope dis won't affect my 28days rule cos d day it was taxed was my 26th day

Cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
Got an approval email on friday on the 29th and ups delivered my parcel today.Thanks to GOD and my oga's in the building grin, meanwhile my visa is going to expire in febuary 2016 and my course is ending on oct 20th 2015, na real faaji after school oh

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
jamela: Please help, I plan to apply and pay for visa tomorrow. My money has stayed well over 28days.
Those that have received visa, pls when did you print the bank statement? Was it before or after u made your online payment for visa? I plan to print the statement today and apply'n'pay for the visa tomorrow (na fear dey catch me for exchange rates oh, dunno if my balance will still be enough if I print statement after the deducted visa fee). Is this okay? Has anyone received visa doing this?
Secondly, which date do I print the Oanda conversion? Is it the day I print out the statement or d day I apply online for visa?
Abeg help o better pple!!!

Justwise, Spikesc, donomns, pls oh help me out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
jamela: Please help, I plan to apply and pay for visa tomorrow. My money has stayed well over 28days.
Those that have received visa, pls when did you print the bank statement? Was it before or after u made your online payment for visa? I plan to print the statement today and apply'n'pay for the visa tomorrow (na fear dey catch me for exchange rates oh, dunno if my balance will still be enough if I print statement after the deducted visa fee). Is this okay? Has anyone received visa doing this?
Secondly, which date do I print the Oanda conversion? Is it the day I print out the statement or d day I apply online for visa?
Abeg help o better pple!!!

You can print at anytime as far as it covers a consecutive 28days.
Budget 100k for the visa application, subtract that from the money in your account and see if the balance would be enough to cover your maintenance fund

Print the oanda page the day you paid for your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
spikesC:

Your TB certificate is supposed to bear your UK school address.
You need a court affidavit for your name

Yeah but there is a full section dedicated to full residential address before the Uk address.

I can get gtb to change my name.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Yeah but there is a full section dedicated to full residential address before the Uk address.

I can get gtb to change my name.

That address is not important

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (503)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.