Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,918 members, 7,959,885 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 09:26 AM

Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) (24466 Views)

InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by dmainboss: 10:39am On Jan 03, 2012
jay bee:

The key point here is:

I was only doubting your claimed fact that people in the pub looked amazed when the dude ordered 6 glasses of beer.
So you know, we all take turns to provide the rounds for the drinking buddy so nothing exceptional with one of the buddy carrying 6 glasses when it could have simply been his own turn to do the round.
gerrit now?

I get your point. makes sense. I think what amazed the guys around is they didnt think he was trying to do the round for everyone.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by Exponental(m): 10:49am On Jan 03, 2012
Inspired autos, tanx 4 d tips, learnt from it. Pls fwd ds 2 exponental24@yahoo.com

also, using ur car 4 commercial on ur way 2 ur destinatn can subsidize d fuelling cost, bt, be security conscious oo.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by Acodynas1(m): 11:14am On Jan 03, 2012
God help us
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by mpeg(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
burn less fuel on gens, get an inverter with batteries, also buy energy saving bulbs
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by mastro: 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
save on petrol in your Gens, use alternate fuels,
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by MrLagos: 3:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
Or an easier way visit www.paretoenergysystems.com
Our Air Fusion Device allows your generator or car/bus/truck to become 20-40% more fuel efficient.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by onyxo76(m): 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2012
nice tips, i have observed that people 'free wheel' their cars ie riding the car in neutral gear,does this save petrol?
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by Eshlatunde: 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
@amsoweird: You don vex o!, Eh you are actually what your name says you are, Dont forget that Jonathan is also part of this forum LOL
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by SkySpirit(m): 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
Jonathan's presidential campaign promise of "FRESH AIR"
F= Fuel subsidy removal
R= Religious and ethnic crises
E= Expands in bombings from one part of the country 2 another
S= State of emergency in some states
, H= High rate of poverty and unemployment

A=ASUU strikes
I= insecurity in 2012 budget
R= Restlessness and frustration in our youths

Well Mr president, God took away the kingship from Saul when he went contrary to his law, be warned!!!!!!!!
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by SkySpirit(m): 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Its no longer a comedy show, the senate shld as a matter of urgency seek ways 2 stop the Grand Comedian Federal Republic (GCFR) of Nigeria b4 an "Nzeogwu" does, #justsaying#
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by SkySpirit(m): 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nah!!!! DEMOCRACY FOR LIFE. Remember, the worst civilian govt is better than the best military govt!!!!!!!!
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by UyiIredia(m): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
This is most helpful. My thanks to the OP.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by r231(m): 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nice
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by lastpage: 1:53am On Jan 04, 2012
From now onwards, my next ten pikins will all study Petroleum Refining/Engineering!

That way, we will have our own in-house Refinery and Uncle Joe can shove his subsidy down his "dry Cabal-ar.se" for all l care!

Mtechew, Cabal my left foot!

Lastpage
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by 9jaCrusade: 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
@ amsoweird

I am truly so sorry about your disappointment. The only thing that bothers me is why anybody will logically vote GEJ to help Nigeria. I said it then that I will not approve him to run my father's SME. Please Nigerians, I plead, look critically at people before you allow them a chance at government coffers. Better you dont even vote than do so for the wrong person.GEJ had nothing of the sort to even accept obasanjo's offer. I am not at all surprised at what He has done. I await more disaster to his voters, chiefly the 'pastors' who sowed seeds of tribalism and religious bigotry in April 2011. My ears itch to hear whether GEJ is still who God told them or not, thanks to the millions he doled out for PR.

Whatever comes by, all will end up well in nigeria's favour. I hope this will be a time for people to truly draw a line on who owns Nigeria- the cabal and its stooge in Government or the resilient NIGERIAN citizens.

@sky spirit- thank you very much for reminding us about that ideology. The sad truth is that few may be fooled by ideologies but many are not deceived by realities. Your quote collapses in the face of rigorous analysis. They will continue to tell you such things because once you believe your mind closes to further analysis. The new countries emerging in Asia and middle east, S/America over the past 50 yrs have not practises it. China, Dubai, Qatar, Indonesia, Thailand, Brazil, Russia, Vietnam et al spent a huge part or none at all without democracy. They guarantee great future for their citizens. That list is not meant to be exhaustive. Even in Nigeria, most of the most important life improving infrastructures were done by 'the boys'. I love democracy but I'm advising you that the law of life teaches us that nothing is total in itself. There are varied ways to live life. God bless.

@ inspired- sorry for my digression. It is out of a heavy heart for the weak. You are doing a great job. My contribution is that regular service be carried out. A weak engine losses it's ability to function well, hence guzzles fuel.
Secondly, Plan your trips well. Don't just go out because your bum itches. Lump your movement as best as you can. For those in Lag, avoid rush hours and traffic jams. It's the heaviest guzzler.
Pls note that these measures are temporary as the illogical withdrawal will not hold in Jesus' name
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by yungboss(m): 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2012
Thanks for these helpful tips Brother,, and for those of you looking forward to buying V8 and V6 Engines, you need to have a re-think and consider Vehicles like:

1. Kia Picanto

2. Hyundai Gets

3. Hyundai Accent

4. Toyota Yaris

6. Toyota Corolla (1.6L), e.t.c
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by inspiredm(m): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2012
GO HYBRID

Hybrid Cars are the Best to Drive these Days, they switch between Petrol and Hybrid Battery, If you can afford One, Go for it.

Toyota Camry Hybrid,

Toyota Prius Hybrid

Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Honda Accord Hybrid

Nissan Altima Hybrid.

Dont be Deceived, there is nothing complicated about Hybrid Cars, Maintenance is cheaper and Very easy to Maintain.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by yemmyyy(m): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2012
it all depends on individual financial capacity
if you cant afford a hydrid car, buy a kia picanto.
if you can't afford a kia, buy a bike.
if you can't afford a bike, buy a camel.
if you can't afford a camel, start walking.
if you can't afford to walk the rest of your life, RISE AGAINST SUBSIDY REMOVAL.!!
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by serenegroup(m): 4:05am On Jan 10, 2012
men I love all the comedians in the house. Am just laughing. Each one has a point to make really and am really happy for the various fuel saving tips that u all suggested. But will jo reverse his decision?
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by Lexusgs430: 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2012
inspired_m:

GO HYBRID

Hybrid Cars are the Best to Drive these Days, they switch between Petrol and Hybrid Battery, If you can afford One, Go for it.

Toyota Camry Hybrid,

Toyota Prius Hybrid

Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Honda Accord Hybrid

Nissan Altima Hybrid.

Dont be Deceived, there is nothing complicated about Hybrid Cars, Maintenance is cheaper and Very easy to Maintain.

On long trips, hybrids would not be hybriding . Electric cars are the way forward !!!
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by jaymdee(m): 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
We need tips on how to get back to N65 per litre. This is also a form of palliative measure, abi? Or are you GEJ Jnr? :-(
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2012
In fact i tried these things today on my way to church this morning and it didnt work much.

I drove my Baby boy Honda accord from my residence on the Island to church in Ikeja approximately 17kilometres Journey X2 = 35kms round trip and my fuel went down fast angry sad

I didnt use AC and i drove at a speed of 90km/hour undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by inspiredm(m): 11:00pm On Jan 17, 2012
toba:

In fact  i tried these things today on my way to church this morning and it didnt work much.

I drove my Baby boy Honda accord from my residence on the Island to church in Ikeja approximately 17kilometres Journey X2 = 35kms round trip and my fuel went down fast angry sad

I didnt use AC and i drove at a speed of 90km/hour undecided lipsrsealed

We have about 10 tips You Only Used /Stated 2 Tips. ( AC and Drive Slowly )

Different Cars with Different Issues, These Tips Would Work Most of the Time When Most of the Tips have been taken into Consideration.

Example ; If your Air Filter is Clogged up, Using the Other Tips May not Save you Considerable Fuel.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by Knight1(m): 10:38pm On Jan 18, 2012
@OP
I beg to disagree with the tip on switching off for traffic;
unless you are likely to be in traffic for more than five, it's better to keep engine running. the fuel expended @ ignition is much more than one used in running.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by NosaTheo: 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2012
Can someone please advise which of these two cars should be more economical in terms of fuel economy and maintenance for a middle class worker.

Is it the Toyota Highlander 2003 or Hyundai Tucson 2006

What are their current prices now in Lagos (custom cleared Tokunbo)?
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by waterfuel: 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2012
hi everyone,

[/color]
i just want to introduce IDEAGATES Nigeria to you all.

WaterFuel Technologies is a subsidiary of IDEAGATES and is a provider company basically into water-fuel technology and charged water system.The water-fuel technology serves as a fuel-saver using water as fuel with an average savings between 30%-70% fuel consumption. It reduces global warming through the reduction of nitrogen oxides and hydrocarbon emissions from combustion engines.

[color=#000099]waterfuelnigeria@gmail.com
+2348072652154[b][/b]

www.water4gas.com/Africa

Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by Idrive: 11:08am On Feb 20, 2012
Hi guys,

Just wanted to take this opportunity using this site to introduce you to the TopDriver.

Everybody wants to know if they are truly worthy of the accolade of being crowned “TOPDRIVER”, manufacturers alike would do anything for this title. Well here’s your opportunity to finally find out if you have what it takes to be the #1 Topdriver & TopDrivers Car. Many have argued amongst themselves about their prowess behind the wheels, their extensive knowledge of all the roads, physical ability, exciting near misses, evading notorious police checkpoints and ninja like Lastma officials to the locations of bone shattering potholes and adventures they’ve had behind the wheels likewise all major car manufacturers who all seem claim to have the best cars and models specified for the Nigerian roads, now they’ll get to know what those who have bought them or plan to buy them really think.

The TopDriver successfully combines our love for automobiles, entertainment,music and film to create an exciting lifestyle brand.

With a can do spirit and an attraction that goes beyond just cars, our mission is to build a unique and exciting motoring magazine that will appeal to Nigerians,our inherent love for automobiles and ultimately the rest of the world.

Our goal is to make the TopDriver grow from being Nigerias most exciting online motoring magazine, into a successful lifestyle and entertainment company.

you dont have to be a car guru to be a Topdriver, please feel free to share all motoring related news, traffic updates, pictures of rare and exotic cars on our roads, or you may just feel like venting.

so if you have what it takes to be the the TopDriver

Follow us on twitter @TopDriverNG

Strap on your seatbelts and put on helmets because it’s going to be a wild ride filled with exciting twists and turns.

I will keep you updated on this page on the latest developments.

Best Regards

idrive

please feel free to share your thoughts and i will happy to answer your questions, cheers guys!!!
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by FabulousAutos(m): 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2012
Light foot driving to me is the summary of gas saving tips. In addition to helping you save on fuel, it also helps in preventing premature brake wear as well as reducing pressures which can tear down your transmission.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by isis2: 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2012
Nice tips but driving without AC is a big no for me.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by BrownBee: 5:13pm On Mar 14, 2012
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by fuelsaver: 9:27pm On May 02, 2012
MAGIKO PROMISES TO SAVE YOU UP TO 30% EACH TIME YOU BUY FUEL, DIESEL AND GAS FOR 5-GOOD YEARS FOR YOUR VEHICLES AND GENERATORS. I WILL PROVE IT TO YOU BEYOND EVERY REASONABLE DOUBT IF YOU ARE READY TO MARKET IT WITH ME TO SAVE MONEY FOR ALL VEHICLES AND GENERATORS USERS. PRICE N3,500. CALL 08036911968

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.