Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,881 members, 7,966,300 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:08 PM

-- - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / -- (1180 Views)

Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria / Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will / Choosing A Husband/Wife: God's Will Or Your Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

-- by nice4life: 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
--
Re: -- by trekkie: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2012
i feel u. i join you in prayer
Re: -- by Joagbaje(m): 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2012
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land
Re: -- by trekkie: 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
true word only God can save us.
@joeagbaje Happy New Year my brother.
Re: -- by God2man(m): 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2012
Great thread. God has already given man the power to dominate over everything on earth, he has handed over to man to dominate according to Genesis 1:26; and psalm 8:6 "thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet". Unfortunately, man lost the greater part of this priviledge as a result of sin, precisely after the fall of man in Genesis 3. Then man started to seek the face of God.
Many people believed that we have prayed enough and that prayer cannot solve our problem, but the truth is that if all christians in Nigeria can unite together in one accord in fasting, prayer and weeping and cry to God that Boko haram should be disgraced and silenced forever in Nigeria, it shall be so. It has happened few years ago during the time of abacha, there is nothing that is too hard for God to do, if only we can do the right thing as a christian Boko haram will become history, let me tell you, as a christian, we have more than enough weapon in God's armoury to fight this battle, we can use fire, brimstone, wind, confusion, thunder, fear, blindness, and the rest, if only we can pray. May God help us. God2man.
Re: -- by God2man(m): 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2012
Great thread. God has already given man the power to dominate over everything on earth, he has handed over to man to dominate according to Genesis 1:26; and psalm 8:6 "thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet". Unfortunately, man lost the greater part of this priviledge as a result of sin, precisely after the fall of man in Genesis 3. Then man started to seek the face of God.
Many people believed that we have prayed enough and that prayer cannot solve our problem, but the truth is that if all christians in Nigeria can unite together in one accord in fasting, prayer and weeping and cry to God that Boko haram should be disgraced and silenced forever in Nigeria, it shall be so. It has happened few years ago during the time of abacha, there is nothing that is too hard for God to do, if only we can do the right thing as a christian Boko haram will become history, let me tell you, as a christian, we have more than enough weapon in God's armoury to fight this battle, we can use fire, brimstone, wind, confusion, thunder, fear, blindness, and the rest, if only we can pray. May God help us. God2man.
Re: -- by claremont(m): 1:02am On Jan 08, 2012
If it takes prayers for a nation to develop, I think Nigeria should be the most developed country in the world by now.
Re: -- by trekkie: 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2012
Re: -- by inedi: 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2012
I love this
Re: -- by emofine2(f): 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2012
claremont:

If it takes prayers for a nation to develop, I think Nigeria should be the most developed country in the world by now.

grin cry
Re: -- by alaper: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2012
nice4life:

God does not and will not interfere except prayers goes up to heaven.its time to pray against the evil going on in Nigeria.We need God supernatural intervention to save us from the power of evil that is overwhelming everyone of us.God is more powerful than our enemies, when God arise all the enemies will scatter but God will not arise if we do not pray.Prayer is the key to our collective deliverance.When king David was confronted with evil he prayed in psalm 18, God showed up and was very furious with the enemies and David was delivered.There was never a time in history when the people of God were delivered without their calling upon the name God for deliverance, God has not changed.He is the same yesterday, today and forever.The battle can be won on our kneels, God is still on the throne lets go on our kneel and watch him act.

I thought God is supposed to know the future!!!! Why pray then when God already knows what will happen. Am I the only one seeing the obvious contradiction? God already knows what Nigeria will look like in 2013 tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Why "Allah Wakubaru" In A Bloody War / Born Again Christians.pls Contribute / Excerpt From "A Case Of Tithes"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.