Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,198 members, 7,936,713 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 08:40 PM

Attracting More Buyers To The Auto Section - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Attracting More Buyers To The Auto Section (463 Views)

Best Time 4 All Prospective Buyers To Come, Exchange Rate Is Okay Now / Is The Auto Section Dead??? / List Of Scammers In The Auto Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attracting More Buyers To The Auto Section by BizBooks(m): 2:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
There is no easy solution to our problems in the auto section. Some dealers are still doing all they can to remain on the front page even if that means violating the rules. Numerous warnings from the moderators have not deterred them from doing so. I really do not blame them because if you are not on the front page, you might as well not bother coming here.

One viable solution to this insatiable urge to remain on the front page may be to de-centralise it. By this I mean that when you come to the auto section, you will no longer see a front page as it is today. Rather you will see child boards containing categories of cars for sale. For instance, you will see categories such as:

Toyota
Honda
Nissan
Acura
Audi
BMW
etc

If you have a Toyota for sale, you post it on the Toyota thread. If you have a Honda for sale, you post in on the Honda thread and so on. In the addition to eliminating the need to continuously fighting to remain on the front page, this will make it easier for buyers to find what they are looking for.
Re: Attracting More Buyers To The Auto Section by jbak: 12:09am On Jan 26, 2012
This is a brilliant idea.
However, I feel it gives the impression that everyone visiting wants to buy a car.

My suggestion is to try out this idea on the bulk section(which I presume is designed for those seeking to buy cars) and see how it plays out.

In the meantime, if a decision is made to follow through with the initial idea, it may require more broader categories/sub categories such as adverts, enquiries, comments, questions etc

The overall idea would be, if I come on and I want to buy a car, make enquiries, advertise or what ever, I can either go to a section or I am able to filter the posts and see what is available.

I bet this would entail a great deal of work but its worth considering

(1) (Reply)

Let's Help You Out / Urgently Needed A 2002 Toyota Rav4 / Vw Golf3 650.000 Thousand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.