Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,438 members, 7,961,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (829451 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kollinz003(m): 3:15pm On May 27, 2013
I'll be heading to the UK (Wales) soon for my masters degree soon. I however plan to relocate/visit the USA or Canada as I am completing my studies in the UK. Would I be allowed to apply for a visa from the UK for this purpose or would I have to come back to Nigeria first? Please I need your advice. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by FutureDon(m): 5:07pm On May 27, 2013
kollinz003: I'll be heading to the UK (Wales) soon for my masters degree soon. I however plan to relocate/visit the USA or Canada as I am completing my studies in the UK. Would I be allowed to apply for a visa from the UK for this purpose or would I have to come back to Nigeria first? Please I need your advice. Thanks.

For a visiting visa, you can apply from the UK. You don't have to go back to Nigeria to apply.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 27, 2013
monchouchou: Hi honey86, pls can you provide me with more information about university of manchester? Just got an llm offer and I'm considering accepting it. What's the school fees payment plan like? Must I pay everything at once? Also is it better to get accomodation outside campus or not? Thanks,p
The university allows you to spread payment over 3 installments, but for the purpose of visa you would need to have the whole fee in your account. About accommodation, the school doesn't have a compound, the accommodations managed by the schools are not in one place. What you could do is to search for one closest to the place you will be receiving lectures.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kollinz003(m): 9:59pm On May 27, 2013
What is the RATING, not RANKING, of Swansea university in the UK - I am a graduate of law in Nigeria, with plans to further my education in the UK for my second degree and I recently got admission to study for my masters in law at Swansea University. Having regards to the standards placed on some schools, kindly inundate me on how high Swansea University is rated in the UK. Not necessarily university ranking, but the actual rating of Swansea University in the UK. I really need this info to help me know whether I should chose another school that is rated higher or stick with them since their fees are quite affordable compared to other schools. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:50am On May 28, 2013
kollinz003: What is the RATING, not RANKING, of Swansea university in the UK - I am a graduate of law in Nigeria, with plans to further my education in the UK for my second degree and I recently got admission to study for my masters in law at Swansea University. Having regards to the standards placed on some schools, kindly inundate me on how high Swansea University is rated in the UK. Not necessarily university ranking, but the actual rating of Swansea University in the UK. I really need this info to help me know whether I should chose another school that is rated higher or stick with them since their fees are quite affordable compared to other schools. Thank you.
UK degree is UK degree

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by monchouchou: 10:31am On May 28, 2013
Err, Fados4sure, UK degree is different from UK degree!! or do you want to say that a degree from Oxford, UCL, etc is d same with a degree from some "other" Schools?? its best he makes proper enquires before spending such money and in the end it wunt be highly valued by employers or he wunt get his money's worth.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 28, 2013
@honey86 thanks for that info. Pls cn u provide with ur contact email, i have sent a pm to u. Need to ask u smthn
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:42am On May 28, 2013
honey86:
Congratulations on your admission. I am also studying at the University if Manchester. it is an excellent school, I must say. Things are cheap and we have loads of stores that sell African food ingredients. I am staying in a private hostel accommodation, wilmslow park, its a good place but quite pricey. I can't say much about private houses but the only advice I can offer is that make sure you are on ground to view your accommodation before you pay any agent or landlord. About the part time job, there are jobs but I doubt your workload will give you enough time to consider taking one. if you need more clarification pls let me know.
thanks. I really need more clarificatn, kindly send me ur email pls.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by monchouchou: 11:47am On May 28, 2013
honey86:
The university allows you to spread payment over 3 installments, but for the purpose of visa you would need to have the whole fee in your account. About accommodation, the school doesn't have a compound, the accommodations managed by the schools are not in one place. What you could do is to search for one closest to the place you will be receiving lectures.

@Honey86 thank you very much. I will do just that. Are you a post graduate student there?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 28, 2013
monchouchou:

@Honey86 thank you very much. I will do just that. Are you a post graduate student there?
Yes I am.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HZwriters: 8:36pm On May 31, 2013
please advise me, apart from tuition and accommodation fees, how much should I budget on foods, transports and other logistics. thank you in anticipation of your assistance.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by FutureDon(m): 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
HZwriters: please advise me, apart from tuition and accommodation fees, how much should I budget on foods, transports and other logistics. thank you in anticipation of your assistance.

It varies across cities. I suggest you drop the name of the city you would be relocating into in order to get an almost accurate analysis.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HZwriters: 9:59pm On Jun 01, 2013
FutureDon:

It varies across cities. I suggest you drop the name of the city you would be relocating into in order to get an almost accurate analysis.
Thanks the city is Dundee, Scotland
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ikeogams: 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
This thread is cool. EDUCATIVE and MIND-OPENING

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 05, 2013
kollinz003: What is the RATING, not RANKING, of Swansea university in the UK - I am a graduate of law in Nigeria, with plans to further my education in the UK for my second degree and I recently got admission to study for my masters in law at Swansea University. Having regards to the standards placed on some schools, kindly inundate me on how high Swansea University is rated in the UK. Not necessarily university ranking, but the actual rating of Swansea University in the UK. I really need this info to help me know whether I should chose another school that is rated higher or stick with them since their fees are quite affordable compared to other schools. Thank you.

Swansea is ranked 38th for law -- http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Law
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hello people! Please any idea about the university of hertfordshire in hatfield? What is life like?
eGuerrilla:

Swansea is ranked 38th for law -- http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Law

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 10:40am On Jun 06, 2013
Hope you guys/girls are taking advantage of free language courses in your schools- most school offer them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Skywalker5(m): 11:18am On Jun 06, 2013
For those in portsmouth interested in summer jobs, you can apply for this

http://www.compasseventjobs.com/job-details_25101.aspx?so=11

I did the job when i was in school.You will have to tell your friends also to apply due to the location and cab fee. Its around chichester but you have to take a cab to the venue. Going with others saves you moving in taking a cab.You will find some people sometimes waiting at the train station looking for people to share cab with but that's not a guarantee.

For people outside Hampshire,click on the homepage. There are jobs in other locations there.

Best of luck
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by blaze007(m): 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
Sean lenux: @Obi123 thank you very much. @ all in the house, pls really need ur candid advice. Having gotten an unconditioner MSc offer to study at the university of manchester which will cost a total of 7million naira, i am able to gather 1million naira in all. Now some ppl advised me to go for it that when i get to the school i might get a school loan or walk my way to any lecturer in the department for sponshoship while some ppl advised to forget about the admission and use the money something else. Pls as fellow nigerians studying in the UK how do you see this and how feasible is the ikewood of getting being assisted by any lecturer or the department. Thank you
even in naija dat u re a citizen, which lecturer wil sponsor u or who wil giv u dat kind loan? Guy na gobe u dey o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Godwin10(m): 12:49am On Jun 13, 2013
how much does one need to go study an undergraduate course in the Uk. Just specify base on the one you are currently.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 13, 2013
Godwin10: how much does one need to go study an undergraduate course in the Uk. Just specify base on the one you are currently.

£11,000 per year
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 12:59am On Jun 13, 2013
adaobi123:

£8750 per year

which school
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:00am On Jun 13, 2013
Godwin10: how much does one need to go study an undergraduate course in the Uk. Just specify base on the one you are currently.

budget 10,000 pounds...trust me, i did research grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 13, 2013
spikes C:

which school
obama secondary sch, MARKUDI
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 13, 2013
ighoosagie:
obama secondary sch, MARKUDI

angry
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 13, 2013
spikes C:

which school

most unis. max is £9000
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:05am On Jun 13, 2013
adaobi123:

most unis. max is £9000

which google are you using to search for your own grin

ok, you qualify for home fees. cool
Me am gonna pay 11,500 soon....not funny angry
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 13, 2013
spikes C:

which google are you using to search for your own grin

ok, you qualify for home fees. cool
Me am gonna pay 11,500 soon....not funny angry

oh yeah, my bad. international fees grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:13am On Jun 13, 2013
adaobi123:

oh yeah, my bad. international fees grin grin

Stop laughing, i am paying 11,500 angry
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 2:14am On Jun 13, 2013
spikes C:

Stop laughing, i am paying 11,500 angry

you're coming to jand ?!? grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:31am On Jun 13, 2013
adaobi123:

you're coming to jand ?!? grin
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2013
spikes C:
embarassed embarassed embarassed

tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (213) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.