Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,042 members, 7,963,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 10:59 AM

Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here - Islam for Muslims (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here (117454 Views)

A Brother Just Join The Nairaland Muslim Family / Jazakallah Khairan To The Nairaland Muslim Community / Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by maclatunji: 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2013
EasyArch: Hi Everyone, I wouldnt say am Exactly new on Nairaland (I have been a member since last year) but I av not been really active, so I guess am still a newbie in a way (plus am visiting this section for the 1st time).
I feel so at home here. B4 I forget am Isiaq, Architect with a lag based firm, am from Ilorin Kwara state.
PS: I really wanna be a better muslim, I hope Y'all gonna help me out with that? kiss Salam

Wa Alaykum Salam, you are welcome sir. We are all trying to be better Muslims here. Hence, you are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by deols(f): 10:19am On Mar 05, 2013
Welcome, Ishaq. You have a name I like smiley
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
assalam alaykum....Shehu Haroon frm Kogi State University..........
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by maclatunji: 12:49am On Mar 06, 2013
Neoblazers: assalam alaykum....Shehu Haroon frm Kogi State University..........

Wa Alaykum Salam, welcome bro.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Herbdullerh(m): 1:29am On Mar 06, 2013
As salamu alaeykum warohamotul llahi wabarokaatuh
M̶̲̥̅♈ name is Abdullah a̶̲̥̅♏ from ibadan but a̶̲̥̅♏ presently at mowe ogun state W̶̲̥̅̊ђξrξ a̶̲̥̅♏ working, a̶̲̥̅♏ an artisanand ℓ̊wish to b a part of this A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ ℓ̊ hope U̶̲̥̅̊ guys W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̊ƪƪ make M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ a __̅_̅̅_̅̅̅G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥O̲̣̣̥ό̲̣̣̣̥̥̊ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ muslim may almighty Allah help us
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Herbdullerh(m): 1:40am On Mar 06, 2013
shocked
IbroSaunks:
lol!most people are "brown"! Me ayam black and i don't like it sad sad but Alhamdulillah!

you, white ke? anyone from ibadan is black! grin grin grin

Is it only people from ibadan that black? What about people from sokoto?
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Herbdullerh(m): 7:46am On Mar 06, 2013
hennychico: Salam every1' My name is Suliat Subair.not new tho'buh I'm posting on d islam segment 4 d first time I'm a 300level law student in lasu. Hoping to av fun in dis forum.Jazaks Yu r doin a grt work wiv Islam.

Salaam and u are highly welcome
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Herbdullerh(m): 8:24am On Mar 06, 2013
As salamu alaeykum M̶̲̥̅♈ brethren ℓ̊ came across something when ℓ̊ read a book and ℓ̊ know this is the right place for me to get the real answer the question is that IS GARDEN OF HEDEN Ø̲̣̣̥Ŋ EARTH which is jannatul adnni I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ qur'an And they even said the place is I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ turkey what ℓ̊ want to knOw is that is it true
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by maclatunji: 8:52am On Mar 06, 2013
Herbdullerh: As salamu alaeykum M̶̲̥̅♈ brethren ℓ̊ came across something when ℓ̊ read a book and ℓ̊ know this is the right place for me to get the real answer the question is that IS GARDEN OF HEDEN Ø̲̣̣̥Ŋ EARTH which is jannatul adnni I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ qur'an And they even said the place is I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ turkey what ℓ̊ want to knOw is that is it true

Salam Alaykum bro. You need to create a thread for this your question and you might want to change this your font.

To create a new thread, click on 'Islam for Muslims' and then click on 'Create New Thread'.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Agana4us(m): 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
Volume 1, Book 1, Number 2 : Narrated by 'Aisha (the mother of the faithful believers) Al-Harith bin Hisham asked Allah's Apostle "O Allah's Apostle! How is the Divine Inspiration revealed to you?" Allah's Apostle replied, "Sometimes it is (revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state passes ' off after I have grasped what is inspired. Sometimes the Angel comes in
the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says." 'Aisha added: Verily I saw the Prophet being inspired Divinely on a very cold day and noticed the Sweat dropping from his forehead (as the Inspiration was over).
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Agana4us(m): 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Volume 1, Book 1, Number 1 : Narrated by 'Umar bin Al-
Khattab I heard Allah's Apostle saying,
"The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Ibnjurayj(m): 11:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
Assalaamu Alaykum Warahmatullaahi Wabarakaatuhu my Brothers and Sisters in Islaam, My name is Misbah Bin A'bdul-Ghaniy Bin A'bdus Salaam An-Naijiree, just fall in on Nairaland last week. Single brother actually looking for a good single muslimah.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Ibnjurayj(m): 11:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
deols: Welcome, Ishaq. You have a name I like smiley
Hmm
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by maclatunji: 11:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ibnjurayj: Assalaamu Alaykum Warahmatullaahi Wabarakaatuhu my Brothers and Sisters in Islaam, My name is Misbah Bin A'bdul-Ghaniy Bin A'bdus Salaam An-Naijiree, just fall in on Nairaland last week. Single brother actually looking for a good single muslimah.

Wa Alaykum Salam, welcome bro. Good luck with your search.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Ibnjurayj(m): 12:30am On Mar 07, 2013
Herbdullerh: As salamu alaeykum M̶̲̥̅♈ brethren ℓ̊ came across something when ℓ̊ read a book and ℓ̊ know this is the right place for me to get the real answer the question is that IS GARDEN OF HEDEN Ø̲̣̣̥Ŋ EARTH which is jannatul adnni I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ qur'an And they even said the place is I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ turkey what ℓ̊ want to knOw is that is it true

‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Amr said: “I heard the Messenger of Allah saying that the [Yemeni] Corner and the Station [of Ibrahim] are two of the precious stones of the Garden, whose light has been extinguished by Allah. If He had not extinguished their light, it would illuminate everything between the east and the west.” (At-Tirmidhi, 804)

NB:
I'm not really sure how authentic this hadith is tho, but Jannatu 'Adn is real for Allaah mentioned it in the qur'an. Just keep holding to the rope of Allaah akhee, that's more important. We ask Allaah to pardon us of our forgetfulness and mistakes and grant us Al-Jannah and help us over the kuffaar, amiin.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Ibnjurayj(m): 12:36am On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Wa Alaykum Salam, welcome bro. Good luck with your search.

Im sure you aware that its shirk believing in good or bad luck, since its ideology of the kuffaar so we should be opposite. Whatever happens good or bad is been predestined, and no one has decree to change it, Allaah knows best akhee.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by maclatunji: 8:32am On Mar 07, 2013
Ibnjurayj:

Im sure you aware that its shirk believing in good or bad luck, since its ideology of the kuffaar so we should be opposite. Whatever happens good or bad is been predestined, and no one has decree to change it, Allaah knows best akhee.

LOL, no it isn't shirk to wish another person well. Predestination does not eliminate the fact that some will be fortunate and others unfortunate. You want us to enter an unecessary debate? Create another thread.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by deols(f): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2013
I agree with ibn Jurayj and it isnt about wishing someone well but about wishing them luck.

welcome to all newbiesss grin
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Ibnjurayj(m): 10:53pm On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL, no it isn't shirk to wish another person well. Predestination does not eliminate the fact that some will be fortunate and others unfortunate. You want us to enter an unecessary debate? Create another thread.

No need to debate akhee let me make it clear to you; wishing one luck and well is two different things; good lucks which is magic are from sorcerer who claim they have ability to change what Allaah has ordain to opposite. wishing you well/success on your exams which is a good gesture in islam is permisible but wishing you good luck is like i expect magic to happen. Trust me bro there are many things we say in english sometimes but when you look at it as per Islam you feel something is not right.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Ibnjurayj(m): 10:56pm On Mar 07, 2013
deols: I agree with ibn Jurayj and it isnt about wishing someone well but about wishing them luck.

welcome to all newbiesss grin

abi now he just try to be smart and twist it
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by maclatunji: 11:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ibnjurayj:

abi now he just try to be smart and twist it

LOL, when I say, I wish you 'good luck', I mean I wish you well. There is no need to twist anything. The problem you have is with the word. I don't expect magic to happen my friend. Increase your 'word power'.

These are synonyms for the word luck in English: Synonyms: advantage, big break, blessing, break*, fluke.

I wish you a beneficial outcome. In that context, I mean God's blessings. Don't be too eager to prove you know so much. It pays to listen and exercise patience
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Ibnjurayj(m): 12:19am On Mar 08, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL, when I say, I wish you 'good luck', I mean I wish you well. There is no need to twist anything. The problem you have is with the word. I don't expect magic to happen my friend. Increase your 'word power'.

These are synonyms for the word luck in English: Synonyms: advantage, big break, blessing, break*, fluke.

I wish you a beneficial outcome. In that context, I mean God's blessings. Don't be too eager to prove you know so much. It pays to listen and exercise patience

Astaghfirullaah akhee i dont know nothing Allaah knows best im not even a student of knowledge yet. May Allaah increase us all in knowledge amiin.

Wallaahi i never meant you intend magic, saying good luck is just wrong for a muslim to say. I've used it in the past -im not bragging about wrongdoing just for naseehah purpose. This is what too much of english cause to us you know.

May Allaah make us better muslims and pardon us when we forget or go into errors.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by maclatunji: 8:27am On Mar 08, 2013
^Don't worry, I won't be lazy again in future (God-willing). I will just type what I mean: it seems many people have different perceptions about certain words like: "Luck", "Okay", "will" and so on.

The other day, a sister was explaining how words like "ill" and "bad" are changing in meaning. Language is very dynamic. Oh well... enough of digression.

Back to introducing ourselves and getting welcomed. Most of you newbies are hiding after introducing yourselves- no fun in that.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Ramon2gud(m): 10:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
My name is Abdulrahman Ali..I am new to this forum.currently,i am serving at Umuahia and I am more than glad to be reckoned with this forum consisting of muslim brothers and sisters.I belive my learning continues.. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by maclatunji: 6:56am On Mar 09, 2013
^You are welcome. Enjoy NYSC positively.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by ibrobell(m): 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
My name is Ibrahim Bello. Am not really a newbie, am not so active in islamic section. but its better late than never
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by maclatunji: 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2013
ibrobell: My name is Ibrahim Bello. Am not really a newbie, am not so active in islamic section. but its better late than never

You are welcome sir.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Herbdullerh(m): 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ibnjurayj:

Astaghfirullaah akhee i dont know nothing Allaah knows best im not even a student of knowledge yet. May Allaah increase us all in knowledge amiin.

Wallaahi i never meant you intend magic, saying good luck is just wrong for a muslim to say. I've used it in the past -im not bragging about wrongdoing just for naseehah purpose. This is what too much of english cause to us you know.

May Allaah make us better muslims and pardon us when we forget or go into errors.
[color=#000099][/color]

What are you people arguing about let us forget about d magic or nor magic let face d hadith of prophet muhammed salallohu alaehi wasalam said in nnamal ahmalu biniyyat he wish something good f̶̲̥̅̊​ọ̥я​ you that's y he said gud luck please dnt twist or misunderstand what he's saying may Allah help us
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by PENMIGHT(m): 7:49am On Mar 10, 2013
YUUSUF LAWAL is my name. Ma sha Allaah,I am new( registered 2/3 months ago). Though I stumbled on this site by shear wander, I was glad I did. It was like opening ur eyes to a new world of "d good","d bad" and "the ugly" . God!,Frontpage could be disgusting attimes- that was d bad. Some posts and comments leaves u eternally bilwildered- ugly,I say! The greatest gift has been u my brethens and ur wonderful imputs in the deen- good,good and good. To mention a few, maclatunji,tbaba,ibnjurayj and not forgetting deols and co- all of u have been really inspirational; u are d creams of the creams of the creams. May Allaah increase u all in beneficial knowledge. Back to d introduction- I hailed from Ibadan, 1st and 2nd degrees(2002, 2005) from OAU. I am an Architect based in Abuja. Ma sha Allaah, I am married with kids. السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by maclatunji: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2013
^Wa Alaykum Salam sir, you are welcome.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Herbdullerh(m): 8:39am On Mar 10, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: YUUSUF LAWAL is my name. Ma sha Allaah,I am new( registered 2/3 months ago). Though I stumbled on this site by shear wander, I was glad I did. It was like opening ur eyes to a new world of "d good","d bad" and "the ugly" . God!,Frontpage could be disgusting attimes- that was d bad. Some posts and comments leaves u eternally bilwildered- ugly,I say! The greatest gift has been u my brethens and ur wonderful imputs in the deen- good,good and good. To mention a few, maclatunji,tbaba,ibnjurayj and not forgetting deols and co- all of u have been really inspirational; u are d creams of the creams of the creams. May Allaah increase u all in beneficial knowledge. Back to d introduction- I hailed from Ibadan, 1st and 2nd degrees(2002, 2005) from OAU. I am an Architect based in Abuja. Ma sha Allaah, I am married with kids. السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
[color=#000099][/color]

U̶̲̥̅̊ are highly welcome sir

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by PENMIGHT(m): 9:24am On Mar 10, 2013
maclatunji: ^Wa Alaykum Salam sir, you are welcome.
Jazaakallahu khayr for d reception. Bro, the nitty gritty of NL still eludes me; I mean who and what d Mods and Ops do;who moves what to d frontpage e.t.c but one thing is certain I ve always consistently followed ur posts and like minds on muslim topics and I notice dt we all ve to be very responsive and vocal in defence of our religion whenever d situation arises on any Forum. Derogrative comments from non-muslims may do much harm to feeble minds if left unclarified. U ve been consistent and I pray u garner more strenght to do more on behalf of d ummah on ds forum esp on d frontpage threads. Also, can u pls consider a thread like ' Christains, what one question will u ask about Islam'. A thread whereby just one or two muslim mods like u(I guess) will be allowed to answer and dialogue wt d questioner only. No external imputs elsewhere, no derailing d thread. Pls, do u ve ,at least, a vague understanding of my point. Is it worthwhile? Jazaakallah khayr.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (82) (Reply)

The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / Ayatollah Khomeini's Book On Sex: For Shias

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.