Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,650 members, 7,962,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9185553 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10296) (10297) (10298) (10299) (10300) (10301) (10302) ... (14398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:42pm On May 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
Abeg miss me please...What is so difficult for you to understand that our key players were overused hence they ran out of gas and the fact we need to sign players who can deputize of take their place?

In other positions, we need outright replacement, e.g. Cb, RW and DM...However, I still insist we had the sqaud to trounce Villarreal...If you want to be sarcastic, do so without referencing me except I am your standard...
You had a post rubbishing almost every player. I noticed you skipped Bruno even though he did absolutely nothing in that match. Anyways I guess he can afford to score goals in other matches and go missing when it matters. He has earned it I guess.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2021
eph12:

You had a post rubbishing almost every player. I noticed you skipped Bruno even though he did absolutely nothing in that match. Anyways I guess he can afford to score goals in other matches and go missing when it matters. He has earned it I guess.

You are going to base your judgement on the reaction of fans during games? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

Go and read that post where I talk about the way forward and you'd see what I wrote of Bruno...

When people talk of replacement, read the post well and don't just conclude it's targeted at your MCM...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:47pm On May 28, 2021
Since we are likely stuck with Amaka next season and I can't jump ship for another club, the decision makers should please help us get quality players that are even better than some of the rams starting for us.

Should in case he gets booted out, the next manager would still have quality tools at his disposal. I can't stand that bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
You are going to base your judgement on the reaction of fans during games? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

Go and read that post where I talk about the way forward and you'd see what I wrote of Bruno...

When people talk of replacement, read the post well and don't just conclude it's targeted at your MCM...
You just dey make me laugh. You like mentioning Fred as if it does anything to me. I go always skip anything like that fast LMAO

Back to the discuss, you made that post yesterday or today, can't remember. And you've been repeating some of those points and you're beginning to believe yourself. Be calming down

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 5:51pm On May 28, 2021
KingAlabi:

Bro
You sabi drive range Rover no mean say you sabi drive truck.

Experience get levels, even rog hodgson will be inexperienced for a United job.
Stop saying nonsense. Ole started managing 3 years after Guardiola. A failure is a failure, stop backing nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:52pm On May 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
Defender of Ole, pray tell, would you rather have Parejo and Capuoe on our bench instead of VDB and Matic?

Would you rather have Alcacer and Bacca rather than Amad?

I make bold to say all the players on our bench would've started for Villareal but then, let's jump in defense of the Scandinavian fraud, we had amateurs on our bench...

I am almost certain if we had Messi and Ronaldo on the bench you and your ilks will say they wouldn't have made any difference because Villareal defended deep...

It's not up to a week yet you guys are out defending the fraud...#Mediocres.

You see?

You’ve already assumed a position that is wrong. You thought I would be supporting Ole despite losing that final.

The fact that we don’t have quality bench players doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be beating Villarreal. I mean, we have better players. The match shouldn’t have gone to extra time. My position on this is quite clear.

I mean, you even quoted the exact post where I blamed Ole for that and said if it was you blablabla grin

Leyqute:

Shouldn’t have started Greenwood for me. He should’ve been the quality bench option that will provide a change in the second half.

Plus there were too many scorers and few creators.

Pogba was left alone to do all the work in midfield- build from back, create chances, dictate play and even run after opposition players and defend. The rest were hiding and looking for goal chances.

Rashford was playing the same way he’s been playing for months. Shiitt

Cavani did well and was starved of chances. He’s the only attacker who played well for me.

Bruno di foker disappeared all through the game. I expected him to come to midfield and help out at least. But he was busy doing what not and looking for a tap in or whatever. Had Bruno decided to be a creator and not a scorer we’d have gotten more better chances.

McTominay decided to limit himself. He hid from passes and hardly threatened.

That Olé decided to proceed with the rubbish, after telling all of them to do as many interviews as possible and “enjoy” the final, is beyond me.

I mean, Villarreal were hardly playing. What’s wrong with bringing in a few pass-first players EARLY ON IN THE SECOND HALF to change things?? Why wait till 100 mins before making a sub? He’s quite daft in that regard.

Utd had enough quality to win that final by +2 goal margin.

He takes the blame for exiting the UCL and most of it for losing this final. He’s a dumbo.

patrickmuf:
Ladies (If we have any here or sissies) and Gentlemen, if the quoted post came from me, Leyqute among others would have found a reason to say I'm overly emotional and critical of Ole...

This is what I have been saying but no, it's from Patrick, let's find a way to argue it out...

You need to understand nuances. The fact that Ole demoted us to Yuropa and put out rubbish for the final doesn’t mean he hasn’t done a not-bad job, league wise. He just needs to push on from there, add quality player to the squad and win the league next season.

Everything is not black and white. Most areas are grey.

Patrick you’ll be okay o. grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:53pm On May 28, 2021
nitrogen:

So we should be blamed for Ole’s stupidity of not using his bench at all? You can’t expect players to start playing well all of a sudden, after benching them for months.

Meanwhile, some of the guys on the bench played well against Wolves, how come they did not get a chance against Villarreal?

Pep signed average players and made them world beaters by giving them chances. OGS wants 22 superstars in his team. Won’t work!

O
K
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:53pm On May 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
You lie for a living...Go and dig, my issue with Ole was that he refused to sub Martial and Rashford...

Different season, same issues...

Ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:55pm On May 28, 2021
Illimitable:

Ole didn’t help.

Ole ought to have ring the changes at the hour mark. One of Greenwood or Rashford shouldn’t have started.
McFred should have started.

Pogba was horrible in the midfield especially in the first half. He was too far away from where he could cause Villareal’s low block any sort of problem.

A fresh Rashford leg around the 70th minute would have helped against the tired legs of Villareal. Ole didn’t make a single change until extra time and the substitution was dumb. DM for a forward. grin

grin

Many things went wrong and Ole made the most of the wrong decisions, even before a ball was kicked. The unnecessary press, interviews, and mingling was just too much. Is that how you prepare for a final? Apart from being a doofus he probably underestimated Villareal and thought mere goodwill was enough to win the cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 5:59pm On May 28, 2021
Leyqute:

grin

Many things went wrong and Ole made the most of the wrong decisions, even before a ball was kicked. The unnecessary press, interviews, and mingling was just too much. Is that how you prepare for a final? Apart from being a doofus he probably underestimated Villareal and thought mere goodwill was enough to win the cup.

He probably didn’t know Emery is a master of winning Europa league. Emery knew he couldn’t compete with us pound for pound so he parked the bus. I can’t blame them for deploying such satanic football.

It was up to Ole to break them down and he had no idea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 6:21pm On May 28, 2021
Ole is cursed!!!

Bastard man..

Ed woodward , you are a fool. Ogun kill all of una.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:42pm On May 28, 2021
Illimitable:
Bruno Fernandes should be fined by the club for allowing Villareal to take the first penalty.

Bruno won the coin toss. It then follows that United should take the first penalty and Villareal would choose which side of the pitch to take the penalty.

Villareal chose their end of the pitch where their fans were which is a small advantage. Yet, Bruno stupidly allowed them to also have the advantage of going first.

Statistics already proved the first team to take penalties win the shootout 60% of the time cos the second team is always playing catch up which adds to the tension.

I heard even the referee was surprised that Bruno chose to go 2nd. What sort of stupid rookie mistake is that one?

Your weak attempt to protect De Gea won't fly.

Even if that match was played at Old Trafford, the PK result will stay same as far as it's DDG.

Bruno decision affected DDG only, the same GK that conceded his last 40 Pk for both club and country.

Statistics already proved that a goal keeper with 50% success rate in saving penalties (Henderson) will do better than a goal keeper with less than 15% success rate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:43pm On May 28, 2021
BikeMan:
Stop saying nonsense. Ole started managing 3 years after Guardiola. A failure is a failure, stop backing nonsense.
K.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:44pm On May 28, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:45pm On May 28, 2021
Jose's worst signing at United

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:57pm On May 28, 2021
Afrodoc2, how far? I know you were left disappointed but e never reach to abandon the thread na!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 28, 2021
Leyqute:

Complaints started during that second season when we stopped keeping up with City and the football went to shiiiiitttt.

By the third season everyone wanted to have a go at him because he was singling out players for castigation in public.
Exactly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 28, 2021
Leyqute:

I think Patrick overdoes it sometimes.

Early on in the season i and him had a long overdrawn argument about our squad. He said our squad is on par with City’s and should be contending for the league. I told him our squad isn’t on City’s level.

Recently he has been criticizing the same squad for not being good enough.

Ole Solskjaer has a good number of faults but even Pep needed a capable squad to become a serial winner; to challenge on all fronts, go far and win.

Patrick sticking to his one tenet: Ole is a fraud and should be sacked ASAP (without offering a reasonable replacement option), has got him wavering on other fronts and blaming the coach for things that don’t concern him outrightly.
Two truths can exist together and it's fine. Our squad ain't good enough is one truth, Ole ain't good enough is also another truth. That final lose is on him, he mismanaged that game like a Rookie.

But blaming him for every happening at the club is borderline neglecting logic. Olephobes refuse to acknowledge everything isn't back and white, to them the problem of United is solely Ole and getting rid of him will magically solve the problem.

My own is the stupid board better back the PE Teacher this window, who knows we might get lucky next season with some trophies undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 7:36pm On May 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
Afrodoc2, how far? I know you were left disappointed but e never reach to abandon the thread na!

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:43pm On May 28, 2021
handelex:
Two truths can exist together and it's fine. Our squad ain't good enough is one truth, Ole ain't good enough is also another truth. That final lose is on him, he mismanaged that game like a Rookie.

But blaming him for every happening at the club is borderline neglecting logic. Olephobes refuse to acknowledge everything isn't back and white, to them the problem of United is solely Ole and getting rid of him will magically solve the problem.

My own is the stupid board better back the PE Teacher this window, who knows we might get lucky next season with some trophies undecided

Apt.

We need a better transfer window. We still cannot bank on Cavani cos of his age. He has to be managed. There will be periods when he will lose form and he will likely get injured multiple times during the course of a season.

We are competing with City (and luv Pool et al) for the league ffs. If we cannot match then with tactical ability we should at least be close to the quality of their squad depth and transfer efficiency.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:44pm On May 28, 2021
Mrviktor:
Jose's worst signing at United

Isn’t your name also Victor? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:46pm On May 28, 2021
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 28, 2021
Leyqute:

Apt.

We need a better transfer window. We still cannot bank on Cavani cos of his age. He has to be managed. There will be periods when he will lose form and he will likely get injured multiple times during the course of a season.

We are competing with City (and luv Pool et al) for the league ffs. If we cannot match then with tactical ability we should at least be close to the quality of their squad depth and transfer efficiency.
Exactly atleast let's have a competent squad with quality depth and we can give them a run for their money. I still see this season as a missed opportunity, had it been Ole was backed in the summer maybe, just maybe this season would have turned out differently.

Every TW not maximized well will come back to hunt any club sooner or later irrespective of the coach they have. Pep with all his brilliance will struggle at United with this players and our board.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 28, 2021
Leyqute:

Isn’t your name also Victor? undecided
Wahala just dey everywhere cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:16pm On May 28, 2021
handelex:
Exactly atleast let's have a competent squad with quality depth and we can give them a run for their money. I still see this season as a missed opportunity, had it been Ole was backed in the summer maybe, just maybe this season would have turned out differently.

Every TW not maximized well will come back to hunt any club sooner or later irrespective of the coach they have. Pep with all his brilliance will struggle at United with this players and our board.

At the beginning of the season, given the tranfer window we had, most fans were praying for a top four finish. Cos City, after finishing second with 81 points fortified their defense, and Chelsea broke the bank for their targets. We were not close to competing with them on paper.

We pursued Sancho for the whole window and got in panic buys late in the window. Had Cavani been fit for most of the season - had we gotten a younger Cavani, we’ll have given City a good chase for their money. All those draws with Martial stinking up the joint and no one else stepping up, we could’ve won.

City identified their problems. They scored a lot of goals but also conceded unnecessary goals and lost too many games. They bought defenders and now they’re better off.

Now, we have identified issues within our squad. We know where the problems are. We should be close to announcing a player to plug those holes now but guess we’ll waste time pursuing one player and then make panic buys at the end of the window.

Once we start getting things right in the transfer window we will be better.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 8:25pm On May 28, 2021
Joezinho:
Ole is cursed!!!
Bastard man..
Ed woodward , you are a fool. Ogun kill all of una.
is not by force to support manure nah....jump to Chelsea d winning side cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 28, 2021
Bros hopping on new monikers to launch attacks at each other lmaoooo

Use your 2016 moniker with your chest please grin

Ole & Rashford, una Papa sha grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:30pm On May 28, 2021
Expert17:

Your weak attempt to protect De Gea won't fly.

Even if that match was played at Old Trafford, the PK result will stay same as far as it's DDG.

Bruno decision affected DDG only, the same GK that conceded his last 40 Pk for both club and country.

Statistics already proved that a goal keeper with 50% success rate in saving penalties (Henderson) will do better than a goal keeper with less than 15% success rate.

Henderson is a bum.

Villareal would have won in normal time had Henderson started. He was in goal against Sheffield United at Old Trafford and United conceded 3 goals at home to a regelated team.

Stop mentioning Henderson in the league of brilliant goalkeepers. He’s low quality. If he’s not born English, he would be selling newspapers at Baker Street. I can name 50 goalkeepers better than him in Europe.

He’s shit!

DDG at 19 years of age saving a Diego Milito’s penalty in the SuperCup in 2010. Milito was fresh from conquering Europe with Treble and De Gea humiliated him.

This is who you are comparing to Henderson?

Such disrespect!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 28, 2021
larride:

How is Allegri a mercenary?

Never mind. He returned to Juve today.

Pirlo has been shown the door.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 8:38pm On May 28, 2021
macjireh:

is not by force to support manure nah....jump to Chelsea d winning side cheesy cheesy cheesy

I rather watch two cockroaches arm wrestle than watch chelshit play except I wanna watch them lose talk more of supporting them..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by andrewbaba44: 8:46pm On May 28, 2021
I heard ole will soon sign a new 3 year deal

More ranting from ole haters cheesy

Meanwhile the pic below is suppose to be a Rashford or greenwood but no it’s a naija kid chukwueze enjoying the Europa league glory

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 8:51pm On May 28, 2021
Joezinho:

I rather watch two cockroaches arm wrestle than watch chelshit play except I wanna watch them lose talk more of supporting them..
chaii...is D's hatred or bitterness??
grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10296) (10297) (10298) (10299) (10300) (10301) (10302) ... (14398) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII, Ibunkun1(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.