Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,710 members, 7,962,292 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9188539 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13097) (13098) (13099) (13100) (13101) (13102) (13103) ... (14398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:33am On Mar 31, 2023
afrodoc2:

McFred will be playing.
You don kuku kee the small hope wey i get 😁😁
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 11:45am On Mar 31, 2023
MRTA7:

I wont be surprised if Chelsea sign Vic. They will have the means and are more serious and direct with their signings.

United are not always direct with their signings because we hardly put price tag on players. Chelsea have place 120m bid on Osimhen while we are just showing interest with no negotiation but let’s see how the deal goes

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:55am On Mar 31, 2023
TrebleChamp:
You don kuku kee the small hope wey i get 😁😁

It is easier and better to kill hope while it is small and has not yet germinated. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2023
What about a loan for Greenwood? Will time at another club make things better and easier for him to get back into action for Utd- that’s if we can find a good club to loan him to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
Leyqute:
What about a loan for Greenwood? Will time at another club make things better and easier for him to get back into action for Utd- that’s if we can find a good club to loan him to.
i don't see how that will change anything.
we either play him or let him go permanently. the guy is past loan stages and I don't think even his reps will accept that. there's also financial implications of the deal, other clubs are aware of his situation so will United be ready to sell for a pittance? I guess not. United just paid nearly €200m for two right wingers. how much will Saka be on this inflated market?
his court case is over, and I think hearing on the matter by the courts was stretched as long as possible for a subtle punishment. it's time for the club to firmly move either to the right or left with full chest.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:08pm On Mar 31, 2023
The club needs to make decisions now and be firm about it.

To me Greenwood should be kept owing to the fact that what we've are not what we hope for (at least for now).

Losing him to another club for pertinence will be the greatest lose for this club, far more than Pogba as far as I'm concerned.

Make your decision with your full chest and make it fast.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2023
The Glazers are postponing the decision until they get out of the club because they don’t want to deal with the headache and backlash especially back in the US.

If the Qataris buy the club Greenwood has a chance of staying but if it’s Sir Jim Ratcliffe or an American consortium he is headed out the door.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2023
afrodoc2:
The Glazers are postponing the decision until they get out of the club because they don’t want to deal with the headache and backlash especially back in the US.

If the Qataris buy the club Greenwood has a chance of staying but if it’s Sir Jim Ratcliffe or an American consortium he is headed out the door.

Annoyingly, why is the deal taking this long They're just making it tiring and causing a lot of headache.

Mtcheeewwww
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2023
adebayo201:

Annoyingly, why is the deal taking this long They're just making it tiring and causing a lot of headache.

Mtcheeewwww

The Glazers that are uncoordinated it takes them several months to buy a player, so how long do you think it will take them to sell the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mainoo and Iqbal both likely to be on the bench this weekend.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2023
Borntosmoke:

Haba!!!. Combined the money you will get from collecting Europa, Carlin cup and coming second and sixth in the premier league if he no pass 200m. If you are talking of sales no go that area.

Other top teams are cashing out on all grounds.
Trophy.
Sales.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2023
afrodoc2:

Make dem allow these boys dey play their under 21 games na.

See elanga now.. Clueless.

Nd pride won't allow him to go back to under 21
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
🚨 | BREAKING: Agreement reached between Manchester United and Luke Shaw for a new 4-year contract. [The Athletic] #MUFC ✅ ✍️

📥 @Manchester_Utdfc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2023
From career ending injury to constant criticism, Luke Shaw never gave up! His hard work has paid off as he’s massively impressed Erik ten Hag and the fans, earning a new 4-year contract with Manchester United. ✍️

Keep shining, Luke! You’re an example to us all ❤️✨
📥@Manchester_Utdfc

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2023
BREAKING!

Rashford set to be fit for Newcastle. Martial also in line to return to the #mufc squad for the first time since January 14.

📥 @Manchester_Utdfc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ten Hag on Rashford: “I have good hope. He trained but he had to do some treatment, he had to do some individual training. Today he joined in with the group. We have one more day. I have a good hope he will be available.”

Ten Hag on Martial playing against Newcastle: “He's training, for two weeks now, I think he can be in.”

Ten Hag on Luke Shaw's new deal: "If he signed, I don't know, I haven't heard, John [Murtough] didn't inform me until now. I have to wait for that. If true, I am pleased. We definitely want to keep him because he's a really important player for our team.”

Ten Hag on if he wants to keep De Gea and Rashford: “Yeah, I do.” #MUFC
📥@Manchester_Utdfc

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ten Hag on Scott McTominay: "He can play in many roles, it's clear he has scoring capabilities for Scotland but also this season for us he's a really good finisher but I see him as a midfielder."

Ten Hag: "I think I'm happy with what Wout [Weghorst] is doing. Because when Wout is in the team the team is performing better."

Ten Hag asked about the need for another goalscorer: "I think we have players like Bruno, like Jadon Sancho, like Anthony Martial, like Scott McTominay, like Antony dos Santos, we have enough players with the capabilities to score goals, definitely."

Ten Hag: "What I said previously, I work in the back on next season but we're working now on this season, so first of all make sure everyone is available and keep improving the way of play and that's the best chance of scoring more goals."
📥@Manchester_Utdfc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ten Hag on Newcastle time-wasting: "Concern, we know they delay, yeah. It's something that is what the refereeing doesn't want, they want to have tempo in the game, that is the aim, so they have to be consistent to let the game go, so do and act what the policy is”

Erik ten Hag on this Sunday’s game: “It's about us, like we did in the two previous games, it's about us, as every game, we want to dictate, to control the game but we play against a good opponent, we're aware of that.”

Ten Hag on Marcus Rashord being in New York: "For me, it's positive he took that time to turn off from football. I have seen him back this week and he has shown a lot of energy, a lot of motivation, it was a good spirit and a lot of focus.”

Ten Hag on Marcus Rashford's trip to New York: "I think it's positive that he was in a break. Our players are playing the most games in this crazy season. They need a breather to collect energy. For me, it's positive he took that time to turn off from football."
📥@Manchester_Utdfc

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2023
Erik ten Hag: “I think with Rashford and Bruno, they were playing the most games of the whole squad and I think with #mufc playing the most games across Europe and especially the internationals, our internationals are not mostly on the bench, mostly they are playing.”

Erik ten Hag: “Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Bruno, Casemiro, they are starters for their nations. I want to emphasise they have the most games across the season so far. We played an extra round in the Europa League.” #mufc
📥@Manchester_Utdfc

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:52pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mrviktor:

Make dem allow these boys dey play their under 21 games na.

See elanga now.. Clueless.

Nd pride won't allow him to go back to under 21

There is nobody else that can be on the bench. Abi you go dey bench tomorrow?

Casemiro is suspended. Eriksen is injured. VDB is injured. I am hearing Sabitzer might be injured as well.

That means McFred to start and those boys to be on the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:46am On Apr 01, 2023
cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2023
afrodoc2:
If he is good enough to play for his National team, how is Ten Hag not seeing how good Zidane is? Make e start to play my boy jare. People won't have seen how good Pedri, Gavi, Folden are if their Managers didn't play them. Igbal and Mainoo should be ahead of McFred.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:29am On Apr 01, 2023
TrebleChamp:
If he is good enough to play for his National team, how is Ten Hag not seeing how good Zidane is? Make e start to play my boy jare. People won't have seen how good Pedri, Gavi, Folden are if their Managers didn't play them. Igbal and Mainoo should be ahead of McFred.....

We are yet to see Iqbal in a high intensity senior game because pre-season friendlies and international friendlies don’t have the intensity of an EPL game.

I don’t think ETH will be wilfully harming himself and the team by intentionally refusing to play Iqbal. Maybe there is an attitude problem or there are weaknesses seen in training. I don’t know.

Sometimes the coaches see what we can’t see. For instance Greenwood was dropped by Ole several times early on in his senior career because he kept missing training and team meetings, meanwhile we his fans were impatient. Or Garnacho who had to wait for sometime this season cos he was being late and absent from training.

One thing I know from the Under-21s is that Mainoo is more able to cope from a PHYSICAL point of view better than the Iqbal when bigger and stronger teams face us.
Iqbal looks ready TECHNICALLY though.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 01, 2023
afrodoc2:

We are yet to see Iqbal in a high intensity senior game because pre-season friendlies and international friendlies don’t have the intensity of an EPL game.

I don’t think ETH will be wilfully harming himself and the team by intentionally refusing to play Iqbal. Maybe there is an attitude problem or there are weaknesses seen in training. I don’t know.

Sometimes the coaches see what we can’t see. For instance Greenwood was dropped by Ole several times early on in his senior career because he kept missing training and team meetings, meanwhile we his fans were impatient. Or Garnacho who had to wait for sometime this season cos he was being late and absent from training.

One thing I know from the Under-21s is that Mainoo is more able to cope from a PHYSICAL point of view better than the Iqbal when bigger and stronger teams face us.
Iqbal looks ready TECHNICALLY though.

I don't think ten hag have use Iqbal at all this season. He should give him a chance at least. Musiala, gernacho, Ferguson, pedri, gavi and Rodrigo all started one day. If you look at Iqbal, is more like attacking center midfielder and I see mainoo as a defensive midfielder. We should not forget musiala too is not that strong but is technical ability is spot on to compete with any fucking player. For the past 6 years man u have not produce any successful academy midfielder except mc tominay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:37am On Apr 01, 2023
Borntosmoke:

I don't think ten hag have use Iqbal at all this season. He should give him a chance at least. Musiala, gernacho, Ferguson, pedri, gavi and Rodrigo all started one day. If you look at Iqbal, is more like attacking center midfielder and I see mainoo as a defensive midfielder. We should not forget musiala too is not that strong but is technical ability is spot on to compete with any fucking player. For the past 6 years man u have not produce any successful academy midfielder except mc tominay.

Not like I actually disagree with you. I am just saying there might be reasons we don’t know about.

One major problem is that we rarely win games comfortably. Meaning ETH might not want to risk bringing Mainoo or Iqbal in when the game is 2-1 or 1-0.

There is still time sha. Also I would prefer to see them come in alongside Casemiro not with McFred that won’t be able to protect them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:33am On Apr 01, 2023
Eazzii:
Ermmm, brother hensben please come foward for your thanksgiving. smiley
We are talking of Fa and ref association supported united and SAF then you are calling only Webb.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lannyjoe4u: 12:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
Shey na only my Nairaland change colour ni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 12:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
Lannyjoe4u:
Shey na only my Nairaland change colour ni

Na everybody's nairaland. But only if you're using a mobile device. I'm acccessing the website right now via desktop and all things' normal.

Probably an April Fools.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:36pm On Apr 01, 2023
TheLequte:

Na everybody's nairaland. But only if you're using a mobile device. I'm acccessing the website right now via desktop and all things' normal.

Probably an April Fools.
It was on big screen size too. They have reverted back to the previous design
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 12:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
eph12:

It was on big screen size too. They have reverted back to the previous design

Oh. Okay.

I intentionally logged into a laptop to check and didn't see it. Must be my timing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
Goal!!!!
Liverpool scores
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 12:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
Liverpool ooooooo.... they have started pushing closer to top 4 again.... 😠 😡

(1) (2) (3) ... (13097) (13098) (13099) (13100) (13101) (13102) (13103) ... (14398) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Nezzjnr, Neimarjr, izzou(m), kushercain, Bill8012(m), main24(m), Liposure and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.