Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,523 members, 7,961,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 10:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9181156 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (14388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dare2think: 4:35pm On May 09, 2013
Emperoh:

I wonder if this stands on it's own.
It just happens innit? No dude, it takes the creation of a stable back room process.
Ask Chelsea and they will tell you!

Let it fly dude, Moyes will have all he requires to do well

Erm, ask chelsea what if I may ask?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2013
David Moyes.

Welcome to the dawn of Mediocrity.

All of una wey don abuse Arsenal for trophylessness. Na to dey grab Carling Cup nowadays
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2013
[size=14pt]The coaching appointment shows the ambition of a club

Bayern went from Van Gaal to Heyckenes and ro Pep Guordiola

You can see the progression from one reputable manager to another[/size]

Na for Man Utd to dey "roku" for Carling cup remain now

All of una wey don yab Arsenal, Now the table has turned

I dey laff oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:50pm On May 09, 2013
Emperoh:
I wonder if this stands on it's own.
It just happens innit? No dude, it takes the creation of a stable back room process.
Ask Chelsea and they will tell you!

Let it fly dude, Moyes will have all he requires to do well

he won't - he's as frail as hell!
the ruthlessness is gone, the relentless attacking football is gone, the never-say-die attitude is also gone. put moyes next to mancini, villas-boas, mourinho and wenger......can you not see the gulf in class? where's the fear factor?

dayokanu: David Moyes.
Welcome to the dawn of Mediocrity.
All of una wey don abuse Arsenal for trophylessness. Na to dey grab Carling Cup nowadays

we won't wait 7 years to get rid of moyes.
fergie chose him as his successor. i don't understand how fergie has a say when he has consistently told us he has no say on who succeeds him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nateevs(m): 5:00pm On May 09, 2013
Moyes it is. I fear for United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 5:30pm On May 09, 2013
dayokanu: [size=14pt]The coaching appointment shows the ambition of a club

I dey laff oo
We go see who go laff las
Alaba_Slim:

@cooga @cooga
@cooga
May God 4give me but SWEAR that MOU wud have FARE better @ everton given the limited resources; mou has never & wud never coach a valencia, leverkusen, villa, roma, lazio, alth madrid, etc
I'm sti waitin 4 the ans @coogar
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 5:32pm On May 09, 2013
RuuDie: @ Coogar,

love it or hate it...we are stuck with Moyes and the majority are cool with it!

I can stomach a "struggling UTD" with Moyes at the helm than a Mourinho who will scamper at the slightest hint of trouble...and don't try to sell me that "Mourinho is always successful" crap - he is not above the law of diminishing returns; and me thinks, right now he seems to already be on that down-ward spiral. Good luck to him wherever he crash lands!
good talk
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:42pm On May 09, 2013
Alaba_Slim: Everton have confirmed moyes will be leavin @ the end of the season to MUFC...

@cooga

May God 4give me but swear that mou wud have FARE better @ everton given the limited resources; mou has never & wud never coach a valencia, leverkusen, villa, roma, lazio, alth madrid, etc
GOD keeps us alive we shall see ur 6mths prophecy

he won the champions league with porto and inter. you might want to check the odds of those clubs winning it when mourinho took them to victory.

we are a club of champions - longevity is not the priority now but continued success. fergie only passed the baton to a fellow scot - moyes has nothing on roberto martinez!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:47pm On May 09, 2013
Coogar having a fit!!!! Guy calm down.

I will forgive Moyes for anything he does for one season, even two seasons. Except getting United relegated. Truth be told he would be given all the assistance he needs to flourish and he will.

Stop comparing his everton reign with coming to United, the quality of players in both clubs cannot be compared, United have more quality and purpose even exhibited by d players even if we decide to go coachless.

Structure at UNITED will help and support Moyes especially in his first season to get him to fully absorbed with the UNITED DNA.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 5:49pm On May 09, 2013
coogar:

he won the champions league with porto and inter. you might want to check the odds of those clubs winning it when mourinho took them to victory.

we are a club of champions - longevity is not the priority now but continued success. fergie only passed the baton to a fellow scot - moyes has nothing on roberto martinez!
guy u jus dey make mi laff; is porto not the biggest club in portugal? is inter not one of the biggest in italy?..... so what are u saying?
I asked u a question but u have not answed yet so i will ask again; will mou FARE BETTER with Everton than what moyes had achieved? I dey wait o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:56pm On May 09, 2013
coded guy: Coogar having a fit!!!! Guy calm down. I will forgive Moyes for anything he does for one season, even two seasons. Except getting United relegated. Truth be told he would be given all the assistance he needs to flourish and he will.

he had all the assistance he needed at everton and he won nothing. moyes is a small time manager good only for a small time club. that he was a bit decent @ everton does not mean he would cut it at old trafford!

Stop comparing his everton reign with coming to United, the quality of players in both clubs cannot be compared, United have more quality and purpose even exhibited by d players even if we decide to go coachless.

the same was said about villas-boas until chelsea ruined his career. the talk then was if he could manage porto with a shoe-string budget then he would pull the trees at chelsea. the united job is a high pressure job. moyes will not survive the pressure!

Structure at UNITED will help and support Moyes especially in his first season to get him to fully absorbed with the UNITED DNA.

which means you agree he doesn't have the united DNA. look at the football roberto martinez, brendan rodgers served at swansea. you don't need billions to play attacking football. moyes is too cautious. he would rather play for a point than going for 3 points.

Alaba_Slim:
guy u jus dey make mi laff; is porto not the biggest club in portugal? is inter not one of the biggest in italy?..... so what are u saying?
I asked u a question but u have not answed yet so i will ask again; will mou FARE BETTER with Everton than what moyes had achieved? I dey wait o

so porto/inter being the biggest club in portugal and italy respectively means they should win the champions league? lyon was the biggest in france winning the french league about 6 times consecutively - where is their european titles? celtic? bayern? ajax? when was the last time these clubs won the champions league in recent times?

mourinho would have won at least 3 domestic titles if he was in moyes shoes. he knows exactly what to do to win.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 6:04pm On May 09, 2013
Few managers get to choose the timing of their departure, but in many ways Ferguson has selected the perfect ending to his United tenure, bowing out in front of 75,000 fans at Old Trafford, with the Premier League trophy back at its spiritual home.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 6:07pm On May 09, 2013
SailorXY:
Well unless you live in the future, there's no way you can be absolutely sure Mourinho will not be at United longer than 3 years. Moyes is a great manager, and I will support whoever is appointed, but to say the club will be in disarray if Mourinho is appointed *& leaves* is not very articulate. We all know Mourinho has gone round the top leagues & teams, seen it all & done well for himself *i agree with you on that*, but he'll definitely see this job as a challenge to surpass Sir Alex's achievements. He may bring in his own style of doing things *who says anything is wrong with that*, but the foundations, laid principles, legacy of Manchester United as a team will always be his guideline. People say he's more into spending & doesn't care about youth development, but I disagree. Mourinho has always been signed up by clubs who need quick fix & are very impatient, as well as have board of directors who want to have a say in player transfers & recruitment, even match-day selections! At United, Mourinho knows he has got job security, time, free hand, support *from fans & board itself*, & cash if need be. The youth system is already great, its left for the youth team coach to recommend a line of action, & together with the head coach, look into it, be it promising talent for scouting or for promotion of youngsters who has shown promise. This is just my personal take by the way, what the hell do I know about football administration
i respect ur opinion @sailor BUT we shall all wait & see
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 6:11pm On May 09, 2013
coogar:

mourinho would have won at least 3 domestic titles if he was in moyes shoes. he knows exactly what to do to win.
coogar:

coogar:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On May 09, 2013
Ferguson Quotes:

On Paul Ince "I used to have a saying that when a player is at his peak, he feels as though he can climb Everest in his slippers. That's what he was like."

On Italians "When an Italian tells me it's pasta on the plate I check under the sauce to make sure. They are the inventors of the smokescreen."

On the 1999 Champions League triumph "I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell."

On media criticism of Juan Sebastián Verón "On you go. I'm no ********ing talking to you. He's a ********ing great player. Yous are ********ing idiots."

On Liverpool "My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their ********ing perch. And you can print that."

On the 2003 title race "It's getting tickly now – squeaky-bum time, I call it."

On kicking a boot into David Beckham's face in 2003 "It was a freakish incident. If I tried it 100 or a million times it couldn't happen again. If I could I would have carried on playing!"

On Filippo Inzaghi "That lad must have been born offside."

On José Mourinho "He was certainly full of it, calling me boss and big man when we had our post-match drink after the first leg. But it would help if his greetings were accompanied by a decent glass of wine. What he gave me was paint-stripper."

On whether Liverpool would win the title in 2007 "You must be joking. Do I look as if I'm a masochist ready to cut myself? How does relegation sound instead?"

On Old Trafford "The crowd were dead. It was like a funeral out there."

On Wayne Rooney's transfer request "Sometimes you look in a field and you see a cow and you think it's a better cow than the one you've got in your own field. It's a fact. Right? And it never really works out that way."

On Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid "Do you think I would enter into a contract with that mob? Absolutely no chance. I would not sell them a virus. That is a 'No' by the way. There is no agreement whatsoever between the clubs."

On Manchester United's 19th league title "It's not so much passing Liverpool. It's more important that United are the best team in the country in terms of winning titles." about 17 hours ago

On Germans "Typical"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:20pm On May 09, 2013
the inzaghi quote was the best......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 6:31pm On May 09, 2013
dayokanu: [size=14pt]The coaching appointment shows the ambition of a club

I dey laff oo
Of course the repertoire of managers Bayern has accumulated is way higher than Utd and virtually all clubs in Europe to be honest tho Moyes aint so bad and besides Fergie and Busby Utd have not really had any managerial icons to speak of! Let him fail first before he gets crucified
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 6:34pm On May 09, 2013
Alaba_Slim:

Ofcourse he would have. For starters He would have won at least one cup of some sort.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:40pm On May 09, 2013
chic2pimp:
Ofcourse he would have. For starters He would have won at least one cup of some sort.

they all underrate mourinho's brilliance.....
as per attitude, how's fergie any different to jose in the way he shouts the match officials down? how's fergie different when he bans journalists from his press conference? is fergie's postmatch comments different from what jose says? thinking about it, the closest manager to fergie in terms of getting the job done is jose mourinho!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On May 09, 2013
coogar: the inzaghi quote was the best......

Inzaghi, Nistelrooy or Crespo who was worse
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:42pm On May 09, 2013
dayokanu:
Inzaghi, Nistelrooy or Crespo who was worse

inzaghi is worse......
he does nothing but sit on the shoulder of the last defender. it was because of him they changed the offside rule.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 6:53pm On May 09, 2013
No two patterns can be the same.
I am sure the Man U board has free flowing, champagne football before naming Moyes

it was more of the United attitude DNA than the playing DNA. The former cannot be changed into while it is possible with the later. So Coogar should quit bursting a spleen

Let him fail first.
Na so the guy the hyper-ventilate for Fergie selection yet you never see him retract his words when his prediction puke in his face.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 6:57pm On May 09, 2013
coogar:

they all underrate mourinho's brilliance.....
as per attitude, how's fergie any different to jose in the way he shouts the match officials down? how's fergie different when he bans journalists from his press conference? is fergie's postmatch comments different from what jose says? thinking about it, the closest manager to fergie in terms of getting the job done is jose mourinho!

Anyone having any doubt about how Good jose need only look at Inter. Inter were basically a shame to Italy with regards to their performances in Europe till he came in.

With Moyes do I think he is a Bad manager? No not all however the question is Is He United Quality? And the answer to that question at this present time is I'm afraid NO.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 7:00pm On May 09, 2013
Ferdinand taking jabs @ a certain coooaassssshhhh sumwhere in mad-d-rid
Rio:Moyes offers CONTINUITY
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:12pm On May 09, 2013
This man helped Everton to finish 4th in 2004/2005 season, and it was his arrival that put a stop to Everton intermittent bottom struggle. Honestly, I have no problems with this man, I believe he will perform. I already like his high tempo football. Everton is not a pushover to any big team in the EPL. He surely made a difference to the Everton team from my study so far.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:37pm On May 09, 2013
Manchester City .:. Record against Everton FC
Premier League M. V P D goals
at home 80 43 18 19 138 : 79
Away 80 16 22 42 83 : 141
∑ 160 59 40 61 221 : 220
FA Cup M. V P D goals
at home 4 3 1 0 6 : 2
Away 3 0 2 1 2 : 4
Neutral Place 1 0 0 1 0 : 3
∑ 8 3 3 2 8 : 9
League Cup M. V P D goals
Away 1 0 0 1 0 : 2
∑ 1 0 0 1 0 : 2
overall M. V P D goals
at home 84 46 19 19 144 : 81
Away 84 16 24 44 85 : 147
Neutral Place 1 0 0 1 0 : 3
∑ 169 62 43 64 229 : 231
Premier League
2012/2013 30. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 2:0
2012/2013 15. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 1:1
2011/2012 23. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 1:0
2011/2012 6. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 2:0
2010/2011 36. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 2:1
2010/2011 18. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 1:2
2009/2010 2. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 0:2
2009/2010 22. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 2:0
2008/2009 34. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 1:2
2008/2009 17. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 0:1
2007/2008 27. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 0:2
2007/2008 22. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 1:0
2006/2007 22. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 2:1
2006/2007 7. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 1:1
2005/2006 25. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 1:0
2005/2006 8. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 2:0
2004/2005 19. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 2:1
2004/2005 5. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 0:1
2003/2004 38. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 5:1
2003/2004 15. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 0:0
2002/2003 22. Round Everton FC - Manchester City 2:2
2002/2003 4. Round Manchester City - Everton FC 3:1

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/manchester-city/everton-fc/11/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2013
I am convinced if he had the budget to retain players, he would have won trophies. He had Rooney, Cahil, Lescot, Arteta, imagine if this guys remained with him what he would have done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2013
Seriously, u folks know nada.

if this was how people that know football reason, No top coach in football today would be at the top.

When somebody appointed fergie, he was coaching Aberdeen. try to be revisionist and claim aberdeen was a world class team then..

when somebody dumb appointed wenger, he was coaching nagoya grampus in japan, JAPAN!!

its a good thing you are all calling for Jose now, when Jose was appointed to the BIGGEST JOB IN PORTUGAL, what record did he have?

When AVB was appointed, what "world class" credentials did he have?

When Pep Guardiola whom that knucklehead dayo is now bigging up was appointed to coach Barca, WHAT RECORD DI HE HAVE, WHO WAS HE as A COACH?

do u have any idea how many "world class" coaches were available then when this appointments were made? clearly some people somewhere know their job and dont just spew rubbish on NL

for sure i know the people who run united know their football, and know their coaching.

That he is not glamorous or fit for the job is a foolish conclusion. all it takes these days to be "world class" is to win 2 trophies with a big club, even if u dont know jack.

wait for him to eff up, before u conclude. and even that sef is with time. this same irreplaceable fergie didnt win jack for years

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 7:56pm On May 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: Seriously, u folks know nada.

if this was how people that know football reason, No top coach in football today would be at the top.

When somebody appointed fergie, he was coaching Aberdeen. try to be revisionist and claim aberdeen was a world class team then..

when somebody dumb appointed wenger, he was coaching nagoya grampus in japan, JAPAN!!

its a good thing you are all calling for Jose now, when Jose was appointed to the BIGGEST JOB IN PORTUGAL, what record did he have?

When Pep Guardiola whom that knucklehead dayo is now bigging up was appointed to coach Barca, WHAT RECORD DI HE HAVE, WHO WAS HE as A COACH?

do u have any idea how many "world class" coaches were available then when this appointments were made? clearly some people somewhere know their job and dont just spew rubbish on NL

for sure i know the people who run united know their football, and know their coaching.

That he is not glamorous or fit for the job is a foolish conclusion. all it takes these days to be "world class" is to win 2 trophies with a big club, even if u dont know jack.

wait for him to eff up, before u conclude. and even that sef is with time. this same irreplaceable fergie didnt win jack for years

Bros, if you are not married, i will help you find wife! Just gimme ur specs
GOD Bless U!!

As for the bolded i am LMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:57pm On May 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: Seriously, u folks know nada.

Nice one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:59pm On May 09, 2013
coogar:

he had all the assistance he needed at everton and he won nothing. moyes is a small time manager good only for a small time club. that he was a bit decent @ everton does not mean he would cut it at old trafford!

He will get all the support he needs at UNITED and he will succeed. That he was a bit decent in Everton with players they had can also mean he would awesome in UNITED.

coogar:

the same was said about villas-boas until chelsea ruined his career. the talk then was if he could manage porto with a shoe-string budget then he would pull the trees at chelsea. the united job is a high pressure job. moyes will not survive the pressure!

Ask Ibime to answer this statement, even Fergie would have failed at Chelsea with emenalo and RA buying and selecting team list. AVB is doing quite ok at the spuds.

As per the pressure let's wait an see!

coogar:

which means you agree he doesn't have the united DNA. look at the football roberto martinez, brendan rodgers served at swansea. you don't need billions to play attacking football. moyes is too cautious. he would rather play for a point than going for 3 points.

Whether he has d UNITED DNA is not the question, the question is can he imbibe it, hopefully in a short time, this is if we agree he does not have it. Did Fergie have the DNA b4 he came except you are saying Fergie created it.

How many players have the UNITED DNA b4 they come to OT.

Are u saying Roberto Martinez and Brendan rogers will instant hits at OT? Moyes will adapt and change your assumption of his mentality of getting a point instead of 3points because he now manages one of the greatest club on planet earth.

I will be waiting to see u jubilate when he wins a trophy, cos I know say we no go hear word if the guy takes some time to get his feet with some initial poor performances. This Moyes trashed us at the beginning of this season sef, was he playing for a point then?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On May 09, 2013
Emperoh:

Bros, if you are not married, i will help you find wife! Just gimme ur specs
GOD Bless U!!

Why not just marry him, He is a GAYYner already so no wahala

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (14388) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.