Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,990 members, 7,960,133 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 01:39 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9173611 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) ... (14386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
We're going to denmark.., well L.V.G can give those kids plenty of game time in the EL. without worrying about the fans. Because we certainly won't complain weda he looses or not, na EPL sure pass now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
elrony:

Denmark? ?... I think say na Cyprus dem wan carry dem go

grin
FC Midtjylland was founded by Johnny Rune, a Carpenter and owner of a private business in the wood-supply industry, and Steen Hessel, an authorized Mercedes Benz Dealer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Midtjylland
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
Europa is an improved version of Capital One Cup!
We should be playing the Kids in the Competition to avoid finishing outside the Top 4 at the end of the Session!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2015
adeyemi2015:

grin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Midtjylland
na wa o, ordinary midtjylland, na en u de bring wiki enter matter? una no de play nairabet?
.but wait o, na Carpenter get the club true true? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I'd say we should win this. But its LVG!!
he should get us out of that competition as quickly as possible. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hopefully most of the injured legs should be fit by February. With some needed additions to the team this January, we should be able to mix Youth with some oldies in the Europa and FA Cups while keeping the major players injury free and fresh for the EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2015
chrisley024:
If we had the squad depth, i'd say we should go for it. Its an inferior competition. But no one ll complain if we win it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
chrisley024:
the youngies don get chance to prove themselves. Them fit win the competition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Just saw the Midtjylland squad and can assure that they possess absolutely no threat.I am sure we can thrash them 0-0 home and away.

FeeLawSawFee!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
^^^ cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
chrisley024:
he should get us out of that competition as quickly as possible. >sad
Haba... Not like that... Less our enemies rejoice.

weedtaker:
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
Fc confusionist vs philosophy undisputed #ueldraws
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 1:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
elampiro:

That is the aspect I don't like about his game. That movement is good against weak and small oppositions when the ball comes to the final third freely. But against strong opposition he is one man less from his team. That's short one. But he can be useful as a super sub with a late goal needed and every team mate pushes forward pimping balls into the box.

If you doubt me, go back and check his record against big oppositions apart from Chelsea. May be Terry and co couldn't come with his pace. He really punished Chelsea. But against the other big teams, he was shyte.
But he is starting and setting Bundesliga on fire now!
15 goals in 12 matches sounds nice. grin

I can see you still think of him in terms of his United days, but he's improved as at last session season and is quite good, especially in a team playing 'good football'.

I think he would have helped united this season, with all those crucial chances wasted with wayward finishing and lack of presence in the box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
elampiro:

Sack today hire tomorrow is risky. Van Gaal should finish this season first, then we know if he should be allowed his last season. Tight now, only Gaal knows what area to make corrections in this team. A new coach is a gamble.

From here we could see we need a larger squad. One or two experienced defenders. One matured winger. One striker. Hope Gaal thinks same way too.

exactly!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
Welcome to europa where merefish will continue his useless runs. Man utd vs Nairaland Midtjylland . Thursday nights will never be the same again for the red devils.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2015
weedtaker:
they won't even make it to quarter/semi final. Check the draw and see the teams there. This isn't Premier League U21
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
Wolfsburg
Real Madrid
Chelsea
Barcelona
Bayern
Atletico
Zenith
Man Utd grin Sorry Man City

All group leaders would go through to the quarter-finals! cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
Nihilist:
The only 2 strikers better than Benzema are Suarez and Aguero...and maybe Muller. So 3. And Ibra. Ok so 4 grin

Everybody else is at best on par. Benzema is like Rooney...He's not just a striker, he's heavily involved in the build up play as well. This guy has notched up a minimum of 10 assists a season since 2012.

I dont really want to start extolling the virtues of Benz this morning, cos I'm at work. But daring to mention Aubameyang and Benz in the same sentence is a mortal sin.
Benz is a poor man's Rooney. (in-form Rooney)
Rooney 2010-12 was more like a Messi.

Putting Benz and Rooney in the same sentence is a Sin smiley

Aubameyang?
He seems more ruthless (less skillful though) but plays for a lesser team, so for now, Benz is still ahead.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 3:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
elampiro:

Benzema only had 132 playing minutes more than Suarez. If you removed the one penalty Suarez scored, they would both end in 15 Laliga goals. Suarez also take free kicks. He plays in a stronger team.
He gets substituted every time since he gets fatigued deep into matches. That's the reason for the 132 minutes played over Suarez.
How many free kick did Suarez score?

Liverpool must have been very strong for Suarez to have won an European golden shoe with 31 league goals wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2015
Arsene Wenger's village witches don resume on top him matter again cheesy

I see Cech, picking the ball out of his net, at least 6 times over both legs grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
Abeg enough of dis Benzema argument. And lets look forward to how we gon beat Midtjy-blah-blah-blah tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2015
Elxandre:

He gets substituted every time since he gets fatigued deep into matches. That's the reason for the 132 minutes played over Suarez.
How many free kick did Suarez score?

Liverpool must have been very strong for Suarez to have won an European golden shoe with 31 league goals wink

He gets substituted because Madrid has many players that needed game time. Ozil, Di Maria and Higuain were on rotational. Later Isco, Chicharito.

Haven't you noticed that Benzema gets substituted more in small matches? It's mostly because of giving everyone playing time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2015
Tor

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
Elxandre:

But he is starting and setting Bundesliga on fire now!
15 goals in 12 matches sounds nice. grin

I can see you still think of him in terms of his United days, but he's improved as at last session season and is quite good, especially in a team playing 'good football'.

I think he would have helped united this season, with all those crucial chances wasted with wayward finishing and lack of presence in the box.

No one is saying he shouldn't have been helping us now. We have all agreed on this. But don't forget Van Gaal played him in three matches this season. He didn't fit in. Wilson did not also fit in

But Marshal and Memphis were supposed to be better finishers but they are still struggling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
Europa league is very good for Geography grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emaprince: 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
homesteady:

Benzema is just an 'ambitionless' human being.
very ambitionless!!! I've never liked that guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Krasid(m): 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2015
homesteady:
Suarez missed more than 2 months + teething problems in a new league, yet he still scored more goals and assists than Benzema in La Liga & UCL!

Benzema is just an 'ambitionless' human being.
Benzema is the 3rd all time top scorer in the UCL for current players apart from Messi and CR7.Ambitionless indeed.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
Suarez
Lewandoski
Aguero
Benzema

In that order
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pelvicky(m): 4:39pm On Dec 14, 2015
Krasid:
Benzema is the 3rd all time top scorer in the UCL for current players apart from Messi and CR7.Ambitionless indeed.
why do u now want lewy as a back up 4 Benz?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
wetin happen with Arsenal and letter B....
meanwhile, another easy draw for LVG. hope he pairs McNair and Tuanzebe dat day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
elampiro:

The stats won't tell anything except you request for the goals per minutes played. Benzema gets substituted out in almost all the matches.

Lies! Since Higuain left, he has been a sure 90 minutes player, till 2nd half of last season when Chacharito came and stole some few minutes and this season that Benitez has been trying to rotate the squad by bringing in Jese.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
elampiro:

Benzema only had 132 playing minutes more than Suarez. If you removed the one penalty Suarez scored, they would both end in 15 Laliga goals. Suarez also take free kicks. He plays in a stronger team.

Lmaoooooooooooo!
Suarez did not score any PK, and I think the 1st time I saw him playing a freekick for Barcelona was this season!

You like analyzing things, I wonder whether it skipped your memory that Suarez would also suffer from lack of match fitness (he was even fat), he would have to acclimatize to the new league, he played for like over one month before getting his 1st goal for Barcelona.
Before the start of this year, which team was the best in the world? Madrid! Barcelona only became stronger in the 2nd half.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) ... (14386) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: pelvicky(m), MeniMeni and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.