Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,027 members, 7,963,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 10:14 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9195727 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3494) (3495) (3496) (3497) (3498) (3499) (3500) ... (14400) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
Tho The level of disappointment continues to rise every week, I just believe Mourinho's team will turn a corner real soon. I just hope its soon enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ja rasta fried rice! !!! grin

My haters and well wishers. .. una well done grin

As we no get another manager ; in Mou we trust!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
I don't know if it's craziness or obsession with Zlatan, you are short 2 natural midfielders in a match, and you throw in zlatan.

See the confusion between zlatan and Rooney yesterday!

Mou needs to pray to God for wisdom, else he'd be committing career suicide. (Foolish man) grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2016
Apart from a couple of misplaced passes yesterday, Mihki was okay tho, I just need him to gain more confidence with each match time he gets.

Shunting Rashford out wide is now a glaring foolish idea, dude can't cross sef,and keeps forcing himself to do things unnatural to him because he ain't no winger.

Rooney should not near that midfield again, let him play as a striker worst case scenario, he's bound to be more effective there.

Make i no begin wail grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
Let me not believe that oga Moaninghoe is finished sha!!

For the sake of MUFC!!! grin grin

In Mou we trust! ! ! !
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
elrony:

In Mou we trust! ! ! !
Trying to be cocky? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
UniqueGem:
Trying to be cocky? undecided

Trying to be positive rather, these players and the manager don fall my rep wella. angry

Still believe in the team tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
elrony:

Trying to be positive rather, these players and the manager don fall my rep wella. angry

Still believe in the team tho.
Mourinho alone is to blame tho'. The team will click when he starts picking the right team and learn to apportion blame accordingly. Refusing to play Mkhi and then turning to say he needs to do more after playing him is a stupid thing. Will he learn to fo more on the bench or pitch. He also needs to put a stop to his bromance with zlatan. We have a good team but an egocentric manager in charge.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
UniqueGem:
grin The mugu will come back to tell you Man United signed pogba for 100M. Arsenal fans trolling United has to be one of the wonders of the world.
Lol
I pity them though, I really do. Claim to be a top European Team and never won the champions league. It's amazing. As it stands Leicester has a better chance of winning the champions league than assnal. Nothing could be more depressing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
UniqueGem:
Mourinho alone is to blame tho'. The team will click when he starts picking the right team and learn to apportion blame accordingly. Refusing to play Mkhi and then turning to say he needs to do more after playing him is a stupid thing. Will he learn to fo more on the bench or pitch. He also needs to put a stop to his bromance with zlatan. We have a good team but an egocentric manager in charge.

Do you like Hennessy? grin

Under LVG we complained of playing underperforming players regularly, playing them outta position too!
Buh i respect the man for not blaming players unnecessarily, which makes me think Mou is confused.

Blaming upandan, when he knows with a few tinkering the team will blossom.

I don't wanna believe he's allergic to "change".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
eph12:

Lol
I pity them though, I really do. Claim to be a top European Team and never won the champions league. It's amazing. As it stands Leicester has a better chance of winning the champions league than assnal. Nothing could be more depressing

Ma nigguh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2016
Oasis007:
[b]Matt Le Tissier tells us which players Jose Mourinho should keep at Manchester United and who he should let go.

David de Gea - KEEP 

Le Tiss: David de Gea is top quality and three successive Player of the Year awards says it all. He's up there with the best in the Premier League. They have to hold onto him. 

Eric Bailly - KEEP

Le Tiss: I think Eric Bailly has got the potential to be a top centre-back, so I would keep him around.

Phil Jones - LET GO

Le Tiss: I think Manchester United need to let Phil Jones go, he's just too injury-prone to rely on.

Marcos Rojo - LET GO 

Le Tiss: Marcos Rojo just hasn't got the quality that Manchester United are used to. Let him go. 

Chris Smalling - KEEP 

Le Tiss: Chris Smalling is still a good centre-back but I'm not sure he'll keep his starting spot for England. I'm not keen on people playing for their country if they don't get in their club sides.

Daley Blind - KEEP

Le Tiss: Daley Blind's versatility is useful in a squad, although I'm not sure what his best position is.

Luke Shaw - KEEP

Le Tiss: Manchester United have to keep hold of him because of his age - he's got the potential to be a very good player when fit.

Antonio Valencia - KEEP

Le Tiss: I'm not a huge fan of Antonio Valencia, but I'd probably say 'keep' because his athleticism and power are useful for Mourinho, but he does frustrate the life out of me how he crosses the ball through defenders.

Matteo Darmian - LET GO 

Le Tiss: Matteo Darmian is another one who has failed to live up to his price tag, so I'd probably let him go.

Paul Pogba - KEEP 

Le Tiss: Paul Pogba has obviously not had the start United expected or hoped for but I think he'll improve with time and it's too early to get rid.

Juan Mata - KEEP

Le Tiss: I like Juan Mata. He's a very clever footballer and United should hold onto him. 

Jesse Lingard - KEEP 

Le Tiss: Jesse Lingard has shown enough to prove he can be useful to the squad. Mourinho should hold onto him. 

Michael Carrick - KEEP 

Le Tiss: I'm surprised Michael Carrick hasn't played more. He's a very good footballer but it's just his age which goes against him at the moment. I'd keep him for his experience. 

Ashley Young - LET GO 

Le Tiss: I don't think Ashley Young has contributed enough. You want more from a Manchester United winger than just stopping the opposition full-back.

Ander Herrera - KEEP 

Le Tiss: I like Ander Herrera and Mourinho seems to be changing his opinion on him as well. He's got to stay. 

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - KEEP

Le Tiss: Henrikh Mkhitaryan hasn't really had a chance yet under Mourinho. He deserves that at least. 

Marouane Fellaini - LET GO 

Le Tiss: I think Manchester United need more quality in their midfield if they're going to return to the glory days. Marouane Fellaini doesn't fit the bill. 

Morgan Schneiderlin - LET GO

Le Tiss: I think they should let Morgan Schneiderlin come back to Southampton! He was one of the Premier League's best players in that role at Saints but it hasn't worked out for him at United.

Bastian Schweinsteiger - LET GO 

Le Tiss: I thought it was a strange one when they signed Bastian Schweinsteiger. They didn't need somebody like him with the injuries he's had, but that's not to say he's not a very good player.

Memphis Depay - LET GO 

Le Tiss: Again I don't think Memphis Depay has delivered when he's had the chances. Time for him to go. 

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - LET GO AT END OF SEASON

Le Tiss: I'd say keep if he wasn't 35 but Zlatan Ibrahimovic has only got this season in him and I'd let him go at the end of it.

Wayne Rooney - KEEP 

Le Tiss: I'd still keep Wayne Rooney around at the moment. If not for anything other than sentimental value to break the goalscoring record.

Antony Martial - KEEP

Le Tiss: There's plenty of potential there. Anthony Martial will have ups and downs but on his day he's very good.

Marcus Rashford - KEEP 

Le Tiss: The biggest no-brainer out of the lot of them. Marcus Rashford is showing the potential to be a top player for United.
[/b]
This list is accurate. So many dead weights in the team.
U think of how badly we've been playing and u realise players like Young and Fellaini still dey team. Makes u wanna weep.
And Rooney should join the Let Go list as soon as he breaks dat record.
Sad for Schneiderlin tho but he should move to another team b4 they kill his career with 'Bench'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:23am On Nov 05, 2016
Lana1:
This list is accurate. So many dead weights in the team.
U think of how badly we've been playing and u realise players like Young and Fellaini still dey team. Makes u wanna weep.
And Rooney should join the Let Go list as soon as he breaks dat record.
Sad for Schneiderlin tho but he should move to another team b4 they kill his career with 'Bench'

grin

Rooney's Career as a United Player is over this Season. He's just 2 Goals away from breaking the Record...... I'm kinda believe he's gonna get it before the Season Ends.

Schleiderlin has never been a United standard, same as Fellaini. Though they both shone like Stars with their respective former Clubs, however, it simply because they are heavenly made for the Mid-Table Clubs - I think Young also belongs to the Class.

As you suggested, he needs to return to Southampton, or probably moves to a Liege 1 Club in January - but on Loan!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:56am On Nov 05, 2016
"It's been quite a painful three years. And I think the next 18 months to two years could be very similar until this manager has three or four transfer windows to really get a team that he wants.

"I think this team in two years will be unrecognizable from what it is now. But, whatever we can do in this two years has to be a bonus. Whether they can win the league cup, the FA Cup."

- Paul Scholes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:37am On Nov 05, 2016
bigkesh:
Spend money like City
Aim for top 4 like Arsenal.
Brag history like Liverpool.
Change managers like Chelsea.

Man United
United have a more recent trophy than all these teams. In fact aside Man City, the rest won fûck all.

Maybe you should recheck the definition of "history".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:20am On Nov 05, 2016
eph12:

I can only blame those visionless people at the helm of affairs at the Theatre of Dreams. If not how can an assnal supporter of all people troll any of the top teams in this world not to talk Manchester United. I can understand a shekpe RM Bayern uefalonia Juve even liverfool fan trolling but assnal? I don't gerrit
Right now. I mean right at this very moment...

United is an UNDERDOG.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:22am On Nov 05, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

Arsenal of all Clubs! LOL!!!
They should come back to troll after adding a Champions League Trophy to their scanty Cabinet?!
Liverpool fans of the 80s will look at United and nod their heads, having familiar feelings.

#40YearsOfWilderness...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:24am On Nov 05, 2016
Elxandre:
arsenal fans troll with sense. Don't forget if this useless team beats you, una own don finish!
Yessa. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:32am On Nov 05, 2016
elrony:

In Mou we trust! ! ! !
cheesy

Nna, it seems trust has got different meanings.

Goodmoaning...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:37am On Nov 05, 2016
eph12:

Lol
This talk is senseless. Anyway in about 10years we should have Manchester United and Notts Forest in the same bracket.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:05am On Nov 05, 2016
Spy360:

Liverpool fans of the 80s will look at United and nod their heads, having familiar feelings.

#40YearsOfWilderness...

grin

Nah!

Tell me what Liverpool has in their Trophy Cabinet but lacking at United Today?! We will come back STRONGER!

And you know the funniest thing..... We will make Arsenal Match our Turning-Point!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:12am On Nov 05, 2016
Spy360:

This talk is senseless. Anyway in about 10years we should have Manchester United and Notts Forest in the same bracket.
Why not make it 2 years? 10 is too far, can't wait
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:13am On Nov 05, 2016
Spy360:

Right now. I mean right at this very moment...

United is an UNDERDOG.
And?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:25am On Nov 05, 2016
“Michael Carrick’s a prime example, is he injured, is he [Mourinho] saving him for Sunday?

“He’s played in the cup games, and whenever he’s played they’ve looked a different team, I think they’ve won most of their games with him in the team.

“It’s helped Pogba, a bit of experience next to him.”

- Paul Scholes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:27am On Nov 05, 2016
“To me, they don’t look interested in the game.

“What raised my eyebrow was the team selection: Rooney through the middle as a No.9 so there’s no threat over the back.

“Why didn’t you play Rashford through the middle? You’ve got Rashford and [Anthony] Martial who have blistering pace.”

- Paul Mariner
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timbros(m): 6:32am On Nov 05, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

Nah!

Tell me what Liverpool has in their Trophy Cabinet but lacking at United Today?! We will come back STRONGER!

And you know the funniest thing..... We will make Arsenal Match our Turning-Point!

This...

UEFA Cup.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:35am On Nov 05, 2016
"Every player trusts him, his philosophy and we have to follow him. We trust him.

"He's here to win things. He's a manager with a lot of motivation, he wants to win, and that's what we need.

"But to build a team you need time. I think we have the right manager and we have to give him the confidence and the time he needs.

"The fans want victories, they want good football, but I think the victories will come, we are not far away and we have to keep going.

"We started really well, but after we lost against Manchester City it's been up and down. We should have won against Stoke and Burnley, and taken six points, but we didn't.

"We only took two points and it's a big difference, but I think the victories will come. I'm sure of that, because of the way we played against Burnley."

- Marouane Fellaini
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:53am On Nov 05, 2016
"He [Ibrahimovic] is playing well for the team. He's creating a lot of chances and missing a lot of goals.

"If I remember Stoke, Liverpool, Chelsea, Burnley, he missed a lot of goals but he was fantastic in his dynamic, his working, his building up for the team, he was fantastic.

"[Against Fenerbahce] I cannot say the same. But in every match in the Premier League, even not scoring goals he's being fantastic. His attitude is always brilliant. He's not a guy afraid of his responsibility, so no problem at all."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:01am On Nov 05, 2016
[b]"Maybe they haven't completely found their best team. They have a lot of talent, but trying to find a balance in the team is what every manager in the world looks for.

"I don't know my best XI. It's something I'm trying to figure out every day. You look every day in training at different combinations.

"We're still trying to find our best and most consistent group and those discussions are absolutely ongoing. It might take a long time, but hopefully we will find it on Sunday.

"I've talked to [Mourinho] on the phone and traded some messages with him in the last year. We have some common friends.

"He's been in the United States a lot with teams in pre-season and in many of those situations I've had a chance to see his teams train. He's always been gracious in those moments.

"When he was at Inter Milan and Real Madrid, my eldest daughter was handling some of the administrative details for those teams.

"I was standing quietly at training there one day when he comes straight across the field. He started talking about the US and how we had played well in the World Cup. I remember him saying sometimes you need a bit of luck and that you should be proud.

"Then he hesitated and goes: 'And your daughter is a great girl.' She had done a bit of work around the team and he knew, from one father to another, that I would appreciate that. And I did. It shows you what kind of guy he is."

- Bob Bradley
[/b]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:04am On Nov 05, 2016
"In some ways it does show that it maybe was not just down to Moyes.

"The Manchester United job will be tough for anybody who takes it, whether it be Mourinho, Van Gaal or Moyes. It is always going to be a tough job, because you are following probably the finest manager in our time.

"Manchester United need stability, and it is a football club that has always trusted itself, trusted its managers, believed in their managers, and certainly given their managers time to do the right job. It is a great club.

"I had my time there, and it has passed on to somebody else. I am just saying it is a great job. Jose is a top manager, as was LVG, but it is difficult for whoever goes to Manchester United.

"Do Mourinho and Van Gaal's struggles put my reign in context? I am glad you are saying that, because I have always felt that. I felt that it would take time, but it is football."

- David Moyes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:18am On Nov 05, 2016
o ga oh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:41am On Nov 05, 2016
timbros:

This...

UEFA Cup.

undecided

But..... bur...... they do not have this?!

FIFA Club World Cup -Inter-Continental Trophy!

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3494) (3495) (3496) (3497) (3498) (3499) (3500) ... (14400) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolaa, Kimbeast and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.