Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,515 members, 7,961,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9180963 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6338) (6339) (6340) (6341) (6342) (6343) (6344) ... (14388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 11:50am On Feb 05, 2019
afrodoc2:

I need to watch Wan Bissaka a bit more to better assess him.
Right now i would prefer Meunier or Cancelo, but that’s not to say someone else can’t be the answer.

I've been in awe of how good that boy is EVERYTIME I've seen him play.

He is literally impossible to get past. In 1v1 situations he is incredible. His tackling and interception stats are off the charts.
He's good on the ball and a good dribbler himself.

The only flaw I can see in his game at the moment is his positioning but he more often than not makes up for it with his speed and incredible tackling.
And even that will undoubtedly improve in the coming years.

He's a guaranteed starter for England in 2 years, especially at the rate Kyle walker is going and now that Trippiers fraudulence is becoming increasingly evident.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:51am On Feb 05, 2019
afrodoc2:

Matic is a better passer of the ball than Herrera, albeit a slow one.

Herrera presses better and is way more mobile than Matic.

We need these qualities in a single player.
That's why for now we have to play the two.

What are our options if we're to get a player like this now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2019
What is currently happening to Fred and Keita is why I will forever be skeptical about some kind of imports.
I saw these guys ball out (Fred in the CL and keita a few times in the bandesliga). In that 6 months waiting period, before he came to Liverpool, I was watching him sometimes and feeling hella envious.

See how badly the two of them are struggling at the moment. I almost have no explanation.

For Fred though, I think once he stops expecting to have all the time in the world when receiving the ball, he will be fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2019
But if it ever came to the point where we have to choose between splashing for a RW or splashing for a RB, I would prefer the former.
It's easier to get someone who can 'do a job' at right back.

I didn't expect us to be in contention for 4th at all this season as at the time of Jose's sack, never mind in the blink of an eye.

By now we would be able use Dalot a lot more to see for certain if we can rely on him next season or not, while comfortably chesting any possible downsides.

Now there's too much at stake to even play our 50m midfield signing without extreme caution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
eph12:

That's why for now we have to play the two.

What are our options if we're to get a player like this now?

Saul Niguez, Koke, Bentancur, Rabiot, Weigl, Ruben Neves etc.
Let the scouts do their job.

We need more technique in midfield than Herrera and Matic can give us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
PietroRick:
What is currently happening to Fred and Keita is why I will forever be skeptical about some kind of imports.
I saw these guys ball out (Fred in the CL and keita a few times in the CL). In that 6 months waiting period, before he came to Liverpool, I was watching him sometimes and feeling hella envious.

See how badly the two of them are struggling at the moment. I almost have no explanation.

For Fred though, I think once he stops expecting to have all the time in the world when receiving the ball, he will be fine.

You make a good point. Sometimes a player is just not suited to a particular league or maybe he was only a big fish in a small pond.

The way Keita was nutmegging them in Bundesliga one would have thought he was a sure thing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:35pm On Feb 05, 2019
PietroRick:

He is literally impossible to get past. In 1v1 situations he is incredible. His tackling and interception stats are off the charts.

The only flaw I can see in his game at the moment is his positioning but he more often than not makes up for it with his speed and incredible tackling.

He's a guaranteed starter for England in 2 years, especially at the rate Kyle walker is going and now that Trippiers fraudulence is becoming increasingly evident.

I have been observing his game.. That Lad is better than what we have..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
Best GK in the League. undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:39pm On Feb 05, 2019
afrodoc2:

Ruben Neves is fvcking good. If we can't get Rabiot.. Lets get him, atleast he knows the league already

Pogba + Herrera + Neves won't be bad at all.. If that Fred of guy gets his acts right.. He'll deputize for either Herrera or Neves.. As for Perreira dunno what to say about him.. He plays like u serious under 18 player

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
Lana1:

Lol

Let him come to Utd, he'll concede than Courtois sef

Overhyped Brazilian Ospina
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2019
afrodoc2:

I agree with you though I don't think Herrera is as limited as it seems. He's just having to cover a lot of ground to cover up for the deficiency in some others. He should be able to contribute all rounder with a more mobile partner in the middle and a better RB or RW. Those guys to his right are really slowing him down

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
Lana1:
Is this the person that raumdeuter said is covering for VanD? Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DEGABA(m): 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:

Do you agree with Carragher.. I don't
i do
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:15pm On Feb 05, 2019
DeadPresidents:

Yeah, multiple sins. Let us not allow the teams recent string of good performances allow us forget that Ed Woodward has been running this club in criminal fashion.

From making signings based purely on marketing potentials, to taking too long to give Jose the boot these are just some of Ed's sins.

My only happiness is that we at least have plans for a football director.
a lot here is speculation. the man is not the sole administrator there, the board constitute some seasoned professionals like SAF and Bobby. SAF anointed Moyes, there's always consultation.

Emenalo have left Chelsea, some people have turned their attention on Anna or Marina something. Nothing's changed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
DEGABA:
i do

Why and how
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nihilistjnr: 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2019
afrodoc2:
So Joginho is now doing check-ins at the airport.

cheesy

Nihilist come and carry your brother.

Hensben is right.
.Jorginho registers 100 passes a game.

He registrates our play. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nihilistjnr: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2019
Lana1:

The saviour of Liverpool according to raumdeuter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2019
nihilistjnr:

The saviour of Liverpool according to rumdeuter
eph12:

Is this the person that ramdeuter said is covering for VanD? Smh
Maybe if the defender of the universe was doing his job like you said he was covering the whole defence there wont be need to make saves

See the voltron guy marking Maguire here, 3 seconds later Maguire is celebrating a goal while his marker was left standing at the same spot you could have confused him for a tree

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2019
raumdeuter:

Maybe if the defender of the universe was doing his job like you said he was covering the whole defence there wont be need to make saves

See the voltron guy marking Maguire here, 3 seconds later Maguire is celebrating a goal while his marker was left standing at the same spot you could have confused him for a tree
I don't know how but van Dijk slander dey sweet my Belle.
There's precious little of it around. Keep up the good work

The hype train was getting out of hands at some point.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Hensben is right.
.Jorginho registers 100 passes a game.

He registrates our play. cheesy

Hahaha.

And you want to enter heaven with this kind behavior. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2019
Manchester United outsprinted their opponents five times in a row under Soslkjaer. They did that just twice this season under Mourinho.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2019
Offside trap na raumdeuter. They were setting an offside trap. He’ll be at fault only if he played Maguire on.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2019

Smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
Leyqute:
Offside trap na raumdeuter. They were setting an offside trap. He’ll be at fault only if he played Maguire on.
Offside trap no mean say you go remain static after them don play ball nau
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 3:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
ChristineC:
a lot here is speculation. the man is not the sole administrator there, the board constitute some seasoned professionals like SAF and Bobby. SAF anointed Moyes, there's always consultation.

Emenalo have left Chelsea, some people have turned their attention on Anna or Marina something. Nothing's changed.

There's no speculation at play here. Ed Woodward is the man with the last word on any transaction that happens at the club. Marina? That lady doesn't wield half the authority at Ed's behest.

You have to understand that United as a club is property of the Glazer family. The owners of the club have Ed Woodward installed as the Chief Executive Officer of the club.

The statement he made concerning the reason he vetoed the 60m Alderweireld confirms he has the final say when it comes to staff appointments whether players or backroom staff. SAF and SBC are treated as pillars of the club but they do not possess the level of leverage Woodward possesses.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2019
cry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2019
DeadPresidents:

There's no speculation at play here. Ed Woodward is the man with the last word on any transaction that happens at the club. Marina? That lady doesn't wield half the authority at Ed's behest.

You have to understand that United as a club is property of the Glazer family. The owners of the club have Ed Woodward installed as the Chief Executive Officer of the club.

The statement he made concerning the reason he vetoed the 60m Alderweireld confirms he has the final say when it comes to staff appointments whether players or backroom staff. SAF and SBC are treated as pillars of the club but they do not possess the level of leverage Woodward possesses.

You Correct... ✔ ✔

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2019
Leyqute:
Offside trap na ramdeuter. They were setting an offside trap. He’ll be at fault only if he played Maguire on.

The ball has already been played here, Can you start setting offside when the ball is already in the air. Maguire was level with VVD when the ball was headed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8680737_maguire_jpegc2eb5fe144fca7901cb1ae6baf6fec13

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2019
PietroRick:
Offside trap no mean say you go remain static after them don play ball nau

Abi o. Even Bendel Insurance defenders no dey do those type Ask elampiro

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
Leyqute:

Offside trap no mean say you should not mark or track your runners.

If that was Jones you would be blaming him. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2019
afrodoc2:
Offside trap no mean say you should not mark or track your runners.

If that was Jones you would be blaming him. Lol

When it comes to MCM Voltron they will be looking for any and every excuse

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
PietroRick:

http://www.squawka.com/en/news/aaron-wan-bissaka-why-wingers-really-really-dont-like-him/1080176?amp-on&__twitter_impression=true

See what I was talking about earlier

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6338) (6339) (6340) (6341) (6342) (6343) (6344) ... (14388) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.