Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,497 members, 7,961,547 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9180763 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7786) (7787) (7788) (7789) (7790) (7791) (7792) ... (14388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:34pm On May 13, 2020
IKON360:

Not all DMs have more passes than CMs, some SMS drop deep to pick the ball. If Pogba drops deep to pick the ball and orchestrate play, it doesn't mean Pogba is playing DM. In Liverpool, Fabinho is the DM but you often see Henderson dropping deep to pick the ball but Wijnaldum rarely drops deep to pick the ball and both of them are CMs...

Always read to understand. Thank you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IKON360(m): 3:35pm On May 13, 2020
afrodoc2:

After investigating the lineups and heat maps as well as reviewing archival footage. My judgement is that this is the most accurate assessment of the situation.

We play a double pivot of 4-2-3-1 which makes determining who is DM very difficult.

Matic and anybody = Matic is DM and the other person is CM

Pogba and anybody = Pogba is CM and the other person is DM

Fred and McTominay = Pure double pivot essentially with Fred covering the left and McTominay covering the right. However in more than half of the games together heat map shows Fred more active in slightly more defensive positions while McTominay more active in slightly more offensive positions.
In many of the games it is just too difficult to tell. In double pivot you usually have 2 CDMs and not the obvious division of labour you might see in a 4-3-3 with DM, CM, AM.

This is why the same whoscored that said McTominay played DM 19 times and CM 3 times also says Fred played DM 21 and CM 6 times, and Pogba played DM 8 times and 2 sub appearances with 0 appearance as CM.
Essentially saying all of them played mainly DM this season and CM very few times.
This is astute, for Man utd, I think the reason Fred is more active in defensive positions is to build up play not necessarily that he has a better defensive contribution than McTominay, look at the France side that won the World Cup, Pogba was often times deeper than Kante and Matuidi because he was a better passer than them though they are better defensively than him. Look at Pirlo for Italy and Juventus, Pirlo was deeper than his fellow central midfielders, not cos he is a better DM but cos of his passing range and ability to boss the midfield. So I think that's what's applicable to Fred and McTominay, Fred is the better passer but McTominay for me is the better tackler.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:37pm On May 13, 2020
IKON360:

Exactly, even Pep's Barcelona, Xavi CM always had more passes than Busquets the DM. Not all DMs are passers. Kante and Matic under Conte, Matic played deeper than Kante but Kante had more interceptions and general defensive stats, so it depends on the system.
Thank you

If your Nairaland account Is not older than theirs, you can't be right.

grin grin

Fred the DM cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:59pm On May 13, 2020
Shaw: "Probably the hardest player to get the ball off is Paul [Pogba]. He's so big, strong, he's got quick feet. To be fair, he's got everything to be the best midfielder in the world. You could ask any player in the team about that."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 6:34pm On May 13, 2020
Oasis007:
Gary Neville: "What annoyed me about Tevez was that he downed tools in his second season, starting sitting on the treatment bench, coming out late for training, started messing around, he was playing the club and I couldn't stand that."

- Sky

Typical of majority of South American players. Indiscipline is in the DNA of majority of them.

If they had half the discipline of their European counterparts, no European player will even be smelling world best for a long time and their countries will be taking turns in winning the world cup every world cup year.

The fact that they achieved even this much shows how enormously talented they are, it's like they were born to play football

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:47pm On May 13, 2020
airmark:
grin

Top striker.
Ighalo the boss cool
promptly made Martial sit up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:00pm On May 13, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:52am On May 14, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:19am On May 14, 2020
Paul Scholes: "I can't remember what year it was but I really thought the manager got him [Ronaldinho] — we were as a close as announcing him and giving him a number but I think he ended up changing his mind at the last minute and signing for Barcelona."

- BBC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:35am On May 14, 2020
Manchester United are monitoring Schalke’s Rabbi Matondo as a back-up option for Jadon Sancho. He’s viewed as more cost efficient if Borussia Dortmund outprice United for Sancho. The club regard him in the same ‘low-risk buy’ bracket as Daniel James.

- MEN
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IKON360(m): 11:44am On May 14, 2020
If only Daniel James scored more goals, I don't think Man utd will even be in the market for another winger
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 14, 2020
So apparently Man Utd has agreed a deal for Lyon's Moussa Dembele. Around 61million Euros. If this is true, what do you guys think about this deal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:27pm On May 14, 2020
Williams: "I went into the season just trying to play in the under-23s consistently. I didn't think I was going to play 20 games already for the first-team."

- BBC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:28pm On May 14, 2020
Williams: "There was a prank done on me by Ashley Young. It was the first time I was allowed to park in the first-team car park. Ashley got one of the kit men to take my car & park it in the manager's spot. I ran in quickly, got my keys. I think I got away with it."

- BBC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pkasso(m): 3:17pm On May 14, 2020
I don't know if i've said this before but somewhere in my head, i've always thought of elrony and eph12 as twins of some sort. I can't explain it. It's like my brain keeps trying to find patterns connecting the two of them. When i see an elrony post, eph comes to mind and vice versa. Maybe it's the letter e.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:46pm On May 14, 2020
pkasso:
I don't know if i've said this before but somewhere in my head, i've always thought of elrony and eph12 as twins of some sort. I can't explain it. It's like my brain keeps trying to find patterns connecting the two of them. When i see an elrony post, eph comes to mind and vice versa. Maybe it's the letter e.
Lol
What's in the post that makes you think so?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:14pm On May 14, 2020
pkasso:

Hello sir, I'm with you too.

Sometimes, I've to scroll up to see if it's El or Eph. But I think Elrony is quite funny while Eph won't take a pun for a joke. IMO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pkasso(m): 6:29pm On May 14, 2020
adebayo201:

Sometimes, I've to scroll up to see if it's El or Eph. But I think Elrony is quite funny while Eph won't take a pun for a joke. IMO
Thank God. I thought i was the only one. Elrony aka elrunning grin Fake man of God grin

Eph has his funny moments also.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pkasso(m): 6:53pm On May 14, 2020
eph12:

Lol
What's in the post that makes you think so?
Bro, i don't know. I'm not a prophet but i think you guys might be connected in some way grin

In my head, i have this picture of how most people in this section look like based on what they say and my interactions with them. Their personalities, quirks and habits. It's like drawing up a profile. A sketch basically. And every time i think of you and el, the mental image i get is basically the same. Almost like you guys are one and the same person.

It's fuccking weird, i know.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:49pm On May 14, 2020
adebayo201:

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:51pm On May 14, 2020
pkasso:
Bro, i don't know. I'm not a prophet but i think you guys might be connected in some way grin

In my head, i have this picture of how most people in this section look like based on what they say and my interactions with them. Their personalities, quirks and habits. It's like drawing up a profile. A sketch basically. And every time i think of you and el, the mental image i get is basically the same. Almost like you guys are one and the same person.

It's fuccking weird, i know.
You're almost right sha. Elrony is my spiritual father
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:11am On May 15, 2020
cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:46am On May 15, 2020
Oasis007:
Manchester United are monitoring Schalke’s Rabbi Matondo as a back-up option for Jadon Sancho. He’s viewed as more cost efficient if Borussia Dortmund outprice United for Sancho. The club regard him in the same ‘low-risk buy’ bracket as Daniel James.

- MEN
that Man city pikin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:02am On May 15, 2020
Hit or Miss.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:34am On May 15, 2020
Oasis007:
Hit or Miss.

Big miss. But I like the look of the green away one that leaked. I'll probably get that one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:14pm On May 15, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 12:20pm On May 15, 2020
Oasis007:
Hit or Miss.

Hiss grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 12:26pm On May 15, 2020
sylvalord:
So apparently Man Utd has agreed a deal for Lyon's Moussa Dembele. Around 61million Euros. If this is true, what do you guys think about this deal?

As long as he doesn’t hamper Greenwood’s development. Na wetin concern me now be that.

Also, is he going to be a starter? 61 million is prolly too much for a potential benchee
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 12:43pm On May 15, 2020
Chrisus:

As long as he doesn’t hamper Greenwood’s development. Na wetin concern me now be that.

Also, is he going to be a starter? 61 million is prolly too much for a potential benchee

Meaning Ighalo will go back to China.

If we are not going to bench him, the best we can do is to Loan Greenwood to Germany and make sure which ever club he's loaned to , he must start over 80% of their games when fit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2020
Chrisus:

Hiss grin

grin

Confused are you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2020
MRTA7:

Big miss. But I like the look of the green away one that leaked. I'll probably get that one.

grin

Not fascinated with it either.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:36pm On May 15, 2020
Leyqute:

And coat it with amala cheesy

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7786) (7787) (7788) (7789) (7790) (7791) (7792) ... (14388) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Henrique99, metodman(m), Jamiuokolaa and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.