Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,306 members, 7,977,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:26 PM

North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed (32826 Views)

BREAKING! Yoruba Youths Protest, Demand Nigeria Breakup As Hausas Attack More Yo / Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? / North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by nduchucks: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2012
Dede1:

I have tried very hard not to leave any stone unturned when I write about Nigeria/Biafra civil war. In most cases, I chose not to hide behind any nomenclatural crap such as region or political zone to state my facts. Those who tend to hide their ethnically born atrocity or hatred against Biafrans had continued to distort facts about Biafra. Some had idiotically labeled Biafra as an Igbo affair and few had moronically injected the idea of neutrality into the conflict. In each case, the detractors had looked foolish in attempted to skew the facts.

It is unfortunate you have dangerously displayed your ignorance on the subject matter. I can judge your level of knowledge about the ethnicities in Nigeria but must be informed Biafra not inclusive of Yoruba, Edo, Ishan, Urhobo, Ijo (western) and Itsekiri did not make it solely an Igbo affair.

Biafra was purely affair of eastern region and Igbo (midwaetern region). In case you have letdown on retentive memory, eastern region was/is home of many ethnic groups in Nigeria such as Igbo, Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Ejegam, Efik, Ekoi, Atama and Ijo (eastern region). It is foolhardy for any person of human intellect to regard Biafra as Igbo affairs when sons and daughters of the ethnicities in eastern region contributed immensely to the actualization of Biafra.

I have looked far and wide; there is no iota of evidence to show I have corroborated your delusional thought that Biafra was solely an Igbo idea in all my posts.

As usual you continue with your campaign of revisionism which has lately become your new way of prosecuting the biafran war, which you lost decades ago. Let it go, its over, you lost!!

Your claim that Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Ejegam, Efik, Ekoi, Atama and Ijo were part of your decision to secede is preposterous. You ignored the fact that after the coup and counter coup of 1966, as a means of holding the country together in the last result, the country was divided into twelve states from the original four regions in May 1967.

The former Eastern Region under Eze Ndigbo Gburugburu Lt. Col. Ojukwu (RIP) saw the act of the creation of states by decree "without consultation" as the last straw, and declared the Region an independent state of "Biafra". Pray tell, did he consult with the ethnic groups you listed as being part of the old Eastern region?

The Federal Government in Lagos saw this as an act of secession and illegal. Several meetings were held to resolve the issue peacefully without success. To avoid disintegration of the country, the central government was left with only one choice of bringing back the Region to the main fold by force. Hence the civil way. Shikena.

TO KEEP NIGERIA ONE IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE cool
Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by Dede1(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2012
ndu_chucks:

As usual you continue with your campaign of revisionism which has lately become your new way of prosecuting the biafran war, which you lost decades ago. Let it go, its over, you lost!!

Your claim that Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Ejegam, Efik, Ekoi, Atama and Ijo were part of your decision to secede is preposterous. You ignored the fact that after the coup and counter coup of 1966, as a means of holding the country together in the last result, the country was divided into twelve states from the original four regions in May 1967.

The former Eastern Region under Eze Ndigbo Gburugburu Lt. Col. Ojukwu (RIP) saw the act of the creation of states by decree "without consultation" as the last straw, and declared the Region an independent state of "Biafra". Pray tell, did he consult with the ethnic groups you listed as being part of the old Eastern region?

The Federal Government in Lagos saw this as an act of secession and illegal. Several meetings were held to resolve the issue peacefully without success. To avoid disintegration of the country, the central government was left with only one choice of bringing back the Region to the main fold by force. Hence the civil way. Shikena.

TO KEEP NIGERIA ONE IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE cool

I guess you can hear yourself while speaking. The colored is the benign of your political and even military knowledge. The July 29, 1966 coup in Nigeria was unsuccessful because the coup plotters did not have control of all the regions in Nigeria. The military commander in one of the regions bluffed the coup plotters. There was a situation of political and military impasse in the country with eastern region firmly in control of soldiers who were not part of the coup. Do you not think it was foolhardy for a leader of soldiers who planned the unsuccessful coup to assume the position of commander-in-chief when he did not have full control of armed forces in the entire country?

Gowon might have authority to foo1 around with northern, western and mid-western regions but he had no such authority to mess with eastern region. When Gowon and his follow dummies reneged on the Aburi accord and dove into creation states in Nigeria, including the region he has no authority, the government at Enugu called such action childish and ill-informed. Since the creation of sates in the country, Nigeria had become hell hole on earth.
Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
patriot2:
I think you are angry that you igbos have been conquered and humiliated in a genocidal war, the Yorubas on the other hand have never been conquered, they fought and defeated the haussas fulani before colonization, while the igbos were still living in the bushes like animals. the haussa have always shown fear and respect for the yorubas, and if they had to face us then they will be scared once again, especially because we are united, while we defeated them when we were not united. Moreover they are uneducated.

O yes, I agree we Igbos were conquered (of course after 3years of killing infants with the help of Britain, Russia, Saudi arabia, Egypt and UAE) but the hausa/fulanis never settled in Igboland and our towns have never been ceeded for cattle-breeding grin, remember the fulanis love lands and they acquire them thru conquests. Have you ever asked yourself why they refused to settle permanently in Igboland like they did in illorin, offa, ibadan? The answer is simple the Igbos were too hot to handle. Did they depose an Igwe and enthrone an Emir in igboland?. Dan fodios jihad in 1800s brought illorin to its knees almost unchallenged within 1week. Now listen the H/F are never scared of you, rather u guys are always ready to have them use you as babywipers, when they are are thru they dump you. Akintola was Bello's shoeshiner even with his law-degree. Note: Bello only had WASSCE cert. grin

Now read this excerpt
"By the middle of the nineteenth century, there were thirty emirates and the capital district of Sokoto, which itself was a large and populous territory although not technically an emirate. All the important Hausa emirates, including Kano, the wealthiest and most populous, were directly under Sokoto. Adamawa, which was established by Fulani forced to evacuate Borno, was geographically the biggest, stretching far to the south and east of its capital at Yola into modern Cameroon. Ilorin, which became part of the caliphate in the 1830s, was initially the headquarters of the Oyo cavalry that had provided the backbone of the king's power. An attempted coup d'état by the general of the cavalry in 1817 backfired when the cavalry itself revolted and pledged its allegiance to the Sokoto Caliphate. The cavalry was largely composed of Muslim slaves from farther north, and they saw in the jihad a justification for rebellion. In the 1820s, Oyo had been torn asunder, and the defeated king and the warlords of the Oyo Mesi retreated south to form new cities, including Ibadan, where they carried on their resistance to the caliphate and fought among themselves as well."

culled from http://countrystudies.us/nigeria/9.htm grin
Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
dozzybaba:

O yes, I agree we Igbos were conquered (of course after 3years of killing infants with the help of Britain, Russia, Saudi arabia, Egypt and UAE) but the hausa/fulanis never settled in Igboland and our towns have never been ceeded for cattle-breeding grin, remember the fulanis love lands and they acquire them thru conquests. Have you ever asked yourself why they refused to settle permanently in Igboland like they did in illorin, offa, ibadan? The answer is simple the Igbos were too hot to handle. They did depose an Igwe and enthrone an Emir. Dan fodios jihad in 1800s brought illorin to its knees almost unchallenged within 1week. Now listen the H/F are never scared of you, rather u guys are always ready to have them use you as babywipers, when they are are thru they dump you. Akintola was Bello's shoeshiner even with his law-degree. Note: Bello only had WASSCE cert. grin

Now read this excerpt
"By the middle of the nineteenth century, there were thirty emirates and the capital district of Sokoto, which itself was a large and populous territory although not technically an emirate. All the important Hausa emirates, including Kano, the wealthiest and most populous, were directly under Sokoto. Adamawa, which was established by Fulani forced to evacuate Borno, was geographically the biggest, stretching far to the south and east of its capital at Yola into modern Cameroon. Ilorin, which became part of the caliphate in the 1830s, was initially the headquarters of the Oyo cavalry that had provided the backbone of the king's power. An attempted coup d'état by the general of the cavalry in 1817 backfired when the cavalry itself revolted and pledged its allegiance to the Sokoto Caliphate. The cavalry was largely composed of Muslim slaves from farther north, and they saw in the jihad a justification for rebellion. In the 1820s, Oyo had been torn asunder, and the defeated king and the warlords of the Oyo Mesi retreated south to form new cities, including Ibadan, where they carried on their resistance to the caliphate and fought among themselves as well."

culled from http://countrystudies.us/nigeria/9.htm grin
First of all I will have you remember that the igbo had outside help as well, you see I am a french and Nigerian and I know the history of both countries, I know that France helped Biafra with weapons and soldiers. Biafrans even brought in mercenaries. The only thing the haussas brought in from outside was more weapons even if they had support from world powers, (of which I would not count the filthy arabs). So Biafra was defeated, period.
Consigning Ilorin, at that period there was a civil war in Yoruba land, Yoruba were too occupied with killing themselves and the soon to be emir of ilorin was even invited in by the alafin as an ally in order to get external support for his camp in the civil war. What was not expected was that the fulani would do a palace coup and burn his host alife. And one other reason the Fulanis love Yorubaland is because Yorubas are civilised, they don't kill without reason and they don't have the reputation of cannibals, while on the other hand igbos scare the fulani to death but not for the good reasons, not because they think igbos are warriors, because they think igbos are cannibals and uncivilised people, so the only contact they want with igbo is through an army and a genocide, apart from that they are not interested. Me as a Yoruba I do not appreciate the Fulani very much, but I tolerate them for now, I have nothing against the igbo but their constant rewriting of history and their refusal to see the fact that they lost the war, they also keep insulting Yoruba, for what? Wasn't it Benin Kingdom that resisted the British the most, while igbos were becoming christians in millions ?
Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by OneNaira6: 11:31pm On Mar 16, 2012
patriot2:
First of all I will have you remember that the igbo had outside help as well, you see I am a french and Nigerian and I know the history of both countries, I know that France helped Biafra with weapons and soldiers. Biafrans even brought in mercenaries. The only thing the haussas brought in from outside was more weapons even if they had support from world powers, (of which I would not count the filthy arabs). So Biafra was defeated, period.
Consigning Ilorin, at that period there was a civil war in Yoruba land, Yoruba were too occupied with killing themselves and the soon to be emir of ilorin was even invited in by the alafin as an ally in order to get external support for his camp in the civil war. What was not expected was that the fulani would do a palace coup and burn his host alife. And one other reason the Fulanis love Yorubaland is because Yorubas are civilised, they don't kill without reason and they don't have the reputation of cannibals, while on the other hand igbos scare the fulani to death but not for the good reasons, not because they think igbos are warriors, because they think igbos are cannibals and uncivilised people, so the only contact they want with igbo is through an army and a genocide, apart from that they are not interested. Me as a Yoruba I do not appreciate the Fulani very much, but I tolerate them for now, I have nothing against the igbo but their constant rewriting of history and their refusal to see the fact that they lost the war, they also keep insulting Yoruba, for what? Wasn't it Benin Kingdom that resisted the British the most, while igbos were becoming christians in millions ?

ROFLMFAO. This forum is filled with way too much fakiness, usually the yoruba and hausa that conduct this sh1t and to the life of me cannot understand the reason behind it.

I sometimes wonder, is this website filled with women pretending to be men or what? *no offense to the females upon this forum*

SMH Nigg@, a long time ago you claimed bini no be so?
I am a bini and what I can say is that my parents and grand parents and great grand parents except one of them saw them selfs as a yoruba tribe.

https://www.nairaland.com/862912/myth-reality-yoruba-closer-edos/32

And here you are again pretending to be Bini while claiming to have Igbo origin and forcing a non-accurate origin onto the Igbo group

I didn't say it wasn't also the other way round, and I said it before Chief Agho Obaseki was my great grand father and his grand father was the Obi of Nsukwe. So you see, I am bini, yet I have igbo ancestry.
ANd this has nothing to do with influence, because when you arrive as a minority it becomes dangerous not to adapt yourself to the tune of the hosts(you might get wiped out).
https://www.nairaland.com/474299/igbos-bini/1

I suspected you from the get-go. From the above post, it was obvious you were lying, just like you are lying about being half french on this thread post but still na wa oo for this childishness especially recently finding out that half of una are middle aged to old aged men, I expected this type of behavior from teenagers or men my age but not men from my father or grandfather's age. Taa Tufiakwa.

1. for the cannibal shit, dude didn't your oba mention una are cannibals, we all know it. What is with the lying trait found in some Nigeria regions? na wa oo
2. it is well documented why Hausa-fulani didn't penetrate any ethnic group in east of Nigeria, learn to pick up a book once in awhile. if you do not know others history, learn to keep shut.
3. As for colonization and it's resistance, refer back the last sentences of answer 2. dude if you are ignorant, learn to keep that ignorance in.

Lastly, do something with this fakiness, it is not good for any man to do stupid sh1t like that.
Actually never mind, I think I know who you are already. Never mind, if my assumption is right, you are notorious for this type of desperate, pathetic behavior.
Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2012
patriot2:

You can be french, arab, mestizo, I dont give a rat's ass. Now sit down like a good yoruba boy and let me tutor you.
In the late 1960s, We Ibos cried out to world for help against Nigeria and her Imperial backers and France (a largely christian country) sent the little help they could afford...light arms. France helped Biafra only with light arms via Ivory coast if u r intelligent (which i doubt) u will realize that in military strategy, light arms don't wars. They are primarily for survival and the ibos fought gallantly almost with their "bare hands".
-Do you know how much Nigeria spent procuring heavy arms, mortars and ammunition against Biafra?...120 million USD.
-Do u know nationality of the cowardly bombers that bombed churches, markets and hospitals in Biafraland?..Egyptians (the dirty arabs like u called them).
-What about the engineers that helped fix Nigerian bomber jets...UAE and Saudis.
I could go on and on but let me quickly rush to ur cannibalism assertion about Igbos.
Yorubas Obas enjoy human meat,your chiefs and kingmakers even eat the heart of ur Kings when they die. It is a known FACT. Three months ago the Oba of Agege died, scores of people went reportedly missing, i'm sure they
were used as meat in the burial ceremony of that Oba. Now click here and see what a south african newsnet reported about common yorubas who eat amala and ewedu with human intestines. grin
http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/erection-drove-cannibal-to-machete-murder-1.86989
Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by 4watever: 1:03pm On May 09, 2013
Me_Aboki:

No way, it still gonna be One Nigeria for now, until all that too finishes then everyone can go their separate ways.
BTW, consider it as a Northern humanitarian gesture; because if we allow these greedy ppl go, with all that oil money, they'll only end up killing themselves fighting over ownership/resource control right down to village level; so how else do you think the North should protect Southerners against their own greed if not through One Nigeria. cool cool cheesy grin

grin grin
Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by IGBOSON1: 1:45pm On May 09, 2013
bashr8:

pls dont say that they have dayokanu ,adekunle, bluetooth,ekoile and dudenegro to fight the good fight am still crying this thread is soo emotional. cry cry cry

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

E-warriors par-excellence! grin.....laptops at the ready to fight the good fight. Oh!....and don't forget cyberg.

But on a more serious note; you're looking for trouble you know? smiley

PS- i'm strongly suspecting Dayokanu and Adekunle (scorpion) are one and the same person. wink
Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by osaxx: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
DID U JUST SAY NORTH IS READY FOR BREAK-UP.....TELL ME U ARE KIDDIN ME!!!
ARE YOU NOT AWARE NOT IS A PARASITE REFUSING TO BE SELF-DEPENDENT BECAUSE OF OIL IN ANOTHER MAN'S BACKYARD...ARE U NOT AWARE...
DEFINATELY THE NORTH WILL BREAK BY 2015 INTO THREE COUNTRIES HAUSA REPUBLIC, FULANI REPUBLIC AND MIDDLE BELT REPUBLIC....LOL, ONLY THEN THEY WILL GO BACK TO THEIR FARMS AND WORK HARD AND STOP USING THJIER ILLITERATE HEAD TO TELL US THEY ARE BORN TO RULE THE LITERATE......AM TIRED OF THEIR DRAWBACK FOR 38YEARS.....WE NEED TO MOVE FORWARD
Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by nagoma(m): 11:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
osaxx: DID U JUST SAY NORTH IS READY FOR BREAK-UP.....TELL ME U ARE KIDDIN ME!!!
ARE YOU NOT AWARE NOT IS A PARASITE REFUSING TO BE SELF-DEPENDENT BECAUSE OF OIL IN ANOTHER MAN'S BACKYARD...ARE U NOT AWARE...
DEFINATELY THE NORTH WILL BREAK BY 2015 INTO THREE COUNTRIES HAUSA REPUBLIC, FULANI REPUBLIC AND MIDDLE BELT REPUBLIC....LOL, ONLY THEN THEY WILL GO BACK TO THEIR FARMS AND WORK HARD AND STOP USING THJIER ILLITERATE HEAD TO TELL US THEY ARE BORN TO RULE THE LITERATE......AM TIRED OF THEIR DRAWBACK FOR 38YEARS.....WE NEED TO MOVE FORWARD

The confab is the final point. You will have to go back to the creeks and eat your oil. Nigeria must break up. North for northerners and South for southerners.it will be a waste of time to wait for 2015 election which will never be a real election.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel Inspects Refinery And Plants In Eastern Obolo, Akwa Ibom / Abia Tribunal: Uproar As Minister Of Justice-Designate Fagbemi Shows Up In Court / MURIC Blasts Governor Wike For Declaring Rivers Christian State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.