Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,653 members, 7,962,134 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 12:06 AM

Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission - Education (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission (230105 Views)

Ekiti State University (EKSU) In Pictures / Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2014/2015 Admission(2014/2015) / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Oyeyeme: 6:24am On Nov 28, 2013
Pls I need a returning student to hint me on the law program of eksu,I knw the uniform is, a white shirt on a black pants or skirts(can a female student wear sleeveless?)And I knw if 1 dresses like a LovePeddler,d cadets won't let u into the school premises. any useful information about the lecturers?
ACCOMMODATION: pls I want a reasonable,spacious self contain not more than 80 thousand,with good water supply and security not in a hidden location but a place where I can always get a direct bus to uni most especially when I have 7am lectures.
I hear town town which area is called town?how far is it4rm uni? I was advised to avoid hostels around d uni becos of the cult members and its very dry on weekends. And if I have missed out some things pls any1 wf reasonable information to please SHARE.
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Zikdik(m): 6:44am On Nov 28, 2013
How can I pay for this admission checking fee? Most banks don't have it. I'm getting stressed out with anxiety already.
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by daddysgurl(f): 7:02am On Nov 28, 2013
[quote author=Anuoluwap] you can pay through e-transact like you did when you paid for your pume[/quote
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Anuoluwap(m): 8:04am On Nov 28, 2013
daddy'sgurl:

Thanks Anuoluwa.have u paid urs?
I dont know how to convince my dad over dis acceptance fees payment,he is saying since assu is still on strike dat he doesnt think d school management will be asking us to pay acceptance fees.
i haven't paid. But I have downloaded the payment guide from Eksu portal.
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by salubrious(f): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2013
daddy'sgurl:

please how did you go about d payment stuff cos me i dont when they said one will pay thru an ATM and do u have any idea when its closing?
U'll pay using ur ATM buh u'l ensure u av 32,000 in dat acct...sumtins wil b required of u buh its very easy
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oyeyeme: Pls I need a returning student to hint me on the law program of eksu,I knw the uniform is, a white shirt on a black pants or skirts(can a female student wear sleeveless?)And I knw if 1 dresses like a LovePeddler,d cadets won't let u into the school premises. any useful information about the lecturers?
ACCOMMODATION: pls I want a reasonable,spacious self contain not more than 80 thousand,with good water supply and security not in a hidden location but a place where I can always get a direct bus to uni most especially when I have 7am lectures.
I hear town town which area is called town?how far is it4rm uni? I was advised to avoid hostels around d uni becos of the cult members and its very dry on weekends. And if I have missed out some things pls any1 wf reasonable information to please SHARE.
okay.. Let me try and say something... Yes.. Girls can wear sleeveless shirt as long as its white.. I'm not a law student so I can't say much about the lecturers, but lecturers differ.. You just have to study and understand them... About accomodation, you haven't said which area where you want it to be located... About town, town is just the name called the major city 'ado ekiti'.. And you have to take a bus everyday if you stay in town.. You can go through the thread, there are more and better explanation on the accommodation issue... If u still need help, let me know.. #peace
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Yezzy(m): 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
An advice. Incoming students chill a lil bit abt the payment of ur acceptance fees. There is enough time for dat. Atleast u'll still be able to pay till arnd jan to feb nxt year. So why d rush. Hmm be wise o o o
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by daddysgurl(f): 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
Yezzy: An advice. Incoming students chill a lil bit abt the payment of ur acceptance fees. There is enough time for dat. Atleast u'll still be able to pay till arnd jan to feb nxt year. So why d rush. Hmm be wise o o o
Abeg how sure are you dat d payment will last till around jan cos am suprised dat you and my old man are saying same thing.he said since assu is still on strike and d skull is even lacking behind sef dat he doesn't know why they are asking for acceptance fees now.
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Oyeyeme: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
@logoDwhiz,where on the thread do I find information on accommodation?
How is iworoko as a place?hw far is it4rm school?I just need names of the best and affordable(not more dan 80k)private hostels(security and good water supply) I hear iworoko is not too far 4rm d school.and as a fresher wot advice will u gv me on accommodation.
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Anuoluwap(m): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
daddy'sgurl:

Abeg how sure are you dat d payment will last till around jan cos am suprised dat you and my old man are saying same thing.he said since assu is still on strike and d skull is even lacking behind sef dat he doesn't know why they are asking for acceptance fees now.
https://www.nairaland.com/898475/ekiti-state-university-eksu-2013/45
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Anuoluwap(m): 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oyeyeme: @logoDwhiz,where on the thread do I find information on accommodation?
How is iworoko as a place?hw far is it4rm school?I just need names of the best and affordable(not more dan 80k)private hostels(security and good water supply) I hear iworoko is not too far 4rm d school.and as a fresher wot advice will u gv me on accommodation.
clear your doubts, hope it helps www.nairaland.com/898475/ekiti-state-university-eksu-2013/88
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
check page 88, there was some comments about accommodation... My advice is you get what u can afford and how it suits u.. I would say u should try finding an accommodation in the satellite phase 1 around, or better still osekita area... I stay in phase 1 in a hostel of 85k.. But I don't really know much about prices of other hostel.. It will be best if you can come around and inspect it yourself...
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Anuoluwap(m): 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
We will resume june next year. Lol
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by bobbyratio: 7:28am On Nov 29, 2013
@all,is there any dressing code for medicine students apart from the white lab-coat.
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Pacesetter2: 9:58am On Nov 29, 2013
Oyeyeme: Pls I need a returning student to hint me on the law program of eksu,I knw the uniform is, a white shirt on a black pants or skirts(can a female student wear sleeveless?)And I knw if 1 dresses like a LovePeddler,d cadets won't let u into the school premises. any useful information about the lecturers?

welcome to faculty of law. Concerning the uniform, make sure it is white not milky. I'm happy you're aware of the dressing...no trousers for ladies...no splitting of skirts to b.uttocks..infact if your skirts is too tight and some lecturers who esteem moral sees you...na one chance. Concerning hostel...it depends on what you want...town means the ado centre and that is 140 per day for go-come..concerning cultists, we no longer have them as they've used to be. Everywhere is peaceful but if you're the exact type that like a lively environment,i'll advice satelite. Peaceful and quiet place for reading goes to oppossite the school gate. If you dont want light and a far place from school, go for satelite phase 2 but you like cheap hostels but taking bike per day to school then live at iworoko town. School gates is also cheap beacause the best hostel goes for 65k but in the lively satelite phase1..around 120k per year
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
bobbyratio: @all,is there any dressing code for medicine students apart from the white lab-coat.
yeah.. You dress officially, with a tie..
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by kolidave: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
Na y I just too gbadun Engineering. U fit wear anything. Even bathroom slippers with shorts and round neck
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Amaobi07(m): 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
kolidave: Na y I just too gbadun Engineering. U fit wear anything. Even bathroom slippers with shorts and round neck
lwkmo. Funny

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Amaobi07(m): 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
Guess i'm learning already... gud work people

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by bobbyratio: 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
kolidave: Na y I just too gbadun Engineering. U fit wear anything. Even bathroom slippers with shorts and round neck
Guy u dey funny o...

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by bobbyratio: 9:58am On Nov 30, 2013
Hurray! Eksu 2nd list is on the school website.Click on E-portal..go to OTHERS..you will see it their.it's in pdf form but you can view it on phone with the aid of ucweb browser.Only 2 candidates under the MBBS..success o
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by bufness(m): 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
dissapointed only 4 pepu for law sad
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Ephhay(f): 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
bobbyratio: Hurray! Eksu 2nd list is on the school website.Click on E-portal..go to OTHERS..you will see it their.it's in pdf form but you can view it on phone with the aid of ucweb browser.Only 2 candidates under the MBBS..success o
Thank u jesus, i am so hapi, God has done it finally 4 me.
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Zikdik(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
Is this list for second choice only? Is there going to be any other list?
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Ephhay(f): 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
bobbyratio: Hurray! Eksu 2nd list is on the school website.Click on E-portal..go to OTHERS..you will see it their.it's in pdf form but you can view it on phone with the aid of ucweb browser.Only 2 candidates under the MBBS..success o
pls ani1 wu jus saw his or her name in d 2nd batch n has bin able 2 print admisn leta shud pls lets no hw he or she did it.
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2013

Iworoko is a five min drive neighbouring town sharing it's boundary with the school. As a fresher I won't advice you stay there just because you lack of co ordination in 100level where many lectures will be impromptu won't work. It happened during my own time when impromptu tests and lectures were organised.

Now take for instance, you had it in mind, that no lecture today, you later got a call you are having GST(general study unit) referred to GNS by other schools where your attendance is paramount more than the lecture itself. Take for instance no money with you that day, how do you solve that.
like I said earlier accommodation choices depend on what you want.
satellite: closest to the school, but noise from salon, tailors and mainly Churches scares me a lot, as I don't like reading in library. I read in my room.

school gate: opposite the school, had issues earlier with security but now God has taken the full control, thanks to God and Aina. Quiet and suitable for studying @ anytime, if you aren't disturb by your hoste'sl neighbour musical deck. Disadvantage: most fellowship don't have the church situated there. If you a religious fellow, then you might have to walk to satellite for church services. Some still have though like DLCF, RHEMA and I think probaly 1 or 2 others(to the best of my knowledge)

brb
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
Osekita: trekable, at most 15minutes walk to the school, light condition before I left there was poor. Not noisy as satellite. Some areas are prone to water logging.

Phase 1: located after satellite, accomodation affordable (to the best of my knowledge), their light issue is what I can't talk about. But I know that of phase II(so far) to be the worst with exceptions to cases whereby their Landlords are opulent.
Iworoko: daily transportation ranging from 60 to 100 to and fro, proximity to the market place, you live sometimes with older women, men or non student(indigene of the town) in some cases, with exception to new hostel

Things I would advice you to look out for:
1) check for light conditions, make enquiries not from one but a variety of people about their light history. When there is light, it makes you communication accessible by friends and colleague. Don't underestimate the power of eletricity. Don't be deceived by the fact that your hostel has generator. Infact in most cases, it is cheap propanganda.

2)check for water logging: this area aren't known by many though, but fact is especially osekita and school gates where some hostels struggle with water during rainfall, this fact even made me packing from Osekita after my 100level.

3) proximity to school area
4) cut your coat according to you size
5) other facilities like water, proximity to your church fellowship and others.

My advice to fresher is, if you are chanced to be in Ado, come to the school to see things for your self before you finally resume. Make some research, some contact, you coan even start indicating about accommodation you intend to live in, some few weeks to the second semester examination

Disclaimer: not all I wrote concerning those area might be 100% true. It may differ a little because what I wrote above is based on what my friends and course who live around there do say.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
bobbyratio: @all,is there any dressing code for medicine students apart from the white lab-coat.

No dressing code for MBBS student, lab-coat is just for laboratory practicals. Just that you will be forced to follow the trend, by your fellow colleagues in dressing corporately. Welcome to the college of Medicine, Eksu grin cheesy
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
daddy'sgurl:

Thanks Anuoluwa.have u paid urs?
I dont know how to convince my dad over dis acceptance fees payment,he is saying since assu is still on strike dat he doesnt think d school management will be asking us to pay acceptance fees.

I will advice you to wait till when the school resumes from strike
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by Papacypaul(m): 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
D 2ndbatch z 0ut,cn b d0wnl0ad as a pdf.f0rmat @E-p0rtal,plz wh0 d0n d0wnl0ad am,help me chk dt of mah br0,36445538ea,oladele teophil0us aanu
Re: Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission by striker9(m): 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
For accommodation,I think Iworoko or school premises will suite you,considering your lecture hour.Though,students stay in town and still meets up with lectures,just that you gotta wake early.Town is very peaceful[IMO]Fajuyi to be precise,lived there for 4yrs and have never experienced any form of cultist wahala.Places like Dalimo,Adeun,Nova and Adebayo are students areas in town but are prone to cultist wahala once in a while.If your the type that enjoys nite life,Adeun is NO NO,Adebayo,Nova,Oke Isa and partially Fajuyi should suite you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (111) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2011/2012 Admission(official Page) / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2015/2016 Admission Processes / Mtn Foundation Scholarship 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.